PDA

View Full Version : WaPo: 3 of 4 Republican Candidates Polices would swell debt. Ron Paul the exception.

SCOTUSman
02-23-2012, 09:47 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/report-debt-will-swell-under-top-gop-hopefuls-tax-plans/2012/02/22/gIQAzAJvUR_story.html

We need to promote this....Santorum's 5 trillion in cuts was a load of crap....

PauliticsPolitics
02-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Yea, this has been going around.
I wish WaPo chose your title instead...

SCOTUSman
02-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Ah. I searched for it. Search options not the best here.

And yeah I wish too. The facebook link actually was really misleading. The default pic they used for the link on FB was a picture of Ron Paul with the title of "Report: Debt will swell under top GOP hopefuls’ tax plans." So it made it seem as if Ron Paul was one of them. Not to say that it should have just said Ron Paul's policies would not swell debt. But it should definitely had something like mine. Stating the other candidates policies effects, and saying Paul's is different. Of course not though.

Edward
02-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Looking at the polls and the results of the primaries and caucuses, I'm afraid that the vast majority of Republicans - including Tea Party supporters as well as the talking heads on the right - only give lip service to cutting the debt. Do we need to be standing in bread lines before people wake up?

J_White
02-24-2012, 02:26 AM
at last some truth, to separate Dr.Paul from the rest of the liars and panderers !!

TomtheTinker
02-24-2012, 03:22 AM
Looking at the polls and the results of the primaries and caucuses, I'm afraid that the vast majority of Republicans - including Tea Party supporters as well as the talking heads on the right - only give lip service to cutting the debt. Do we need to be standing in bread lines before people wake up?

There are already bread lines..right at my local super marker 1/3 people pay with benifit cards. I live in a worse area than where I shop..but the gas station is littered with beggers and people buying food with welfare andthenpulling out their cashfor cigs, beer an d lottery tickets

SCOTUSman
02-24-2012, 03:27 AM
There are already bread lines..right at my local super marker 1/3 people pay with benifit cards. I live in a worse area than where I shop..but the gas station is littered with beggers and people buying food with welfare andthenpulling out their cashfor cigs, beer an d lottery tickets

Yep and it will get worse and worse. Yes people have individual responsibility and are at fault. However, the system is at even more fault. They encourage this behavior and reward it. In many instances, after taxes and what not....you are making the same if not more with welfare, SSI, food stamps and the like than working a low scale job. Why work 50-60 hours a week with two jobs when you can milk the system and buy alcohol, lottery tickets and the like while sitting around all day?