02-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Newest version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUII4uPZg_4

Thoughts, critiques? Changes?

Older version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5xZUayG3Y

LibertyProsperity_56
02-22-2012, 03:24 AM
Great video! It is very informative. I wish there were more of those. Santorum was my second choice until I found out this morning (from another ad) that he had provided Planned Parenthood with a lot of money. It was a shocking discovery.

The video is great, but one suggestion: can you add sound effects (i.e. a voice reading the text) to make it easier to watch the video? That could make it easier to pay attention to the content of the video.

Blue
02-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Great video! It is very informative. I wish there were more of those. Santorum was my second choice until I found out this morning (from another ad) that he had provided Planned Parenthood with a lot of money. It was a shocking discovery.

The video is great, but one suggestion: can you add sound effects (i.e. a voice reading the text) to make it easier to watch the video? That could make it easier to pay attention to the content of the video.

I feel sorry for you.

KEEF
02-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Drudged and Tweeted this.
Is Rick Santorum Pro-Choice, or Pro-Life? Abortion Ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5xZUayG3Y&feature=player_embedded

Hopefully we can get this viral like the whole Satan comment he made the other day before the debate tonight.

Oh yeah BUMP this video to the home page.

Maestro232
02-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Naw. Try again.

sailingaway
02-22-2012, 02:03 PM
WTF is a 'progressive conservative'???? (Santorum's description of himself during his congressional run.)

a voice reading it might be a good thing, but I really liked it!

--
edit, it is on the front page, now.

roversaurus
02-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Actually I kind of like the ominous bell and no one reading it ... wouldn't work on the radio :-)
But it's different. And I'd like to see it up on Drudge.

Fredom101
02-22-2012, 02:52 PM
I HATE the abortion issue. It's SO minute compared to the wars, war on drugs, fed, etc. I wish we could just steer clear of it entirely, as it's a big reason why women won't come on board the RP train too.

sailingaway
02-22-2012, 03:01 PM
I HATE the abortion issue. It's SO minute compared to the wars, war on drugs, fed, etc. I wish we could just steer clear of it entirely, as it's a big reason why women won't come on board the RP train too.

this video is about hypocricy.

tttppp
02-22-2012, 03:07 PM

I agree, but this video shows how Santorum is a hypocrite. This video confirms my belief that Santorum only takes these radical religious views in order to get elected. He's not a deeply religious guy, or lives by a moral code. He wants to get elected. Period.

EBounding
02-22-2012, 03:07 PM

But it's one of the main reasons Santorum is where he is right now. He's exploiting social conservatives and they're unquestioningly giving him their vote. His hypocrisy and phoniness needs to be exposed.

Fredom101
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
But it's one of the main reasons Santorum is where he is right now. He's exploiting social conservatives and they're unquestioningly giving him their vote. His hypocrisy and phoniness needs to be exposed.

Social conservatives won't go to Paul because he's diametrically opposed to what they stand for. Abortion as an issue SUCKS.

jmdrake
02-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Social conservatives won't go to Paul because he's diametrically opposed to what they stand for. Abortion as an issue SUCKS.

You're missing the point. This isn't a "Hey go out and vote for Ron Paul" ad. It's a "think twice before voting for Santorum" ad. And even if you are pro choice the ad works because it shows Santorum doesn't really stand for anything. I could see Obama using this against Santorum if he got the nomination. And Ron Paul isn't "diametrically opposed" to what social conservatives stand for. The sane ones want to see Roe v. Wade overturned and abortion returned to the state. Yes there is an insane group that thinks they can win on abortion keeping it at the federal level. Regardless, if social conservatives decide to take another look at Paul even though he's not saying "Nuke all Muslims" that's a plus. If they decide to stay at home and not vote that's a plus in states where Ron Paul is beating Romney. The only way this is a negative is in states where Romney and Santorum are both way ahead of Paul or if social conservative votes flip to Romney.

jmdrake
02-22-2012, 03:28 PM

A negative attack ad that doesn't even mention Ron Paul which shows Santorum's hypocrisy isn't going to cause less women to vote for Ron Paul. Also most women are actually pro life.

