PDA

View Full Version : Hope Santorum gets owned at next debate

alucard13mmfmj
02-20-2012, 11:11 PM
I just cant wait for the next debate ^^... I want Ron to put Newt and/or Santorum and/or Romney in their place, especially Santorum. I like Santorum for comical relief on the debates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEQENN21ZWE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi12aVa3psc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJqqrahZvss&feature=related

If we can show voters that Ron can trash Santorum in the next debate we will be in a good position. Santorum's been getting off too easily these past few weeks since florida. No one has had the oppurtunity to stop Sanitarium.

I would also like to say that we should address Santorum as Sanitarium =P

GraspingForPeace
02-20-2012, 11:15 PM
I just cant wait for the next debate ^^... I want Ron to put Newt and/or Santorum and/or Romney in their place, especially Santorum. I like Santorum for comical relief on the debates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEQENN21ZWE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi12aVa3psc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJqqrahZvss&feature=related

If we can show voters that Ron can trash Santorum in the next debate we will be in a good position. Santorum's been getting off too easily these past few weeks since florida. No one has had the oppurtunity to stop Sanitarium.

I would also like to say that we should address Santorum as Sanitarium =P

I am looking forward to Wednesday's debate so much. Considering his AMAZING performance in the last debate, I have a good feeling about Dr. Paul in this debate as well. Santorum is going to get GRILLED by everybody on his social views and it will be incredible to watch him flail around trying to pretend to be a conservative Christian. I am hoping that Newt won't get much time to talk in this debate so that maybe Paul won't be the last on speaking time.

rp2012win
02-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Sadly, this is the one debate we need santorum to be strong. We need santorum to win michigan. That cuts the head off the romney snake. The establishment will take care of santorum because they are terrified. I want paul to have a good debate but not by bringing santorum down.

FrancisMarion
02-20-2012, 11:17 PM
that third clip is one of my all-time favorites. His expressions while Santorum is running at the mouth are priceless.

pauliticalfan
02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
So many epic debate moments this election. When this whole thing is over, we have to have a "best of" thread.

mwkaufman
02-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Sadly, this is the one debate we need santorum to be strong. We need santorum to win michigan. That cuts the head off the romney snake. The establishment will take care of santorum because they are terrified. I want paul to have a good debate but not by bringing santorum down.

Yeah, Romney has everything to gain in this debate. Even Gingrich attacking Romney could be good if it brings some Santorum voters back to Gingrich.

alucard13mmfmj
02-20-2012, 11:26 PM

I guess Santorum can be useful in taking Michigan to further screw Romney. Probably second best outcome (if Ron wasnt 1st) if it was like 35% Santorum, 30% Romney, 25% Ron, 10% Newt for Michigan. Just enough lead, but not landslide. Still need to hammer Santorum so he wont get like 50%+ in michigan. I hope we break 20% in michigan. Like some other people in the forums said, Santorum might pull off a Mccain and win.

I hope Ron didnt get rusty from a few weeks of not debating.

digitaldean
02-20-2012, 11:41 PM
I would rather see Mitt/Newt bash Santorum the most. But really the more Santorum talks the more people dislike him. But I would like Newt to do very good and Mitt to do bad. The polls right now are:

Santorum - 37%
Romney - 33%
Paul - 15%
Newt - 10%

So if Newt does very good he may pull down Santorum by 10%
If Romney does bad he might fall by 5%

If Paul gets the 5% undecided plus 5-10% more from above he could win by 25.1-30%. Do I think it might happen? No. But the news would have a field day if it did lol

Maybe the people of Dearborn, Michigan will come out in full and vote. Wiki said 45% is Muslim so that's around 50,000 people. But 1 million voted last time in this state so that wont be close to enough.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#val=MI

braane
02-20-2012, 11:45 PM
I don't know what I would prefer. Santorum doing poorly has its pros but so does him being strong.

Scenario #1: Santorum does poorly

-- Romney wins both Michigan and Arizona.
-- Ron follows that with a win in Washington

Super Tuesday would look something like this (I hope)

Alaska -- Ron Paul (How this goes is as close to anyone's guess... but poor performances by Santorum make it a Romney and Paul battle)
Georgia -- Newt Gingrich
Idaho -- Ron Paul (Santorum doing poorly before gives this one to Ron in a nail biter)
Massachusetts -- Mitt Romney
North Dakota -- Ron Paul (Same reasoning as before, Santorum loses too much steam and a Paul win in Washington energizes his voters)
Ohio -- Rick Santorum (This ends up an essential 3 way tie between Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum -- early voting will be a factor)
Oklahoma -- Newt Gingrich (Gingrich's PAC pours it on in Oklahoma and pulls off a squeaker)
Tennessee -- Rick Santorum (Santorum holds somewhat steady in Tennessee, Paul gets 3rd over Gingrich)
Vermont -- Mitt Romney (Romney wins by 7-10% over Paul, Santorum and Gingrich hear crickets)
Virginia -- ? (?)

