PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul booking 4000 seat auditorium at Michigan State Next Monday.

smithtg
02-21-2012, 10:19 AM
From recent email sent by campaign:

"But we will really drive the point home at Michigan State like never before. The Auditorium at Michigan State University seats 4,000 people. This will be the largest campaign rally to date."

I can get early tickets. PM me for info.

I personally cant go because I have three kids to watch that night....

sailingaway
02-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Or you could bring your three kids, and coloring books....:p

In any event, spread the word to those who CAN go -- getting newcomers there is important, as well.

I hope he gives a campaigning speech as much as a 'rally the base' speech. They do NOT have to be all that different.

FSP-Rebel
02-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Yep, just got my tix.

Tyler_Durden
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I hope the place gets jam packed! How much are tix and does some of the proceeds go to the campaign?

BUSHLIED
02-21-2012, 11:41 AM
College rallies don't gain votes...mostly Ron Paul supporters will go...wtf

LL12ETF
02-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Need ticket info!

walt
02-21-2012, 11:45 AM

+1,000,000

sailingaway
02-21-2012, 11:49 AM

In Michigan I think he is looking for proportional delegates, not a win, so he is putting enough ads on the air so those thinking of supporting him know he's still in the mix, and is rallying supporters he needs to have turn out, regardless of whether he looks likely to 'win' there.

Son of Detroit
02-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Already reserved my seat!

LL12ETF
02-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Can someone please PM me with information on how to reserve a seat/get tickets. Thanks!

tmg19103
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
These rallies are one of the few ways RP gets good press in these states. Local news stations report on the huge turn-outs and that may get people who watch the local news to consider RP.

seawolf
02-21-2012, 12:45 PM
These rallies are important, since last week Ron has been out in the States and Campaigning hard.

The RP Grassroots have responded with the financial support, donations are averaging $175,000 per day in the last 6 days.

Today the RP Daily Donation Tracker is showing $76,000 and rising. These rallies whether at a University, a City Areana, a City Train Station or an Airport Hangar are critical and great momentum and dollars!!!

smithtg
02-21-2012, 12:48 PM
large rallies make the news,even if for a few seconds. people in those regions notice as well. I just hope he does a few local radio interviews like mittens and frothy have

Paul Or Nothing II
02-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Holy hell? 4000? Does he even that much support in Michigan?

Already reserved my seat!

Can someone please PM me with information on how to reserve a seat/get tickets. Thanks!

++++++++++++1

Are both of you guys going to be delegates or not? :)

goldpants
02-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Seems like a tough venue to do a townhall style q & a from...

Exactly

maxoutco
02-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Can someone get me a link to the event. I'll send it to my family in Michigan.

RDM
02-21-2012, 01:07 PM

If we have grassroots up there doing GOTV and building contact lists to send reminders to vote and our solid supporters are in that state working with their "circle of influence" encouraging those to vote and offering rides and physically getting people to the polls, they will vote.

happyphilter
02-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Should I bring supporters or drag along people who are on the fence?

smithtg
02-21-2012, 01:11 PM
he is also doing an event in dearborn later that night. Going to be a tight schedule to get from lansing to dearborn, but I suppose he just hops in an SUV or hops a plane from lansing to detroit in and is there in under an hour

francisco
02-21-2012, 01:33 PM

How about both?:)

ronpaulhawaii
02-21-2012, 02:07 PM

The latter (or both) :)

eleganz
02-21-2012, 02:46 PM
IF YOU ARE SMART YOU WILL SIT THERE WITH OTHER RON PAUL FORUM MEMBERS & A LAPTOP COLLECTING MOBILE PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAILS SO YOU CAN MASS TEXT/EMAIL ALL 4,000 PEOPLE TO GET OUT THE VOTE AND TELL THEIR FRIENDS.

DON'T LET ANOTHER CHANCE SLIP BY YOUR HANDS.

happyphilter
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM
IF YOU ARE SMART YOU WILL SIT THERE WITH OTHER RON PAUL FORUM MEMBERS & A LAPTOP COLLECTING MOBILE PHONE NUMBERS AND EMAILS SO YOU CAN MASS TEXT/EMAIL ALL 4,000 PEOPLE TO GET OUT THE VOTE AND TELL THEIR FRIENDS.

I really hope the campaign is set up to do this.

