PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Ad - Rick Santorum a Conservative?

digitaldean
02-21-2012, 06:39 AM
What do you guys think of the new anti-Santorum ad that was put out yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgNJBdTaKE8

Drex
02-21-2012, 06:43 AM
LOL I laughed my ass off when it showed a bigfoot with a FAKE sign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cgNJBdTaKE8

123tim
02-21-2012, 06:44 AM
I don't like the style of the ads, but everyone else seems to and that's all that matters. If they get people to listen then they're great.

On another note, I'm really glad to see it pointed out that Rick Sanatorium isn't conservative. Seems obvious, but then again, I''m from Pennsylvania. I've been exposed to him before.

fuzzybekool
02-21-2012, 06:47 AM
funny as hell !

LisaNY
02-21-2012, 06:50 AM
I like the ad, I just hate that we have to spend money on this dunce.

denny
02-21-2012, 06:50 AM
lol hilarious but i have to say, these ads can only be understood by young people. I mean the whole cartoonish theme can be a bit difficult for the elderly to comprehend.

Sematary
02-21-2012, 06:55 AM
If Rick Santorum became the nominee, I would be forced to vote for Obama and then I'd feel DIIIIIIRTY

digitaldean
02-21-2012, 06:56 AM
lol hilarious but i have to say, these ads can only be understood by young people. I mean the whole cartoonish theme can be a bit difficult for the elderly to comprehend.

Yea I thought the same thing when I watched it. If they want to attack Santorum I think they should stick with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aohgrn1peA

kathy88
02-21-2012, 06:58 AM
I liked it. I'm not young. And I'm from PA, so I've been subject to Santorum's stupidity personally.

Immortal Technique
02-21-2012, 07:01 AM
lmao awesome

neverseen
02-21-2012, 07:02 AM
and so begins the fall of santo

neverseen
02-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Yea I thought the same thing when I watched it. If they want to attack Santorum I think they should stick with:

Come on now... all of your are smarter than this. The commercials they make are not disposable. They keep them on drives of digital media so they can use them over and over again. THIS is 1 single new ad that was targeted and will be marketed to a certain audience. For the other audiences they will play the betrayal ad or the hope ad, etc. THIS is just one more big gun to fire at the others with.

KingNothing
02-21-2012, 07:10 AM
This ad is amazing. Wow.

Liberty74
02-21-2012, 07:11 AM
FAKE!!!

Shane Harris
02-21-2012, 07:18 AM
meh. I prefer seeing more about why Ron is awesome.

speciallyblend
02-21-2012, 07:26 AM
40's and i am old. I got it:) fbed ,loved it!! Now where is my cane and hearing aid.

The Goat
02-21-2012, 07:27 AM
This

Dianne
02-21-2012, 07:34 AM
I don't like the style of the ads, but everyone else seems to and that's all that matters. If they get people to listen then they're great.

On another note, I'm really glad to see it pointed out that Rick Sanatorium isn't conservative. Seems obvious, but then again, I''m from Pennsylvania. I've been exposed to him before.

I personally don't care for the ad. I think the subject matter is too serious to be set in a comedy background.

A. Havnes
02-21-2012, 07:38 AM

I don't know. If my grandma were still with us, I could see her busting up over a commercial like this. Looks great to me! However, I do think "Betrayal" was a better ad.

Where is this playing?

I personally don't care for the ad. I think the subject matter is too serious to be set in a comedy background.

I'd agree, except Ron Paul being too serious and "doomsdayish" is a reason why some people won't vote for him. People like humor.

No Free Beer
02-21-2012, 07:48 AM
All of you have to understand that they do research before just putting an ad out there. It must have had very positive results. A lot of people on here said they didn't like the dog one, but that got very positive reviews as well.

Let the campaign do what they are doing.

vechorik
02-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm 60 and I approve this message.

rpwi
02-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Like the ad...doesn't touch on as many important issues as it could have and doesn't draw distinction between Paul and Romney/Gingrich....but...it will generate buzz (free advertising) and will very likely come up in tomorrow's Mesa debate. (notice the timing of this ad)?

LibertyEagle
02-21-2012, 08:11 AM

The

ads

are

not

for

us

goldpants
02-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Me likey style

joshnorris14
02-21-2012, 08:19 AM
"old people won't get this"

Apparently old people have IQ's below 80?

Seriously, do you think they're retarded?

sailingaway
02-21-2012, 08:25 AM
Ron gets money > Ron runs TV ad

we need to get Ron more money.

I don't prefer the aesthetics, but you know what? Each of those points is going to stick in your mind.

