PDA

View Full Version : KC Caucus SATURDAY 3/24 - Standing room only for Ron Paul in Kansas City Union Station

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 07:21 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Al-nEOfCMAA2WHg.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/iamgillespie/status/171039001908752384/photo/1

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/423177_10150575333891864_617896863_9271812_1098747 520_n.jpg

BUSHLIED
02-18-2012, 07:26 PM
is there a stream for this event?

neverseen
02-18-2012, 07:26 PM
These crowds are just getting more and more massive. It's nuts.

fearthereaperx
02-18-2012, 07:34 PM
These crowds are just getting more and more massive. It's nuts.

Second in Minnesota and--First--Second in Maine; let's hope the trend continues..

ShaneEnochs
02-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I wonder if the "Dogs for Ron Paul" sign is a jab at Romney.

walt
02-18-2012, 07:49 PM

Likely so. :)

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 07:49 PM

I wondered the same thing. I saw a dog wearing sandwich boards saying the same thing at the California GOP straw poll.

pauliticalfan
02-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Fantastic! (comment in black and white)

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 08:35 PM
I haven't seen anything on this from media yet.....

LisaNY
02-18-2012, 09:24 PM
When Ron is President, I hope he and Carol adopt a dog from the ASPCA.

millercards
02-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Was a Great event! Just got home. Crowd was large and very vocal.

We had about 2 days notice that he was coming and got over 2,000 people to come.

Suzu
02-18-2012, 09:30 PM
We had about 2 days notice that he was coming and got over 2,000 people.
I predict the same or better when he visits Springfield MO which I will attend since it's only a little over an hour from me (KC is more like 5 hours each way). SW MO is a stronghold for us.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 09:39 PM
AP news photo of a kid holding a Ron Paul sign at Union Station: http://news.yahoo.com/photos/photo-of-the-day-slideshow-1309242001-slideshow/young-supporter-holds-sign-waits-republican-presidential-candidate-photo-031249804.html

millercards
02-18-2012, 09:47 PM
There were professional cameras and a TON of personal cameras. I don't have a great camera, so I did not record anything, but I'll be keeping an eye out for more videos.

Here's one before the speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EH5PEFZfdKo

DoSomeResearch
02-18-2012, 09:48 PM

I was fortunate enough to get to see the Veteran pictured along with his PTSD service dog tonight. Those "Dogs for Ron Paul" are helping out those who risked their lives for our country.

libertybrewcity
02-18-2012, 09:49 PM
How do these people find out about these events? It seems like there are only a few thousand people that frequent the forums online, but he somehow manages to get a few thousand in each city!

Suzu
02-18-2012, 10:03 PM
How do these people find out about these events? It seems like there are only a few thousand people that frequent the forums online, but he somehow manages to get a few thousand in each city!
The simple answer is: We're EVERYWHERE!!!

neverseen
02-18-2012, 10:09 PM

We are the extremist wing of the paul movement. We are a tiny, tiny, small percentage of the actual supporters. Case in point... i Knew 100 people in my county that supported paul. 10,000 voted for him in our primary. of those 100 I knew... only 3 were on this board. and of those, only i posted frequently. So 1 posting member here represented 10,000 votes. craziness

ShowMeLiberty
02-18-2012, 10:23 PM
I heard about it on Twitter. So glad I did.... it was awesome! The crowd was incredible.

francisco
02-18-2012, 10:39 PM

Well, Mark Levin says there's only a couple thousand of us, spamming polls from our mothers' basements. I guess he thinks now that we're following him around city to city, Greatful-Dead style. LOL

We must be rich, too, to get those money bomb results with just a couple thousand supporters.

specsaregood
02-18-2012, 10:50 PM
I predict the same or better when he visits Springfield MO which I will attend since it's only a little over an hour from me (KC is more like 5 hours each way). SW MO is a stronghold for us.

when is he going to springfield?!

Paul4Prez
02-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Okay, great rally, but didn't Missouri already vote? Arizona, Michigan, and Wyoming are next. He's been to Washington and Idaho recently, which vote in early March, but how about Virginia (no Newt or Santorum on the ballot)? Tennessee? Alaska?

millercards
02-18-2012, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbs-Ykj5Q4A

- still waiting for a full length video. I heard on facebook that someone was uploading it from his camera phone. Hopefully one of the professional cameras there has the full vid.

millercards
02-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Missouri had a primary that really did mean Nothing.

They have a Caucus March 17th that is the real deal.

Half the room was also from Kansas, who has a March 10th Caucus.

This fired up 2-3 thousand people in the area.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Okay, great rally, but didn't Missouri already vote? Arizona, Michigan, and Wyoming are next. He's been to Washington and Idaho recently, which vote in early March, but how about Virginia (no Newt or Santorum on the ballot)? Tennessee? Alaska?

no, the reason Santorum was the ONLY one to go to Missouri before the straw poll was that it didn't even kick off the caucuses. You need an entirely different 'GOTV' for the caucuses in March.

millercards
02-18-2012, 11:36 PM
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m411/trophyfish2/RPKCMO.jpg

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 11:38 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to millercards again.

