PDA

View Full Version : Get Ready for the Ron Paul DEBATE SURGE

02-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Ron Paul's performance last night was strong and aggressive, and he scored real hits on Santorum. It seems clear that this was, in terms of how the media has responded to it, one of the best (or THE best) debate performances ever.

At this critical stage of the game, with skepticism towards Santorum starting to surge, and Romney still looked upon poorly by many Republicans, and Newt gaining little traction in his attempt to reassert himself, we are in prime position for our polling numbers to pop after that great debate.

The key indicator should be this one: The Gallup Tracking Poll (http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx)

This poll is the gold standard of election tracking polls, and their methodology is sound. Their exact numbers may be a bit off, but it is a four day rolling average, and so it certainly picks up trends.

The most recent numbers released today indicate Feb. 18-22 polling. That doesn't include today, mind you.

IF Ron Paul picks up more than a point tomorrow, i.e., if he gains two points or more in tomorrow's Gallup release, then we know FOR SURE that the debate had a HUGE impact and we must immediately seize upon this opportunity to try and rocket Ron Paul into a higher position.

Think about it: If Ron Paul picks up more than a couple points tomorrow on Gallup, that means that ONE poll taken TODAY has enough of an impact to transform the FOUR DAY AVERAGE by 20% (in relation to the rolling average) or more, meaning his actual support in that one poll is much higher than the average and even higher than the new rolling number.

So far, the biggest increases in support that candidates have gained have been for Newt and Santorum, Santorum after he won the Iowa caucuses and later after he won the three states, then Newt after South Carolina. In each case, the candidates at most picked up 3 or 4 points in the Gallup average on a single day.

If we, too pick up 3 or 4 points tomorrow, we know this debate had a tremendous impact and we might surge in our own way, perhaps up to the high teens nationally.

Look for it. I really think it's quite possible. I'm so thrilled that Ron blew 'em away last night.

Constitutional Paulicy
02-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Just in time for Super Tuesday too. They reported that this debate received a record viewing audience.

Lucille
02-23-2012, 01:46 PM
Just in time for Super Tuesday too. They reported that this debate received a record viewing audience.

Excellent news. Ron was on his game last night.

CaptUSA
02-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Don't wait for the poll... Start talking about Ron Paul's surge everywhere you post!

Speak this into reality! The media does it all the time.

If we say Ron Paul surge 20,000 times, the media will read it. If Gallup or some other polling agency even notices a slight bump, they may use that language to describe it.

Carehn
02-23-2012, 01:51 PM
according to listening to my local talk radio this morning he won some votes. People liked him last night.

Constitutional Paulicy
02-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Don't wait for the poll... Start talking about Ron Paul's surge everywhere you post!

If we say Ron Paul surge 20,000 times, the media will read it. If Gallup or some other polling agency even notices a slight bump, they may use that language to describe it.

I'm on it. Who's with me?

Tyler_Durden
02-23-2012, 01:54 PM

I'm already spreading knowledge bombs on my personal facebook page, where my apathetic friends exist.

tfurrh
02-23-2012, 01:56 PM

Yup Yup Yup

specsaregood
02-23-2012, 01:57 PM

State of Israel. If you will it, Dude, it is no dream.

r3volution
02-23-2012, 01:59 PM
talked to a neocon friend last night after the debate and HE brought up the debate to me. he then went on for about and hour raving about Paul TO ME . i could not even get a word in , he then said he changed his mind about voting for santorum . my mind was blown .
i gave up on this guy back in 08 . this guy is glued to talk radio during the day and fox news in the evening . Ron killed it last night ..

alucard13mmfmj
02-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah, most of the media responded on a positive note on Ron's debate performance (maybe ulterior motives, but positive media is better than none/negative). Even the most anti-Ron pundits are either angry that Ron is doing well or slightly less angry and give Ron some credit.

I hope we score 1st in a few states and score at least 2nd in the rest of the upcoming states. If we can score 2nd place and above.. we can say we are consistently top tier and that we are the alternative to Romney or Santorum. People cant decide on Romney or Santorum, BUT Ron is the alternative.

CaptUSA
02-23-2012, 02:02 PM
When I get home, it will be wall-to-wall "Ron Paul Surging" and "Ron Paul Surge"! Comment sections of articles, FB, other forums...

Got to create this meme and get it in fornt of the media types...

ryanmkeisling
02-23-2012, 02:07 PM

This. It is well known that thoughts translate into reality. If we all meditate, visualize, and pray that Ron Paul wins the nomination he is that much closer. Influence the collective mind...

