PDA

View Full Version : UT/TT Texas Primary Poll

SCOTUSman
02-20-2012, 04:59 AM
The latest UT/Texas Tribune internet survey of 800 Texas voters was conducted from Feb. 8-15, and has a margin of error of +/- 3.46 percent. Questions asked only of 371 Republican voters have a margin of error of +/- 5.09 percent; questions of 529 likely voters in general elections have a margin of error of +/- 4.26 percent.

Last poll was taken in October by UT/TT

Santorum 45 (+44)
Gingrich 18 (+10)
Romney 16 (+7)
Paul 14 (+2)

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-presidential-election/santorum-leads-republican-field-texas/

Student Of Paulism
02-20-2012, 05:08 AM
Nice to see Ron supported so well in his own state. MSM may as well just announce Rick as the nominee, it is pretty damn obvious at this point. :rolleyes:

Think i am going to look into that deal Max Keiser mentioned on his show recently. Something about deals other countries are offering like Iceland, where you can pay some deal for full citizenship with guarantees of not getting a US-like Policestate rammed down your throat and economic fascism.

AngryCanadian
02-20-2012, 05:14 AM
Santorum is doing such a horrible job at the moment since now he has made several stupid statements i don't understand who is polling these people?

Aren't these the same polls that show Newt as the Frontrunner? why not just give Paul a turn?

800 Texas voters
Yeah i bet one of them is Wildrose of the sean hannity forums:rolleyes: sorry mods.

digitaldean
02-20-2012, 05:22 AM
That is pretty sad but I am sure Santorum will continue to make a fool of himself like he has been.

J_White
02-20-2012, 06:22 AM
lol, Santorum on top ? who would have thought about this in december. ok, maybe some people did !

PaulConventionWV
02-20-2012, 06:29 AM
Santa went from freakin 1%.... to 45%, a gain of 44%... how the...????

Student Of Paulism
02-20-2012, 06:35 AM
If the media said Daffy Duck was running for Potus and then performed a 2 week long blitz on him like they did with Rick, he too, would go from 1 to 44.

KingNothing
02-20-2012, 06:50 AM
The Santorum crash is as inevitable as the Bachmann, Cain and Gingrich crashes.

Very annoying and disconcerting that it's even gotten this far, though. We'll have to take solace in the fact that every time the man opens his mouth he turns off any undecided in earshot and proves to independents that he isn't the man for them.

02-20-2012, 08:17 AM

I don't know. Those were before voting started. People are actually voting for Santorum in large numbers. This is starting to look like what McCain pulled off. Scary.

CaptUSA
02-20-2012, 08:22 AM
I don't know. Those were before voting started. People are actually voting for Santorum in large numbers. This is starting to look like what McCain pulled off. Scary.The crash either happens in the Spring or in November, but it IS inevitable.

Two words you will never have to say together: President. Santorum.

It simply will NOT happen.

02-20-2012, 08:23 AM
The crash either happens in the Spring or in November, but it IS inevitable.

Oh, he'll never be president. The GOP might lose their mind and nominate him. Santorum would lose 35 maybe 40 states in the general. It would be a historically large loss.

Obama would literally not even need to campaign.

schiffheadbaby
02-20-2012, 08:24 AM

How do you think Rick S is perceived in Pennsylvania? His main selling point is supposedly winning Ohio/Penn. I don't buy it.

02-20-2012, 08:29 AM
How do you think Rick S is perceived in Pennsylvania? His main selling point is supposedly winning Ohio/Penn. I don't buy it.

He lost the senate race here in 06 by 18%, the largest margin in modern history.

He would lose PA in the general by an even larger margin. Pittsburgh and even more so Philly are liberal democrat strongholds.

Santorum would only play well in rural PA and areas with large Catholic populations like Scranton/Wilkes Barre.

Ron took 25% in my county in 08.

No Free Beer
02-20-2012, 08:55 AM
HAHAHHA

Is Santorum going to take this thing?

HAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm sorry, but I find this absolutely absurd. This man is such a liberal bloke. This is what the GOP might possibly produce? The joke is on the GOP!