I also think 'voted for No Child Left Behind' is much more evocative of disgust than 'doubled the size of the dept of ed' which sounds to the uneducated like 'give more money to our schools'. However, no one is going to forget that bloated belly.

musicmax
02-21-2012, 08:32 AM
The

ads

are

not

for

us

Yeah, they're interference for Romney :toady:

Canderson
02-21-2012, 08:40 AM
The strategy must be that if Santorum wins Michigan his momentum going into super tuesday will hurt us. Plus the campaign maybe spoke with the Romney people who agreed not to put up a fight in states like Washington and North Dakota.

tsetsefly
02-21-2012, 09:03 AM

I agree that the tyle could be more serious, but all the pacs will be rnning negative ads with that tone, this is an "attack ad" that really just shows his voting record in a different way. At a time when people might be getting sick of the same typo of political ads this might actually catch their attention...

89vision
02-21-2012, 09:04 AM
I'll never vote for Obama. But then again, I will never vote for Santorum either.

pahs1994
02-21-2012, 09:05 AM
i was flipping the channels and they showed this on MSNBC (yea i know i NEVER watch them but they said they were going to show the new RP ad) They just said stuff along the lines that he has an alliance with Romney and Michael Steel said the ad would not help him. Some crusty old lady on the show said something about Pauls ads and stated that Paul called huntsman the manchurian candidate

A. Havnes
02-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Ron gets money > Ron runs TV ad

we need to get Ron more money.

I don't prefer the aesthetics, but you know what? Each of those points is going to stick in your mind.

I also think 'voted for No Child Left Behind' is much more evocative of disgust than 'doubled the size of the dept of ed' which sounds to the uneducated like 'give more money to our schools'. However, no one is going to forget that bloated belly.

Yes, and he's going to need a lot more money. And, I do think that "No Child Left Behind" is a better representation of how Santorum views mandatory education than what the ad used, but it's still a good ad.

On that note, I wonder how many people will see this ad. I'm still sore that I didn't see a single Ron Paul ad in Minnesota before the caucuses, but was bombarded with Santorum's ugly face, and even his presence, seeing as he actually showed up in rural Minnesota to try and sway undecides towards him.

tremendoustie
02-21-2012, 09:09 AM
If Rick Santorum became the nominee, I would be forced to vote for Obama and then I'd feel DIIIIIIRTY

Don't vote for either of them. Neither Obama nor any of the other Rs deserve any pro-liberty person's vote.

tremendoustie
02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Yes, and he's going to need a lot more money. And, I do think that "No Child Left Behind" is a better representation of how Santorum views mandatory education than what the ad used, but it's still a good ad.

NCLB was a doubling of the size of the department of education ... I think it's an entirely fair characterization. We don't have to use their phony "for the childrens and the kittens and against turrists" bill names they cook up for their anti-liberty tripe.

tfurrh
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Best Part, IMHO

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7045/6916460513_7297e5af98.jpg

Butchie
02-21-2012, 09:14 AM

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let deep pockets Mitt blow his money attacking, we need to start getting Ron's name out there and why he is RIGHT rather than just why the other's are wrong.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Best Part, IMHO

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7045/6916460513_7297e5af98.jpg

How many members here believe in Bigfoot?

Butchie
02-21-2012, 09:32 AM

I can't see any logical reason why it couldn't exist, there are far more amazing and complex creatures we already know of. Bigfoot would actually be rather mundane after the initial thrill wore off.

SilentBull
I like it because it should get the attention of at least of some people in the media. He should get some free mentions out of it.

Paul Or Nothing II

I don't want to be critical of pacs, I hope they've done their due dilligence but just saying..........I prefer the betrayal so far as the older target-audience is concerned as the words are more audible while in the new one, the background sorta runs over the words........and remember, we're trying to reach out to people who voted for Bush :rolleyes:

I also agree that "No Child Left Behind" would sound better

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let deep pockets Mitt blow his money attacking, we need to start getting Ron's name out there and why he is RIGHT rather than just why the other's are wrong.