BuddyRey
02-23-2012, 02:08 PM
talked to a neocon friend last night after the debate and HE brought up the debate to me. he then went on for about and hour raving about Paul TO ME . i could not even get a word in , he then said he changed his mind about voting for santorum . my mind was blown .
i gave up on this guy back in 08 . this guy is glued to talk radio during the day and fox news in the evening . Ron killed it last night ..

I love stories like these!!! Anyone else who has any, bring 'em on. We need fuel for the surge.

#Winning!!!

alucard13mmfmj
02-23-2012, 02:10 PM
I love stories like these!!! Anyone else who has any, bring 'em on. We need fuel for the surge.

#Winning!!!

Yeah. Ron Paul really came through for himself, the movement, and for us at the debate. Re-newed strenght!

Constitutional Paulicy
02-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Ron Paul Surging!!!!! Its working this just released......

Poll: Ron Paul surges 7 points in California (http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/2012/02/23/poll-ron-paul-surges-7-points-in-california/)

The State Column | Thursday, February 23, 2012

Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) has surged 7 points in the Golden State, according to a Field Poll of registered California Republican voters.

Read more here........ http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/2012/02/23/poll-ron-paul-surges-7-points-in-california/ (make sure you hit this article)

BuddyRey
02-23-2012, 02:20 PM

Poll: Ron Paul surges 7 points in California (http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/2012/02/23/poll-ron-paul-surges-7-points-in-california/)

Read more here........ http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articles/2012/02/23/poll-ron-paul-surges-7-points-in-california/ (make sure you hit this article)

WOW!!!

alucard13mmfmj
02-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Not quite sure what the establishment is planning... They letting Ron get this far and getting this surge before super tuesday lol.

I am, for the first time, proud ot be a Californian.

CaptUSA
02-23-2012, 02:22 PM
Make sure to do google searches on Ron Paul Surge.

maxoutco
02-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Everyone in their facebook/twitter start saying "It's about time Ron Paul is Surging". If it gets blasted out enough, we can build on this momentum.

RonPaul101.com
02-23-2012, 02:25 PM

This poll is a few days old, can't be because of the debate.

Constitutional Paulicy
02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
This poll is a few days old, can't be because of the debate.

That's good now we will really be SURGING!!!!!!!

r3volution
02-23-2012, 02:28 PM
wtf , the guy i was talking about lives in Bakersfield CA :eek:

Constitutional Paulicy
02-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Make sure to do google searches on Ron Paul Surge.

That's what I've been doing. I also started threads on the three primary Ron Paul Facebook identities. They read.....

Say it with me......

RON PAUL SURGING!!!!!!!!!!! next?

02-23-2012, 02:35 PM
I think last night's solid performance will be worth 4-5 points in polling.

In other good news Santorum fell off 2 points in Gallup daily pre-debate. Last night should knock him back another 5 at least.

Tyler_Durden
02-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Neocon/GOP Calculus:

Surge x Ron Paul x Momentum = Newsletters

Sarge
02-23-2012, 02:37 PM
I was informed by my spouse, that three who voted for BO last time not this time.

One for sure voted for Ron Paul last night. Waiting to hear about the other two. AZ

This is backing up what I hear from my long time barber that many people are not going to vote BO.

I know it is all about delegates but, the surge just might be taking place. IMHO a win in WA and VA can blow this up.

Another person just found out about the track record of Rick and now is considering Ron Paul per my wife.

wgadget
02-23-2012, 02:39 PM
The great thing about CNN debates is that they attract GOP diehards AND liberal Democrats (typical CNN viewers).

:)

ericthethe
State of Israel. If you will it, Dude, it is no dream.

What the fuck're you talking about?

;)

bronxboy10

Bout time Cali started to come around. :cool:

jkob
02-23-2012, 02:40 PM
I agree we could see a surge. It's kind of sad but a sure way to get attention is to attack your opponents. We took off in Iowa after attacking Newt.

alucard13mmfmj
02-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Republicans want a strong leader. Strong = troll and punk the opponent.

freejack
02-23-2012, 02:49 PM
I've been listening to the same neocon station every morning on the way to work for the last few years and I have never heard any mention of Ron Paul until today. They actually played the "he's fake" soundbite from the debate as one of the highlights. There's something happening here.

Lishy
02-23-2012, 02:51 PM
A Ron Paul surge? I wish... This is the same media which has lied to us for so many years! :(

That said, if we SAY there's a Ron Paul surge... It might actually happen! It's not give up hope!