Scenario #2: Santorum does well

-- Romney wins Arizona; Santorum wins Michigan

Alaska -- Ron Paul (Romney and Santorum split their votes. Paul wins more handily than before)
Georgia -- Newt Gingrich
Idaho -- Ron Paul (Staying positive. We win either way in what will be a nail biter)
North Dakota -- Ron Paul
Ohio -- Rick Santorum
Oklahoma -- Rick Santorum
Tennessee -- Rick Santorum
Vermont -- ? (?)
Virginia -- ? (?)

Scenario #2 seems to give Santorum more long-term viability, it also could spell the end for Gingrich. Scenario #1 takes the wind out of Santorum's sails and gives Gingrich a reason to continue on. I don't see either scenario as particularly good for Romney. So I will side with what sets Santorum up the worst.

Anyways... Just throwing my picks out there. Probably wrong.

alucard13mmfmj
02-20-2012, 11:48 PM
I would rather see Mitt/Newt bash Santorum the most. But really the more Santorum talks the more people dislike him. But I would like Newt to do very good and Mitt to do bad. The polls right now are:

Santorum - 37%
Romney - 33%
Paul - 15%
Newt - 10%

So if Newt does very good he may pull down Santorum by 10%
If Romney does bad he might fall by 5%

If Paul gets the 5% undecided plus 5-10% more from above he could win by 25.1-30%. Do I think it might happen? No. But the news would have a field day if it did lol

Maybe the people of Dearborn, Michigan will come out in full and vote. Wiki said 45% is Muslim so that's around 50,000 people. But 1 million voted last time in this state so that wont be close to enough.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#val=MI

1million votes in the michigan GOP? wow O_O

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-20-2012, 11:48 PM
You don't want anymore people to solidify their vote on Santorum. It's getting to close to Super-Tuesday.

Student Of Paulism
02-20-2012, 11:59 PM
You don't want anymore people to solidify their vote on Santorum. It's getting to close to Super-Tuesday.

I honestly think it is too late for that. Something needed to be done long before he was able to win 3 states in 1 day, and it wasnt like we couldn't see this coming after IA (yes i know MO was non-binding, but as for perception to the voters go, it's just another knife in the back regardless). Some kind of ad or pot shots at Rick during his events out on the campaign would have helped, as well as reaching out to the demographics that Rick is killing it with right now. It is just inexplicable why all of that was ignored. I think the Party wants this to happen too. They would rather have Obama back if they can't have their way, and they know Rick will be a disaster in the GE. They dont want Mitt, they could have had him last time in 08 and threw him under the bus, he is nothing more than some emergency back up. And too many people have woken up to what Newt is all about, so he is toast. The voters all see Rick as the only viable choice left. Perhaps that could have been Ron, had something more been done or different strategies were played. Hell, Ron did all he could to go after Rick in the previous debates if you remember, and didn't help a single bit. Rick has taken off since then.

I predict he will take the majority of states on ST and will run away with it at that point. I just don't think this last debate can do much to save face, and it's just filler at this point anyway (we all know they frame these stupid things around the establishment stooges and usually end up disappointing) and they cancelled the rest after it.

Kregisen
02-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Personally I would rather have Santorum win the nomination more than Romney. I think Santorum is a worse candidate for president, but he's also mostly unelectable against Obama. He's too socially conservative. I think it would be more enjoyable to watch Santorum try to debate Obama than Romney debating Obama. Romney vs. Obama would be boring and predictable. Santorum against Obama? Can I say LoL?

Apart from that, I still think Romney is the frontrunner to the nomination. In the end it's money that matters, and Romney has it. He also has strong organization. I'm rooting for Santorum in Michigan, but Romney will take Arizona easily and he could take plenty of states down the road. Gingrich will no doubt drop after super tuesday, which would give Santorum an extra 8% though.

digitaldean
02-21-2012, 12:05 AM
I don't know what I would prefer. Santorum doing poorly has its pros but so does him being strong.

Scenario #1: Santorum does poorly

-- Romney wins both Michigan and Arizona.

