PDA

View Full Version : Poll: PPP Michigan 2/19 San 37%, Rom 33% Paul 15% Ging 10%

rp2012win
02-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Paul in 3rd in Michigan. http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_MI_219.pdf

BrittanySligar
02-19-2012, 09:35 PM
I'l take it

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-19-2012, 09:36 PM
We need to crush Santorum's momentum before we start getting into a lot of the Midwestern States.

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 09:37 PM
They tweeted that something like 36% might still change their minds. I wish they wouldn't poll, because people tend to break towards those they see in front, and Ron hasn't made his move yet.

PublicPolicyPolling @ppppolls
36% of voters in Michigan might still change their minds, so a still wide variety of potential outcomes: http://t.co/cgiGae1U

rp2012win
02-19-2012, 09:38 PM
I'l take it!hey did you ever get my youtube video of the fox news vid showing paul with a ceiling of 27%? Are you going to compile all of them and make a vid?

joshnorris14
02-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Up 3%

BrittanySligar
02-19-2012, 09:39 PM
hey did you ever get my youtube video of the fox news vid showing paul with a ceiling of 27%? Are you going to compile all of them and make a vid?

They're hard to find! It's not like you can just search youtube for "ron paul 10% ceiling" and find clips of people saying it.. It would take some SERIOUS digging.. if people could remember specific times, that would help a lot. I think bill-o has said it once or twice.. as has Levin on his radio show, IIRC.

Epic
02-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Paul wins among those who FAVORED the auto bailout. WTF.

Paul or not at all
02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
We got this nomination locked up!

rp2012win
02-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Paul wins among those who FAVORED the auto bailout. WTF.Paul has a very unorthodox coalition and probably always will. Although in this case it's probably just a general lack of understanding by the voters. Paul would have let the market determine the fate of the autos

kah13176
02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
We got this nomination locked up!

Rose colored glasses much?

seawolf
02-19-2012, 10:25 PM
When is Ron going to Michigan to Campaign across the State?

joshnorris14
02-19-2012, 10:28 PM

25th-27th.

GraspingForPeace
02-19-2012, 10:29 PM

I think MSU has a slot for him on the 27th, but haven't heard anything else. I assume since Paul isn't polling badly there he will want to campaign there.

BUSHLIED
02-19-2012, 11:30 PM
They're hard to find! It's not like you can just search youtube for "ron paul 10% ceiling" and find clips of people saying it.. It would take some SERIOUS digging.. if people could remember specific times, that would help a lot. I think bill-o has said it once or twice.. as has Levin on his radio show, IIRC.

well i would stick with FOX and CNN...particularly in the lead up to Iowa...perhaps in Nov Dec...maybe the sunday morning talk shows during those months

J_White
02-19-2012, 11:32 PM
I dont want to see any more 4ths
but there is a debate coming, right ? Grinch would probably get a boost from it !

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 11:37 PM
From cross tabs (and another thread) Ron has not only gone up in the poll 3 points, his favorables have gone up TEN points.... so there is room for growth in Michigan, and he hasn't even gone there yet.

Vet_from_cali
02-19-2012, 11:43 PM
dat dere strong standings

kpitcher
02-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Paul would have let the market determine the fate of the autos
The auto companies went through bankruptcy. That's pretty market driven. Yes the gov't did back some loan promises so it wasn't a pure and simple bankruptcy, and the unions had extra favorable deals. It really seems like Michigan should have stepped up to the plate instead of the Feds - except the state is about broke too.

AlexG
02-19-2012, 11:51 PM
We need to crush Santorum's momentum before we start getting into a lot of the Midwestern States.

Not going to happen. How many times did we try to squash Newt and Santorum's momentum? The media keeps bringing them back.

coffeewithchess
02-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Not going to happen. How many times did we try to squash Newt and Santorum's momentum? The media keeps bringing them back.

The campaign has a pretty good Santorum ad, the problem is that the campaign didn't have the ad until AFTER Iowa...which was too late. If the campaign had buried Santorum in Iowa, like they did Perry and what happened to Bachmann, Santorum would be with them now.

playpianoking
02-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Do we want Gingrich to drop out? That momentum would just add to Santorum and likely would overtake Romney to become the nominee.

happyphilter
02-20-2012, 01:44 AM
Do we want Gingrich to drop out? That momentum would just add to Santorum and likely would overtake Romney to become the nominee. I'd want him to stay. He takes votes from Santorum and also is an animal. He is always knocking Romney and maybe he will shift some focus to Santorum as well. It also helps our efforts in a brokered convention scenario.

Student Of Paulism
02-20-2012, 02:20 AM
I'd want him to stay. He takes votes from Santorum and also is an animal. He is always knocking Romney and maybe he will shift some focus to Santorum as well. It also helps our efforts in a brokered convention scenario.

I really don't get how people come to this conclusion that Gingrich taking votes from someone else, helps us at all. So yea, Santorum loses votes and then Newt gains them again, and Ron just stays at the bottom :rolleyes:

Gingrich is finished and can stay in all he likes, he isn't going to be the nominee, so he is just nothing more but filler right now. He will go back into the shithole he crawled out of soon enough.

But honestly, Ron's biggest flaw while campaigning is not catering to each individual state's needs. So when he goes to MI, is he just going to give the same general speech again? Will he mention anything about the Auto Industry and other things specific to MI? Welp, Santorum sure is, and whether or not he is kissing up or whatever, it's irrelevant, the fact is, he IS doing it. How many speeches and events you do mean nothing, if you aren't SAYING the right things to certain groups/states and showing your support for them. Uhhhg.

I just don't see how it can't be anymore obvious where this is going. Newt is done, Romney can't get enough of the party insiders to back him and he is just their emergency choice, and Ron is always dubbed as the 'fringe' guy, with Santorum being the viable the anti-establishment false prophet, because too many people in this country have shit for brains. However you want to slice it, nothing is being done to reach out to certain demographics, and this is where Santorum has excelled lately. There was plenty of time to knock Santorum down and not enough was done. Everyone wants to keep depending on Newt and Mitt to do that, and it obviously isn't working.

I love what Ron said about Rick on Crowley's show earlier, about his record being 'atrocious' and he didn't downplay a single thing about him. I love what he said in Washington, about 'i want to be President because..' (he never talks like that enough), but a much strong offensive tactic should have been done long ago. The future looks dark and grim, and Ron seems to worry more about being too mean or sounding 'nasty' instead. The campaign just never wants to understand (and neither does Ron) that the masses (the sheep) like that sorta thing. They like fireworks, shit flinging, controversy, etc. No, im not saying Ron needs to be Newt, but mild dose of it would help here and there. After all, it was why Newt won SC. Imagine Ron getting fired up like Newt did, but with his messages of truth instead and blasting the others for the endless lies and horrendous records they have.

Philosophy_of_Politics
02-20-2012, 02:21 AM
We want them as out of the race as early as possible. The less candidates their is in the race, the less places there is to hide those "misplaced" votes as well. Also, with less in the race, it's easier to focus our rebuttals/attacks/energy. Focus-Firing is generally ineffective when you have 2 bogies assisting him.

The_Ruffneck
02-20-2012, 02:35 AM
Paul wins among those who FAVORED the auto bailout. WTF.
maybe they just realise it is high taxation that is killing those industries

parocks
02-20-2012, 03:18 AM

And when we squashed one of their momentum, typically one of the others got their votes. So, if those 3 are roughly balanced, we only worry about them if one is running away with it. It costs money to run negative ads. Might want to think a little more about getting votes.