Jack Bauer
02-23-2012, 02:53 PM
I wish! :(

Sarge
02-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Why not a surge.

We have 5 choices with 4 being more war and spending, and one being less war and cut spending if we are to survive as a Country. One might not like all of Dr. Paul's positions, but, we know the other 4 choices will end up in us all being broke. Simple as that.

There are but a few trips around the turnip patch, before there are no more turnips left.

seawolf
02-23-2012, 03:02 PM
We can help the SURGE after Ron Paul's outstanding debate performance last night by Phoning from Home and by making a donation to the Campaign to show our support.

All future Money Bombs should have the title No One But Paul as part of its name.

After the February 14th $952K haul, the Money Bomb averaged $175K per day for the next six days. It has been the longest and most consistently successful Money Bomb in Ron Paul Campaign History. Not the largest, but certainly the one with the most staying power, 7 days no less.....

PolicyReader
02-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Ron Paul's performance last night was strong and aggressive, and he scored real hits on Santorum. It seems clear that this was, in terms of how the media has responded to it, one of the best (or THE best) debate performances ever.

At this critical stage of the game, with skepticism towards Santorum starting to surge, and Romney still looked upon poorly by many Republicans, and Newt gaining little traction in his attempt to reassert himself, we are in prime position for our polling numbers to pop after that great debate.

The key indicator should be this one: The Gallup Tracking Poll (http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx)

This poll is the gold standard of election tracking polls, and their methodology is sound. Their exact numbers may be a bit off, but it is a four day rolling average, and so it certainly picks up trends.

The most recent numbers released today indicate Feb. 18-22 polling. That doesn't include today, mind you.

IF Ron Paul picks up more than a point tomorrow, i.e., if he gains two points or more in tomorrow's Gallup release, then we know FOR SURE that the debate had a HUGE impact and we must immediately seize upon this opportunity to try and rocket Ron Paul into a higher position.

Think about it: If Ron Paul picks up more than a couple points tomorrow on Gallup, that means that ONE poll taken TODAY has enough of an impact to transform the FOUR DAY AVERAGE by 20% (in relation to the rolling average) or more, meaning his actual support in that one poll is much higher than the average and even higher than the new rolling number.

So far, the biggest increases in support that candidates have gained have been for Newt and Santorum, Santorum after he won the Iowa caucuses and later after he won the three states, then Newt after South Carolina. In each case, the candidates at most picked up 3 or 4 points in the Gallup average on a single day.

If we, too pick up 3 or 4 points tomorrow, we know this debate had a tremendous impact and we might surge in our own way, perhaps up to the high teens nationally.

Look for it. I really think it's quite possible. I'm so thrilled that Ron blew 'em away last night.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on, and right before Super Tuesday makes it even more Prime
It's also prime time to feed the effort by donating time (in the form of calls from home et al) and money to the campaign so they can really push
our debate (and post debate interview, the MSM confirmed Ron is in 2nd place) performance into something even more substantive.

Brown Sapper
02-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Hey didn't we have a Ron Paul surge hashtag #RonPaulSurge (hope I'm doing it right)

Adam West
02-23-2012, 03:08 PM
We can help the SURGE after Ron Paul's outstanding debate performance last night by Phoning from Home and by making a donation to the Campaign to show our support.

All future Money Bombs should have the title No One But Paul as part of its name.

After the February 14th $952K haul, the Money Bomb averaged $175K per day for the next six days. It has been the longest and most consistently successful Money Bomb in Ron Paul Campaign History. Not the largest, but certainly the one with the most staying power, 7 days no less.....

"No one but Paul" - Moneybomb. I like it.

ravedown
02-23-2012, 03:12 PM
from what i can tell, most candidates 'surges' were MSM outlet generated. until the major mouthpieces on CNN/MSNBC/CNN and the right wing radio drones start rallying around RP, i don't have any reason to believe there will be a significant surge.

Pawl2012
02-23-2012, 03:14 PM
My neo-con FB friend and Rick Santorum supporter, who calls Ron a cook all the time said this.

"you should know that ol' Ronnie did something last night that I literally clapped my hands for. In an almost concession-like moment, he asked - should one of his Republican opponents become president - that they do things according to the Constitution if going to war was the issue. I.e., he wanted them to go to the PEOPLE to see what they thought. I agreed 1000%. Our Constitution is perfect and its Amendments - sans the 18th and my own issues with Amendments like the 26th - are too."

thesnake742
02-23-2012, 03:23 PM
My neo-con FB friend and Rick Santorum supporter, who calls Ron a cook all the time said this.

