PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Winter Wear?

Santana28
11-13-2007, 12:38 AM
Okay, a silly idea struck me the other day when i was out trudging in the cold gathering petitions.

I've noticed that there are a gazillion Ron Paul supporter T-shirts out there... but none of that matters when you're wearing a coat over top of it. I've looked around and i'm not finding many Ron Paul winter clothing options... and we know how important it is to be seen wearing your Ron Paul stuff!

I was thinking of getting a small run of hoodies and maybe zip-ups screenprinted to sell on ebay or something and donate the profits on the 16th. I could get these done fairly cheaply and fast and high quality....

So my question is this - What should be on the shirts? You vote, and i'll get this going :)

jmunjr
11-13-2007, 12:47 AM
Slap a bumper sticker on your parka..

Santana28
11-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Slap a bumper sticker on your parka..

Done that. But i have long hair and it gets hidden beneath it all :) And i don't know how many people will take you seriously when you're knocking on doors with bumper stickers pasted all over your back...LOL

Jobarra
11-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I noticed that at the store last night. I had to buy a t-shirt since I wanted SOMETHING other than a hat to wear while I drive up to Tulsa next Saturday for family thanksgiving vacation. I imagine it's going to be a bit cold by then, but I may catch a break. The only sweatshirt I've seen is the one advertising the teaparty, which I would LOVE to get, but I doubt the store place would ship it to me in time since I think they make all of those as the orders come in. Actually, hope the stuff I ordered yesterday gets here by Friday :/

NewEnd
11-13-2007, 01:02 AM
umbrella!! its been mentioned before, I want one!

twister5400
11-13-2007, 01:05 AM
a RP Revolution logo beanie for skiing on the mountain would be kool

Corydoras
11-13-2007, 01:16 AM
I could go for something that says that he's running FOR PRESIDENT.

Benaiah
11-13-2007, 01:28 AM
just wear long sleeved long johns under the t-shirt.

McDermit
11-13-2007, 01:49 AM
just wear long sleeved long johns under the t-shirt.

That won't fly up north though. When it's negative degrees out, you need a coat. Or a hoodie if you're brave and only gonna be out for a little bit.

McDermit
11-13-2007, 01:53 AM
a RP Revolution logo beanie for skiing on the mountain would be kool
The ex had some made up as gifts for our most active meetup dudes. And I know she's selling some at the next meetup, but she'll probably end up putting all the leftovers on ebay. first ron paul revolution beanie on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/Ron-Paul-for-President-black-red-REVOLUTION-Beanie-Hat_W0QQitemZ270186334993QQihZ017QQcategoryZ39723Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Santana28
11-13-2007, 02:05 AM
wow, i'm really surprised so many people are suggesting i just save my money instead of go with this.

my reasoning is 1) helps supporters stay visible during the cold months, 2) provides a way for me to donate more $$, 3) allows other people (who may or may not have maxed out) to still contribute $ to the campaign while also getting something in return.

and i'd donate 100% of the profit to the campaign... sooo.....

just saying

McDermit
11-13-2007, 02:08 AM
I'd rather see someone who has maxed out take up efforts like this... but maybe that's just me.

We maxed out 7 family members (between the ex and I) before we started having random merch printed up. (Only exception were yard signs and pens... but we weren't selling anything, we were using it ourselves and giving the stuff away)

krott5333
11-13-2007, 02:10 AM
I ordered the navy blue hoodie from here:
http://shirtmall.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=2638

their prices are tough to beat, especially when buying in bulk. And I like that the hoodie is 50% polyester, it wont shrink as much.

Bodhi
11-13-2007, 02:26 AM
We should encourage the ronpaul2008.com site to offer winter gear. That way you can get the gear you want to spread the message and add to the fundraising at the same time.

MadEmperor
11-13-2007, 02:47 AM
I want a RonPaul hoodie

Corydoras
11-13-2007, 02:48 AM
The site that Krott linked to above pretty much satisfies any wish I have for a hoodie or sweatshirt.

McDermit
11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
The site that Krott linked to above pretty much satisfies any wish I have for a hoodie or sweatshirt.

The blue ones would probably be decent. I wish there was more info listed as to the brand/quality though. I hate the thin cheapo ones. :o