PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Mark my words: If you insist on going to war may I ask you to do it the right wa

Tudo
02-23-2012, 05:02 PM
Last night the 3 neocon candidates were vigorously discussing Iran and john king finally asked Dr Paul to reply to something ( not necessarily to the Iran debate ) and Dr Paul ( I was sooo happy to see this and would like to see it even more pronounced next time ) put on a face and said something like " I realize I'm not making any headway on this issue for the moral or Constitutional perspective ( the most awesome factual insult not just to the jerk o's running against him/us/freedom, but to everyone who still blindly applauds whenever frothy or one of the others talk about putting the boot on iran's throat and I DO think he should do that more. I stood up and applauded even though I was just in my living room ) but there's another perspective and that's the economic one, and ( I think I remember him facing directly to the audience with finger pointed upward ) and says "if you insist on going to war may I insist that you do it the right way and that's presenting your case to the people, that is the Congress and get an act of war! People are going to get killed there should be an act of war!

That was powerful and it HAS to eventually sink in, even to most of the morons who seem to support the murder of innocent Iranian people ( whoo boy how would you feel if you were Iranian nowadays and what's being said? Or Iranian American? ) It just has too.

please if anyone knows of a link to that on youtube:) please post it here and thank you.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Last night the 3 neocon candidates were vigorously discussing Iran and john king finally asked Dr Paul to reply to something ( not necessarily to the Iran debate ) and Dr Paul ( I was sooo happy to see this and would like to see it even more pronounced next time ) put on a face and said something like " I realize I'm not making any headway on this issue for the moral or Constitutional perspective but there's another perspective and that's the economic one, and ( I think I remember him facing directly to the audience with finger pointed upward ) and says "if you insist on going to war may I insist that you do it the right way and that's presenting your case to the people, that is the Congress and get an act of war! People are going to get killed there should be an act of war!

That was powerful and it HAS to eventually sink in, even to most of the morons who seem to support the murder of innocent Iranian people ( whoo boy how would you feel if you were Iranian nowadays and what's being said? Or Iranian American? ) It just has too.

please if anyone knows of a link to that on youtube:) please post it here and thank you.

While i believe it woke up a lot of people. I also would say that people's emotional attachment which is perpetuated by fear in regards to Israel/Iran, isn't going to sink in as well as we hoped on this one.

VCU for Ron Paul
02-23-2012, 07:08 PM
I liked it too. I am hoping he continues with this rhetoric to grab people's attention. Something like, "These are THE PEOPLE'S sons and daughters who will die overseas, on the other side of the world absorbing the bullets and bomb blasts for our country, and if this war with Iran that the other candidates push for so casually, is waged carelessly and not declared the right way, or if it is without sufficient justification, then we have done our people's sons and daughters no justice."

TheTexan
02-23-2012, 07:11 PM
If you insist on being war mongers, at least do it properly with a declaration of war!! <-- was a brilliant line imo

EaSy
02-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Why not use something in regards of rogue nukes from Soviet Union in regards of Iran:

"Iran could already have a weapon for decades bought from Soviet Union it they wanted to. Why are you worried about unlikely scenario of breaking the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and creating one today?"