PDA

View Full Version : The faces that Dr. Paul made while Santorum was spewing his bs were awesome

Sematary
02-23-2012, 08:13 AM
I couldn't help but laugh my ass off when Santorum was talking and Ron was doing what he was doing. Even the audience was sort of getting into it...

GraspingForPeace
02-23-2012, 08:15 AM
I couldn't help but laugh my ass off when Santorum was talking and Ron was doing what he was doing. Even the audience was sort of getting into it...

Couldn't agree more, it looked like he was just constantly offended by what Santroum was spewing.

Sematary
02-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Couldn't agree more, it looked like he was just constantly offended by what Santroum was spewing.

I could have bubble thoughts about what Ron was thinking while Ricky was going on.

"Ya, right, Frothy - did I ever tell you that name fits you?"
"Holy cow - did you really just say that?"
"You couldn't be more wrong if you claimed to have created the internet"
"Don't they have homes where they place people like you?"
"Can someone run out and get me a tums? I think I'm going to be sick"

Original_Intent
02-23-2012, 08:22 AM
My favorite was when he spread his hands apologetically to the audience as if to say "What are you gonna do with a guy this clueless?" The audience was chuckling and snickering - good stuff!

Another sweet moment was when they asked Ron about his ads saying that Rick is a phony and Ron said "Because he is one!" and Santorum just started mumbling "Unreal, Ron, absolutely unreal.." lulz.

Sematary
02-23-2012, 08:29 AM
My favorite was when he spread his hands apologetically to the audience as if to say "What are you gonna do with a guy this clueless?" The audience was chuckling and snickering - good stuff!

Another sweet moment was when they asked Ron about his ads saying that Rick is a phony and Ron said "Because he is one!" and Santorum just started mumbling "Unreal, Ron, absolutely unreal.." lulz.

Watch it again. What he said was that Frothy was a fake and Santorum sat there mumbling "I'm real, Ron, I'm real" - think Pinnochio saying "I wanna be a real boy" and Ron came back with "Congratulations". Funny shit. And the audience was laughing at Santorum. He really took some knocks on the chin last night from Mittens and Ron.

JorgeStevenson
02-23-2012, 08:31 AM
How about when Ron was celebrating that he was going to get to rebut, and he kept fist-bumping the table over and over. What a beast.

Sematary
02-23-2012, 08:36 AM
How about when Ron was celebrating that he was going to get to rebut, and he kept fist-bumping the table over and over. What a beast.

Unquestionably one of his better nights and I think Santorum really got hurt last night on his "conservative" values. The crowd was really giving him a hard time every time he came up with an excuse for one of his very not conservative votes.

azxd
02-23-2012, 08:38 AM
IMO the whole event was sadly comical.

RonPaulFever
02-23-2012, 08:39 AM
"Why would you call him a fake, Dr. Paul?"

"Because he's a fake!"

That's seriously right up their with the Lloyd Benson/Dan Quayle "You're No Jack Kennedy" moment!

tuggy24g
02-23-2012, 08:48 AM
If people still think Santorum is this great guy still after the debate they are really brainwashed. Santorum Said I was rated as one of the most fiscally conservatives members of the senate and you Ron ranked 147 on the bottom half of Republicans this year. Ron Paul has the best comeback you could have for this that got the audience all round up. Ron Paul said "it is always a copout when you compare your self to the other members of congress. People are sick and tired of the members of congress with a 9% rating. You have to be blind to think that Santorum is actual presidential material. It is Ron Paul and we saw it yesterday in the debate!!

Romulus
02-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Paul kicked some serious ass last night... I was glad that he was assertive and made his voice heard. You've gotta have some fight to get the message out. Last night he had it.

Canderson
02-23-2012, 09:25 AM
The key is that Paul probably handed Michigan to Romney, which will give us a better chance going into Washington and on Super Tuesday by breaking Santorum's momentum.

flightlesskiwi
02-23-2012, 09:55 AM
i also enjoyed watching slick Rick clench his jaws, shake his head, smile/frown and reveal his agitation while Ron was speaking the truth.

it's that smile/frown smirk, though that reveals a lot. he looks as if he's thinking "i'm the smartest one in the room, everyone else here is an idiot."

Santo's body language and sometimes the shift in his tone just has this way of coming off as ridiculously childish, self-centered and egotistical to me...

Ron really looked like he was enjoying himself last night. and that definitely made me enjoy watching him even more!

CaptUSA
02-23-2012, 10:07 AM
The timing of the debate last night was really in Paul's favor. Everytime they discussed his weak points with republican voters, they didn't give the others a chance to respond. Newt or Santorum would have called Paul crazy or naive on his foreign policy and would have gotten a huge response from the crowd. This would have turned the tenor of our impressions of his performance.

As it stood, the others didn't respond directly to Paul's positions. The first time, they change the subject after Paul got the last word and the second time they went to commercial. This was huge!

angelatc
02-23-2012, 10:17 AM

Absolutely. DH and I were almost in tears. Saturday Night Live could take it up a couple of notches....culminating with Ron doing that thing where a person uses a combination of the tongue and a hand to insinuate a blow job, then having Santorum go ballistic over being called a **** and tackling him.

jay_dub
02-23-2012, 10:18 AM
The timing of the debate last night was really in Paul's favor. Everytime they discussed his weak points with republican voters, they didn't give the others a chance to respond. Newt or Santorum would have called Paul crazy or naive on his foreign policy and would have gotten a huge response from the crowd. This would have turned the tenor of our impressions of his performance.

As it stood, the others didn't respond directly to Paul's positions. The first time, they change the subject after Paul got the last word and the second time they went to commercial. This was huge!

That's one thing that played into Ron's favor. By getting asked last, he got his answer in and then the debate moved onto another topic. Ron got the last word in almost all night long and that will stick in a lot of people's minds.