PDA

View Full Version : Capitol Hill support

Bradley in DC
06-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Ok, this is not an important thread, but I thought it might be encouraging. I had dinner with a liberal Democrat labor lawyer friend who thinks Dr. Paul is crazy (fair enough, he and I generally don't agree on politics). We're talking at his car when two young guys come up and ask about my dogs (http://www.mccullagh.org/theme/italian-greyhound.html).

Turns out they're Hill interns (there are lots of them here for the summer), I ask which office and say I used to work for Ron Paul. One of them gets very excited as he's very enthusiastic about Paul's candidacy, wants to help with the campaign back home in a few weeks after his intership, wants to meet him before he leaves, raves about how he's the only candidate who excites him, ......
So, my labor lawyer friend got to hear it all. Fun evening for me and thought I'd share.

Spirit of '76
06-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Ha! Sounds like your friend got an earful.

Good stuff.

Shmuel Spade
06-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Having you friend observe that will do more than all of your potential conversations and arguments.

angelatc
06-18-2007, 10:47 PM
That's Great, and your pups are beautiful! I put my bumper sticker on, but I haven't spotted any Ron Paul signs "in the wild" yet.

dspectre
06-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Bradley in DC,

Thanks for the story. Enjoyed it.

Tim724
06-19-2007, 12:25 PM
On the topic of encouraging anecdotes -

A guy at my company who I have never talked to noticed the Ron Paul sticker on my car in the parking lot. He approached me to say that he also loves Ron Paul and will be voting for him.