+1

Yes, where the hell is Ron's electability ad? Attacking others is fine but why should they vote for Paul? Why is he more capable of beating Obama? (remember, most GOP voters are "anyone but Obama") He's leading among Indies, Dems & Non-whites, the important voting-blocks in the General that could hurt Obama & wasn't there a recent poll where he beat Obama 49-42 (clearing the error-margin too :cool:)

trey4sports
02-21-2012, 09:37 AM
of course, the headline will read "Ron Paul shores up alliance with Romney by attacking Santorum" or something stupid like that.

sailingaway
02-21-2012, 09:37 AM
i was flipping the channels and they showed this on MSNBC (yea i know i NEVER watch them but they said they were going to show the new RP ad) They just said stuff along the lines that he has an alliance with Romney and Michael Steel said the ad would not help him. Some crusty old lady on the show said something about Pauls ads and stated that Paul called huntsman the manchurian candidate

what a liar she is! It wasn't even a Paul SUPPORTER it was a fake pretending to be one and anyone with a brain knows that when presented with the evidence. The dems who can stand Obama REALLY want Santorum to win, as super easy to defeat.

sailingaway
02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
I can't see any logical reason why it couldn't exist, there are far more amazing and complex creatures we already know of. Bigfoot would actually be rather mundane after the initial thrill wore off.

they find stuff from time to time they didn't know existed, lizards and fish and stuff they thought was extinct. I wouldn't try to prove a negative. But I also wouldn't put money into a trip to get pictures of one...

Publicani
02-21-2012, 09:40 AM
solid, not outstanding

Matthew5
02-21-2012, 10:22 AM
The

ads

are

not

for

us

Truth.

It's time to crank up the attack machine again. As much as I'm sure RP dislikes using it, we need to play politics every once in awhile. We've got to take down Santorum because the surge is real (blame it on whatever you want, can't deny it). People have been clamoring for RP to go on the attack. Let's do this like Ron Paul wants to fight wars: Go big, go hard, win it, and come home. Proud of my donation dollars at work.

coffeewithchess
02-21-2012, 10:32 AM
This ad seems more like it is targeted at young/middle aged voters, so if they are targeting it correctly on the right stations, it might be useful.
Though, I would like to see a more SERIOUS attack ad, like the original Betrayal ad they put out.

Also, how the crap do they FAIL to mention he endorsed Romney in 2008, the fact that RP and MR may have this "pact" has absolutely destroyed the campaign from effectively advertising it seems.

Captain Shays
02-21-2012, 10:34 AM

Come on Bro! I know you wouldn't really do that. There is always writing in Ron Paul or voting for Gary. You're every bit as principled as our candidate so don't let me hear you say that again.

GraniteHills
02-21-2012, 10:38 AM
The ad is compelling because the main points are memorable. The Planned Parenthood thing will piss some people off, and you can imagine someone remembering the word DICTATOR and thinking, "That there Rick Santorum fella paid money to the bad guys?"

Though the playful visual style is appealing to the young, the intended audience seems to be disaffected baby boomers -- "Groovy," "...since the 1960s," "dude."

The subtext of the ad is even more brilliant. Anyone paying attention at all knows Rick and Ron don't seem too friendly to/with each other, so this is a way to stoke the fires in the debate AND in the public discourse: in other words, it's a paid advertisement that will yield A LOT OF FREE ADVERTISING. The media will play up to and eat up the animosity between these two.

EBounding
02-21-2012, 10:40 AM

Santorum will do a complete 180 if he actually becomes the nominee. He will "moderate" completely, give up the social causes, and sound like all the rest of the candidates.

His strategy is to exploit social conservatives to get the nomination. And it's working. It's working because no one else is doing it. If he wins Michigan, he has a chance to run away with it like McCain did.

123tim
02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Come on Bro! I know you wouldn't really do that. There is always writing in Ron Paul or voting for Gary. You're every bit as principled as our candidate so don't let me hear you say that again.

Thank you for reinforcing this. We need to vote for the principled candidate. The only candidate.

123tim
02-21-2012, 10:46 AM
what a liar she is! It wasn't even a Paul SUPPORTER it was a fake pretending to be one and anyone with a brain knows that when presented with the evidence. The dems who can stand Obama REALLY want Santorum to win, as super easy to defeat.

What became of this? Will we ever find the ip address of whoever posted that video?

coffeewithchess
02-21-2012, 10:50 AM
His strategy is to exploit social conservatives to get the nomination. And it's working. It's working because no one else is doing it. If he wins Michigan, he has a chance to run away with it like McCain did.

This. Santorum understands how stupid voters are, and how to effectively target voters he needs. The fact he got free positive media allowed him to win Iowa, and he went into and out of Iowa untouched with hardly anything negative about him, was nothing but good for him.

If Santorum wins Michigan, it will be a wake up call to Romney for sure (if they haven't gotten it already), but Santorum isn't on Virginia's ballot and a few others (I think) so, this could go on for a while.

