PDA

View Full Version : RP needs 500k By Monday. How can we get more donations, lets do this!!

Lord Xar
02-18-2012, 07:41 PM
So, we need to hit 2million by Monday.

How can we achieve this. Can we get this promoted on DailyPaul too!! We need to push to get that extra bit...

Sentinelrv
02-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Tell Doug Wead to get a meter up on the ticker. There needs to be a visible goal everyone is striving to reach.

arisenagain
02-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I'll get my neighbor to donate another $200 tonight. I'm maxed out :(

ryanmkeisling
02-18-2012, 07:47 PM
I'll throw down another $50.

Paulatized
02-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, this has been on my mind all day, trying to think of what might work.

CJLauderdale4
02-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Campaign needs another email alert, telling us all to double-down for Super Tuesday push!!!
I'll throw down another $50...

Sentinelrv
02-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Tell Doug Wead to get a meter up on the ticker. There needs to be a visible goal everyone is striving to reach.

Nevermind, I sent Doug an email about this. Hopefully he reads it in time.

Article V
02-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Yep, the Ron Paul campaign keeps lowering the bar. First they wanted $3 Million in a day, then they extended the moneybomb till Friday to get the $3 Million, now they extend it through Monday and cut a full $1 Million off the goal. As much as I hate to say it, by comparison, this moneybomb has become a limbo stick of embarrassment.

Sure wish the campaign and the grassroots would make room for some of the advice from the naysayers. We really can't keep up the same tactics and hope for different results. We need a dramatic shift now! It's my belief that we should:

1) thank the high spirits of the optimistic supporters,
2) empathize with concerns of the pessimistic supporters,
3) learn from the wisdom of the cynical supporters,
4) imagine through the creativity of the idealistic supporters, and
5) channel all that collective knowledge using the productivity of the realistic supporters.

We can achieve victory, but it will take ALL of us to get there. Let's make more room at the table for the pessimists and cynics. We're long overdue in giving them the talking stick, and there's a lot to be learned from them as long as we use the optimists and idealists for balance and the realists as a guiding marker so we don't get lost for too long.

cornell
02-18-2012, 08:41 PM
They should probably clear the ticker and add a new one with a goal of 1m. Maybe a new graphic too

kathy88
02-18-2012, 08:47 PM
I still think they should call it "HERE'S Waldo."

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 11:21 PM
I agree. We need to redouble getting the word out. Ron has a very expensive stretch coming up to March 10 and I think the campaign was practically running on fumes lately. Note there is are no ads running, anywhere.

doctorfunk
02-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Yep, the Ron Paul campaign keeps lowering the bar. First they wanted $3 Million in a day, then they extended the moneybomb till Friday to get the $3 Million, now they extend it through Monday and cut a full $1 Million off the goal. As much as I hate to say it, by comparison, this moneybomb has become a limbo stick of embarrassment.

Sure wish the campaign and the grassroots would make room for some of the advice from the naysayers. We really can't keep up the same tactics and hope for different results. We need a dramatic shift now! It's my belief that we should:

5) channel all that collective knowledge using the productivity of the realistic supporters.

We can achieve victory, but it will take ALL of us to get there. Let's make more room at the table for the pessimists and cynics. We're long overdue in giving them the talking stick, and there's a lot to be learned from them as long as we use the optimists and idealists for balance and the realists as a guiding marker so we don't get lost for too long.
Very good post. I also think that there's moneybombs for everything now so they all lose the impact that they used to have. And I think they could be promoted by the campaign better. We need to get the word out to everybody who's IDed as a supporter, attented a rally, or registered with any internet forum or facebook group supporting RP. People want to get in on a record, let's wait a little while before the next one and push for a huge number by leveraging every resource possible.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Very good post. I also think that there's moneybombs for everything now so they all lose the impact that they used to have. And I think they could be promoted by the campaign better. We need to get the word out to everybody who's IDed as a supporter, attented a rally, or registered with any internet forum or facebook group supporting RP. People want to get in on a record, let's wait a little while before the next one and push for a huge number by leveraging every resource possible.

except that he needs the money NOW, badly.

doctorfunk
02-18-2012, 11:41 PM
except that he needs the money NOW, badly.
You can either have a bunch of mini money bombs to keep the campaign going or big ones every once in a while. I would agree that they need money before super tuesday, but people around here seem to love the idea of monster money bombs and they aren't going to happen when they happen every other week.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 11:42 PM
You can either have a bunch of mini money bombs to keep the campaign going or big ones every once in a while. I would agree that they need money before super tuesday, but people around here seem to love the idea of monster money bombs and they aren't going to happen when they happen every other week.

He needs the money. We can worry about optics after March 10, imho.

pacelli
02-18-2012, 11:51 PM
I know something was said about mending fences. Wondering if contacting Trevor Lyman to engage his 07-08 email lists would be helpful. Maybe if someone knows him, they can ask.

seawolf
02-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Ron needs to make a personal video appeal to the RP Grassroots, like he did thru out the 2007-2008 Campaign.

I know he hates to ask for money via video, but that will have an immediate effect!!!

