PDA

View Full Version : General Ford Names Jon Huntsman to Board of Directors

rockerrockstar
02-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Ford Names Jon Huntsman to Board of Directors. Can you believe it?

http://corporate.ford.com/news-center/press-releases-detail/pr-ford-names-jon-huntsman-to-board-35970

LibertyEagle
02-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Sure. Why not?

Mark37snj
02-19-2012, 06:36 AM
The masters threw him a scrap from their table for being such an obedient servent. ;) His political connections in foreign countries will probably be his main focus.

LibertyEagle
02-19-2012, 07:00 AM
This is reaching, guys. I can understand why a company would want an ex-Ambassador to China on their board. It makes perfect business sense.

Mark37snj
02-19-2012, 07:24 AM
This is reaching, guys. I can understand why a company would want an ex-Ambassador to China on their board. It makes perfect business sense.

Yeah I think it was a business move for Ford. But I think it's also the old sacrifice one for the team and get 30K an hour on the lecture tour senario. If Ford wants to expand their sales overseas then Huntsman would be a good asset so he will probably be focusing on his political connection overseas to help Ford.

bluesc
02-19-2012, 07:32 AM

True. My uncle works for Goldman Sachs. He was a mid-level employee for a subsidiary in Asia. When he returned he was immediately appointed Executive Director, Asian Equities and represented Goldman Sachs interests in the Asian market and the roundtable discussions between the big banking corporations. He is now a Managing Director for Goldman Sachs.

Seriously guys, experience in Asia, especially when you have links to industry there, makes you invaluable. Huntsman was never "owned" by Ford :rolleyes:

Mark37snj
02-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Seriously guys, experience in Asia, especially when you have links to industry there, makes you invaluable. Huntsman was never "owned" by Ford :rolleyes:

Did I miss a post? Who was claiming that? Die Strawman Die

bluesc
02-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Did I miss a post? Who was claiming that? Die Strawman Die

I was preempting the three page long discussion that will follow.

It was also partially directed at you for the servant comment. This post almost certainly had nothing to do with compensation for some sort of service to the special interests.

Mark37snj
02-19-2012, 08:05 AM
I was preempting the three page long discussion that will follow.

It was also partially directed at you for the servant comment. This post almost certainly had nothing to do with compensation for some sort of service to the special interests.

Preempting can be fun. Huntsman knew he wasn't going anywhere. He skipped Iowa and focused on NH and mainly dug into Paul's numbers. He did it just to further his career and help the GOP stop Paul. Back room deals, winks, nudges, no one knows for certain the who/what/where/how/why but we know it happens. I think we should get at least 2 pages before you preempt us, gotta let us have our fun. :p

bluesc
02-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Preempting can be fun. Huntsman knew he wasn't going anywhere. He skipped Iowa and focused on NH and mainly dug into Paul's numbers. He did it just to further his career and help the GOP stop Paul. Back room deals, winks, nudges, no one knows for certain the who/what/where/how/why but we know it happens. I think we should get at least 2 pages before you preempt us, gotta let us have our fun. :p

His compensation will come in 2016. He is certainly owed by the GOP, and they all seem to love him.

Ford's interests are genuinely in the Asian markets though. Not-so-coincidentally, they announced a plan to hugely expand sales in China last year.

Mark37snj
02-19-2012, 08:14 AM
His compensation will come in 2016. He is certainly owed by the GOP, and they all seem to love him.

HIM 2016?...:eek:...I think I would rather have the dollar collapse and end up with a King.

bluesc
02-19-2012, 08:19 AM
HIM 2016?...:eek:...I think I would rather have the dollar collapse and end up with a King.

His Royal Majesty King Paul I sounds about right. Or General Paul, Supreme Leader.

Let's build a dynasty. Prince Paul I, who occupies the now defunct US Senate chambers. Matt Collins, the Court Jester.

Yes.

Mark37snj
02-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Matt Collins, the Court Jester.

OH your going to hell for that one. :D

matt0611
02-19-2012, 09:12 AM
The masters threw him a scrap from their table for being such an obedient servent. ;) His political connections in foreign countries will probably be his main focus.

Yup this. Exactly this.