Dianne
02-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Have I missed something? Why isn't the campaign using this tidbit of information in the ads; or are they saving this just in case:

http://www.citizensforethics.org/index.php/press/entry/crew-releases-second-annual-most-corrupt-members-of-congress-report/

September 20, 2006
CREW Releases Second Annual Most Corrupt Members of Congress ReportCategories: Congress, Corruption, Most Corrupt, Press Releases, House Members, Alan Mollohan, Charles Taylor, Curt Weldon, Gary Miller, Jerry Lewis, John Doolittle, John Sweeney, Katherine Harris, Ken Calvert, Marilyn Musgrave, Maxine Waters, Pete Sessions, Richard Pombo, Rick Renzi, Roy Blunt, Tom Feeney, William Jefferson, Senate Members, Conrad Burns, Rick Santorum, William Frist
PLEASE NOTE: This is our 2006 Most Corrupt report. For our most recent report on the Most Corrupt Members of Congress visit: crewsmostcorrupt.org

Washington, DC – Today, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) released its second annual report on the most corrupt members of Congress entitled Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch). This encyclopedic report on corruption in the 109th Congress documents the egregious, unethical and possibly illegal activities of the most tainted members of Congress. CREW has compiled the members’ transgressions and analyzed them in light of federal laws and congressional rules.

Two members have been removed from last year’s list of 13. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA) is now serving an eight-year jail term for bribery and Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) has agreed to plead guilty to crimes that will likely result in a minimum two-year prison term.

CREW has also re-launched the report’s tandem website, www.beyonddelay.org. The site offers short summaries of each member’s transgressions as well as the full-length profiles and all accompanying exhibits.

CREW’s Most Corrupt Members of Congress:
Members of the Senate:

■Conrad Burns (R-MT)
■Bill Frist (R-TN)
■Rick Santorum (R-PA)Members of the House:

■Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
■Roy Blunt (R-MO)
■Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO)
■Ken Calvert (R-CA)
■Richard Pombo (R-CA)
■John Doolittle (R-CA)
■Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
■Tom Feeney (R-FL)
■Pete Sessions (R-TX)
■Katherine Harris (R-FL)
■John Sweeney (R-NY)
■William Jefferson (D-LA)
■Charles Taylor (R-NC)
■Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
■Maxine Waters (D-CA)
■Gary Miller (R-CA)
■Curt Weldon (R-PA)
Five Members to Watch:

■Chris Cannon (R-UT)
■J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
■Dennis Hastert (R-IL)
■John Murtha (D-PA)
■Don Sherwood (R-PA)

GraspingForPeace
02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Have I missed something? Why isn't the campaign using this tidbit of information in the ads; or are they saving this just in case:

http://www.citizensforethics.org/index.php/press/entry/crew-releases-second-annual-most-corrupt-members-of-congress-report/

September 20, 2006
CREW Releases Second Annual Most Corrupt Members of Congress ReportCategories: Congress, Corruption, Most Corrupt, Press Releases, House Members, Alan Mollohan, Charles Taylor, Curt Weldon, Gary Miller, Jerry Lewis, John Doolittle, John Sweeney, Katherine Harris, Ken Calvert, Marilyn Musgrave, Maxine Waters, Pete Sessions, Richard Pombo, Rick Renzi, Roy Blunt, Tom Feeney, William Jefferson, Senate Members, Conrad Burns, Rick Santorum, William Frist
PLEASE NOTE: This is our 2006 Most Corrupt report. For our most recent report on the Most Corrupt Members of Congress visit: crewsmostcorrupt.org

Washington, DC – Today, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) released its second annual report on the most corrupt members of Congress entitled Beyond DeLay: The 20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress (and five to watch). This encyclopedic report on corruption in the 109th Congress documents the egregious, unethical and possibly illegal activities of the most tainted members of Congress. CREW has compiled the members’ transgressions and analyzed them in light of federal laws and congressional rules.

Two members have been removed from last year’s list of 13. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA) is now serving an eight-year jail term for bribery and Rep. Bob Ney (R-OH) has agreed to plead guilty to crimes that will likely result in a minimum two-year prison term.

CREW has also re-launched the report’s tandem website, www.beyonddelay.org. The site offers short summaries of each member’s transgressions as well as the full-length profiles and all accompanying exhibits.

