PDA

View Full Version : NJ Residents - **Registered Republican** - WE NEED YOU!

D.A.S.
02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Are you a New Jersey resident registered Republican in NJ? If so, we need you! (If registered Unaffiliated**, read below.)

If you're unsure about your voter registration in NJ, click here to check your NJ voter registration status (https://voter.njsvrs.com/PublicAccess/servlet/com.saber.publicaccess.control.PublicAccessNavigat ionServlet?USERPROCESS=PublicSearch).

The Ron Paul organization in New Jersey is currently in the process of gathering ballot petition signatures to get Ron Paul on the ballot. The state needs 1,000 signatures, but the goal of 2,000 signatures statewide has been set to be safe. The Campaign's internal deadline to obtain all these signatures in NJ is March 15, 2012.

The process is already underway, but we need more manpower to help circulate Ron Paul ballot petitions in NJ!

1. If you are registered Republican in NJ and can help circulate ballot petitions for Ron Paul in New Jersey, email either Mike Ward at nj.libertyheadquarters@gmail.com or Mike Pannone at michaelpannone@msn.com, and either one will provide information on the process. State in the email where in NJ you're located and your tentative goal of how many signatures you will try to obtain, whatever you think is reasonable/doable. Upon request, they can also provide you with the "walking lists" of the Republican voters for the town(s) where you plan to gather signatures -- this is the most efficient and error-prone way of collecting valid signatures.

2. If you are registered Republican or Unaffiliated** (read below) in NJ but cannot help with petition circulation, you're STILL needed! You need to find your local Ron Paul petition circulator and SIGN the petition for Ron Paul. To locate your local petition circulator, email either Mike Ward at nj.libertyheadquarters@gmail.com or Mike Pannone at michaelpannone@msn.com and state that you want to sign a petition for Ron Paul in NJ and are looking for your local circulator. State where in NJ you're located.

There is also a Facebook group for NJ ballot petition process for Ron Paul -- join if you are an NJ resident and can either circulate the petition or need to sign a petition: https://www.facebook.com/groups/145106275605787/

**NJ Party Affiliation Rule:

When a voter first registers to vote in NJ without stating any party affiliation, they are considered Unaffiliated. If you then vote in any party's primary, your registration automatically switches to that party with which you voted. After that, you can no longer vote in any other party's primary until you file a new voter registration form and either change your party affiliation or declare yourself Unaffiliated.

If you're registered to vote in NJ but NEVER declared your party affiliation in NJ and NEVER voted in any primary, you're still Unaffiliated and thereby eligible to vote in the upcoming Republican primary AND to sign the ballot petition for Ron Paul (which will automatically switch you to Republican affiliation).

However, if your party affiliation in NJ is neither Republican nor Unaffiliated, you must change your affiliation to either Republican or Unaffiliated to vote for Ron Paul in New Jersey!

Aratus
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM
........................b......................... .............u...................................m ................................p................. ..........

Mark37snj
02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Bump for bookmarking, I shall return.

gerryb
02-20-2012, 03:30 PM
There are tens of thousands of donors/volunteers on the campaign's list in NJ, I'm sure. I'd start with calling them.

D.A.S.
02-20-2012, 05:10 PM
There are tens of thousands of donors/volunteers on the campaign's list in NJ, I'm sure. I'd start with calling them.

Wish it were that easy. I have the FEC list of Ron Paul's NJ donors through Q4 of 2011 -- there are about 600 donors on that list. The list has addresses but not phone numbers. It is somewhat useful for getting petition signatures and gauging where in the state there's more support for Ron Paul, but that's about it.

I'm sure the campaign has a list of volunteers for NJ. My duty is to raise awareness for the need of more volunteers in NJ for the ballot petition drive.

gerryb
02-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Wish it were that easy. I have the FEC list of Ron Paul's NJ donors through Q4 of 2011 -- there are about 600 donors on that list. The list has addresses but not phone numbers. It is somewhat useful for getting petition signatures and gauging where in the state there's more support for Ron Paul, but that's about it.

Are you working with the campaign? Who is the state director? The FEC report only has donors who gave more than $200 -- and it isn't legal to use that data if you aren't working with the campaign.

The state director has the list of donors/volunteers/delegates with email address, phone, home address etc.

D.A.S.
02-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Are you working with the campaign? Who is the state director? The FEC report only has donors who gave more than $200 -- and it isn't legal to use that data if you aren't working with the campaign.

