PDA

View Full Version : NJ Residents - Registered Republican - WE NEED YOU!

D.A.S.
02-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Are you a New Jersey resident registered Republican in NJ? If so, we need you! (If registered Unaffiliated**, read below.)

If you're unsure about your voter registration in NJ, click here to check your NJ voter registration status (https://voter.njsvrs.com/PublicAccess/servlet/com.saber.publicaccess.control.PublicAccessNavigat ionServlet?USERPROCESS=PublicSearch).

The Ron Paul organization in New Jersey is currently in the process of gathering ballot petition signatures to get Ron Paul on the ballot. The state needs 1,000 signatures, but the goal of 2,000 signatures statewide has been set to be safe. The Campaign's internal deadline to obtain all these signatures in NJ is March 15, 2012.

The process is already underway, but we need more manpower to help circulate Ron Paul ballot petitions in NJ!

1. If you are registered Republican in NJ and can help circulate ballot petitions for Ron Paul in New Jersey, email either Mike Ward at nj.libertyheadquarters@gmail.com or Mike Pannone at michaelpannone@msn.com, and either one will provide information on the process. State in the email where in NJ you're located and your tentative goal of how many signatures you will try to obtain, whatever you think is reasonable/doable. Upon request, they can also provide you with the "walking lists" of the Republican voters for the town(s) where you plan to gather signatures -- this is the most efficient and error-prone way of collecting valid signatures.

2. If you are registered Republican or Unaffiliated** (read below) in NJ but cannot help with petition circulation, you're STILL needed! You need to find your local Ron Paul petition circulator and SIGN the petition for Ron Paul. To locate your local petition circulator, email either Mike Ward at nj.libertyheadquarters@gmail.com or Mike Pannone at michaelpannone@msn.com and state that you want to sign a petition for Ron Paul in NJ and are looking for your local circulator. State where in NJ you're located.

There is also a Facebook group for NJ ballot petition process for Ron Paul -- join if you are an NJ resident and can either circulate the petition or need to sign a petition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/145106275605787/

**NJ Party Affiliation Rule:

When a voter first registers to vote in NJ without stating any party affiliation, they are considered Unaffiliated. If you then vote in any party's primary, your registration automatically switches to that party with which you voted. After that, you can no longer vote in any other party's primary until you file a new voter registration form and either change your party affiliation or declare yourself Unaffiliated.

If you're registered to vote in NJ but NEVER declared your party affiliation in NJ and NEVER voted in any primary, you're still Unaffiliated and thereby eligible to vote in the upcoming Republican primary AND to sign the ballot petition for Ron Paul (which will automatically switch you to Republican affiliation).

However, if your party affiliation in NJ is neither Republican nor Unaffiliated, you must change your affiliation to either Republican or Unaffiliated to vote for Ron Paul in New Jersey!

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
If you're in Mercer Co and need to sign, contact me! Otherwise, join the Facebook group and/or email Mike Ward or Mike Pannone.

grit123
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm 21, didn't vote last election, haven't registered. Is that last bit saying if I register before the 5/15 register deadline I can vote for RP in the primary?

tsai3904
04-24-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm 21, didn't vote last election, haven't registered. If I register as Republican before the 5/15 deadline can I vote for RP in the primary?

If you have never registered to vote in New Jersey before and you register before May 15, you can vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

Here is the voter registration form:
http://nj.gov/state/elections/form_pdf/voter-regis-forms/statewide-voter-reg-form-013111-rev..pdf

Make sure for Box 10 you mark YES and write in "Republican".

grit123
04-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Awesome! Thanks.

juvanya
04-26-2012, 04:16 AM
I have been a Republican since voting in the 10 primary. Too lazy to switch back. Most of our YAL is registered Republican now I am pretty sure. About half of the CRs are sympathetic, if not supportive. Altho all told, were about 20-25 people.