See: http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americans-pro-life-than-pro-choice-first-time.aspx

Also the overwhelming majority of republican women are pro-life. There is no legitimacy to the argument that abortion hurts Ron Paul among women in a Republican primary.

Butchie
02-22-2012, 03:59 PM

Why do people keep saying this? What makes you think women are so pro-abortion? Especially conservative women.

sailingaway
02-22-2012, 04:02 PM

Ron Paul IS a social conservative. He just doesn't believe the federal government should be dictating those issues. Santorum is RUNNING on abortion and anti-gay marriage, that is HIS REASON people should vote for him.... it isn't Ron's. Yet RON is the one sincere and consistent in his beliefs on the life issue, while Santorum flips to get evangelical votes by pretending to be something he is not.

RecoveringNeoCon
02-22-2012, 04:30 PM

If you can't protect life, you can't protect liberty - RP

Voluntary Man
02-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Santorum it's pro-Rick and anti-you. I don't think he would even understand the question.....divorced from the political process, that is.

unknown
02-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Santorum is pro-life in rhetoric yet Iowans for Life called him a "pro-life fraud", he voted to fund family planning/Title X abortion clinics and aggressively campaigned for pro-choice candidates Arlen Specter and Christie Todd Whitman.

Jeffster
02-22-2012, 05:40 PM

Not true. I'm a social conservative who supports Paul. I'm still wary of the drug issue, but I think Paul is by far the best candidate on most of the issues I care about, including abortion. As the OP mentioned, Santorum voted for spending bills that funded Planned Parenthood and Paul did not.

Fredom101
02-22-2012, 05:40 PM
If you can't protect life, you can't protect liberty - RP

I don't care to debate the issue because nobody ever agrees, and there are plenty of RP supporters who are also pro-choice. It's a mixed up issue as the religious right is "pro life" but on the other hand "anti-life" when it comes to war. I don't know about your RP groups but out here in CA it's at least 85-15 men, and many of the women I know who are democrats are scared of Paul because they think he would make abortions illegal, which isn't even true, but it's a divisive issue that SOME women cling to, sadly.

BKom
02-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Just finished it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5xZUayG3Y

Thoughts, critiques? Changes?

There is an inherent problem with this ad, and not just this one, but all ads that mention abortion. Ron's position may be correct, but it is not popular with anyone. Pro life people think it's a cop out and not really a pro life position. Pro choice people think that just about every state would simply make abortion illegal and they don't see anything positive about that.

Ron loses on that position every time it comes up. So, why would you want to bring it up? And every time someone brings it up or puts it in an ad, Santorum will get to show how "reasonable" he is while still being strongly prolife. He'll point out that supporting Specter was necessary and he got Alito and Roberts on the supreme court because of Specter. And he'll be able to look reasonable because he voted for non-abortion funding to planned parenthood, which most people consider a positive for all the other things they do besides abortion.

And if a debate moderator calls Ron on his ad, he will fumble and meander and sound feeble while he tries to defend it. He's done this before for other ads he was called on. So, this is a net negative. If the campaign wants to run a negative ad, they can take their chances. But this is going to backfire on Ron. Count on it.

sailingaway
02-22-2012, 06:14 PM
There is an inherent problem with this ad, and not just this one, but all ads that mention abortion. Ron's position may be correct, but it is not popular with anyone. Pro life people think it's a cop out and not really a pro life position. Pro choice people think that just about every state would simply make abortion illegal and they don't see anything positive about that.

Ron loses on that position every time it comes up. So, why would you want to bring it up? And every time someone brings it up or puts it in an ad, Santorum will get to show how "reasonable" he is while still being strongly prolife. He'll point out that supporting Specter was necessary and he got Alito and Roberts on the supreme court because of Specter. And he'll be able to look reasonable because he voted for non-abortion funding to planned parenthood, which most people consider a positive for all the other things they do besides abortion.