He must have read the Ron Paul cookbook ;)

Pawl2012
02-23-2012, 03:28 PM
He must have read the Ron Paul cookbook ;)

You just never know how "ol`Ronnie" will creep into your soul.

Omnica
02-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Hes got the medicine

Tyler_Durden
02-23-2012, 03:57 PM
He must have read the Ron Paul kookbook ;)

I fixed it for ya, lol

PolicyReader
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM
If the debate motivates the GOTV effort and draws some of Santos soft support Super Tuesday could shape up very well indeed. :)

Lets focus on Donations and Phone from Home, to push this debate surge into Super Tuesday results :D

Rudeman
02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
from what i can tell, most candidates 'surges' were MSM outlet generated. until the major mouthpieces on CNN/MSNBC/CNN and the right wing radio drones start rallying around RP, i don't have any reason to believe there will be a significant surge.

I don't really remember the media surging Santorum for the 3 state win, that seemed like a surprise. Maybe I'm wrong though, I've tried to avoid the mainstream media so maybe I missed it.

Hopefully Paul does surge and leaves the media/elites little time to tear him down before Super Tuesday.

gb13
02-23-2012, 04:10 PM

Huzzah!!!

BuddyRey
02-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Bump!

JohnMeridith
02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I hear more and more people talking about him. I love it.

tennman
02-23-2012, 09:00 PM

YES

J_White
02-23-2012, 09:54 PM
thats a good analysis and lets hope to see this surge.

kpitcher
02-23-2012, 10:37 PM
This is backing up what I hear from my long time barber that many people are not going to vote BO.

You know I hadn't thought about the local barber. With primaries less than a week away I better get a haircut just to get in there and talk politics. Not many old style barber shops around but they do have interesting discussions.

lakefx
02-23-2012, 10:38 PM
People at work, who happen to know me as a Paulbot, have actually made a point to come find me in my office, and ask me how I felt about the debate. 5 separate people, and plenty of bystanders. Unfortunately I was at Ash Wednesday service and missed it....and forgot to DVR it. Fortunately, RPF had educated me enough on the highlights that I had a lot to add to the conversation. We are in a very conservative town. Grand Rapids. Large percentage of calvinistic evangelicals. The type that OUGHT to vote for Paul that have been hemming and hawing over the other three. And very few Obama supporters.

I tell you what, nobody at my office watched previous debates...This one mattered, MI primary coming up of course. I let them know that my absentee ballot was already sent and who it was for. All of them had very positive things to say about Paul. Occasionally some points about Romney, and Santorum, moot on Grinch. These people are the classic neocons. The classic 'I like Ron. But he can't win because Faux news says so.' These people though have been spammed by my rants in the past. They are in Justin Amash's district. They voted for Amash---even if the reason was that he has the -R by his name. They were already primed. Now they see exactly what's going on here. One candidate truly means business, one candidate is for real, one candidate is fighting for freedom and responsibility. One candidate has supporters who will go to their grave having never voted for someone less than a Ron Paul. Now they know why.

I believe i turned 5 more maybe's into 5 voters.

brendan.orourke
02-23-2012, 10:53 PM
It's because Ron grew a pair last night and went on the offensive finally. And even when Jon King said he had a brief follow up Paul said "No John I get a full minute." This is what we need, this is what neo-cons like.

Feeding the Abscess
02-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Neocon/GOP Calculus:

Surge x Ron Paul x Momentum = Newsletters

The speech in front of the Confederate flag hasn't hit the media yet either. Waiting for the newsletters/Confederate flag double team.

In the long run, he's pimping Lysander Spooner in the speech, so it's all gravy.

eleganz
02-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Great OP.

Get on PHONE FROM HOME and let's WIN WASHINGTON.

eleganz
02-23-2012, 11:02 PM
It's because Ron grew a pair last night and went on the offensive finally. And even when Jon King said he had a brief follow up Paul said "No John I get a full minute." This is what we need, this is what neo-cons like.

No its not, it was the same old Ron. Just because he was asked a question about his Santorum ad and successfully put Santorum down, you think he grew balls.

dancjm
02-24-2012, 12:01 AM
An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government or any mainstream media pundit.

Winning. :D

BigByrd47119
02-24-2012, 12:13 AM
No its not, it was the same old Ron. Just because he was asked a question about his Santorum ad and successfully put Santorum down, you think he grew balls.

