PDA

View Full Version : Paul to spend Arizona, Michigan primary night in Virginia

bluesc
02-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Mods don't need to move this to Hot Topics. Our Arizona and Michigan residents won't mind.

Seems a bit weird though considering the polls in Virginia. He may get A LOT of help to stop Romney though.

(CNN) – Ron Paul will spend the evening Tuesday – the day Arizona and Michigan voters head to polls – in northern Virginia, a senior campaign official tells CNN.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/22/paul-to-spend-arizona-michigan-primary-night-in-virginia/

gerryb
02-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Mods don't need to move this to Hot Topics. Our Arizona and Michigan residents won't mind.

Seems a bit weird though considering the polls in Virginia. He may get A LOT of help to stop Romney though.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/22/paul-to-spend-arizona-michigan-primary-night-in-virginia/

Virginia is like a caucus state. We need the help to get our folks registered for the conventions.

The straw poll will bind the delegates to whoever wins in that district, and overall in the state... which we have a shot in some districts... but more important is the delegates, and most important is replacing the party.

Aratus
02-22-2012, 08:17 PM
is there also a vote looming that also might tether him to d.c at about that time?

Lightweis
02-22-2012, 08:23 PM
VIRGINIANS FOR PAUL!!!!!

RonPaul101.com
02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Virginia is like a caucus state. We need the help to get our folks registered for the conventions.

The straw poll will bind the delegates to whoever wins in that district, and overall in the state... which we have a shot in some districts... but more important is the delegates, and most important is replacing the party.

Plus given the media focus on VA, we need to win by as much as possible or do as well as possible in Virginia

gerryb
02-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Plus given the media focus on VA, we need to win by as much as possible or do as well as possible in Virginia

For the straw poll.. The polls don't look great... but could break our way.. last I saw 53% for Romney - low 20's for RP... leaves a bunch of undecided

dante
02-22-2012, 09:29 PM
You underestimate how many Republicans loathe Romney. I'm cautiously optimistic about Virginia.

Lightweis
02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Any News where ron paul will be Tuesday night? BTW Ron Paul will win Virginia!

RPit
02-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Any News where ron paul will be Tuesday night? BTW Ron Paul will win Virginia!

I doubt he'll win it.

RPit
02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
The thing with Virginia is its kind of a 'winner take all' now, since there are only 2 candidates, and whoever gets more than 50% takes all (otherwise its proportional). So if we win it, which I think is highly unlikely, we could bag 50 delegates, that's like winning Florida!!!.. So although I have no hopes of it, but if we somehow do, it will be MAJOR.

sailingaway
02-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Ron decided in SC I believe, that it is better to move on on voting day, to the next contest. He changes that where he is showing up for caucuses as in Maine and will be there for Washington, as well.

sailingaway
02-22-2012, 11:03 PM
For the straw poll.. The polls don't look great... but could break our way.. last I saw 53% for Romney - low 20's for RP... leaves a bunch of undecided

It is an open primary. who did they poll?

BUSHLIED
02-22-2012, 11:04 PM
there is no point in being in MI or AZ on primary night...VA is important for Paul, so being there is strategic for many reasons. Plus I get to go see him !

Johncjackson
02-22-2012, 11:05 PM
The thing with Virginia is its kind of a 'winner take all' now, since there are only 2 candidates, and whoever gets more than 50% takes all (otherwise its proportional). So if we win it, which I think is highly unlikely, we could bag 50 delegates, that's like winning Florida!!!.. So although I have no hopes of it, but if we somehow do, it will be MAJOR.

Delegates can be won by winning the districts also, but the downside is that a candidate who doesn't win any districts or over 50% in the state gets shut out. So even if he gets a good % of votes, in a 2way race only 50%+ is going to win anything.

seawolf
02-22-2012, 11:16 PM
I love the way Ron has picked up the pace and is Campaigning Hard to WIN. The RP Grassroots loves a fighter and our Champion is fighting hard for Votes.

I think it is great that he will be in Northern Virginia next Tuesday. With his outstanding debate performance tonight, this last week has perhaps been the best thus far for the Campaign.

