PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts

Massachusetts
02-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi I'm a 20 year old from Massachusetts and couldn't think of a clever name so my name is the state I live in ;)

I became a Ron Paul supporter in 2011, and I plan on voting for him on Super Tuesday! A little more about me..I got cancer last January (2011) and got treated for it so I'm on the mend and have a long life ahead of me! I'm not in college at the moment, but have been applying to schools for the fall. I hope to eventually get into politics, and my dream is to be on the national stage. Paul has been a huge inspiration to me, and I hold a lot of the libertarian/constitutional views that he has preached for the past thirty years despite growing up in a liberal/democratic house. I'm still a bit new to the whole thing, but the way I see it the amount of information that you can absorb is unlimited and you'll never know everything. That's what makes life, politics and economics so fascinating to me.

Aratus
02-22-2012, 05:41 PM
a hearty welcome to my fellow baystater!!! you do know you just named thyself
after one of our local indian tribes who lived very near our great harbor!! i myself
borrowed my moniker from potus jamie monroe! given that i take it he is resting
nicely and quietly in hollywood cemetary down in richmond, i have done right by it.

Massachusetts
02-22-2012, 05:48 PM
a hearty welcome to my fellow baystater!!! you do know you just named thyself
after one of our local indian tribes who lived very near our great harbor!! i myself
borrowed my moniker from potus jamie monroe! given that i take it he is resting
nicely and quietly in hollywood cemetary down in richmond, i have done right by it.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Nice to see other Bay Staters on here.

Phil
02-23-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm from MA as well. I live near Tauton/Seekonk near the southeast border with RI.

Massachusetts
02-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the welcome Phil!. I'm familiar with Taunton. My sister has played softball there I believe.

Nirvikalpa
02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Oh mighty, I did not realize you were young! I am glad you fought your cancer and are now fighting another good fight, for liberty. I am sure you have so much that this movement can use.

CaptainAmerica
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDVkO7FMvdk

You said you were on the mend, I thought of this song. Foo Fighters-on the mend