PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul ... more Jesse Ventura than Howard Dean

adpierce
11-13-2007, 03:15 AM
I'm thinking about this analogy between Howard Dean and Ron Paul more and more seriously and I think that this is where the distinction is going to break down. Howard Dean had the support of mainstream Democrats. People who always vote in elections and always will vote in elections.

On the other hand Jesse Ventura was not expected to win Minnesota. The polls were not on his side. However he said what was on his mind and people thought he was a man of integrity. Jesse Ventura got the average man to the ballot box, and that's why he won. He did a fantastic job of running Minnesota as many Minnesotans have attested. The political game mentality got him completely fed up and that's why he's no longer governor of Minnesota.

I think Ron Paul is more like Jesse Ventura. I think come primary time you're going to have a ton of average people come and vote in the primaries that would never have otherwise voted in primaries. Primaries are generally a low turnout event compared to the general election. If especially here in my home state of Iowa and in New Hampshire we get our base out to support Ron Paul in the primaries I think we have a good chance to surprise some folks.

LibertyOfOne
11-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Not only is he like Jesse in that regard, but the two also share a lot in common on the issues.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-13-2007, 04:10 AM
As well as physical characteristics.

No just kidding. But I agree with your assessment.

Midnight77
11-13-2007, 04:12 AM
Let's hope Paul is more like Jesse Ventura. Jesse Ventura got elected.

walt
11-13-2007, 06:51 AM
I'm thinking about this analogy between Howard Dean and Ron Paul more and more seriously and I think that this is where the distinction is going to break down. Howard Dean had the support of mainstream Democrats. People who always vote in elections and always will vote in elections.

On the other hand Jesse Ventura was not expected to win Minnesota. The polls were not on his side. However he said what was on his mind and people thought he was a man of integrity. Jesse Ventura got the average man to the ballot box, and that's why he won. He did a fantastic job of running Minnesota as many Minnesotans have attested. The political game mentality got him completely fed up and that's why he's no longer governor of Minnesota.

I think Ron Paul is more like Jesse Ventura. I think come primary time you're going to have a ton of average people come and vote in the primaries that would never have otherwise voted in primaries. Primaries are generally a low turnout event compared to the general election. If especially here in my home state of Iowa and in New Hampshire we get our base out to support Ron Paul in the primaries I think we have a good chance to surprise some folks.

Very nice anology, I couldn't agree more.

Eric21ND
11-13-2007, 06:54 AM
maybe Ron should use that analogy when the press compares his campaign to Howard Dean, he should say its more like Ventura's because he won.

lucius
11-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Good idea!

tsopranos
11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Another important similarity is their views on our foreign policy and loss of civil liberties.

Jesse Ventura on Donny Deutsch, click here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2005121674828394003&q=ventura+donny&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

Grandson of Liberty
11-13-2007, 08:36 AM
I'd say he's more like Thomas Jefferson. :D

JMann
11-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Any comparison to Howard Dean is as insane as Howard Dean himself.

Shink
11-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Any comparison to Howard Dean is as insane as Howard Dean himself.

YeeeeeHAW!

FrankRep
11-13-2007, 08:46 AM
I think Ron Paul is more like Ron Paul.

Completely unique in this age of society

adpierce
11-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Another important similarity is their views on our foreign policy and loss of civil liberties.

Jesse Ventura on Donny Deutsch, click here (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2005121674828394003&q=ventura+donny&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

Fantastic video, must see for anybody wanting to see this analogy between Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura to develop further.