Aratus
02-22-2012, 11:18 PM
if he's to be in virginia then we have a good chance at virginia

RPit
02-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Delegates can be won by winning the districts also, but the downside is that a candidate who doesn't win any districts or over 50% in the state gets shut out. So even if he gets a good % of votes, in a 2way race only 50%+ is going to win anything.

Thats what I said. Its a winner take all because its a 2-way race. Someone is going to go above 50% for sure. By the looks of it its seems to be Romney by polls, but I hope the polls are wrong. Beating Romney 1v1 and stacking 50 delegates would be a major headliner in my opinion. But the chances are very low. Lets all hope for a miracle and work hard there :)

nedomedo
02-22-2012, 11:28 PM
It would look bad if Romney won by a huge landslide, even though there may be very few delegates and slim chances of winning, RP must have a respectable showing.

BUSHLIED
02-22-2012, 11:40 PM
well, I already have one vote for Ron in VA, an absentee ballot was already submitted by someone I converted! And this person wasn't going to vote at all.

Havax
02-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Shit yeah, anyone have any idea where exactly? I'll go to anything he's got going on.

freneticentropy
02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
It seems like in theory, we should win Virginia, though I doubt it'd happen. But you'd think every Santorum and Gingrich supporter would vote for Paul to deny Romney the delegates. If people vote somewhat rationally, that's what would happen. I hope the message in VA is 'STOP ROMNEY'. That meme needs to spread like wildfire.

Lightweis
02-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Paul booked a venue that will hold thousands.. Still trying to find the exact location and information

tsai3904
02-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Thats what I said. Its a winner take all because its a 2-way race. Someone is going to go above 50% for sure. By the looks of it its seems to be Romney by polls, but I hope the polls are wrong. Beating Romney 1v1 and stacking 50 delegates would be a major headliner in my opinion. But the chances are very low. Lets all hope for a miracle and work hard there :)

It's winner take all in each of the 11 Congressional Districts for 3 delegates each and winner take all statewide for 13 at large delegates. Winning the statewide vote does not automatically mean you win all the delegates.

parocks
02-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Ron Paul should be at the places where he wants the people to be when he wants them there. If he could go to the polling place on the Michigan State campus where he spoke, or U Mich or anywhere else, Hi, I'm Ron Paul, and I'm just shaking hands, tons of students will leave the dorms and go to shake Ron Paul's hand. And they might vote too while they're there. This tactic might be more effective in a caucus state.

RPit
02-22-2012, 11:57 PM
It's winner take all in each of the 11 Congressional Districts for 3 delegates each and winner take all statewide for 13 at large delegates. Winning the statewide vote does not automatically mean you win all the delegates.

Yes it does if you get the majority 50%+ which is inevitable in a 2-way race. So whoever wins will get all the delegates because they will get the majority. If you get majority statewide it is a winner take all completely not by districts.

tsai3904
02-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Yes it does if you get the majority 50%+ which is inevitable in a 2-way race. So whoever wins will get all the delegates because they will get the majority. If you get majority statewide it is a winner take all completely not by districts.

Winner of statewide vote gets ONLY the AT LARGE delegates. There are ONLY 13 at large delegates.

tsai3904
02-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Ron Paul should be at the places where he wants the people to be when he wants them there. If he could go to the polling place on the Michigan State campus where he spoke, or U Mich or anywhere else, Hi, I'm Ron Paul, and I'm just shaking hands, tons of students will leave the dorms and go to shake Ron Paul's hand. And they might vote too while they're there. This tactic might be more effective in a caucus state.

It will be extremely effective in states that allow same day registration. Most college students are not registered to vote.

RPit
02-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Winner of statewide vote gets ONLY the AT LARGE delegates. There are ONLY 13 at large delegates. I got u.x

RPit
02-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Is there an active effort to become the delegates through the process in Virginia seems like in the case of a brokered convention we could have them if we organize to win them like any caucus, and given the lack of attention we might pull it off.

tsai3904
02-23-2012, 12:28 AM
I got u.x

?

Statewide winner gets 13 at large delegates. Winner of each Congressional District gets 3 delegates for each CD won.