Members of the Senate:

■Conrad Burns (R-MT)
■Bill Frist (R-TN)

■Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
■Roy Blunt (R-MO)
■Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO)
■Ken Calvert (R-CA)
■Richard Pombo (R-CA)
■John Doolittle (R-CA)
■Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
■Tom Feeney (R-FL)
■Pete Sessions (R-TX)
■Katherine Harris (R-FL)
■John Sweeney (R-NY)
■Charles Taylor (R-NC)
■Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
■Maxine Waters (D-CA)
■Gary Miller (R-CA)
■Curt Weldon (R-PA)
Five Members to Watch:

■Chris Cannon (R-UT)
■J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
■Dennis Hastert (R-IL)
■John Murtha (D-PA)
■Don Sherwood (R-PA)

I really wish Paul would have nailed Santorum when he tried to call CREW a leftist organization.

coffeewithchess
02-21-2012, 12:29 PM

Because, using a website that names politicians as "corrupt" isn't exactly a smart move, because there are enough clips of people bashing RP that the same non-issue attacks could be done.
RP is sticking with pointing out Santorum's record, which the majority of voters are too lazy to look up for themselves...which is why Santorum is trying to be a "preacher" candidate talking about Satan, birth control, Church issues, etc., because his target audience is ignorant of most issues and doesn't care about his voting record, when they hear him say, "Obama is bad. Obama is bad. Obama is bad. I'm a Christian, I'm a Christian. I'm a Christian."

The fact the RP campaign has not pointed out Santorum endorsed Romney in 2008 though, really baffles me.

Feeding the Abscess
02-21-2012, 12:30 PM

September 20, 2006

Members of the Senate:

■Conrad Burns (R-MT)
■Bill Frist (R-TN)

■Alan Mollohan (D-WV)
■Roy Blunt (R-MO)
■Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO)
■Ken Calvert (R-CA)
■Richard Pombo (R-CA)
■John Doolittle (R-CA)
■Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
■Tom Feeney (R-FL)
■Pete Sessions (R-TX)
■Katherine Harris (R-FL)
■John Sweeney (R-NY)
■Charles Taylor (R-NC)
■Jerry Lewis (R-CA)
■Maxine Waters (D-CA)
■Gary Miller (R-CA)
■Curt Weldon (R-PA)
Five Members to Watch:

■Chris Cannon (R-UT)
■J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ)
■Dennis Hastert (R-IL)
■John Murtha (D-PA)
■Don Sherwood (R-PA)

Ron brought it up in a debate and it was mentioned in a previous Santorum attack ad.

JohnM
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
I like this ad, and I'm 51.

More to the point, I prefer it to the "betrayal" anti-Santorum ad - because this one is funny and therefore good-natured. Because of that, it seems less nasty and negative than the "betrayal" ad, and I think that's good. It's also shorter and more punchy.

Maximus
02-21-2012, 12:40 PM
I like this ad, and I'm 51.

More to the point, I prefer it to the "betrayal" anti-Santorum ad - because this one is funny and therefore good-natured. Because of that, it seems less nasty and negative than the "betrayal" ad, and I think that's good. It's also shorter and more punchy.

I agree, some people see an ad going negative and kind of tune it out. This one draws you in.

coffeewithchess
02-21-2012, 02:41 PM
bump for afternoon viewers

eleganz
02-21-2012, 03:09 PM
This is what makes the RP campaign great, penny pinchers and have to use creativity and innovation to get the most out of their air-time.

You MUST understand, THE PEOPLE ARE TIRED of typical political ads. They hate ATTACKS but putting a fun and enjoyable twist on LEARNING turns an otherwise, pissed off people, into informational sponges.

From my personal experience phone-banking with YFP and here in our LA HQ, people HATE business as usual political attacks

Matthew Zak
02-21-2012, 03:21 PM

Thinking long term here...

Who's going to matter in 12 years?

JJ2
02-21-2012, 04:41 PM
I heard that this is airing in Michigan!!

Why not states where Paul could actually win, such as the caucus states?? Why waste that money on MI just to get perhaps a couple of delegates???

LibertyEagle
02-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Yeah, they're interference for Romney :toady:

:rolleyes:

No they're not. We are still fighting to be the last man standing as the anti-Romney choice. Santorum needs to be taken down a bunch of notches. He's largely getting a pass from the media, so we have to do it.

J_White
02-21-2012, 10:09 PM
YES !!
this is a good sequel to Big Dog !! i think it will have some impact, if people do look into the real Santorum.
I hope they can make a foreign policy ad, in the same vein, clarifying Dr.Paul's stand on FP issues !!
it would break the dam !

JJ2
02-22-2012, 02:33 AM

I know they exist, because they are all around here where I live. It's basically taken for granted around here, especially by the Native American tribe.

I think the video, though, is just showing an obviously fake bigfoot, not necessarily even saying bigfoot is fake.

tfurrh
04-09-2019, 09:00 PM
I think the video, though, is just showing an obviously fake bigfoot, not necessarily even saying bigfoot is fake.

Truth