Uriah
02-21-2012, 03:18 PM

The campaign has worked hard collecting names and contact info at every event that I have been to. You couldn't even enter the room for the event at the University of Iowa without showing your online ticket printout or signing up at the door. I don't think the campaign has stopped doing this. :D

WD-NY
02-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Ron needs to take advantage of this opportunity and turn it into a "big press event" by delivering a
SERIOUS, FORMAL & GAME CHANGING SPEECH

eleganz
02-21-2012, 03:26 PM
The campaign has worked hard collecting names and contact info at every event that I have been to. You couldn't even enter the room for the event at the University of Iowa without showing your online ticket printout or signing up at the door. I don't think the campaign has stopped doing this. :D

The campaign does GOTV calls but half of them can be text messages going to mobile numbers for those who are already supporters.

I speak from experience.

UtahApocalypse
02-21-2012, 03:56 PM
I am in Michigan let me address the "college rally" issue as seen by me here......

In the last two weeks we have had nightly (local) news reports about visits here by Romney, his wife, and Santorum (blocks from my house) Two days ago there were MULTIPLE articles about how NO other campaigns were focusing on Michigan. Last night as the campaign made these rallies official it was BREAKING NEWS locally online, on TV, and on the radio. The local media are going to be flocking to follow these events. This week the local paper made a HUGE deal about Santorum's 'massive' 500 person rally, Now imagine how big a 4000+ Rally will be? and even the smaller ones will be bigger then ANY other campaigns rallies in the state. This WILL make people think. Yes I rather also have Q&A events with undecideds (which the Hudsonville, and Dearborn events may be) but these events do have a place.

HOLLYWOOD
02-21-2012, 04:06 PM
College rallies don't gain votes...mostly Ron Paul supporters will go...wtfTrue, it's more of a photo op moment. Going to town-halls, churches, community centers, and social functions is where the votes are these days.

But, it would be nice to see Ron Pack 5,000 in for a nice headline to be ignored or marginalized by the establishment machine.

Natural Citizen
02-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Would be nice if someone could put together some sort of vid like the one in Vancouver for this one.

sailingaway
02-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Holy hell? 4000? Does he even that much support in Michigan?

Oh, ye of little faith....

sailingaway
02-21-2012, 04:39 PM
True, it's more of a photo op moment. Going to town-halls, churches, community centers, and social functions is where the votes are these days.

But, it would be nice to see Ron Pack 5,000 in for a nice headline to be ignored or marginalized by the establishment machine.

It is vital because he hasn't been doing voter ID in these states because he is after delegates there. He needs to get the email addresses (to send the pictures to....) which he then can use for a blast GOTV.

speciallyblend
02-21-2012, 04:44 PM
I am in Michigan let me address the "college rally" issue as seen by me here......

In the last two weeks we have had nightly (local) news reports about visits here by Romney, his wife, and Santorum (blocks from my house) Two days ago there were MULTIPLE articles about how NO other campaigns were focusing on Michigan. Last night as the campaign made these rallies official it was BREAKING NEWS locally online, on TV, and on the radio. The local media are going to be flocking to follow these events. This week the local paper made a HUGE deal about Santorum's 'massive' 500 person rally, Now imagine how big a 4000+ Rally will be? and even the smaller ones will be bigger then ANY other campaigns rallies in the state. This WILL make people think. Yes I rather also have Q&A events with undecideds (which the Hudsonville, and Dearborn events may be) but these events do have a place.

blimpin

alucard13mmfmj
02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
I am really glad that the campaign is thinking bigger now. Getting places with more space.

HOLLYWOOD
02-21-2012, 06:05 PM
It is vital because he hasn't been doing voter ID in these states because he is after delegates there. He needs to get the email addresses (to send the pictures to....) which he then can use for a blast GOTV.Ypou want 1000s of voter IDs/Emails, addys, home phones... run actions to win something or a free BBQ... everyone will show and give their info at a chance to win or free food. You want to join the BBQ or win the raffle? Fill out this form... done

sailingaway
02-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Ypou want 1000s of voter IDs/Emails, addys, home phones... run actions to win something or a free BBQ... everyone will show and give their info at a chance to win or free food. You want to join the BBQ or win the raffle? Fill out this form... done

Ron showing up in person is essentially the same thing. You don't want people who go to BBQ's you want people who support Ron. Those who go to BBQs don't necessarily caucus but those who go to see Ron at least have motive to do so.

HRLYDVDCRDNS
02-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey is anyone attending the 4pm event on Monday that is driving from Ohio, specifically Wood or Lucas County?