PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Santorum says no such thing as a liberal Christian

Dianne
02-22-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/rick-santorum-obama-christianity_n_1291645.html

In stark contrast to comments made earlier this week, Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum addressed the issue of now-President Barack Obama's Christian faith in a 2008 interview with the Oxford Centre for Religion and Public Life, Buzzfeed reported Tuesday.

When asked if he believed Obama is a "sincere liberal Christian," the former Pennsylvania senator said he didn't believe that sort of ideology exists, and that Obama's church, United Church of Christ in Chicago, had "abandoned Christendom" and used a non-literal interpretation of the Bible.

"I don't think there is such a thing," he said of Obama as a liberal Christian. "To take what is plainly written and say that 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,' means you're not what you say you are. You're a liberal something, but you're not a Christian."

Santorum made headlines last week after telling an Ohio crowd that Obama subscribes to "some phony theology, not a theology based on the Bible."

He defended his comments on Sunday during an interview with CBS News' "Face the Nation."

"I've repeatedly said I don't question the president's faith," he said. "I've repeatedly said that I believe the president's Christian."

He further clarified, "I am talking about his worldview or the way he approaches problems in this country and I think they're different than how most people do in America."

However, Santorum has continued to criticize Obama on matters of faith. On Monday, he told a Michigan audience that Obama was "particularly weak" in protecting religious liberty.

"When you have the president of the United States referring to the freedom of religion and you have the Secretary of State referring to the freedom of religion, not as the freedom of religion but the freedom of worship, you should get very nervous, very nervous," he said.

A. Havnes
02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
So, the only issue Santorum really cares about is religion, and his particular brand of it, and he even flip-flops on that? People are going to have to wake up to this guy.

PursuePeace
02-22-2012, 11:04 AM
"I don't think there is such a thing," he said of Obama as a liberal Christian. "To take what is plainly written and say that 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,' means you're not what you say you are. You're a liberal something, but you're not a Christian."

Kind of like how it is plainly written "love your neighbor as yourself" yet not paying attention to that and instead promoting war and referring to the blowing up of scientists as a "wonderful thing"??

SpiritOf1776_J4
02-23-2012, 01:07 AM
'used a non-literal interpretation of the Bible'.

Just words to Santorum. The Catholic church doesn't place it's authority in the Bible, but oral tradition, the magisterium and the pope, which are above the Bible, whichever Bible version with added books they are using. And they used to burn bibles in the vernacular languages, as well as some of the translators - like William Tyndale.

It's one of the differences between the Roman Catholic church and non-Catholics. The Bible alone. vs we do what the pope or hierarchy says even if its against it, etc.

Sola_Fide
02-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Do you guys notice the words Rick is using?

"Christendom". Christendom has been a code-word for Roman Catholic statism for centuries.

It's this whole warped idea that Christianity is meant to be a political kingdom of force...in contrast with the Reformation view that understood liberty as the greatest protector of religious freedom and progress.

SpiritOf1776_J4
02-23-2012, 01:49 AM

"Christendom". Christendom has been a code-word for Roman Catholic statism for centuries.

It's this whole warped idea that Christianity is meant to be a political kingdom of force...in contrast with the Reformation view that understood liberty as the greatest protector of religious freedom and progress.

Santorum is Opus Dei through and through. And yes, that organization is just like that, because they've been responsible for the overthrow of at least three governments.

American catholics should look into how Roman Catholicism is being directed around the world, especially after the pedophile scandal here. Other countries don't have it as nice, and it would be real bad if we lost our freedom and country here.

It's a lot different than its being reported. When I looked into it a couple of years ago, there was a whole host of incidents like priests behind genoicides in countries in several different continents, a money laundering operation and a separate art forgery operation being run INSIDE the vatican, and a lot more. And they were all reported in mainstream newspapers overseas, it just wasn't being reported here. And that was just the tip of the iceberg. It's a lot more then just raping tens of thousands of boys.

alucard13mmfmj
02-23-2012, 02:11 AM
So... Santorum would call out Ron, if Ron was president, as being Satan for not forcing people to do socially conservative things?

Forcing everyone to be nice, good, white christians o_-;; or treat other religions/lack of as second rate and doesnt matter.

bunklocoempire
02-23-2012, 04:30 PM

Heretic!

Reported to...

http://s6.postimage.org/pnhl79hm9/images_CALMDGEO.jpg
http://s6.postimage.org/79723a5bl/images_CAIP057_C.jpg