No Free Beer
02-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Rick Santorum is that kid who sucks at sports during Gym, but somehow manages to be effective.

I hated those kids...

CaptUSA
02-20-2012, 09:03 AM
How do you think Rick S is perceived in Pennsylvania? His main selling point is supposedly winning Ohio/Penn. I don't buy it.Forget the state of Pennsylvania, he'd be lucky to carry his old congressional district! And as far as winning his "hometown", he may squeak it out, but it wouldn't be a landslide.

pauliticalfan
02-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Rick Santorum stars in "From 1 to 45...in Texas."

This primary contest has been the most media-driven freak show I've ever been. They've had to dangle so many "alternatives" in front of voters to distract them from ever even thinking about voting for Ron Paul.

jkob
02-20-2012, 09:10 AM
This country deserves Santorum

rideurlightning
02-20-2012, 09:27 AM

It really does, sadly. What's more sad though, is that we will be the ones cleaning up the shit he or Obama/Romney leaves behind after our country has collapsed.

Tudo
02-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Nice to see Ron supported so well in his own state. MSM may as well just announce Rick as the nominee, it is pretty damn obvious at this point. :rolleyes:

Think i am going to look into that deal Max Keiser mentioned on his show recently. Something about deals other countries are offering like Iceland, where you can pay some deal for full citizenship with guarantees of not getting a US-like Policestate rammed down your throat and economic fascism.

I lived in a communist country in SE Asia and was able to maneuver "rights" that I don't have in the US.

EBounding
02-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Santorum is playing social conservatives like a fiddle. It's obviously been a good strategy for him because no one else has been willing to exploit them like he has.

02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
The latest UT/Texas Tribune internet survey of 800 Texas voters was conducted from Feb. 8-15, and has a margin of error of +/- 3.46 percent. Questions asked only of 371 Republican voters have a margin of error of +/- 5.09 percent; questions of 529 likely voters in general elections have a margin of error of +/- 4.26 percent.

Last poll was taken in October by UT/TT

Santorum 45 (+44)
Gingrich 18 (+10)
Romney 16 (+7)
Paul 14 (+2)

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-politics/2012-presidential-election/santorum-leads-republican-field-texas/

I believe it. Santorum is on fire right now among mainstream Republicans. He's the "anybody."

The thing to watch is that Gingrich is also very strong here, and if he comes up again, he will surpass Santorum in Texas.

rich34
02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
What's bad is it appears Romney really isn't the top choice from the establishment republicans. May be Paul knows this hence their friendly relationship.

libertybrewcity
02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
THIS IS A BUNK POLL:

Only 371 Republicans were polled. This is about the same sample size used for congressional district races. Also, are the voters likely voters or just registered voters? The poll was also conducted over EIGHT DAYS. A lot happens in eight days.

I call BS for good reasons. If they actually polled 800 likely voters just for the primary over a 1-3 day period I would say it is legit. This is not.

James Madison
02-20-2012, 11:56 AM
THIS IS A BUNK POLL:

Only 371 Republicans were polled. This is about the same sample size used for congressional district races. Also, are the voters likely voters or just registered voters? The poll was also conducted over EIGHT DAYS. A lot happens in eight days.

I call BS for good reasons. If they actually polled 800 likely voters just for the primary over a 1-3 day period I would say it is legit. This is not.

The fact that Santorum secures nearly half the vote means that, even with a small-ish sample size, he's still leading the race by a wide margin.

fatjohn
02-20-2012, 12:10 PM

Has there ever been a time that the choice for the best of two evils was so sad as the choice between Obama and Santorum?
Bwahahahaha. I would not shead a tear if the worst of the worst happens to the santorum supporters. They truly deserve all the misery they will get.

buck000
02-20-2012, 12:37 PM

Or even santorum.

I'd rather have santorum for President than Santorum, or anyone but Dr. Paul, for that matter.

Just prop a big icky bag of it on the podium, and have the press secretary 'interpret'.

