PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that...

derdy
11-13-2007, 12:48 AM
Missouri delegates aren't a big issue in MO because they are all bound?

ShowMeLiberty
11-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Missouri delegates aren't a big issue in MO because they are all bound?

That's how I understand it after doing some research. Whichever Republican wins the popular vote also wins all of MO's Republican delegates.

I'd say that here in MO our biggest issue right now is getting out there and making sure people really know about Ron Paul, not just what comes out of the MSM.

ShowMeLiberty
11-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Missouri:

58 Total Delegates: 27 Congressional District & 31 At Large
Format: Primary/Caucus/Convention
Delegates Bound for 1 Ballot
Primary: TBD
Local Caucuses: TBD
District Conventions: TBD
Winner-take-all State Convention: TBD

Congressional district delegates are elected by congressional district caucuses, and at-large delegates are elected by the state convention. Delegates are allocated on a winner-take-all basis to the presidential candidate receiving the most votes statewide in the primary.

----------------------------
I found the above at h ttp://www.republicansource.com/states/missouri.htm

It is current as of sometime in 2006.

LinearChaos
11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
We seem to have it pretty easy. I registered R just in case, and everyone else should as well.

Nice to see another person from STL area representin! :D

CCTelander
11-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Missouri:

58 Total Delegates: 27 Congressional District & 31 At Large
Format: Primary/Caucus/Convention
Delegates Bound for 1 Ballot
Primary: TBD
Local Caucuses: TBD
District Conventions: TBD
Winner-take-all State Convention: TBD

Congressional district delegates are elected by congressional district caucuses, and at-large delegates are elected by the state convention. Delegates are allocated on a winner-take-all basis to the presidential candidate receiving the most votes statewide in the primary.

----------------------------
I found the above at h ttp://www.republicansource.com/states/missouri.htm

It is current as of sometime in 2006.

I'm not sure about this, but from what I've been reading around the forums that "Bound for 1 Ballot" means that MO delegates are only required to vote for the state primary winner in the first vote at the national convention. After that it seems they are free to vote for whomever they like.

If that's the case, then we definitelt do need as many committed RP supporters as we can get elected as delegates.

Like I said, I'm not absolutely sure on that, but that's the way it looks to me.

Black Dude
12-12-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm not sure about this, but from what I've been reading around the forums that "Bound for 1 Ballot" means that MO delegates are only required to vote for the state primary winner in the first vote at the national convention. After that it seems they are free to vote for whomever they like.

If that's the case, then we definitelt do need as many committed RP supporters as we can get elected as delegates.

Like I said, I'm not absolutely sure on that, but that's the way it looks to me.

That's how I understand it too. So what do we do to become delegates? Where do we go and when? Is it already too late?

Kingfisher
12-12-2007, 06:46 AM
bump

BlueCalico
12-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Delegate process -
1. We need at least 4,247 Ron Paul Supporters in Missouri to act as delegates in the County caucuses to be held March 15. (2,137 Delegates PLUS an additional 2,137 as "alternate" back-up Delegates). We need 4,274 Missouri Ron Paul supporters to sign up as soon as possible! Most of you will only be a delegate to vote for other Ron Paul supporters to go to the State & National conventions. WE NEED YOU TO VOTE FOR US!
2. Of those 4,247, we need at least 58 Ron Paul supporters to commit to go to Branson, Missouri for the State Convention in April. If you cannot go to Branson, then as a County delegate you will VOTE FOR Ron Paul supporters to go! We need an additional 58 to attend "District Caucuses" in your area.
3. Of those 116, we need 27 RP supporters (PLUS 27 alternates) to commit to go to Minneapolis for the National Convention in September. We only have a few committed so far (I am one of them). Again, if you cannot go to Minneapolis, then as a State Delegate you will VOTE FOR Ron Paul supporters to go!

Even if Ron Paul does not win the Missouri Primary, WE NEED DELEGATES! Here's why:
1. If another candidate wins Missouri but later drops out of the race, County Delegates get to vote for another candidate (RP Delegates will ALL vote for Ron Paul).
2. If another candidate wins Missouri but there is a "tie" vote at the State Convention, State Delegates get to vote for another candidate (RP Delegates again will all get to vote for Ron Paul!)
3. If a majority of State Delegate votes are for Ron Paul, according to the rules, then ALL MISSOURI DELEGATES HAVE TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL in Minneapolis & he will WIN MISSOURI!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you would like to be a Missouri delegate and HELP RON PAUL WIN MISSOURI, call or email me as soon as possible so I can put your name on the list.

Thanks! :)

Deb Wells, 816-878-7453
Chairwoman, Western Missouri Ron Paul Friends USA
Organizer, Western MO MeetUp - http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1324/