Alaska -- Ron Paul (How this goes is as close to anyone's guess... but poor performances by Santorum make it a Romney and Paul battle)
Georgia -- Newt Gingrich
Idaho -- Ron Paul (Santorum doing poorly before gives this one to Ron in a nail biter)
North Dakota -- Ron Paul (Same reasoning as before, Santorum loses too much steam and a Paul win in Washington energizes his voters)
Ohio -- Rick Santorum (This ends up an essential 3 way tie between Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum -- early voting will be a factor)
Oklahoma -- Newt Gingrich (Gingrich's PAC pours it on in Oklahoma and pulls off a squeaker)
Tennessee -- Rick Santorum (Santorum holds somewhat steady in Tennessee, Paul gets 3rd over Gingrich)
Vermont -- Mitt Romney (Romney wins by 7-10% over Paul, Santorum and Gingrich hear crickets)
Virginia -- ? (?)

Scenario #2: Santorum does well

-- Romney wins Arizona; Santorum wins Michigan

Alaska -- Ron Paul (Romney and Santorum split their votes. Paul wins more handily than before)
Georgia -- Newt Gingrich
Idaho -- Ron Paul (Staying positive. We win either way in what will be a nail biter)
North Dakota -- Ron Paul
Ohio -- Rick Santorum
Oklahoma -- Rick Santorum
Tennessee -- Rick Santorum
Vermont -- ? (?)
Virginia -- ? (?)

Scenario #2 seems to give Santorum more long-term viability, it also could spell the end for Gingrich. Scenario #1 takes the wind out of Santorum's sails and gives Gingrich a reason to continue on. I don't see either scenario as particularly good for Romney. So I will side with what sets Santorum up the worst.

Anyways... Just throwing my picks out there. Probably wrong.

I 100% agree with what you think will happen. But I am leaning toward scenario #1 to happen. Santorum will flop on the debate and keep saying stupid things.

I hope that after Super Tuesday ends Ron Paul wins 4-5 states coming from: Washington, Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, Ohio, Vermont, or Virginia. This I think will give Ron Paul as a top tier candidate. This will shape this be a Ron Paul vs Santorum fight since Romeny would win 2-3 states which is poor for him.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Arizona is winner take all. Michigan is proportional. Best result may be Romney winning AZ and losing Michigan to Santorum. If Romney wins both, he'll be inevitable again.

It's going to be dicey to keep all 4 in, especially with Gingrich limping at the moment. Gingrich probably forsees Santorum selfdestructing, and Gingrich rises from the ashes (yet again).

alucard13mmfmj
02-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Well, I hope no one blames Ron and his support for the GOP loss against the 1billion dollar Obama campaign. The only thing that can fight against Obama's machine is truth, honesty, and getting independent/democrat votes.

I guess the GOP AND Democrats don't want Ron Paul... Anyone but Ron Paul. Whether its Obama, Romney, Santorum, Newt, Jeb Bush or whomever.

Still, we gotta make the GOP scared. We gotta make them piss their pants like in Maine.

floridasun1983
02-21-2012, 12:14 AM
We seem to have an interesting dynamic going on here. I think the establishment has now realized that Romney cannot win this outright. They also realize that Santorum likely cannot win it outright, either, but he can prevent Romney from winning it outright. That leaves the good Dr. right in the thick of things. The prospects of Santorum or Paul winning the nomination are equally frightening to them for different reasons; Santorum because he's a loose cannon who will get slaughtered against Obama, and Paul because he will mean the end the stranglehold of the status quo.

Look for the GOP to pull some trickeration at the convention and try to foist another candidate entirely on us.

FreedomProsperityPeace
02-21-2012, 12:15 AM
This will be a bad debate for Santorum no matter what Dr. Paul does. Everyone will be focused on him more than ever and ready to pick apart his every word. Before, he could skate by because no one took him seriously. Now, the media will be making up for lost time in vetting him.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-21-2012, 12:16 AM
The GOP's plan isn't to win the presidency. It's to prevent Ron Paul from winning, while they sit on their income and let Obama get a second term. They'll just do another 4 years of 'acting' in order to further the illusion of what we have now.

Lord Xar
02-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Ron needs to attack Santorum.
Mitt needs to attach Newt.

They need to attack hard and fast with alot of information to back it all up.

alucard13mmfmj
02-21-2012, 12:20 AM
Ron needs to attack Santorum.
Mitt needs to attach Newt.

They need to attack hard and fast with alot of information to back it all up.

