PDA

View Full Version : Now should we publicly call Obama out?

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-23-2012, 04:36 PM
His actions . . .
His legislation . . .
His broken promises . . .
His corporatism . . .
His war crimes in Libya . . .
etc. etc.

Thoughts?

Matthew Zak
02-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Yesssss!

Always.

We need to be strongly anti-Obama in order to appeal to conservatives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0DHwiIVOU

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-23-2012, 04:59 PM
I'd like to see this happen, personally, due to the surge/potential surge we got from the debate.

I'd also like to see all of the opinions/discussion pertaining to this.

TheGrinch
02-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Yesssss!

Always.

We need to be strongly anti-Obama in order to appeal to conservatives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_0DHwiIVOU

Awesome video, but I think that applies to disenfranchised democrats as well, of which there are many who have to feel let down by Obama not living up to his promises, or might after this video anyway...

Kudos to whoever produced that. A very excellent video that should be used as far as the general election. There's nothing in there the general election audience don't need to hear too.

02-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Sure, why not?

rpwi
02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
No. Doesn't draw distinction from the other candidates. Voter A hears Paul say Obama is bad...ok thinks Voter A...I'll vote for Santorum. Romney has already tried this tactic...doesn't work.

Compromise, would be to go after issues that Obama AND the other candidates support. Like the bailouts, the wars, and suppressing civil liberties. That might work.

TheGrinch
02-23-2012, 05:47 PM
No. Doesn't draw distinction from the other candidates. Voter A hears Paul say Obama is bad...ok thinks Voter A...I'll vote for Santorum. Romney has already tried this tactic...doesn't work.

Compromise, would be to go after issues that Obama AND the other candidates support. Like the bailouts, the wars, and suppressing civil liberties. That might work.
I don't think it hurts, since republicans are pretty gung-ho about getting behind someone who can beat Obama (why I love the "electabilty" video he cleared up at the end of the debate), but I do tend to agree that this shouldn't take center until the general election, and we can expose his hypocrisy better. Republicans don't need to know the reasons they don't support Obama. They already know them.

That's why I thought the Santorum ad was very effective. He didn't tkae the treasure chest they'll have in a general election with Santorum, they simply attacked his record as not matching his rhetoric the evangelicals and such like, and combined with the debate last night, did a pretty outstanding job. We need to get these other 2 clowns out of the way so we can then continue to draw on people's doubts about Romney, and be the lone "anti-Romney".