;)

Keith and stuff
02-20-2012, 12:52 PM

Reason had a recent article about that. Just get your $250,000 together :)
http://reason.com/blog/2012/02/17/citizenship-sale-kitts-seasteading

puppetmaster
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0imqLFtPk4s

We Americans are smart people

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/santorum-boasts-of-funding-planned-parenthood/

Gravik
02-20-2012, 05:00 PM
The ****? Paul in last in Texas? Something isn't right here.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/poll-santorum-has-big-texas-lead-114988.html

alucard13mmfmj
02-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I think not winning homestate will be disasterous for us and theres no way we can explain our way out of it >.<

Is everyone in this country suddenly turning into a bible thumper? lol

robertwerden
02-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Rick needs a major scandal. I think that is the only way to crush his lead.

Gravik
02-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Well, when you look at the big picture, Texas has brought us George W. Bush, Rick Perry, and Rep. Lamar Smith, aka the SOPA author.

But I agree, Ron Paul NEEDS to win Texas. Lots of delegates at stake (155)

sailingaway
02-20-2012, 05:05 PM
I think not winning homestate will be disasterous for us and theres no way we can explain our way out of it >.<

Is everyone in this country suddenly turning into a bible thumper? lol

sure there is. Ron does better outside the Bible belt. It was amusing with Bachmann in the race that we had a good shot at winning her home state and she had a good shot at winning Ron's....

Ron could have been a Senator any time he wanted to, if he had wanted to move.

Gravik
02-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Also, title should be rechanged. It isn't the PPP poll.

"Texas Tribune reports on its poll with the University of Texas:"

SCOTUSman
02-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Irrelevant as posts merged.

freeforall
02-20-2012, 05:09 PM
It's interesting that Gingrich said on Fox News Sunday that it would be devasting to any campaign to not win their home state. Seems like the latest spin.

colbyhowell
02-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Austin is a Ron Paul city. The rest of Texas not so much. I wish I could explain why but it's still Rino county around here. Bush-loving, fox-watching sheep. I'm trying my best down here but until we get a fair shake from the media, this is how it's always going to be. But we def aren't going to get last. I bet the farm on it.

truthspeaker
02-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Texas is heavy on social conservatives. Don't be shocked that Paul doesn't get first in Texas. Last time he got 3rd.

I'm not surprised about Santorum.

Also the Catholic Church is on a crusade. They are still hoping mad about the medical mandate and they're asking people to vote. They are not saying Santorum, necessarily, but he's the one social conservatives are turning to. They're riding the political wave.

The good news is that Paul seems to be their 2nd pick out of everyone I've talked to. It is his foreign policy that makes social conservatives skeptical. 14% is something we can easily overtake. All we need is 2nd for Texas.

The only problem is if Texas delegate system changes last minute. At this rate, it looks very likely considering the redistricting debacle.

Keith and stuff
02-20-2012, 05:23 PM

This is Texas we are talking about. Paul got last in 2008 and he has been near or in last place in all of the polls this time.

2008 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Republican_primary,_2008
other polls http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/tx/texas_republican_presidential_primary-1598.html

Brett85
02-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Has there ever been a time that the choice for the best of two evils was so sad as the choice between Obama and Santorum?

I was wondering the same thing. How could you get a choice that's worse than that? I certainly wouldn't vote for either one, but I don't know who I would even want to win deep down inside. That's really a major statement coming from me, because I've always been a party line Republican who even voted for McCain in 2008.

alucard13mmfmj
02-20-2012, 05:55 PM
So is every campaign and every PAC attacking Santorum now?

PaulConventionWV
02-20-2012, 06:29 PM

Very annoying and disconcerting that it's even gotten this far, though. We'll have to take solace in the fact that every time the man opens his mouth he turns off any undecided in earshot and proves to independents that he isn't the man for them.

If this is true, how is he leading in the polls? You don't lead in the polls and turn off every undecided within earshot. I think it's just the sad state of our nation that people like him for what he believes.

kathy88
02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
lol, Santorum on top ? who would have thought about this in december. ok, maybe some people did !

Of course he's on top. Doggy style is not God's will. But only for procreation.