The state director has the list of donors/volunteers/delegates with email address, phone, home address etc.

Since I am one of the petition circulators for Ron Paul in NJ, I am considered to be working with the campaign on that project, yes. I've given the names of the people managing the ballot process in NJ in the OP. I'm sure they have a list of volunteers and whatever else they need. My objective is to raise awareness.

I encourage other NJ Ron Paul supporters registered Republican to participate in the process by contacting the individuals who work with the campaign, listed in the OP above.

D.A.S.
02-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Bump

sailingaway
02-21-2012, 11:52 AM
bump!

D.A.S.
02-22-2012, 08:58 AM
By the way, if you're in central NJ area -- Princeton, West Windsor, Plainsboro, Hamilton, Trenton, Hopewell, Skillman, Montgomery, etc -- I am your Ron Paul petition circulator! So if you can't circulate a petition, you need to get in touch with me, so you can sign for Ron Paul.

You need to be either registered Republican in NJ or registered Unaffiliated in NJ.

Zarn Solen
02-22-2012, 09:25 AM
March 15 seems a little early for a late primary, but such is the process. Thanks for the info.

D.A.S.
02-22-2012, 10:16 AM
March 15 seems a little early for a late primary, but such is the process. Thanks for the info.

It's an internal deadline, to keep on the safe side and make sure we don't run into the same kind of time crunch we did in PA. Plus, signature collection in NJ is fairly hard-going, so it doesnt hurt to hussle.

soulcyon
02-22-2012, 11:37 AM
emailed 4 info :D

D.A.S.
02-22-2012, 11:50 AM
emailed 4 info :D

Awesome!! If one Mike doesn't get back to you soon, try the other Mike.

LiveToWin
02-22-2012, 12:16 PM
By the way, if you're in central NJ area -- Princeton, West Windsor, Plainsboro, Hamilton, Trenton, Hopewell, Skillman, Montgomery, etc -- I am your Ron Paul petition circulator! So if you can't circulate a petition, you need to get in touch with me, so you can sign for Ron Paul.

You need to be either registered Republican in NJ or registered Unaffiliated in NJ.

I'm at a college between Trenton and Princeton, where do I sign? There are several others here that would sign as well.

alucard13mmfmj
02-22-2012, 12:24 PM
If NJ comes through for Ron Paul for at least 2nd place.. I'll stop being a collectivist and generalize people from New Jershey as "Jershey Shore" ;s...

LiveToWin
02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
If NJ comes through for Ron Paul for at least 2nd place.. I'll stop being a collectivist and generalize people from New Jershey as "Jershey Shore" ;s...

NJ is going to be Paul vs Romney, whether the other two drop out before June or not. All we need to do here is out vote the old people. I have hope for the state though, I'm always discovering more people that are for Ron Paul, and the amount of people who are "waking up" of their own accord due to the media being blatantly obvious is stunning.

alucard13mmfmj
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
NJ is going to be Paul vs Romney, whether the other two drop out before June or not. All we need to do here is out vote the old people. I have hope for the state though, I'm always discovering more people that are for Ron Paul, and the amount of people who are "waking up" of their own accord due to the media being blatantly obvious is stunning.

That is good news. Santorum and Newt is not on the ballot or something?

LiveToWin
02-22-2012, 12:47 PM
That is good news. Santorum and Newt is not on the ballot or something?

I'm actually not sure if they are or not, but their organization is so poor that I wouldn't be surprised if they havn't started trying to get signatures here yet. That, along with the fact from knowing people across the state, neither one seems to be appealing to people here. If we do well enough in the states running up to June, we've broken the "he can't win" glass ceiling, and we reach that tipping point, Paul definitely has a chance to walk away with all 50 NJ delegates.

D.A.S.
02-22-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm at a college between Trenton and Princeton, where do I sign? There are several others here that would sign as well.

AWESOME! I sent you a PM with instructions and my contact info. We need as many as we can get to sign for Ron Paul :-)

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 09:41 AM
If you are from Princeton, Trenton, Lawrenceville, West Windsor, Hamilton, or any other town in Mercer County or immediately surrounding, please get in touch with me to sign the petition for Ron Paul -- you must be registered Republican or Unaffiliated in NJ to do so.