The only problem we have to look out for is if Santorum makes up a bunch of bullshit and lies to attack Ron... and Ron doesnt have time to respond and goes to commercial break. I hope there is a Ron Paul crowd in the debate audience to call the moderators out on that.

TheGrinch
02-21-2012, 12:21 AM
I had msnbc on in the background from earlier when I was waiting to see if the footage from the Troops Rally today ever got aired, and they just said "Santorum's surge, and what Mitt Romney's dog might have to do with it".

WTF? I hate the media so much.

floridasun1983
02-21-2012, 12:24 AM
I would expect Mitt and Newt to pound Santorum.

I think Ron would best be served by staying above the mudslinging. More than a few people have noticed he's the only adult on the stage.

A_Silent_Majority_Member
02-21-2012, 12:25 AM
Disclaimer: the folowing is not directed at any one person in this thread.. the views contained within are simply the thoughts in my head as i have read this thread and others like it over the past several months. feel free to disagree.
/disclaimer

would habe been nice if at some point everyone started talkin up how great would be if PAUL won a state instead of constantly for months now talkin candidate X should win here or there to take votes from the other guy... a strategy that has worked out wonderfuly for you guys so far huh? ahh thats right.. youre wanting candidate X anyway or maybe obama or ahh darn, i forgot.. the super duper secret brokered convention strategy to get palin via the second thingy mo bobber... or ooops my bad.. we want rand in 2016 which is less likely should ron win 2012 :rolleyes: and I thought this was RON PAUL forums? maybe should go ahead and change the title to candidate X forums instead? I wonder where we would be at now if all the people who voted candidate X to block so and so in such n such a state had instead voted for Paul from the get go. guess we will never know.

alucard13mmfmj
02-21-2012, 12:26 AM
I had msnbc on in the background from earlier when I was waiting to see if the footage from the Troops Rally today ever got aired, and they just said "Santorum's surge, and what Mitt Romney's dog might have to do with it".

WTF? I hate the media so much.

Maybe we can use this to our advantage? Maybe we can attack MSM for disrespecting our troops/veterans and not giving them a voice on national news/tv. Ask MSM if they want to pee or poop on our dead veterans' resting spots for the disrespect they commit against our troops. Are they anti-veteran? I think some well-known vets or retired high rank officers need to make some noises.

braane
02-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Disclaimer: the folowing is not directed at any one person in this thread.. the views contained within are simply the thoughts in my head as i have read this thread and others like it over the past several months. feel free to disagree.
/disclaimer

would habe been nice if at some point everyone started talkin up how great would be if PAUL won a state instead of constantly for months now talkin candidate X should win here or there to take votes from the other guy... a strategy that has worked out wonderfuly for you guys so far huh? ahh thats right.. youre wanting candidate X anyway or maybe obama or ahh darn, i forgot.. the super duper secret brokered convention strategy to get palin via the second thingy mo bobber... or ooops my bad.. we want rand in 2016 which is less likely should ron win 2012 :rolleyes: and I thought this was RON PAUL forums? maybe should go ahead and change the title to candidate X forums instead? I wonder where we would be at now if all the people who voted candidate X to block so and so in such n such a state had instead voted for Paul from the get go. guess we will never know.

It's fun to speculate. Chill out.

carterm
02-21-2012, 12:36 AM
hopefully the crowd isn't full of bloodthirsty neocons.

02-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Santorum is going to be cannon fodder in this debate and will be torn a new one. That much is inevitable. He's made some wild statements since the last debate that he will have to answer to.

I have to agree, the "it's better if so an so win such and such states" stuff is getting out of hand. You want your candidate to win period. Losing is not good or strategic. In some case a state win is beyond the realm of possibility like FL, but it's still not better if somebody else wins, losing is losing.

braane
02-21-2012, 12:44 AM
Santorum is going to be cannon fodder in this debate and will be torn a new one. That much is inevitable. He's made some wild statements since the last debate that he will have to answer to.

I ahve to agree, the "it's better if so an so win such and such states stuff is getting out of hand. You want your candidate to win period. Losing is not good or strategic.

We all want to win every state. That isn't going to happen though, it's just the truth. That doesn't mean we will go into a state any less enthusiastic. It's perfectly acceptable to emper expectations though.

