PDA

View Full Version : Why ron paul may have the last laugh

back2basics
02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/J4ster/Screenshot2012-02-20at43015PM.png.

kathy88
02-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Sub-head. "Despite not winning a single primary, he could end up speaking at the GOP Convention."

The GOP can pretty much shove their convention up their collective arses. Here's a bone, Ronnie. Now give us your supporters. HELL NO.

Travlyr
02-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Sub-head. "Despite not winning a single primary, he could end up speaking at the GOP Convention."

The GOP can pretty much shove their convention up their collective arses. Here's a bone, Ronnie. Now give us your supporters. HELL NO.

Exactly! Not Just No. But HELL NO. Audit the Fed first! Bring the troops home. Stop assassinating citizens. Put cops in jail who kill Sunday School teachers.

NoOneButPaul.com (http://noonebutpaul.com) No One.

TheTexan
02-20-2012, 06:56 PM
We'll have the last laugh because if he's speaking at the convention, its his nomination acceptance speech

coolguy67
02-20-2012, 06:56 PM
I care absolutely nothing about the convention if RP isn't the nominee. Speeches Smeaches.

Bama Boy
02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
A convention speech and planks in an ignored platform are not Ron Paul's goals. I will guarantee you that. He is too smart for those petty gestures.

I honestly love how this is shaping up for us.

bunklocoempire
02-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Yahoo:

Many of Paul's libertarian views dovetail nicely with mainstream Republican ideas on limited government and low taxes. But Paul breaks with much of his party Paul picks up a lot of Democrat and Indy support the GOP doesn't when he talks about failed American intervention abroad and government un-constitutional efforts to fight terrorism at home.

Fixed it for ya Yahoo. Gee, there might just be a story for ya there.:rolleyes:

TheGrinch
02-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Why Ron Paul may not get the last laugh:

If he doesn't get elected, this country is going to hell in a handbasket, and some consolation speech ain't gonna change shit.

[\article]

Xenophage
02-20-2012, 07:42 PM
That's like saying, "Despite losing, he'll still get a gold star."

Yahoo sucks.

hammy
02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
A convention speech and planks in an ignored platform are not Ron Paul's goals. I will guarantee you that. He is too smart for those petty gestures.

I honestly love how this is shaping up for us.

Honestly curious, not trolling, what is it specifically you like?

tennman
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
We'll have the last laugh because if he's speaking at the convention, its his nomination acceptance speech

That's what I was thinking.

Cleaner44
02-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Everyone is missing it...

We have won...

Look at the headline ad for the BMW...

THE ALL-NEW BMW 3 SERIES IS HERE. DESIR3 IT FROM EVERY ANGLE

R3VOLUTION

Game over... WE WIN!

No Free Beer
02-20-2012, 07:58 PM
May?

Uh...reality check Yahoo...HE WILL!

When our country falls apart, when there are violent protests in the streets. When we have to bring all our troops home because we can't afford them anymore. When everyone is taxed up the ass. When there arent any jobs. When the FED owns our dollar. ETC

HE WILL GET THE LAST LAUGH!!!

anaconda
02-20-2012, 08:01 PM

MSM is still in curious denial about the inevitable: that because of Ron Paul no other Republican will win the White House. This is the real story.

Darthbrooklyn
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
That's like saying, "Despite losing, he'll still get a gold star."

Yahoo sucks.

Exactly.... Hell get an E for Effort.... GET THE FK OUT OF HEREEE!!!!

JJ2
02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Yeah, that made me sick when I saw it as the first story on Yahoo earlier.

And it's actually an AP story--but it sounds like it was written by a GOP insider, or by Jack Welch! LOL.

Imagine this: A primetime speech at the GOP convention in which Paul criticizes American military action overseas and condemns the war on terror as an overreach of government authority at home. It's enough to make some Republicans cringe.

Imagine this: Paul giving that speech as the nominee! That's why there's no way they'll let him be the nominee. They can't even handle him giving a speech!

But they may have little choice if they want to placate Paul's supporters and keep them from becoming a distraction at an event designed to promote party unity and showcase the nominee, whoever it is.

Placate us? How nice...

Paul is fascinating because good ol' Ron will say just about anything he wants to say at any particular time," said Dennis Goldford, a professor of politics at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. "And the last thing you want somebody doing is going off message in primetime at a convention."

OK, that's enough of that...

Liberty74
02-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Go Indy.

