PDA

View Full Version : What Ron Paul should and shouldn't say about Israel in tomorrow's debate

Publicani
02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Adelson may give 100 mln to Gingrich
http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenbertoni/2012/02/21/billionaire-sheldon-adelson-says-he-might-give-100m-to-newt-gingrich-or-other-republican/

How can RP convince Adelson that RP is the best bet for Israel?

Why is this issue important in the last debate before SuperTuesday? Because it's presumed to be the weakest issue of RP and the strongest of his opponents.

I am Jewish, but I am not speaking for other Jews. I think electing Ron Paul is the best thing that could happen to Israel. I agree 100% with his foreign policies. But I strongly disagree with his reasoning for those policies.

I may be wrong. I and my son will be discussing these questions tomorrow on ronpaulradio.com 9-10am ET.

bluesc
02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
But I strongly disagree with his reasoning for those policies.

Please, do expand on that.

I don't see why Ron should be pandering to Adelson. He doesn't need that $100M and he certainly wouldn't be doing any favors (for Israel) for it as Adelson expects.

Publicani
02-21-2012, 01:05 PM
That's what the entire show tomorrow will be about.

TheGrinch
02-21-2012, 01:06 PM
How can RP convince Adelson that RP is the best bet for Israel?

Pretend like Rand that he's a neocon?

Neither Adelson or the rest of the elite have Israel's best interest in mind, when their PM has stated that Israel can handle it's own affairs, and they still insist on intervening and kicking the hornet's nest, using aid to justify their counterproductive intervention.

If you're trying to convince the financial elite that Ron Paul isn't a threat to their corrupt gravy train, well, that ain't gonna happen...

ravedown
02-21-2012, 01:11 PM
adelson is buying influence, he knows newt has always been for sale...and RP is not and never was. i imagine adelson is interested in regulating internet gambling and more US $$$ for Israel. Ron ain't down wit dat.

TheGrinch
02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
adelson is buying influence, he knows newt has always been for sale...and RP is and never was. i imagine adelson is interested in regulating internet gambling and more US $$$ for Israel. Ron ain't down wit dat.
That sums it up well, and I forgot about the fact that he has significant interest in Vegas being the only real place for Americans to satisfy their gambling urges (or else set it up so only they take control of US online gambling)

And yes, he's not throwing out millions for ideals, he's throwing out millions expecting a "return", and they all know you can't buy Dr. Paul.

UtahApocalypse
02-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Why don't Americans start caring about AMERICA instead of Israel?

Butchie
02-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Why don't Americans start caring about AMERICA instead of Israel?

You said it! I even grew up Lutheran and I honestly do not remember ever being taught this whole "we have to live and die for Israel" thing, not sure when this started.

Rafi
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Hey publicani -

I got your book. Thanks!

If you ever want me on your show, I'm up for it!

rp2012win
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM
95% of voters who say they will not support ron paul because of his foreign policy have no idea what is foreign policy is. They just heard people on fox news say they love his economic policies but his foreign policies disqualify him.

Publicani
02-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Rafi - can you call at the beginning of the show tomorrow and talk with us for 5 - 10 minutes?

Rafi
02-22-2012, 01:46 AM
What time? I'm GMT+2, 7 hours ahead of EST. Write back quick.

RickyJ
02-22-2012, 02:00 AM
I think electing Ron Paul is the best thing that could happen to Israel.

The best thing that could happen to Israel is for all of its citizens to convert to Christianity and stop killing, torturing, and starving Palestinians!

Paul Or Nothing II
02-22-2012, 02:08 AM
95% of voters who say they will not support ron paul because of his foreign policy have no idea what is foreign policy is. They just heard people on fox news say they love his economic policies but his foreign policies disqualify him.

This is true that's why we shouldn't waste a lot of time on FP & instead we should focus on telling GOP voters that Paul is the ONLY Republican who can bring in enough Independents & Dems to beat Obama, we need an "electability ads, that's the only reason most people even consider Romney because if there's one issue GOP agrees on then that's - "get rid of Obama' & we can play to that by presenting the simple facts that Ron is leading among Independents, Dems & non-whites!

Now, I'm not a religious person so may be people who are can make use of what this woman is talking about regarding Bible & Israel, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fft9hn3ER9Q

RickyJ
02-22-2012, 02:20 AM
This is true that's why we shouldn't waste a lot of time on FP & instead we should focus on telling GOP voters that Paul is the ONLY Republican who can bring in enough Independents & Dems to beat Obama, we need an "electability ads, that's the only reason most people even consider Romney because if there's one issue GOP agrees on then that's - "get rid of Obama' & we can play to that by presenting the simple facts that Ron is leading among Independents, Dems & non-whites!

Now, I'm not a religious person so may be people who are can make use of what this woman is talking about regarding Bible & Israel, etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fft9hn3ER9Q

For Christians that support Israel, I must ask them why! Do they not know it is ILLEGAL to even try to convert a Jew to Christianity in Israel? Do they know that it is NOT against the law to have sexual slaves in Israel! Do they know that young pretty white Russian and Eastern European girls are kidnapped and smuggled into Israel to be sex slaves and forced to work virtually non-stop as prostitutes? Do they not know the genocide they are committing right now against the Palestinians? Do they not know they are no more God's people than the Muslims are?

Publicani
02-22-2012, 06:54 AM
What time? I'm GMT+2, 7 hours ahead of EST. Write back quick.
The show is 9-10am EST.
ronpaulradio.com
1-855-2012-WIN (946)
Long Distance: 315-413-4RON(766)

Rafi
02-22-2012, 08:01 AM
calling in now, long distance number, hearing NPR

rpwi
02-22-2012, 08:10 AM
This might be low...but bringing up Santorum's comment:

"We always need a Jesus candidate"

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=252595

And then for Ron clearly stating that doesn't represent his position, might work well.

Publicani
02-22-2012, 09:44 AM
The show is available for download and for playing:
http://ronpaulradio.com/
Tell us what you think.

digitaldean
02-22-2012, 10:26 AM
The least he talks foreign policy the better.

Publicani
02-22-2012, 10:28 AM
no, his non-aggression principle for war is a great message.

jay_dub
02-22-2012, 10:44 AM
I think Syria will be a more front and center issue in the debate than Israel and the conditions there vindicate RP's overall approach to the ME.

jbauer
02-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Wrong, you don't solve problems by sticking your head in the sand. You solve them by talking open an honnest about them and backing up your though process with logic and reason. Foreign policy should be the first thing he talks about

The least he talks foreign policy the better.

Publicani
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM
The show is available for download and for playing:
http://ronpaulradio.com/
Tell us what you think.
Clarification:
http://ronpaulradio.com/station/archives/213
2/22/12