He was assertive the entire debate, something that we have only seen in bits and pieces here and there. I guess you could call it "growing balls" but it's really a matter of terminology is it not? Anyone who has followed RP for any length of time knows that last night was not his typical debate. The subject matter was the same, the message was the same, but the delivery was very different (more assertive).

02-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Gallup tracking numbers including yesterday will be released here in about 50 minutes, at 1pm EST. I will update this thread when they're released, but keep an eye on it!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

MsDoodahs
02-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Hoping we get some bump.....

02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Gallup tracking numbers including yesterday will be released here in about 50 minutes, at 1pm EST. I will update this thread when they're released, but keep an eye on it!

http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

It's a 5 day average, I wouldn't expect much until say monday.

Matthew5
02-24-2012, 12:11 PM
It shows that we picked up Santorum's lost point, but so did Newt. Probable won't know the true effect till Monday.

whippoorwill
02-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Paul will be on CNBC The Kudlow Report today. "Get fiscal religion or we will be Greece" should be used and hammered home. "Get fiscal religion".
"Get fiscal religion"
Like 9-9-9 a buzz word or catch phrase works. Please consider using this. It could play well with the neocon moral majority base. Time is running out!
"Get fiscal religion" And pound the air waves!

02-24-2012, 12:40 PM
It shows that we picked up Santorum's lost point, but so did Newt. Probable won't know the true effect till Monday.

A point means something, so I think we need to definitely have hope that a few more days will reflect a bigger increase in the numbers.

No Free Beer
02-24-2012, 12:42 PM
only 4.7 mil watched

alucard13mmfmj
02-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Paul will be on CNBC The Kudlow Report today. "Get fiscal religion or we will be Greece" should be used and hammered home. "Get fiscal religion".
"Get fiscal religion"
Like 9-9-9 a buzz word or catch phrase works. Please consider using this. It could play well with the neocon moral majority base. Time is running out!
"Get fiscal religion" And pound the air waves!

People respond well to sound bites or catch phrases... thats how commercials and ads work.

Mister Grieves
02-24-2012, 12:45 PM
He was assertive the entire debate, something that we have only seen in bits and pieces here and there. I guess you could call it "growing balls" but it's really a matter of terminology is it not? Anyone who has followed RP for any length of time knows that last night was not his typical debate. The subject matter was the same, the message was the same, but the delivery was very different (more assertive).You're right. It's almost as though Ron had a cocktail or two before the debate, not enough to get drunk but enough to loosen up a little. I liked it.

JohnMeridith
02-24-2012, 12:49 PM
He was assertive the entire debate, ...... but the delivery was very different (more assertive).

Definitely, especially with the comment about declaring war if thats what the congress and people want and also a huge statement in my mind is when he commented on people disagreeing with his stance on foreign conflict but he said, in so many words, the debt and cost will make them all agree with him in the end.

TruckinMike
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
http://revimgs.bevnet.com/media/surge/surge_logo.gif

TM

CTRattlesnake
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Santorum33%-1
Romney27%-
Gingrich16%+1
Paul11%+1

GrahamUK
02-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Definitely, especially with the comment about declaring war if thats what the congress and people want and also a huge statement in my mind is when he commented on people disagreeing with his stance on foreign conflict but he said, in so many words, the debt and cost will make them all agree with him in the end.

Like a freaking boss!

Ron had a great night, his attack on frothy was pure genius and the 'rough' handshake and slap of the back at the end of the debate proves he was rattled.. I love how the 3 stoogies are happy enough to tear each other to shreads but whenever anyone of them tries to take on the Dr. they get smoked!

IMO RP's superior intellect and knowledge scares establishment to death, and all the while he's just telling the American people (and soon the world) the TRUTH..

VictorB
02-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Santorum33%-1
Romney27%-
Gingrich16%+1
Paul11%+1

I think Santorum is going to start to slide fast. He knew it after the debate and thats why he gave that handshake. Sort of a "you SOB you just drowned me" handshake.

Matthew5
02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
I think Santorum is going to start to slide fast. He knew it after the debate and thats why he gave that handshake. Sort of a "you SOB you just drowned me" handshake.

I missed that part! Tubez?

VictorB
02-24-2012, 02:16 PM
I missed that part! Tubez?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?362609-Post-Debate-Strange-Handshake-Ron-Paul-Rick-Santorum&highlight=handshake

Matthew5
02-24-2012, 02:32 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?362609-Post-Debate-Strange-Handshake-Ron-Paul-Rick-Santorum&highlight=handshake

lol thanks!