PDA

View Full Version : After Bloody Primary, GOP Reconsiders Nomination Rules...

IPSecure
02-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Adding to the pressure are threats from Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich to stay in the race until the GOP convention in Tampa.

“It’d be horrible to go into a brokered convention heading into Labor Day weekend,” said Saul Anuzis, an RNC committeeman from Michigan who backs Mitt Romney.

Link (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/212491-long-gop-primary-process-has-party-considering-changes-to-calendar)

Gray Fullbuster
02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Alright, let's get this shit started.
GOP, in charge of running a fair race.

Tyler_Durden
02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Here's what the 3rd paragraph originally said:

“I think the Paul problem comes up at almost every major Republican meeting across the country,” said one senior Republican, who requested anonymity to speak candidly. “Everyone’s talking about how we can do this better, how can we fix it. I think it’s going to be a big discussion.”

wgadget
On the other hand, Obama hasn't a CLUE who/how to attack the longer this goes on.

alucard13mmfmj
Seeing more mention of Jeb Bush or an outsider to enter the race.

Lord Xar
02-24-2012, 01:25 PM

“I think the Paul problem comes up at almost every major Republican meeting across the country,” said one senior Republican, who requested anonymity to speak candidly. “Everyone’s talking about how we can do this better, how can we fix it. I think it’s going to be a big discussion.”

Do what better? And fix what?
You mean, they want to create a MORE rigged system in which any contest from an anti-establishment candidate is squeshed!

bronxboy10
02-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Wow really?

By "fix", does this person mean "rig"?

Lucille
02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Who didn't see this coming?

JamesButabi
02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow really?

Yes, absolutely. Just like they tried to do this time to make this a smooth process for Romney. Also not they call it "The Paul problem". Real nice; The 2 party system needs to die and hopefully our movement will be the catalyst.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
02-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Sounds like someone is afraid that Paul has too many delegates.

gerryb
02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes, absolutely. Just like they tried to do this time to make this a smooth process for Romney. Also not they call it "The Paul problem". Real nice; The 2 party system needs to die and hopefully our movement will be the catalyst.

Or we could, you know, replace them.

Tyler_Durden
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Wow really?

it was my attempt at sarcasm. However, I'm sure the "problem" is Paul more than Santorum or Gingrich, as far as the GOP is concerned.

Sola_Fide
02-24-2012, 01:40 PM
LoL....they've got to "deal with that Paul problem". :rolleyes:

Paul4Prez
02-24-2012, 01:54 PM
They're the dinosaurs, debating what do to about the meteors, not realizing that their fate is already sealed....

V3n
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Paul and Romney were the only two with the money and organization to stay in until the end, since the beginning.
If they "fixed" it, would only have eliminated Santorum and Gingrich early.

Jlasoon
02-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Do they honestly believe that they can win without 15% of the electorate? I say go ahead rig the damn system, the GOP will never win another election. Look at all these problems currently plaguing our country, and yet Dumbo still manages to attract 50% support. And they want to get rid of us lol. These guys are nuts.

sailingaway
02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Link (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-presidential-primary/212491-long-gop-primary-process-has-party-considering-changes-to-calendar)

Heaven forbid it should disturb their vacation plans.

ghengis86
02-24-2012, 02:32 PM
They're the dinosaurs, debating what do to about the meteors, not realizing that their fate is already sealed....

For real, ^this x1776

sailingaway
02-24-2012, 02:32 PM

If anyone had any doubt who the only true 'outsider' to the establishment is in this race, that should clear it up.

Blue
02-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Well if Santorum slides I seriously doubt Gingrich will magically surge again. That would leave Ron as the anti-Romney. Establishment fears this. They'd throw an outsider in the race to create some noise.

sailingaway
02-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Paul and Romney were the only two with the money and organization to stay in until the end, since the beginning.
If they "fixed" it, would only have eliminated Santorum and Gingrich early.

The principle behind the statement 'if you make it impossible to change peacefully you create the need for war' (or however it goes) also applies to parties. Ron's run should demonstrate to any thinking person how ludicrous representation is if it isn't by one of the 'preselected' candidates, and SHOULD lead to a push for ballot/debate access change.

In a somewhat perfect world... :/

gerryb
02-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Do they honestly believe that they can win without 15% of the electorate? I say go ahead rig the damn system, the GOP will never win another election. Look at all these problems currently plaguing our country, and yet Dumbo still manages to attract 50% support. And they want to get rid of us lol. These guys are nuts.

They currently hold the house, they will probably take over the Senate, they have a majority of the Governors and state houses.

They don't need us. We claim we're a "grassroots" powerhouse -- why aren't we taking over the party apparatus of this grassroots run organization(GOP)? It will give our guys an advantage at all of the aforementioned positions.

Jlasoon
02-24-2012, 02:53 PM
They currently hold the house, they will probably take over the Senate, they have a majority of the Governors and state houses.

They don't need us. We claim we're a "grassroots" powerhouse -- why aren't we taking over the party apparatus of this grassroots run organization(GOP)? It will give our guys an advantage at all of the aforementioned positions.

Midterms were a disaster for the Dems. I was focusing mostly on the presidency. Midterm elections, state elections, local elections are a little different than general elections. Different voter base. My point still remains, if we run a 3rd party candidate they don't win - ever. I'd say that's a pretty powerful position to be in.

IPSecure
02-24-2012, 07:42 PM
...next RNC meeting, slotted for late spring in Phoenix.

Will thousands show up to support Dr. Paul?

ZanZibar
02-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Remember Saul A. is the same hack who tried to exclude RP from the debates in 2008. Look him up, he's a tyrant.