PDA

View Full Version : Jack Welch to the GOP: "You better offer Ron Paul an important role in the party."

muh_roads
02-22-2012, 11:14 PM
While sounding very defeatist using the analogy of a laid off employee, I thought this was an interesting article.

http://blogs.reuters.com/jack-and-suzy-welch/2012/01/26/ron-paul-and-the-pink-slip-that-could-decide-the-election/

It basically says that our numbers are great enough to be a real headache for the GOP if they upset us the wrong way.

NewRightLibertarian
02-22-2012, 11:19 PM
even if Paul is made VP, I still wouldn't vote Republican. I wouldn't hold it against him for taking the spot, but I still couldn't bring myself to vote for any of these other bums. NO ONE BUT PAUL!

sailingaway
02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
This was posted weeks ago when he said it. Amusingly, in the same interview his wife acknowledged that all four of their sons are Ron Paul supporters!

muh_roads
02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't think Paul would take a VP slot. He knows how little influence it has.

But imagine Paul as head of the Treasury or even the Federal Reserve. Now that would be amazing. If Romney promised Paul to the FED...I would have to entertain the idea of voting for Romney. The FED is the source of all funding for things we hate. It is essentially more powerful than being President IMO. If Romney is stupid enough to offer it, we should take advantage of this stupidity.

Of course we know what would really happen. Paul would be promised it. Then if Romney wins, the men behind the curtain tell him "no way". And then we were lied to and get nothing out of it.

HigherVision
02-22-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't think Ron should forfeit his spot in the race just yet. He had a pretty good performance tonight and it isn't over 'til it's over.

No1butPaul
02-22-2012, 11:26 PM
One of the comments to this story was just amazing to me -- really, I'm in awe:

"The Candy Man is coming.

There is clearly an opportunity to change policy in this country by taking a substantial position under another candidate. While very attractive, I think it is the wrong thing to do.

Ron – you have started something, and as many put it, once you catch this message, it doesn’t go away. Your movement is only growing larger, faster, and stronger. I’ve been watching since the 2004 campaign, and I tell you, it is not over. As you’ve stated yourself, the message is not about you, the issues are much greater than any one man’s life, or even the life of 300 million Americans that live today. This message is about human life and dignity that runs not only world wide, but endless generations. It will take a long time to get it to stick, but it will stick.

If you take the candy now, there is a very good chance this momentum will be swallowed up. I feel you have a better chance going Independent and building an army of bloggers and writers, doctors, lawyers, farmers, teachers, taxi drivers, businesses, and so on, that connect with each other, support each other (with money), and continue to lead by example.

The ideas will stick. Your message will stick. The seeds have sprouted, just keep watering.

Here’s another reason to avoid the candy.

The people who really care about any single message that you’ve pushed, whether about the Fed, civil liberties, or stopping the imperialism, WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH ALL OF THESE ISSUES AND VOTE AND SPEAK ABOUT THESE ISSUES. If you take the candy, people may fade away and think the work is being done. You know better.

While you may have some great short-term impact inside, you will have a far more powerful impact, albeit long-term, from the outside.

Please continue your march from the outside, I will follow."

EDIT: Applause, standing O! We are living history and Dr. Paul's image is going to live on for generations (and we were (are) there to see the seeds sprout!!!)

paulpwns
02-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Not only would I vote for Romney/Paul, I would campaign for it.

Nash
02-22-2012, 11:34 PM
even if Paul is made VP, I still wouldn't vote Republican. I wouldn't hold it against him for taking the spot, but I still couldn't bring myself to vote for any of these other bums. NO ONE BUT PAUL!

It's at worst another vote in the senate. VP Would be huge.

kill the banks
02-22-2012, 11:35 PM
yeah president

NewRightLibertarian
02-22-2012, 11:57 PM
It's at worst another vote in the senate. VP Would be huge.

I just think he'd be stuck carrying water for a bad administration. He'd be best staying an outsider while the country goes down the shitter IMO

Karsten
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM

Where were you in 2001-2008?

Karsten
02-23-2012, 12:03 AM
If anything it's a strong platform to keep expressing his views, steering the debate. It will be harder for the media to ignore what the VICE PRESIDENT is saying.

emazur
02-23-2012, 12:25 AM

But imagine Paul as head of the Treasury or even the Federal Reserve

Treasury secs can be fired. Bush fired Paul O'Neill for disagreeing w/ him too much. Paul would be a constant thorn in Romney's side. Paul wouldn't take the Fed job - he knows that Mises turned down the offer to head Austria's central bank shortly before hyperinflation. The Fed is a ticking time bomb and Ron Paul knows it to be true according to his investments

speciallyblend
02-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Ron Paul will be the NOMINEE or the gop will elect obama!

jointhefightforfreedom
02-23-2012, 12:48 AM
While sounding very defeatist using the analogy of a laid off employee, I thought this was an interesting article.

http://blogs.reuters.com/jack-and-suzy-welch/2012/01/26/ron-paul-and-the-pink-slip-that-could-decide-the-election/

It basically says that our numbers are great enough to be a real headache for the GOP if they upset us the wrong way.

I would like to hear from the welch children, are you on this forum?

Your parents are implying if you pat Dr paul on the back you would then support romney.

I don't buy it
What say you?