PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul : Corporations are not people

Paul Or Nothing II
02-21-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't know, there's a lot of hate out there nowadays about corporations, & "corporate personhood" IS an important issue as it shields those running the corporations from losses for which they're responsible. Without corporate-personhood (as it's not part of the Free Market) the individuals responsible for the corporations would be made PERSONALLY liable for all the losses, that is, if a company's assets fall short of its obligations then the PERSONAL ASSETS of those running it would be seized to pay of the debts! Which puts a firmer break on company's risk-taking & of course, there would no bailouts so I just wanted to put this out there, something we can use to take advantage of all the lingering anger out there amongst people about corporations & it could help us convert more people to Ron Paul :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHOAH1i7RuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-xFexgH76g

MooCowzRock
02-21-2012, 10:49 AM
This is the point I always bring up to liberals that argue with me about corporate monopolies (damn autocorrect edit)that get created in a free market. When I tell them that corporations are not part of a free market and explain how and why, it's the last thing they expected to hear from someone that is supporter of free markets...they are so used to hearing false conservatives defend corporations, it's very interesting...

Paul Or Nothing II
02-21-2012, 12:02 PM
This is the point I always bring up to liberals that argue with me about corporate monologues that get created in a free market. When I tell them that corporations are not part of a free market and explain how and why, it's the last thing they expected to hear from someone that is supporter of free markets...they are so used to hearing false conservatives defend corporations, it's very interesting...

Yes, that's what I do too :) It can be a very useful tool to nudge, especially Democrats & Independents, towards Paul because nobody from either party talks about this issue with respect to free markets (since all of them are owned by corporations :rolleyes:) & that's where we can gain significant mileage with these voters; I wish more of us would use this strategy to introduce people to Ron Paul & libertarianism :)

camp_steveo
02-21-2012, 12:25 PM
pretty noticeable differences in Paul and all the others.

RKoho
02-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Ya, us free marketeers not supporting corporations is a huge slap in the face to our opponents. They just never expect it

angelatc
02-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Well, when we're running on the Democratic ticket we can spend a lot more time tailoring our message to them. As it stands, I see lots of corporate executives getting hauled out in handcuffs when they're indicted by a grand jury.

I support the corporate personhood legal status, and hate the fact that liberal talking points, ungrounded in fact, dominate these discussions.

Natural Citizen
02-21-2012, 02:59 PM
This is what I believe to be one of the most important issues that go unchallenged. And it's such an easy fix.

If ever there was a natural God given alternative to the energy infrastructure that plagues us, I'm certain it would be deemed a trade secret and militarized because some corporation had the constitution to "say so".

eleganz
02-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Lets clear it up right now.

There is a reason why they are called CORPORATE FICTIONS.

:)

MooCowzRock
02-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Well, when we're running on the Democratic ticket we can spend a lot more time tailoring our message to them. As it stands, I see lots of corporate executives getting hauled out in handcuffs when they're indicted by a grand jury.

I support the corporate personhood legal status, and hate the fact that liberal talking points, ungrounded in fact, dominate these discussions.Anti-corporatism is not a liberal view. It is a free market, capitalism, property right and responsibility view. Corporations are a government created entity and they don't have any rational justification for existing if you value those ideals.

PolicyReader
02-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Anti-corporatism is not a liberal view. It is a free market, capitalism, property right and responsibility view. Corporations are a government created entity and they don't have any rational justification for existing if you value those ideals.
^This

Creating an government sponsored protected class which is then used to contravene the free market is much more a big government / regulatory stance than it is a free market one. "Corporate Personhood" is also involved in the current laws regarding campaign finance which get pushed into the shady at times.

Vanilluxe
02-21-2012, 11:03 PM
If corporations are not people, then they would not be able to have as much control over elections and financing as before.

Anti Federalist
02-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Ron is right, as is usually the case.

Highstreet
02-21-2012, 11:35 PM
I don't know, there's a lot of hate out there nowadays about corporations, & "corporate personhood" IS an important issue as it shields those running the corporations from losses for which they're responsible. Without corporate-personhood (as it's not part of the Free Market) the individuals responsible for the corporations would be made PERSONALLY liable for all the losses, that is, if a company's assets fall short of its obligations then the PERSONAL ASSETS of those running it would be seized to pay of the debts! Which puts a firmer break on company's risk-taking & of course, there would no bailouts so I just wanted to put this out there, something we can use to take advantage of all the lingering anger out there amongst people about corporations & it could help us convert more people to Ron Paul :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHOAH1i7RuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-xFexgH76g

Thanks

presence
02-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks

Ditto.

presence