But WHAT a picture!!

front page!!

DonovanJames
02-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Santorum had auto dialers for weeks leading up to the primary also

DonovanJames
02-18-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm standing RIGHT behind that A-hole standing with the camera guys on the far left. About 5 mins into RP's speech we started a mutiny those which were stuck behind the "film" crew

Chainspell
02-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Found a Tube!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDY12ukeSKI&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2883f67FAAAAAAAAAAA

Roxi
02-19-2012, 12:10 AM
I forgot my SD card, but my friend Bri got tons of pics and videos, she'll be here in a bit and I'll upload some. The energy was amazing, as usual. Some local liberty candidates were there which was great. His speech was different (and better) than many I saw in 08. The crowd was fired up, and very diverse. Quite a few occupy people there too from what I could see. I saw several people I thought I recognized but was didn't have the balls to ask who they were. :D After he left stage a large crowd formed near the stage hoping he would come out and sign autographs but the man had an insanely busy day and had just stepped off the plane soon before he took stage. So he didn't come out but most everyone understood and seemed okay with it.

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 12:12 AM
I forgot my SD card, but my friend Bri got tons of pics and videos, she'll be here in a bit and I'll upload some. The energy was amazing, as usual. Some local liberty candidates were there which was great. His speech was different (and better) than many I saw in 08. The crowd was fired up, and very diverse. Quite a few occupy people there too from what I could see. I saw several people I thought I recognized but was didn't have the balls to ask who they were. :D After he left stage a large crowd formed near the stage hoping he would come out and sign autographs but the man had an insanely busy day and had just stepped off the plane soon before he took stage. So he didn't come out but most everyone understood and was seemed okay with it.

thank you!

millercards
02-19-2012, 12:15 AM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/394132_3052538226434_1052622716_2984106_267420081_ n.jpg

My fiancee took this one. We were seating dead center, 5 rows back.

rp713
02-19-2012, 12:16 AM
thats a shit load of people! speech on tube anyone? i bet that crowd was fuckin loud

Roxi
02-19-2012, 12:17 AM
here is one https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/399875_3210224025068_1550270842_2948030_1700157157 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/425696_3210325347601_1550270842_2948070_295684721_ n.jpg

these arent the good ones, shes not here yet, but these are from some other friends...
I did take a couple with my husbands phone, I'll check and see if they turned out.

sirachman
02-19-2012, 12:18 AM
removed

nayjevin
02-19-2012, 12:19 AM
I was there, I'd guess 1500 at least, that's a wild guess. Ron's speech was good, different and better than those I saw in 08. He was talking about government wanting control over our bodies and NDAA and someone yelled HELL NO!

I was in a completely unused sideroom afterwards watching my 2 year old and minding my business, found a mop and cleaned up a little spill to help out, when up came a security guard 'Can I help you?'.... I didn't say anything, dumbfounded at the cartoonish example .... he went on: 'I need this area... I have some stuff to do' LOL typical inserting himself into a peaceful situation to exert arbitrary authority over a non-security relevant scenario. 3 minutes later he's on the other side of the hall looking suspiciously at some other people...

The crowd was very diverse, I was reminded again that I am STILL learning what a Ron Paul supporter is. So if I'm saying that, imagine how reporters feel.

Great crowd, great speech, great night, Ron Paul is WINNING

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 12:24 AM
I was there, I'd guess 1500 at least, that's a wild guess. Ron's speech was good, different and better than those I saw in 08. He was talking about government wanting control over our bodies and NDAA and someone yelled HELL NO!

I was in a completely unused sideroom afterwards watching my 2 year old and minding my business, found a mop and cleaned up a little spill to help out, when up came a security guard 'Can I help you?'.... I didn't say anything, dumbfounded at the cartoonish example .... he went on: 'I need this area... I have some stuff to do' LOL typical inserting himself into a peaceful situation to exert arbitrary authority over a non-security relevant scenario. 3 minutes later he's on the other side of the hall looking suspiciously at some other people...

The crowd was very diverse, I was reminded again that I am STILL learning what a Ron Paul supporter is. So if I'm saying that, imagine how reporters feel.

Great crowd, great speech, great night, Ron Paul is WINNING

even media is crediting him with 2000 people -- apparently it is known what that space can accommodate.

Roxi
02-19-2012, 12:24 AM
thats a shit load of people! speech on tube anyone? i bet that crowd was fuckin loud

OMG when we first walked into Union station (which is huge) we could hear this humming sound that almost sounded like a train. I turned to my friend and said, "Hear that? I think its the crowd" he said "no way" but as we got closer you could hear that it was indeed the hum of a couple thousand people talking and chatting. It was very very loud, but a good loud.