I always think of it like this ... If Ron came out and said before every state "I think we will win", how will that play out if he doesn't win. So in the states we have little chance of winning, it's best to stay grounded in reality. Not just for our own sake, but for that of the campaigns (because we don't want to give the media a headline). The conversation then shifts to 'If we aren't going to win, then who will'. That, believe it or not, is actually relevant/important. It allows us to develop strategies in those states and it allows us to develop a strategy looking beyond those states. It would be silly for us to be attacking Santorum in a state where Romney is going to win in a landslide, for instance (so at some point someone has to rationalize Romney as the clear favorite).

Just some things to think about.

Ron Paul + YouTube= Free
02-21-2012, 12:46 AM
I'd like to see Ron get a little more aggressive and dominate all of them.

Sadly, many republicans respect aggression....

I know its not his style but maybe he should promote himself and interrupt as much as the other do.

anaconda
02-21-2012, 01:10 AM
It will be a circular firing squad between Frothy, Mittens, and Newt. Ron should be well positioned.

Student Of Paulism
02-21-2012, 01:21 AM
I know its not his style but maybe he should promote himself and interrupt as much as the other do.

He has done it occasionally, but just not enough. Newt and Mitt could be going at it as they have in the past several times, without a word from the mods, and Ron just lets it end without adding anything to it or jumping in. Ive seen Perry and Bachmann jump in very assertively many times in debates without a word from mods, so there is no reason why Ron couldn't. As you said, the sheep out there like that kinda thing, they like shit flinging, name calling, etc, and unfortunately, Ron is too busy sometimes wanting to play nice. Hell, at times with his expressions when he would get on Rick or Newt for something, it even sounds like he does it apologetically, like he feld bad. Sheesh :rolleyes: These guys couldn't care less about Ron's feelings, no idea why he gives a crap about theirs. He should have been showing them no mercy from the start and a strong presence of showing you want to be potus more than they do. This flaw has added to the 'unelectable' meme for the longest time. Sometimes you have put your values aside and beat them at their own game. Most voters don't see it as 'Ron being the only adult in the room'. they see it as 'some old guy standing around'.

messana
02-21-2012, 01:30 AM
It will be a circular firing squad between Frothy, Mittens, and Newt. Ron should be well positioned.

He probably isn't going to get a lot of air time though. It's still important that he participates somehow.

James Madison
02-21-2012, 01:58 AM

You mean just like it was before Santorum won in Iowa and then Minnesota and then Colorado. At what point do we stop living in denial that the American people will accept Ron's message the way it is now? Sad to say it but most of the people in this country are a lost cause and they want to vote for a winner just like they root for a winning sports program. We need to dumb the message down and go on the offensive. No more of this passive aggressive bs that we've come to view as the norm. The average American views Ron as weak and this is an image he has to abandon or else we'll be sitting here on election night wondering why Ron didn't win.

Tinnuhana
02-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Ron won't attack another person, but he WILL go after their policies and relate those to past failures. Policies are fair game. As he inserts himself into the 'conversation" between the other three, he can still come off as the wisest person on the stage, show the flaws in their arguments, and still stay above the mudslinging fray.
He has to answer attacks on his record as he did to Santorum's criticism of his voting records on abortion: defuse the situation and then explain why he holds to his particular reasoning; then maybe accuse the other candidate(s) of twisting or misrepresenting his words and views.
On another point, I'd sure like to hear him explain big pharma and stuff by talking about how he started his medical practice and managed it. This would personalize things and clue people in that he's run a business...something everyone looks to Mitt as being the only one up there with that experience.

Lord Xar
02-21-2012, 03:14 AM
I would expect Mitt and Newt to pound Santorum.

I think Ron would best be served by staying above the mudslinging. More than a few people have noticed he's the only adult on the stage.

Perhaps, but that is not translating into votes. People love those who attack and come off as righteous. Why do you think Santo did so well in the debates. People want to see a leader, someone who can scrap. Remember, they are measuring on how well they can do vs. Obama. If you are just some dude who is flat and doesn't go on offensive - then they will think he can't beat Obama.

Ron needs to call these charlatans out on their bogus and shit records.

anaconda
02-21-2012, 05:11 AM
You mean just like it was before Santorum won in Iowa and then Minnesota and then Colorado. At what point do we stop living in denial that the American people will accept Ron's message the way it is now? Sad to say it but most of the people in this country are a lost cause and they want to vote for a winner just like they root for a winning sports program. We need to dumb the message down and go on the offensive. No more of this passive aggressive bs that we've come to view as the norm. The average American views Ron as weak and this is an image he has to abandon or else we'll be sitting here on election night wondering why Ron didn't win.

