PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo News: Ron Paul Leaving Maine on a High Note

RonPaul101.com
02-20-2012, 06:12 PM
My latest article on Yahoo News:

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-leaving-maine-high-note-211600164.html

Romney had won the statewide Maine vote in 2008 with more than 52 percent of the vote as he beat the eventual nominee John McCain by more than 30 percent. Paul contested the state much better in 2012 than McCain did in 2008. In a state near his home turf of Massachusetts, why has Romney lost so much ground?

Please Facebook Like and Tweet the article to spread it around. I donate all proceeds (Yahoo payments and pay per reads) to the Ron Paul campaign.

sailingaway
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
I think there are actually some caucuses still coming up.

RonPaul101.com
02-20-2012, 06:18 PM

There is one March 3rd, but there are a lot of simpler tasks I would like to teach my audience before I'd have them memorize the Maine Caucus schedule...

The Washington County contest was the last super-caucus and likely the last presidential preference vote to count in the statewide total.

bcreps85
02-20-2012, 06:18 PM

I think there is one or two on March third. But I don't think they are big enough to make up for the supposed deficit.

centure7
02-20-2012, 06:20 PM
There is one March 3rd, but there are a lot of simpler tasks I would like to teach my audience before I'd have them memorize the Maine Caucus schedule...

The Washington County contest was the last super-caucus and likely the last presidential preference vote to count in the statewide total.Right. They made a special exception to count the Washington County caucus and only because Paul supporters raised hell over it. The later ones are not supposed to count as GOP rules specified because they are holding them so late.

asurfaholic
02-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Right. They made a special exception to count the Washington County caucus and only because Paul supporters raised hell over it. The later ones are not supposed to count as GOP rules specified because they are holding them so late.

then why hold them at all???

RonPaul101.com
02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Right. They made a special exception to count the Washington County caucus and only because Paul supporters raised hell over it. The later ones are not supposed to count as GOP rules specified because they are holding them so late.

Yeah, point of the article was to show we've have moved on (emotionally) and leave the state on a high note/winning.

I was trying to create some momentum if possible.

RonPaul101.com
02-20-2012, 06:26 PM

That's a question that needs to be asked (and a correction made) before 2016.

helmuth_hubener
02-20-2012, 06:32 PM
then why hold them at all??? Their delegates still count, just not any straw vote they might take.

02-20-2012, 06:34 PM

They still elect delegates to the state convention.

soulcyon
02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
"Obama understood this game plan well in 2008, and Paul seems most apt to succeed in that regard in 2012."

Article by L. Lippincott, who has a B.S. in Business Marketing - Richard Stockton College of New Jersey

But she wrote an article about Ron Paul in the past, so don't take her word as mainstream or what Yahoo believes.

Posted on FB, tweeted and +'d

gorgonzola
02-20-2012, 08:03 PM
They still elect delegates to the state convention.

Exactly! May 5th and 6th is where the fun begins.

It is shaping up to be a Rock the House event and the state GOP knows it.

parocks
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
We don't know if the preference poll votes will count for the caucuses coming up.

If they do count, it is mathematically possible for Ron Paul to win based on Castine alone.

But it is highly unlikely.

We only picked up around 80 votes on Romney out of the entirety of Washington County. We picked up another 50 out of the Hancock caucuses and the Kennebec Caucuses.

It is mathematically possible to get 115 votes more than Romney out of Castine alone on Mar 3. Very very very unlikely. There could be other caucuses scheduled that could count as well. Still, very very unlikely.

gorgonzola
02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
It is also likely Romney will lose some of his support to Santorum as he seemingly surges. Romney's base is not at all solid. The RP base come May will be like a rock.

gerryb
02-20-2012, 08:27 PM

Because the nomination isn't about straw polls, it's about delegates.

RonPaul101.com
02-21-2012, 12:23 PM
It is also likely Romney will lose some of his support to Santorum as he seemingly surges. Romney's base is not at all solid. The RP base come May will be like a rock.

I just worry that it may be too late by that time. We haven't needed a win as badly as we soon will need a win once the winner-take-all contests start to hit.

RonPaul101.com
02-22-2012, 09:18 PM
As promised in the OP:
-----
Yahoo Contributor Network sent you $8.00 USD

Hello 'ronpaul101.com',
Just thought you'd like to know Yahoo Contributor Network sent you $8.00 USD.
------
Thank you for your generous donation!
Amount: $8.00
Transaction ID: 6K822124SV579211W
Transaction date/time: 2012-02-22 21:17:53