Actually, the NOPB Money Bomb has had quite a bit of staying power. $952,345 on Day 1 and has averaged $153,000 each day from Day 2 thru Day 5. $1.56 Million raised in 5 days without the Campaign having a Victory to show for, going 0 - 9 so far, really is not bad at all.

A Maine Victory would have been huge, but was not in the cards....

walt
02-19-2012, 07:42 AM
I agree. We need to redouble getting the word out. Ron has a very expensive stretch coming up to March 10 and I think the campaign was practically running on fumes lately. Note there is are no ads running, anywhere.

If it needs $2 million to work for 20 days without any ads, there is something very, very wrong and money is being wasted on salaries of people incapable of turning out the vote.

Try laying off some people and ditching the private jet....

Liberty74
02-19-2012, 07:50 AM
It's about the campaign asking for the donations. I bet Ron could have raised another million or more in the last few days if he simply asked all those at the rallies to please consider donating at ronpaul2012.com but he hardly asks for their vote so I doubt he would ask for money.

cheapseats
02-19-2012, 09:55 AM
It's about the campaign asking for the donations. I bet Ron could have raised another million or more in the last few days if he simply asked all those at the rallies to please consider donating at ronpaul2012.com but he hardly asks for their vote so I doubt he would ask for money.

One-name-like-a-star Hillary included a plug for HILLARY DOT COM in every speech that graced prime-time, even during her TALKING TO US LIKE SECOND GRADERS period.

cheapseats
02-19-2012, 10:10 AM
This won't help on Monday but, between SIGNIFICANCE OF MOMENTUM and TROUBLE WITH GURLZ, perhaps fundraising AND fence-mending lay in post-rally Sadie Hawkins dances.

pacelli
02-19-2012, 10:15 AM

Good point. 12,000 people total at those rallies? I don't think I've ever heard Ron advertise his campaign's website during this election cycle. Couldn't one of his surrogates plug the damned website at one of these supporter rallies or during an interview?

Hell, having Ron say "donate at RonPaul2012.com" would have more of an effect than the ghostwritten emails with his name on them, or any amount of online fundraising we could do in this short of a timespan.

cheapseats
02-19-2012, 11:46 AM
If it needs $2 million to work for 20 days without any ads, there is something very, very wrong and money is being wasted on salaries of people incapable of turning out the vote.

If the italics are true, the bold is true.

There isn't really a NICE, UPBEAT, POSITIVE way to say that.

Try laying off some people and ditching the private jet....

It takes a brain more powerful than mine to GET why a supposed MAN OF THE PEOPLE, particularly one who rails against civil liberties violations generally and #TSA extravagance specifically, does not WORK THE AIRPORTS.

walt
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
If the italics are true, the bold is true.

There isn't really a NICE, UPBEAT, POSITIVE way to say that.

It takes a brain more powerful than mine to GET why a supposed MAN OF THE PEOPLE, particularly one who rails against civil liberties violations generally and #TSA extravagance specifically, does not WORK THE AIRPORTS.

Tell me about it, I'm just a messenger taking arrows form the mob...

cheapseats
02-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Tell me about it, I'm just a messenger taking arrows form the mob...

Top-down, top-down.

SHOOT THE MESSENGER is a bloodsport, in virtual reality as in reality.

Ironically, Ron Paul can ALSO bear witness.

justatrey
02-19-2012, 12:42 PM
I was searching the forum for the usual "post your donations here" thread, because I'm about to throw in another $25 and can't find it. That's not a good sign. :confused:

seeker4sho
02-19-2012, 01:03 PM

The campaign needs to pass the hat at the town hall meetings. Ask the supporters for donations -- freedom is not free!

JJ2
02-19-2012, 03:00 PM
A Maine Victory would have been huge, but was not in the cards....

Yeah, because the cards were stolen and thrown in the trash... ;)

FreedomRings
02-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Ron needs to make a personal video appeal to the RP Grassroots, like he did thru out the 2007-2008 Campaign.

I know he hates to ask for money via video, but that will have an immediate effect!!!

Just a simple video update explaining the campaign strategy would be enough. At the end he could say "by the way, we have a moneybomb going on, check it out at ronpaul2012.com"

The only personal video update from this campaign season I remember is the one for "phone from home", but it was too polished. There were many low-tech personal updates in 2008 and they did a lot to build an emotional connection between the campaign and supporters.

Butchie
02-19-2012, 04:04 PM
If the campaign and Ron would just address a few of our concerns, I can guarantee atleast 5 donors myself included who would bring in about 4-5G next moneybomb, but anytime I mention this stuff I'm attacked and I've written the campaign but they ignore it. If there are 5 people just that I know of who are holding out for these reasons imagine how many countless other's are doing the same, you can't keep ignoring your supporters and then turn around and ask them to open up their wallets.

GraniteHills
02-19-2012, 06:09 PM
/bump

Donated another $25.00. Up to $1.63M now.

Let's keep it going, guys! :)

Sentinelrv
02-19-2012, 08:29 PM
I got a reply back from Doug Wead about adding a meter to the ticker. He said he'd let the big dogs know about it. Let's hope he gets through to them.

jemuf
02-19-2012, 09:31 PM
There were some very good posts in this thread. I agree with the posters who think that the campaign should promote the website and appeal for donations at every rally/townhall.