We also need more petition circulators. Go to the Facebook group in the OP and join, if you're from NJ. We need to mobilize NJ.

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Please bump this thread.

gerryb
02-24-2012, 01:57 PM
I sent a suggestion to the folks you listed in the OP - this would be 100x more efficient if you were utilizing a list of our supporters and calling them directly, instead of trying to rustle them out of the woodwork.

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
I sent a suggestion to the folks you listed in the OP - this would be 100x more efficient if you were utilizing a list of our supporters and calling them directly, instead of trying to rustle them out of the woodwork.

gerryb -- I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. I'm trying to promote an important incentive here.

Mike Ward and Mike Pannone know what they are doing and have a very good handle on things. They are providing us with Republican walking lists for going door-to-door, and they are keeping everyone organized and accountable. I'm sure if the list of supporters existed, they'd be using it.

It's for things like these that I've been running and promoting RonPaulCountry.com, so we could tap into a large list of supporters wherever we need them. But folks aren't signing up in droves for one reason or another, and we don't have that many people signing up with RPC, so we have to do it the hard way.

At the very least, I'm trying to shake out people from this forum who are in New Jersey and make sure they are aware we need them.

So just let this be and let me promote this thing -- I'm doing this to raise awareness to the best possible exent :-P

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Bump.

unknown
02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
At-least the lead time is better than our PA situation but shouldn't we start on these things like 2 months out or is there a window?

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 03:56 PM
At-least the lead time is better than our PA situation but shouldn't we start on these things like 2 months out or is there a window?

Yep, there's a window of time... Same in PA. So you can't start before a certain date. Even so, the March 15th deadline is an internal one. The actual deadline for NJ is around mid-April. The campaign just wants to know where they stand by March 15, so that's why they want us all to shoot for March 15.

ThePursuitOfLiberty
02-24-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm in Middlesex County and have not signed a petition...
Someone get in touch with me ASAP.

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm in Middlesex County and have not signed a petition...
Someone get in touch with me ASAP.

PM sent.

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Bump for New Jersey :-)

soulcyon
02-24-2012, 08:33 PM
emailed for petition, i'm also in Middlesex

Emperius
02-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Going to email in a bit.

I'm in Mullica Hill (South Jersey) and can surely collect quite a few, dozens of RP signs in town, fairly popular here.

Also, first post. Only took 2 weeks to get registered :P

D.A.S.
02-24-2012, 09:55 PM
emailed for petition, i'm also in Middlesex

That is great! Emailing them is important because they have a pre-filled petition form for Ron Paul, and they need to track who's circulating petitions where, so they can keep an accurate tally of signatures gathered state-wide. If Mike Ward doesn't reply quickly, try Mike Pannone.

Going to email in a bit.

I'm in Mullica Hill (South Jersey) and can surely collect quite a few, dozens of RP signs in town, fairly popular here.

Also, first post. Only took 2 weeks to get registered :P

Great! I'm in Mercer Co, and I've run into very very few people willing to sign. It's Obama country here, and Republicans around here are Mitt Romney fans. So getting signatures in South Jersey is definitely needed!

Definitely make sure you email Mike Ward or Mike Pannone, so they can send you a pre-filled petition form for Ron Paul, and also they will put you on their list, so they can track signatures gathered state-wide. It's very important for coordination.

jdcole
02-24-2012, 10:23 PM
BAMP FOR JORSTACE

D.A.S.
02-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Saturday bump for Jersey! :-) All the info in the original post!

D.A.S.
02-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Bump.

D.A.S.
02-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Saturday bump to help put Ron Paul on the ballot in NJ! Read the original post for full instructions.

JerseyRP
02-27-2012, 11:34 AM
I am in Northern middlesex county(Woodbridge area) and plan on attending the Woodbridge meeting on Wednesday. Anyone else going to this meeting? Preferably any who have been to previous meetings for experience purposes. This will be my first. I am only a couple minutes away from the meeting location so it is very easy to meet up at my house before attending.

D.A.S.
02-27-2012, 01:26 PM
I am in Northern middlesex county(Woodbridge area) and plan on attending the Woodbridge meeting on Wednesday. Anyone else going to this meeting? Preferably any who have been to previous meetings for experience purposes. This will be my first. I am only a couple minutes away from the meeting location so it is very easy to meet up at my house before attending.

Is there a link to this meeting event on meetup.com or facebook?