And if a debate moderator calls Ron on his ad, he will fumble and meander and sound feeble while he tries to defend it. He's done this before for other ads he was called on. So, this is a net negative. If the campaign wants to run a negative ad, they can take their chances. But this is going to backfire on Ron. Count on it.

None of that is relevant, imho. This is not an ad about abortion, this is an ad about Santorum pitching himself as one kind of person to bond with a very sincere group and duping them because he is lying through his teeth about who he is.

Ron is up front with his position, and absolutely sincere.

BKom
02-22-2012, 06:24 PM
None of that is relevant, imho. This is not an ad about abortion, this is an ad about Santorum pitching himself as one kind of person to bond with a very sincere group and duping them because he is lying through his teeth about who he is.

Ron is up front with his position, and absolutely sincere.

I guess my point is that it doesn't matter what context the abortion issue comes up in. Ron loses. We may think it's about hypocrisy, but that won't be the takeaway point to anyone else. And after seeing Ron hash up the abortion issue on Piers Morgan for about the hundredth time since I've known him (1988), I simply cant bear to see it happen again.

sailingaway
02-22-2012, 06:26 PM
I guess my point is that it doesn't matter what context the abortion issue comes up in. Ron loses. We may think it's about hypocrisy, but that won't be the takeaway point to anyone else. And after seeing Ron hash up the abortion issue on Piers Morgan for about the hundredth time since I've known him (1988), I simply cant bear to see it happen again.

I disagree. This doesn't even mention Ron. It is just information about Santorum.

jmdrake
02-22-2012, 06:32 PM

Your analysis is flat out wrong. The ad doesn't mention Ron Paul so it can't possibly hurt him. And most pro-life people agree with Ron Paul's position. The "Let's ban abortion at the federal level" represents a lunatic fringe of the abortion movement that went nutso after Reagan/Bush failed to get them the pro life majority needed to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Santorum is supporting people who don't want him to be reasonable. Further his flip flopping on this (and other) issues shows a lack of honesty. That's the issue.

jmdrake
02-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I disagree. This doesn't even mention Ron. It is just information about Santorum.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sailingaway again.

I don't get why some here can't get that.

jmdrake
02-22-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't care to debate the issue because nobody ever agrees, and there are plenty of RP supporters who are also pro-choice. It's a mixed up issue as the religious right is "pro life" but on the other hand "anti-life" when it comes to war. I don't know about your RP groups but out here in CA it's at least 85-15 men, and many of the women I know who are democrats are scared of Paul because they think he would make abortions illegal, which isn't even true, but it's a divisive issue that SOME women cling to, sadly.

Most of those democratic women would find some other reason not to vote for Paul. And women who believe they have a "right" to an abortion don't want to follow the constitution which would leave the issue to the states. So they would never vote for anyone with Ron Paul's honesty and integrity. Best to forget about them.

coffeewithchess
02-22-2012, 06:46 PM

Oh, this isn't an RP ad...I would have included his "RP2012.com" logo at the end. I did it as others have stated, to point out Santorum is like Romney...

I do think a PAC should run this though, don't care if they are RP related or not.

Again, I like RP because he has a solid, consistent record and he's delivering a message and is the only one with a CONSISTENT record to look at and judge him by.
Santorum does not have a solid record, and the people voting/supporting him are too lazy to look up his big government spending record on their own.

Jeffster
02-22-2012, 06:56 PM
The "Let's ban abortion at the federal level" represents a lunatic fringe of the abortion movement that went nutso after Reagan/Bush failed to get them the pro life majority needed to overturn Roe v. Wade.

I don't agree with this. Most pro lifers I've ever spoken with are in favor of banning abortion at the federal level, but accept state laws as a compromise position.