Now who's laughing. :p

roversaurus
02-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I'm not in this for 25 million dollar speech.

Bama Boy
02-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Honestly curious, not trolling, what is it specifically you like?

I just see the Romney / Paul alliance working out well in the end.

ironj221
02-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Ron Paul WILL win. Game-changer to be released tomorrow on my Twitter feed.

AngryCanadian
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Ron paul will win a state yahoo.

economics102
02-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I'm not in this for 25 million dollar speech.

Don't blame Ron if it ends up coming down to a measly convention speech. I agree a speech at the convention is worth next to nothing.

But the question, always, is, strategically, what's the most pro-liberty thing we have the political capital to do? Six months ago, the answer was, "draft Ron Paul for a presidential campaign." Two years ago, it was "draft Rand Paul for a senate campaign." Ron will do whatever he believes is strategically best come August. If that means giving a speech at the convention, that's what he'll do, and the blame for that goes not to him but to the American people who didn't stand up for him and maybe to the campaign staff and to us for (despite trying very hard) failing to pull off a bigger victory or outright victory.

And if August comes and Ron feels that strategically the best move is to buck the party and run third party or back the LP or Americans Elect or whatever else transpires, that'll be what it is.

And of course, it's not Ron Paul's job to come up with the optimal strategy. In 2008 he decided his best strategic move was to endorse Chuck Baldwin and hold a press conference with Nader, Mckinney, Baldwin and Barr. It was the grassroots (IIRC) that decided to hold the Rally for the Republic, which turned out to be absolutely brilliant. Of course, Ron Paul made the good decision of setting up the Campaign for Liberty.

My point is, it's not productive to say what you're in it for. We're all in this for the same ultimate reason: to take back this country and usher in the greatest pro-liberty era the world has ever seen. If at any time you feel Ron is not choosing the right strategy, help us figure out a different strategy, and we, the grassroots, will implement.

georgiaboy
02-20-2012, 09:03 PM
But they may have little choice if they want to placate Paul's supporters and keep them from becoming a distraction at an event designed to promote party unity and showcase the nominee, whoever it is.

Umm, that may be a modern media interpretation of what the convention has become, but it's not what the event was intended to do. Otherwise, why would there be all the delegates, votes, etc.??

Ridiculous article is ridiculous.

Kodaddy
02-20-2012, 09:40 PM
My vote does not belong to the republican party. My vote does not belong to an ideology. And although I have chosen to vote for RP, my vote is not his to give away. My vote belongs to me.

opinionatedfool
02-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Anyone who thinks Ron Paul is going through the bother of running for president so he can make a speach at a stupid convention is an idiot. Why the heck would he care about doing that? He's given probably thousands of speeches and we are supposed to believe that's why he staying in? What complete and utter lunacy.

Is msm made up of a bunch of preschool drop outs?

Cleaner44
02-21-2012, 10:52 AM
My vote does not belong to the republican party. My vote does not belong to an ideology. And although I have chosen to vote for RP, my vote is not his to give away. My vote belongs to me.

I am taking this for my signature.

+rep

Paul Or Nothing II
02-21-2012, 11:30 AM

I care absolutely nothing about the convention if RP isn't the nominee. Speeches Smeaches.

Yes, they can shove their convention, it's Paul or nothing, damn it! :mad:

Go Indy.

Now who's laughing. :p

That's true :D

I just see the Romney / Paul alliance working out well in the end.

Shove it :mad:

+1

Beautifully said, they think they'll throw a bone at Paul & we'll all vote Republican, well, they've no clue that if Paul isn't the nominee, GOP is done! :mad:

Anyone who thinks Ron Paul is going through the bother of running for president so he can make a speach at a stupid convention is an idiot. Why the heck would he care about doing that? He's given probably thousands of speeches and we are supposed to believe that's why he staying in? What complete and utter lunacy.

Is msm made up of a bunch of preschool drop outs?

Likely :D

MSM is still in curious denial about the inevitable: that because of Ron Paul no other Republican will win the White House. This is the real story.

Yes, when are these f'cking idiots going to admit that Paul is the ONLY Republican that can beat Obama, this message really needs to get out the among GOP voters (and why isn't campaign/pacs releasing ads to that effect?) :mad:

Lishy
02-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Ron Paul WILL have the last laugh. He is transforming an entire generation!

Even if he isn't president, he already succeeded! The liberty movement will only grow!

People like me went from commie to libertarian! THAT is an accomplishment Paul should be proud of! :P