PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck praises Ron Paul on the Fed

PaulStandsTall
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Not sure if anyone else heard it this morning, so I'll fill you in. At the end of the first hour, Beck played some tape of Santorum talking about the Fed and how he believes it should "only handle the money supply" and nothing else. Beck said how Santorum was wrong and how Ron Paul is the only person talking about it and referred to the Fed as "one of the most pressing issues," all while his co-hosts were eagerly reminding him after each breath he took about how "Ron Paul is obviously not an option because of his views on Foreign Policy." Beck actually said that during the debate he looked at Ron and asked himself, "Could I put aside all the things I don't like and still vote for him?"

Then he talked about how it is a crime that the money supply is not connected to the federal government directly. It sounded for a second like he wanted more intervention by Congress in the money supply. Seems strange that he would advocate gold, and then say he wants money to be managed by the most corrupt legislative body in the world...

Either way, it is a refreshing breath of sanity for all his listeners to have; anything that paints Ron Paul in a good light is what we are after.

EBounding
02-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Paul needs to call these people out who pretend to agree with him on the Fed. He needs to say something like:

"Well that's great that you agree with me. But you do realize that if the Fed is no more, there is no way to finance our overseas expansion and undeclared wars, right?"

francisco
02-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Either way, it is a refreshing breath of sanity for all his listeners to have;

I'm not sure that "sanity" and "Glen Beck" are terms that belong in the same sentence. And I don't trust him. But I agree, I'll take any support he might send our way on the margin.

Nate
02-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Paul needs to call these people out who pretend to agree with him on the Fed. He needs to say something like:

"Well that's great that you agree with me. But you do realize that if the Fed is no more, there is no way to finance our overseas expansion and undeclared wars, right?"

+1

They are exposed as either ignorant or duplicitous to those who actually understand how the FED works & how it makes their "foreign policy" possible when they hold both positions at the same time.

Working Poor
02-24-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't trust GB for any reason.

brandon
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Don't care at all. Glenn who?

Cap
02-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Is Beck still pimping Frothy?

Maximus
02-24-2012, 12:24 PM

Why would you tell them that? Then you'll just have someone who supports the Fed and the wars. They'll say "We can't get rid of the Fed because we have to fight the terrorists."

Jack Bauer
02-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Beck is a schizophrenic.

bronxboy10
02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Glenn Santorum? Rick Beck? What? Huh? :confused:

:rolleyes:

Mark37snj
02-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Here is a cookie, now come sit back down and we will give you some refreshing coolaid.

TheGrinch
02-24-2012, 12:41 PM
We've seen this before, and Gingrich has become the poster child of hijacking Paul's ideas, while finding easier ways to try to discredit him (often foreign policy or electability). In other words, take the parts that they have trouble denying are wrong and don't dispute them, that's only going to make people think you're out of touch with them. But of course Beck isn't going to give him that much prasie without throwing in the "obvioulsy not an option because of foreign policy"... The use of the word obvious drives that point home, as if to say, it's so obvious you'd be considered a fool to side with him on that important issue.

Basically just paying lip service becasue they can't igonre him anymore, because we know every republican candidate since umm, I'll gt back to you on that, has said they were going to reduce the size and scope of government, but continue to have no interest in doing things like abolish the Fed that could actually accomplish this.

JK/SEA
02-24-2012, 12:50 PM
you mean Glenn 'i found the answer and its right here, then puts arm in wood chipper' Beck?

that Glenn Beck?...boy, i sure miss him. Didn't know he was still relevant.

ravedown
02-24-2012, 12:51 PM
beck had a chance to ride up front in the liberty freight train but instead made the mistake of trying to derail it...now he's spiraling downward into political obscurity. hey beck...take your book money and start a local radio show in florida at The Villages and fade away already.

John of Des Moines
02-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Please observe the 12-inch double-bladed knife in ol' Beck's sweaty girlie-man hands.

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 12:59 PM
I'll take any praise from neocons we can get. Ron is all about coalitions, and we should be, too. So there's no need to bash Beck, just don't trust him, evaluate what he says with a grain of salt, and appreciate what you DO get on that front.

BuddyRey
02-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Dangit Beck, just go ahead and endorse Ron Paul. You're off the FOX plantation now. It's safe!

alucard13mmfmj
02-24-2012, 01:06 PM
How come no one has talked positive about his Foreign Policy yet =|

kill the banks
02-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I forgive the snowballers

Carehn
02-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Is Beck still pimping Frothy?

I think he is starting to regret it

KingNothing
02-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Seems strange that he would advocate gold, and then say he wants money to be managed by the most corrupt legislative body in the world...

We're bad, but we aren't that bad. .....right?

Brett85
02-24-2012, 03:21 PM
How can all of these so called "limited government advocates" support a big government foreign policy? How can they not realize that pre-emptive and endless war overseas only serves to bankrupt our country and enlarge the size and scope of government?

bunklocoempire
02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
How can all of these so called "limited government advocates" support a big government foreign policy? How can they not realize that pre-emptive and endless war overseas only serves to bankrupt our country and enlarge the size and scope of government?

How?

Inconsistency.

:)

KingNothing
02-24-2012, 03:25 PM
How can all of these so called "limited government advocates" support a big government foreign policy?

Never in my life as a minarchist/Libertarian/Anarchist/whateveryouwanttocallme have I been able to separate domestic limited-government thinking from foreign-policy limited-government thinking. If I'm for cutting spending at home for principled and pragmatic reasons, why shouldn't I endorse the same mindset for spending abroad? The people who argue that domestic spending is inefficient then turn a blind eye to the oodles of waste inherent in our foreign-policy are engaged in some serious cognitive dissonance.

Brett85
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Never in my life as a minarchist/Libertarian/Anarchist/whateveryouwanttocallme have I been able to separate domestic limited-government thinking from foreign-policy limited-government thinking. If I'm for cutting spending at home for principled and pragmatic reasons, why shouldn't I endorse the same mindset for spending abroad?

I'm exactly the same, and I'm not even a down the line libertarian. But I still recognize that big government is big government, regardless of whether it's big government at home or big government abroad.

Liberty74
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
I stopped listening to Beck around Oct/Nov of last year along with Hannity, Rush and Levin. These people are complete shills who keep on advocating we stick with the two party criminal system or should I say, one party dictatorship because it really does not matter who is in power - it's just more of the same. They honestly could care less about individualism, the Constitution, fighting corruption, waste and fraud, etc.

But I know where Beck stands on many issues because I have been listening to him for years and it's Ron Paul - end the FED, abolish the IRS, etc. I also know he has/had endorsed Santorum and Bachmann. But at the same time, maybe Beck is warming himself up to Ron Paul and trying to squeeze that into his program some how to plant the seeds to his listeners.

I honestly believe if these fake conservative talk radio show hosts above never smeared and launched an all out attack on Ron back in 2011, the Republican nomination would be a very very very different game today.

Cap
02-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Please God, make them stop...no more Glenn Beck threads, I can't take anymore....please....please...please.

sirgonzo420
02-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Gluck Fenn Beck.

Paulatized
02-24-2012, 04:43 PM
IMO, it would be to Glenn's credit if he would get rid of Pat and Stu. Maybe get a true liberty loving sidekick.