WD-NY
02-20-2012, 06:37 PM
So is every campaign and every PAC attacking Santorum now?

They better be.

It's once again time for Ron to go nuclear on a 'not-romney'... Santorum has left the reservation with his social issue demagoguing - which has made even Newt say "wtf?" - and as a result, has set himself up on a silver platter for Ron to crush with a serial hypocrisy type ad.

The only caveat with crushing Santo is that this time, the campaign needs to be ready to fill in the power vacuum that Santorum's crash will undoubtedly create. I could easily see all the social conservatives that have drifted from one not-romney to the next simply drift right on back to Gingrich if Ron & Co. doesn't tighten up their act, get ALPHA straight up call out the religious right for their lack of support (in the most persuasive language possible of course)

Tightening up their act = FORMAL SPEECHES that lay out Ron Paul's views on domestic, foreign and economic policy in the most persuasive, clear and coherent language possible.

No Free Beer
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/02/poll-santorum-has-big-texas-lead-114988.html

It's very right.

It's also sad.

andrew1229649
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Shhh.... let Santorum win, it will provoke further action.

Gravik
02-21-2012, 12:36 AM
What is up with this bull****?

http://d2o6nd3dubbyr6.cloudfront.net/media/images/TxTrib-Inside-Intel.067.png

AngryCanadian
02-21-2012, 12:50 AM
What is up with this bull****?

http://d2o6nd3dubbyr6.cloudfront.net/media/images/TxTrib-Inside-Intel.067.png
Lol Santorum with a 51% lead? sorry i am not buying it.

AngryCanadian
02-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Shhh.... let Santorum win, it will provoke further action.

A Santorum win is a win for Religious Nuts no offense meant.

Gravik
02-21-2012, 01:35 AM
It's a win for all the bible thumping, right wing religious nuts.

Ironhide
02-21-2012, 01:35 AM
If Santorum wins it will be the end of the John Hagee style Evangelical religious right. Personally I think this will be the last election the Evangelicals have any political sway. If we have another 4 years of Obama or a Neoconservative Republican the Evangelicals will be finished, they are already hemmoraging members like never before. The more members they loose the stronger we become, being a Christian myself I am not against Christianity but rather what the Evangelicals have turned Christianity into. To bad we did not throw that traitorous wolf in sheep's clothing Billy Graham out of the country in the 50's. He was the one that built and laid the foundation for the Evangelical religious right.

James Madison
02-21-2012, 01:49 AM

Correction: A Santorum win is a win for Pharisees. Offense meant.:D

James Madison
02-21-2012, 01:52 AM
If Santorum wins it will be the end of the John Hagee style Evangelical religious right. Personally I think this will be the last election the Evangelicals have any political sway. If we have another 4 years of Obama or a Neoconservative Republican the Evangelicals will be finished, they are already hemmoraging members like never before. The more members they loose the stronger we become, being a Christian myself I am not against Christianity but rather what the Evangelicals have turned Christianity into. To bad we did not throw that traitorous wolf in sheep's clothing Billy Graham out of the country in the 50's. He was the one that built and laid the foundation for the Evangelical religious right.

For posterity's sake...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1sx_93EoE

Gravik
02-21-2012, 02:23 AM
More bullshit from this poll:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/417530_277738448962011_100001775743854_681178_2428 41747_n.jpg

BamaAla
02-21-2012, 03:37 AM
I thought Santorum's jump from 1% to 23% in my state was quite the accomplishment; looks like that was child's play.

realtonygoodwin
02-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Well, no surprises here. Someday the fine folks here will stop being shocked by the fact that the guy who has won the most states is the guy leading in the polls. Victories tend to do that for a campaign.

jmdrake
02-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Oh, he'll never be president. The GOP might lose their mind and nominate him. Santorum would lose 35 maybe 40 states in the general. It would be a historically large loss.

Obama would literally not even need to campaign.

I hate to say it. But a Santorum nomination is the only thing that would make me even consider voting for Obama. (ewwwwww) Romney is basically the white Obama so if it came down to those two I would just vote third party.