I loved the Black This Out Money Bomb. The media was/is a source of huge frustration so by donating I felt like I was sending them a message.

How about Black This Out II or Stop Media Bias or Send a Message to the Establishment.

OR something provocative: Bomb This! Moneybomb...Calling attention to Warmongering!

ryanmkeisling
02-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Amount: $50.00
Transaction ID: 12G29341CK341531A
Transaction date/time: 2012-02-19 22:27:22

floridasun1983
02-19-2012, 10:55 PM
I did my part.

By the way, it sure was easier deciding to donate seeing the campaign has really kind of come back to life lately with Dr. Paul hitting the trail hard.

D.A.S.
02-19-2012, 11:21 PM
I did my part.

By the way, it sure was easier deciding to donate seeing the campaign has really kind of come back to life lately with Dr. Paul hitting the trail hard.

I betcha the campaign was quiet because they ran out of money, so Ron, being a frugal guy he is, decided not to waste the money on big rallies and instead keep them for ground ops. As soon as the money flowed in, major events started happening. Call it coincidence -- I think not. They really were out of money, in my opinion.

Badger for Paul
02-20-2012, 03:27 AM
I betcha the campaign was quiet because they ran out of money, so Ron, being a frugal guy he is, decided not to waste the money on big rallies and instead keep them for ground ops. As soon as the money flowed in, major events started happening. Call it coincidence -- I think not. They really were out of money, in my opinion.

Agreed. I was one of those whining that I wouldn't donate until RP got on the campaign trail. I don't think RP should be doing phone from home himself in Texas, he needs to be out in public.
In retrospect, I think spending money in SC was probably a bad idea and would have been more useful now, though I didn't have a problem at the time trying to capture some of the NH momentum. Unfortunately it didn't happen. I am glad they spent a lot early on in Iowa and NH. Without the good showings there, the campaign would already be dead (even with the not-so-secret collect the delegates strategy).

Anyway, he got to travelling, so I guess that means I need to get to donating. I'll send him some FRNs later today. I think some good showings in early March may re-invigorate some of the PACs and big donors who want to see if RP really has a legitimate chance before throwing more money his way.

Paulatized
02-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Ok, I did a search and dug this thread back up because we are not done with this. Although it is down to 139,000, we only have 5 hours (central time) to make it to 2 million. We can do this and I have called and encouraged my friends and relatives to donate today. Please do the same. And although I have already given to this money bomb, I stretched myself even thinner and gave another $50.00 because Dr. Paul (who has spent the last 30 years going to bat for the cause of liberty) sent another email and I feel very guilty if I ignore it when he request money.

Please, this is crucial, were down to the put up or shut up, if you can, donate a little more. We gotta know we did all we could to get this great man elected.

Thanks, rant over.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $50.00
Transaction date/time: 2012-02-20 19:01:01
Transaction ID: 2T830742XK966424U

Thank you,
Ron Paul 2012 PCC

ryanmkeisling
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I am stretching it thin here too, but it is the most worthy cause of my lifetime, so well worth it.

$100.00
Transaction ID: 8CA63613E72702836
Transaction date/time: 2012-02-20 19:34:17

MikeStanart
02-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $25.00
Transaction date/time: 2012-02-20 18:35:13
Transaction ID: 96532498W79437409

Paulatized
02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks and + rep to Mike and Ryan!!!

Joe Jordan
02-20-2012, 08:53 PM
donated $50 more in addition to $50 at the start. For Liberty! :D

mikebz5
02-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Someone match me! only 50k to go!

Amount: $100.00
Transaction ID: 340275445
Transaction date/time: 2012-02-20 21:19:52

Paulatized
02-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks and +rep to Joe and Mike. Money well spent.

Joe Jordan
02-20-2012, 10:46 PM
$17,000 with 15 minutes to go! eeeek! lol

MJU1983
02-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Watching the ticker rise got me motivated for another donation:

Thank you!

Thank you for your generous donation!
Amount: $50.00
Transaction ID: 340279190
Transaction date/time: 2012-02-20 22:52:33

floridasun1983
02-21-2012, 12:29 AM
I betcha the campaign was quiet because they ran out of money, so Ron, being a frugal guy he is, decided not to waste the money on big rallies and instead keep them for ground ops. As soon as the money flowed in, major events started happening. Call it coincidence -- I think not. They really were out of money, in my opinion.I don't disagree, but giving the appearance that the lights are out and nobody's home also creates the idea that its pointless to donate. Its a vicious cycle. In any event, its good to see things coming back to life right in the nick of time.

D.A.S.
02-21-2012, 12:48 AM
I don't disagree, but giving the appearance that the lights are out and nobody's home also creates the idea that its pointless to donate. Its a vicious cycle. In any event, its good to see things coming back to life right in the nick of time.

Holy crap that was impressive fundraising -- almost $350,000 raised for the campaign today! Way to go, grassroots!!! Ron Paul's goal of 2 Million has been met, and this makes me feel ever happier and more motivated to go out there and get some more signatures for Ron here in NJ :-D