PolicyReader
02-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Wonder if there's any way to get one of Newts or Willards PACs to run this? Anonymous message to them?
I know it's pretty much a shot in the dark but seems worth the few minutes it would take to throw out a line and see if anyone bites.

coffeewithchess
02-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Wonder if there's any way to get one of Newts or Willards PACs to run this? Anonymous message to them?
I know it's pretty much a shot in the dark but seems worth the few minutes it would take to throw out a line and see if anyone bites.

I'm guessing it will happen, with some similar type ad. Newt needs to take down Santorum as much as Romney does...if not more.

jmdrake
02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
I don't agree with this. Most pro lifers I've ever spoken with are in favor of banning abortion at the federal level, but accept state laws as a compromise position.

Most pro-lifers you talk to are not most pro lifers. The "lunatic fringe" are more vocal. The pro-life movement began not as an attempt to ban abortion in states that allowed it, but as an attempt to roll back Roe v. Wade which forced abortion on states that didn't want it. And I bet even the lunatic fringe would go along with the state by state view if they ever came to realize how much they were hurting their own cause. A Ron Paul victory would mean (or could mean) abortion ending or at least being severely restricted in their lifetime. A Santorum "Let's go for a constitutional amendment approach" will never actually work. There are not enough states with pro-life voting majorities to get such an amendment ratified.

coffeewithchess
02-26-2012, 09:58 PM
bump for those looking for information/videos to share on Santorum

coffeewithchess
03-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Well, Newt's sorry piece of trash PAC can be blamed for not running with this. They had it, along with a few million and haven't touched Santorum on this issue.

WD-NY
03-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Why should Newts PAC be the ones to attack santo over this? Why does Ron himself lay into him for being so base in character that he would knowingly pander/lie to good Christian Americans and use their emotions towards the abortion issue as leverage in the battle to win their support.

As for this video, ending with a quote from the new testament that warns against "deceivers" and/or "hipocrytes" would be the cherry on top imo

coffeewithchess
03-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Why should Newts PAC be the ones to attack santo over this? Why does Ron himself lay into him for being so base in character that he would knowingly pander/lie to good Christian Americans and use their emotions towards the abortion issue as leverage in the battle to win their support.

As for this video, ending with a quote from the new testament that warns against "deceivers" and/or "hipocrytes" would be the cherry on top imo

Why? Because Ron's campaign is DONE, and unfortunately his PACs have had to try and do what the campaign should be doing...instead of running attack ads.
RP's campaign should have focused on RP's message/record and the contrast he has to the others...in POSITIVE ways.

THAT would have left RP's PACs to run attack ads all day long, and there is PLENTY they could do.

$30 MILLION to the official campaign as of the end of January...$30 MILLION!

Thanks for the advice on the scripture...I'll look up some good ones now.

PaulSoHard
03-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Campaign needs to make an ad on Santorum that shows him revealing his big-government characteristics at the Arizona GOP debate.

Romney campaign took advantage of Santorum saying that he "took one for the team" and it most likely helped him succeed in Michigan and Ohio.

coffeewithchess
03-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Campaign needs to make an ad on Santorum that shows him revealing his big-government characteristics at the Arizona GOP debate.

Romney campaign took advantage of Santorum saying that he "took one for the team" and it most likely helped him succeed in Michigan and Ohio.

I've been throwing together Santorum videos left/right, AND sending them to PACs and the campaign...just to share on SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES FOR FREE.
NOTHING.
When you have FREE videos on the internet you could start spreading around, and DON'T...there's a HUGE issue right there.

You want to know the ONE campaign that actually took one of my ads, and made an updated version of it? Perry's.
That's right, Perry's campaign threw together a quick "updated" version of one of my first anti-Santorum videos I did...BEFORE the Iowa vote, but it was literally like one/two days before it happened.

coffeewithchess
03-14-2012, 12:42 AM

Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvj47GyIyLE

Anybody here know how to start a PAC? I've looked into it, but didn't get very far. Is it really as simple as filling out the form with the FEC?

coffeewithchess
03-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvj47GyIyLE

coffeewithchess
03-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Thoughts on the newer version?

