PDA

View Full Version : November 18th: Drawing Contest

SonicInfinity
11-13-2007, 02:38 AM
Basically, it's a competition to see who can draw the best "Ron Paul portrait/scenario". I will be the judge, and I will even enter in my own picture (don't worry, I suck at drawing, so I won't win).

All pictures should be posted on the 18th (this Sunday). Any pictures before or after then will not count. The picture "posting" period will go on from 12:00 AM EST (9:00 PM EST) to 11:59 PM HST (1:59 PST, 4:59 EST; this is so that Hawaii isn't left out and slackers can put it in at the last second). You must state what programs you used. If it was just drawn on a piece of paper, list the tools you used.

Also, be creative. Something like having Ron Paul throwing Amendments at the IRS, for example, would earn more creativity points than just having him standing in the middle of nowhere. Also, stay within the nature of Ron Paul; IOW, make sure Ron Paul isn't doing anything he stands against (I'm sure he'd love throwing Amendments at the IRS if he could get the chance). Doing a scenario will earn more points than doing a standard portrait, but if the portrait is incredibly well-done, it probably will not matter.

I'm not exactly sure what the prize is going to be yet, so I'm up for suggestions. I'm putting up this contest so that people can put their creativity to the "test" before the 15th of December sign bomb and the continued promotion of the 16th of December money bomb.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-13-2007, 03:52 AM
excellent idea. i'm working on a few ideas already!

SonicInfinity
11-13-2007, 01:07 PM
bump

HalogenFlood
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Here are a few suggestions to make this competition a bit more plausible:

1. State clearly where the drawings should be posted (in this thread, or a new stickied thread?)
2. Make the community the judge (via a poll) as opposed to you being the sole authori . . . ahem, judge
3. Work out with a ronpaulforums.com admin a deal where the winning drawing will be displayed prominently on the front page

I think #2 is pretty important. I might be compelled to participate if you get the details in order by tomorrow.

jake
11-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I suggest the prize would be a donation to the a chip-in of the winners choice

SonicInfinity
11-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Here are a few suggestions to make this competition a bit more plausible:

1. State clearly where the drawings should be posted (in this thread, or a new stickied thread?)
2. Make the community the judge (via a poll) as opposed to you being the sole authori . . . ahem, judge
3. Work out with a ronpaulforums.com admin a deal where the winning drawing will be displayed prominently on the front page

I think #2 is pretty important. I might be compelled to participate if you get the details in order by tomorrow.

1. Posted in this thread. I thought that was clear. O.o
2. Well, the poll only gives 10 options, so if more than 10 people participate, I will have to make more than one poll.
3. I don't think an admin will even touch this topic until this idea begins to take off. I was, too, thinking about the winner being displayed prominently on the front page, but I'm not sure if he'd agree to that.

HalogenFlood
11-13-2007, 02:04 PM
1. Posted in this thread. I thought that was clear. O.o.

Dude bro, not that clear :rolleyes:. You made it pretty clear when to post by, but not where. I'd assume you meant this thread but it wasn't stated explicitly. I could see people creating new threads for each submission, or posting in the "Creative Works" area. Anyway, if this gets any traction, I think it would be best to create an "Official Drawing Contest Submissions" thread that gets stickied.

Regarding #2, perhaps you could narrow down the submissions to the top 10 and then let the community decide from there via a poll.

Lastly, I don't think it matters so much what the prize is. Bragging rights is enough and seeing one's work used throughout the community to promote Ron Paul would be prize enough for me.

SonicInfinity
11-13-2007, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I suppose I can do the "narrowing to the top 10" thing.

SonicInfinity
11-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Wow, at this rate, it appears that there will only be about 5 entrants. >_>

SonicInfinity
11-20-2007, 04:04 AM
Wow, this was a COMPLETE failure. <_<

SonicInfinity
11-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Yep.

garrettwombat
11-20-2007, 04:24 PM
what does this have to do with grassroots or an effort to get ron paul elected in any way.