PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Ad - Rick Santorum Fake Fiscal Conservative (not official)

coffeewithchess
02-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Yesterday, in the CNN debate thread, a fellow RPF member commented about the Ron Paul video calling Santorum a fake and said, "I demand that someone splice this with Vreenak's "IT'S A FAKE!" and Sisko's "IT'S REAL!" from two of the best episodes of Star Trek: DS9."

So, without further delay, here is my take on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9APBbtGIB0

DanConway
02-24-2012, 05:23 AM
Even though it didn't have "IT'S REAL!", that made my day. (And I was the one who asked for it, so thank you!)

coffeewithchess
02-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Even though it didn't have "IT'S REAL!", that made my day. (And I was the one who asked for it, so thank you!)

The "IT'S REAL!" part, was that in the Star Trek episode, or just the YouTube clip? All the clips I saw were spoofs on the "It's a fake!" line from the episode, and one put the "IT'S REAL!" from another movie in it...but I didn't think that was what you were talking about?

So again, is the "IT'S REAL!" from the Star Trek episode, or something else?

coffeewithchess
02-24-2012, 10:33 PM
bump for the Star Trek fans?

DanConway
02-24-2012, 10:40 PM
"IT'S REAL" was from a separate episode -- "Far Beyond The Stars". "IT'S A FAKE" was from "In The Pale Moonlight".

coffeewithchess
02-26-2012, 11:48 AM
"IT'S REAL" was from a separate episode -- "Far Beyond The Stars". "IT'S A FAKE" was from "In The Pale Moonlight".

Thanks for the info! I think Netflix has all the seasons of DS9 available on streaming, so I'll check for it and see what it would be like.