PDA

View Full Version : When asked about the debate exchange with Rudy

MsDoodahs
05-17-2007, 11:25 PM
When someone asks me about the whole debate exchange, I'm going to use a comment I read somewhere today (can't recall where). I'm going to ask them if they taught their children that actions have consequences, or not.

If they say yes, then I'll say "Would you please go teach that concept to Benito G, because he STILL doesn't understand that concept."

If they say NO...I'll walk away. :eek:

:)

JoshLowry
05-17-2007, 11:34 PM
When someone asks me about the whole debate exchange, I'm going to use a comment I read somewhere today (can't recall where). I'm going to ask them if they taught their children that actions have consequences, or not.

If they say yes, then I'll say "Would you please go teach that concept to Benito G, because he STILL doesn't understand that concept."

If they say NO...I'll walk away. :eek:

:)

That's a good way of putting it MsDoodahs!

By the way, not everyone knows Benito G. You might want to speak in laymans terms for the guests who might be viewing your thread. Just a suggestion on keeping things simple. :o

That would be Rudy Giuliani for those wondering.

tekkierich
05-17-2007, 11:38 PM
I do not like the trend I read here calling him Benito Giuliani. I agree that some of what he is for would be draconian, but I think the use of names here is not helpful.

Lets elevate this debate and talk issues. I don't think Dr. Paul will have any problem knocking his opponents out of the park if he is given the chance, with out name calling.

MsDoodahs
05-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Dr. Paul ISN'T calling Rudy names.

I AM.

:D

tekkierich
05-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Ms Doodahs,

You are ofcourse free to do as you wish. However, I think our argument will be most powerful for Dr. Paul if we stick to the same level of dicorium in debate and conversation that the good Doc himself does.
Issues matter, and we have them on our side. Lets use them.

vertesc
05-18-2007, 12:57 AM
When people mention the debate, I usually say that I used to be a McCain/Giuliani undecided, until they embarrassed themselves, by showing a 5-year-old level understanding of a complex international conflict. Giuliani, refusing to discuss the mainstream industry view of 911, and McCain, going around telling us that they're fighting us because "they're evil". Even Disney villains are more complex than that!

Anne
05-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Ms Doodahs,

You are ofcourse free to do as you wish. However, I think our argument will be most powerful for Dr. Paul if we stick to the same level of dicorium in debate and conversation that the good Doc himself does.
Issues matter, and we have them on our side. Lets use them.

You should also take into account, though, that taking ourselves and them too seriously doesn't help anything. This whole process is so surreal sometimes and so wild that making up cute names for the opponents is a release. I don't see anything wrong with it. That's why I call Giuliani "Ghouliani."

If that's immature, then so be it. I'm sure Ghouliani has been called worse! :rolleyes:

Seadeus
05-18-2007, 02:41 AM
My nickname for Rudy is "Vampire".

PennCustom4RP
05-18-2007, 02:45 AM
One could also state, as Isaac Newton did well before the term 'Blowback' came into being...'For every action, there is an equal yet opposite reaction'...Its basic Physics.

Korey Kaczynski
05-18-2007, 04:15 AM
I do not like the trend I read here calling him Benito Giuliani. I agree that some of what he is for would be draconian, but I think the use of names here is not helpful.

Lets elevate this debate and talk issues. I don't think Dr. Paul will have any problem knocking his opponents out of the park if he is given the chance, with out name calling.

I usually agree, but Benito Giuliani is too funny to ignore :)

ronpaulitician
05-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I never agree with namecalling. Ever.

Resorting to namecalling, however funny you think it may be, shows a weakness in your argument.

That's not to say I don't fall victim to it myself. Just two days ago, I created a transcript of the Rudy vs Ron part of the debate (actual transcript wasn't posted yet) and posted it. I was still so emotional from the actual debate that I put one or two snide little comments in between the actual dialogue to depict Rudy's thoughts. That allowed Paul critics to focus on those snide comments instead of one the actual words.