My point is that these other three seem to have the potential to nullify each other into mediocrity in terms of delegates. Keeping Ron within striking distance without him having to expend resources attacking anyone individually.

speciallyblend
02-21-2012, 05:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElvEZj0Ltw<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElvEZj0Ltw">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElvEZj0Ltw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElvEZj0Ltw)

speciallyblend
02-21-2012, 05:20 AM
Perhaps, but that is not translating into votes. People love those who attack and come off as righteous. Why do you think Santo did so well in the debates. People want to see a leader, someone who can scrap. Remember, they are measuring on how well they can do vs. Obama. If you are just some dude who is flat and doesn't go on offensive - then they will think he can't beat Obama.

Ron needs to call these charlatans out on their bogus and shit records.

He needs to have a game changer live on tv during the debate by basically calling out the status quo(all of them bastards) He needs to draw blood on the stage. He needs fatality style body blows on frothy,newt and romney. He needs to come out punching period! If he fails to do this. Then i fear what 2012 brings the gop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA)

kathy88
02-21-2012, 05:30 AM
He needs to have a game changer live on tv during the debate by basically calling out the status quo(all of them bastards) He needs to draw blood on the stage. He needs fatality style body blows on frothy,newt and romney. He needs to come out punching period! If he fails to do this. Then i fear what 2012 brings the gop!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8de2W3rtZsA)

This, AND I think it's time he called the media on their crap as well. A well placed remark about no press on the Veterans, but lots of press on Mitt's dog might do the trick.

BuddyRey
02-21-2012, 05:36 AM
The ultimate soundbyte would be if Ron asked to examine Rick Santorum's military service record. :D

Tinnuhana
02-21-2012, 06:13 AM
OT: Whoa! Speciallyblend! "Kitty haz headphones" returns!
Srsly: Attack the others' platforms. Explain how far beyond theirs yours is and how this makes a difference for the people. Cite past attempts at the opponents' ideas and how they fell short.
And if anyone dares to attack you or your platform, declare war, win it, and get out.

pacelli
02-21-2012, 06:49 AM

This is the last debate before super tuesday. It is MAKE IT or BREAK IT for all the campaigns.

Curry
02-21-2012, 07:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdTfvLFlz-c&feature=g-all-u&context=G2c116a7FAAAAAAAAAAA

Not groovy :P

No Free Beer
02-21-2012, 07:50 AM
I think it is good that Santorum is doing well. I hope that Newt has a strong debate. The more all of these guys go back and forth, the closer we are to a brokered convention, where Ron then shocks the world.

A. Havnes
02-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I think it is good that Santorum is doing well. I hope that Newt has a strong debate. The more all of these guys go back and forth, the closer we are to a brokered convention, where Ron then shocks the world.

That's what I'm hoping for, but I really hope the mods actually give Ron Paul speaking time. It would be great to have supporters in the audience to further push for Ron Paul to have a chance to answer all the questions like we were able to do on the abortion question. My biggest fear is that, because it's the last before Super Tuesday, Ron Paul isn't going to get any speaking time and it'll be the Romney/Santorum show.

rpwi
02-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Ron needs to have an efficient, simple message that clearly differentiates him from the other candidates. The best weapon he has...is the national debt. Studies have shown conservatives are very fear oriented...if Ron calls himself the only candidate that is worried about the run-away deficit and debt he will score points. Just make this simple...reducing the deficit means either raising taxes or cutting spending....and Ron can safely point out the other candidates do not sufficiently do neither while he does and he's put his budget outline on the internet for everybody to see ( a budget that is medicare/SS friendly).

If Ron uses Perot style tactics Wednesday he can garner a lot of support.

No Free Beer
02-21-2012, 08:04 AM
That's what I'm hoping for, but I really hope the mods actually give Ron Paul speaking time. It would be great to have supporters in the audience to further push for Ron Paul to have a chance to answer all the questions like we were able to do on the abortion question. My biggest fear is that, because it's the last before Super Tuesday, Ron Paul isn't going to get any speaking time and it'll be the Romney/Santorum show.

They'll def. bring up this new ad to try and spark a fight.

Liberty74
02-21-2012, 08:48 AM
I believe this could be the make or break debate for Ron. It's got to be!

Ron has to say something that wakes people up, change their negative opinion on him and/or call everyone out on stage.

Canderson
02-21-2012, 08:49 AM

I thought this until the campaign bought ads against Santorum in Michigan. I think they want to run interference for Romney so Romney can win Michigan and Santorum's loss of momentum going into super tuesday will give us a much better chance of winning some states, not to mention delegates.