PDA

View Full Version : Let's thank John King

Liberty74
02-23-2012, 06:49 AM
I think it's important to complement people where it's due.

We all should send John King an email thanking him for giving all candidates equal time.

The fairest debate yet and Ron Paul shined.

Ron Paul 2012.

unknown
02-23-2012, 06:59 AM
I will probably send a thank you note, post on FB/Twitter but he and his wife dont have the best track record with regards to our guy. Just saying.

Probably still butt hurt from S. Carolina which probably worked in our favor,

Trigonx
02-23-2012, 07:03 AM
From what I saw john did try to skip Ron on a few questions but Ron asserted himself into the middle to answer the questions. I'd say thank you to Ron Paul for being more vocal.

Todd
02-23-2012, 07:11 AM
From what I saw john did try to skip Ron on a few questions but Ron asserted himself into the middle to answer the questions. I'd say thank you to Ron Paul for being more vocal.

Dieses ^

King tried to get him out of the conversation several times on big issues. Paul made himself known and demanded he be heard, not the other way around

Drex
02-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Let's not thank someone for doing their job ;)

goldpants
02-23-2012, 07:25 AM

I agree and if anyone is deserving of a thank you it would be the audience which became vocal when King tried to skip Ron and of course Ron did a fine job of asserting himself as well.

ILUVRP
02-23-2012, 08:01 AM
i think john king is a shill/woose , the last question about " what is the biggest thing votes don't understand about you ".

ron paul said something like " people don't think i can win ".

the rest newt-mitt--rick did not even answer the question , i guess they think they are perfect .

when mitt was asked again to answer the question mitt said " you ask the question the way you want to , i will answer the way i want to " (AH ).

king said " fair enough ".---------another AH

dancjm
02-23-2012, 08:03 AM
John King "Lets try to get another question"
Ron Paul: "Hey, wait John"
John King: "Congressman quickly please"
Ron Paul: "No I get a minute, no "quickly""

Lets not thank John for trying to shaft Ron. Lets thank Ron for standing up for himself, and the American people, by demanding he be able to answer all the questions put to the other candidates, and demanding that he get equal time in doing so.

If John King was being fair, as OP suggests, no candidate would have to demand equal time.

cheapseats
02-23-2012, 08:27 AM
John King is a more knowledgeable and ethical journalist than many, but he did NOT do Ron Paul any favors.

Y'all will wanna get studio and internet audiences involved BEFORE the start of the next debate, demanding that the first question NOT be funneled to a PREDICTABLE back-and-forth between Romney & Santorum. Let EACH candidate answer a question, THEN proceed to rebuttals.

The very first question, VITAL to our nation's course...HOW will you reduce the deficit...was pointedly put to ALL candidates. But it was NOT put to all candidates. The INSTANT John King put that question to Rick Santorum, you could see/hear that it would go to Romney for a rebuttal, which would establish MORE grounds for rebuttal. By the time two people push & pull, the question broadens/shrinks/shifts before reaching the non-sparring Candidates.

WRITING TO THE MEDIA obviously does not pack much of a punch, or media would be behaving differently by now. But if people ARE going to write to media, they'd do better to chide John King for either GOING ALONG WITH or BEING STEAMROLLED BY polished political limelight hogs.

On balance, does John King really compensate for wife Dana Bash, or for overall SLANTING of coverage to portray Ron Paul as hopelessly outside the electable loop?

libertygrl
02-23-2012, 08:29 AM

Exactly. Why should we thank people for doing their job in the first place? Still don't trust any of them.

Gurv720
02-23-2012, 08:39 AM
We should be thanking John for reaffirming that Ron was second in delegates on national tv. Hopefully they don't fire him for that.

Liberty74
02-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow, I must say some of you are tough. Ron did assert himself a little but John King did allow him to speak and did ask ALL candidates to respond to pretty much every question asked. So thanking him for doing a fair job regardless if that is his job deserves a little credit. Geez...

Romulus
02-23-2012, 09:21 AM

This +rep

cheapseats
02-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Wow, I must say some of you are tough. Ron did assert himself a little but John King did allow him to speak and did ask ALL candidates to respond to pretty much every question asked. So thanking him for doing a fair job regardless if that is his job deserves a little credit. Geez...

As one of The Embittered Turned Incensed, also as a person many years "in recovery", I understand and appreciate an Attitude of Gratitude. If it gets bad enough, I may sincerely thank a prison guard for a sip of water.

But Ron Paul is not the ol' Undisputed Frontrunner, that he/his camp should be or can AFFORD to be politely grateful for small favors. I have read enough of your posts to know you speak Long Pants. But consider how ACCUSTOMED we are grown to PERVERSITY, that the Public for whom Media exists should THANK them when/if they act professionally.

On the contrary, not "just" Ron Paul Supporters but ALL Americans should be LOUDLY AGITATING against the gatekeeping and spinning and king-making and PIMPING that passes for News & Information.

Separately from this debate/John King, the Resistance is notorious for celebrating minor victories, rather than parlaying/leveraging them in the spirit of PRESSING ADVANTAGES.

Tiger35
02-23-2012, 10:35 AM
John King perhaps does not want the same heat that his wife gets for her treatment of Dr. Paul. Her name......Dana Bash. I don't trust either of them for journalistic merit.

cheapseats
02-23-2012, 10:39 AM
John King perhaps does not want the same heat that his wife gets for her treatment of Dr. Paul. Her name......Dana Bash. I don't trust either of them for journalistic merit.

It is entirely too CONTRIVED that the husband would warrant THANKS while the wife warrants NON-THANKS.

Variation on the Good Cop, Bad Cop method.

TheGrinch
02-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Name one question that was designed to be favorable towards Ron... Pretty much all the topics were ones that Dr. Paul could have easily turned off some less-informed voters with, but he hit out of the park!

sparebulb
02-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanking John King = stockholm syndrome

As previously mentioned, I will thank Ron Paul.

cheapseats
02-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Name one question that was designed to be favorable towards Ron... Pretty much all the topics were ones that Dr. Paul could have easily turned off some less-informed voters with, but he hit out of the park!

If I am regularly denied food and water, the Guard who tilts his canteen for me seems like a NICE GUY. In reality, he does not want me to EXPIRE on the job. Despite Ron Paul's non-ambitious intents, despite (genuinely) principled people's efforts to remain principled, Ron Paul IS now part of the BIG BUSINESS of Campaign-O-Rama.

Whatever are their SHAMELESSLY OBVOUS POLITICAL PREFERENCES, no one in Big Media is keen on losing one-of-four Big Advertising Spenders. Fuck candidates, MEDIA is in it for the long haul.

RPES1
02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Why am I gonna say thank you to a guy thats doing what hes suppose to be doing.....not like cnn hired him to get him on stages to talk to 3 of 4 candidates..

DonovanJames
02-23-2012, 11:54 AM
We should be thanking John for reaffirming that Ron was second in delegates on national tv. Hopefully they don't fire him for that.

Dang beat me too it! Scanned through thinking I could get it first +Rep;)