WD-NY
03-15-2012, 12:34 PM
love it.

nit picks: the end quote kind of gets cuts off a little too quickly
suggestions: is it possible to 'rough' it up a little bit (sort of like the 'manchurian candidate' video). Then we can tweet it out to all the anti-paul neocons and hope they pick it up. The difference of course would be that the manchurian video = false-flag against Ron where as this would be a truth-bomb against Santorum.

:cool:

ZENemy
03-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Face it, he is "pro whatever the people want to hear"

coffeewithchess
03-15-2012, 12:59 PM
love it.

nit picks: the end quote kind of gets cuts off a little too quickly
suggestions: is it possible to 'rough' it up a little bit (sort of like the 'manchurian candidate' video). Then we can tweet it out to all the anti-paul neocons and hope they pick it up. The difference of course would be that the manchurian video = false-flag against Ron where as this would be a truth-bomb against Santorum.

:cool:

I can do black/white OR static images...fuzzy lines across them. My video program only allows for one "filter" per line, so it's limited in that sense...but I can make it a little rougher.

WD-NY
03-15-2012, 01:58 PM
I can do black/white OR static images...fuzzy lines across them. My video program only allows for one "filter" per line, so it's limited in that sense...but I can make it a little rougher.

I'm still in awe of the below huntsman video... and your video on Santorum gives off a similar vibe except that the allegations are substantial and true (rather than personal and false/unimportant). Is there any clips of Santorum talking that you can add which would 'harsh' it up a bit? You're definitely getting close to hitting the right tone... basically, I think it would be good to question Santorum's faith since a.) he questioned Obama's so he'd be hard pressed to cry foul now and b.) I think he uses religion and faith to exploit people who are susceptible to hot button wedge issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsJvLVoOq4

coffeewithchess
03-15-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm still in awe of the below huntsman video... and your video on Santorum gives off a similar vibe except that the allegations are substantial and true (rather than personal and false/unimportant). Is there any clips of Santorum talking that you can add which would 'harsh' it up a bit? You're definitely getting close to hitting the right tone... basically, I think it would be good to question Santorum's faith since a.) he questioned Obama's so he'd be hard pressed to cry foul now and b.) I think he uses religion and faith to exploit people who are susceptible to hot button wedge issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsJvLVoOq4

Something about minds thinking alike...already added and just uploaded a new one with Santorum talking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHpe7fcx7Es

For some reason, the "filter" doesn't appear as much as it did in my software, so I'm going to re-edit it, and perhaps do it like the example you provided.

coffeewithchess
03-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Here's the updated, updated, updated....updated version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUII4uPZg_4

There is NO reason anybody should vote for this guy as a "conservative"...he has no consistent record to run on. NONE.

coffeewithchess
03-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Thoughts, comments? Internet ad worthy? Changes to be made?

TruckinMike
03-16-2012, 07:30 PM
WTF is a 'progressive conservative'???? (Santorum's description of himself during his congressional run.)

dou·ble·speak   /ˈdʌbəlˌspik/ Show Spelled[duhb-uhl-speek] Show IPA noun: evasive, ambiguous language that is intended to deceive or confuse.

Voluntary Man
03-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Is Santorum Pro-Choice, or Pro-Life?

"BOTH, Susie! Santorum is a dessert topping AND a floor wax! ...now available in Xtra Frothy."

coffeewithchess
03-16-2012, 11:02 PM
dou·ble·speak   /ˈdʌbəlˌspik/ Show Spelled[duhb-uhl-speek] Show IPA noun: evasive, ambiguous language that is intended to deceive or confuse.

Just shows he was a professional politician from the beginning really...aiming for a target audience.

coffeewithchess
03-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Is Santorum Pro-Choice, or Pro-Life?

"BOTH!"

Like any smart politician, multiple choice is better than one choice!

coffeewithchess
03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Added the original video back on the first page, as well as the updated one below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yUII4uPZg_4