Oh and there were sign in sheets, lots of our KC4RP group were asking people to sign in to get a head count. As far as I could tell most everyone was willing to sign in, some using fake names, so we might have a decent count from that.

ghengis86
02-19-2012, 12:29 AM
here is one https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/399875_3210224025068_1550270842_2948030_1700157157 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/425696_3210325347601_1550270842_2948070_295684721_ n.jpg

these arent the good ones, shes not here yet, but these are from some other friends...
I did take a couple with my husbands phone, I'll check and see if they turned out.

+ rep!!!

remember when we thought it was cool when 300-500 people showed up to a tRon Paul event? We were going ape, new threads and the like. Now I'm disappointed when there's less than 1,000 people at campaign stops! Lol.

for all the doubters out there, this is proof. they can manipulate the votes all they want, but there is an incredibly strong Ron Paul following in America that is growing by leaps and bounds. We are winning the hearts and minds of the people. We are waking them up to the freedoms and liberties they've lost in their slumber. They're waking up, finding out they've been lied to and are seeking the truth. Ron Paul and this movement are the truth. We cannot be stopped. We are liberty. We are legion. We are the future.

fred584
02-19-2012, 12:29 AM
That is AWSOME..

Having Breakfast with the good doctor wednesday in az. I am going to film the entire thing

nayjevin
02-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Oh a few other things:

It was at Union Station, where there is also an IRS building and a Post Office and a voting location... talk about belly of the beast! There was an 'official' sign that said 'Welcome to the IRS Friendly Taxpayer Facilitation Zone' or some such propaganda... made me lulz

A few local candidates were getting the word out, not totally sure they aren't milquetoast or neocon opportunists I suppose, but if good liberty candidates than the revolution got mileage out of the event. Also some free stickers and button sales went on.

I scanned for operatives several times throughout the night. Those who were watching people and gave me less than warm looks and made me suspicious were: 1) guy in an absurdly stereotypical 'occupy' outfit 2)the security guard ;)

In addition to that, right when Ron started talking two big groups of kids walked from the front of the crowd, most the way through it, and past me looking like they were disgusted or something, making eye contact with lots of people as they passed. A wave of propaganda? (trendsetting attempt) If they hadn't all looked confused and or disgusted, if it hadn't been right at the beginning of his speech....

Anyway just some observations, there are obviously other explanations possible for that last, and no solid conclusion to be drawn. Was overall a bright crowd, lots of age range and diversity, quite a lot of hotties too, at least that's what I've been told sweetheart.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2012, 12:38 AM
3 Spammers in their parent's basement.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m411/trophyfish2/RPKCMO.jpg

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 12:39 AM
3 Spammers in their parent's basement.

With a mirror, duh.

ghengis86
02-19-2012, 12:39 AM
That is AWSOME..

Having Breakfast with the good doctor wednesday in az. I am going to film the entire thing

so damn jealous!

from a new story I vaguely remember, Dr. Paul was a little perturbed when a reporter was trying to quiz him during his breakfast in a hotel on the road. He likes to eat his breakfast, read the paper and catch up on the days news in the morning. Not too keen on mediaites giving him the third degree early in the day.

if this isn't an official event (and my advice is worth exactly as much as the price at which is offered): make small talk, determine his mood, and maybe ask some non-campaign, non-politics questions if you get the chance. ergo, "what's the last book you read?", "what do you enjoy doing when you're not in D.C. or campaigning?", "if you weren't an OB-GYN or politician, what would you be doing?", etc.

If I go the opportunity to have breakfast with him, I have no idea what I'd even say! Just eating some oatmeal and swapping sections of the local paper back and forth would be enough!

Good luck!

pen_thief
02-19-2012, 12:41 AM
That is AWSOME..

You lucky...
:p
Hope you post it here!

ghengis86
02-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Oh a few other things:

It was at Union Station, where there is also an IRS building and a Post Office and a voting location... talk about belly of the beast! There was an 'official' sign that said 'Welcome to the IRS Friendly Taxpayer Facilitation Zone' or some such propaganda... made me lulz

A few local candidates were getting the word out, not totally sure they aren't milquetoast or neocon opportunists I suppose, but if good liberty candidates than the revolution got mileage out of the event. Also some free stickers and button sales went on.

I scanned for operatives several times throughout the night. Those who were watching people and gave me less than warm looks and made me suspicious were: 1) guy in an absurdly stereotypical 'occupy' outfit 2)the security guard ;)

In addition to that, right when Ron started talking two big groups of kids walked from the front of the crowd, most the way through it, and past me looking like they were disgusted or something, making eye contact with lots of people as they passed. A wave of propaganda? (trendsetting attempt) If they hadn't all looked confused and or disgusted, if it hadn't been right at the beginning of his speech....

Anyway just some observations, there are obviously other explanations possible for that last, and no solid conclusion to be drawn. Was overall a bright crowd, lots of age range and diversity, quite a lot of hotties too, at least that's what I've been told sweetheart.

what do you think the break down of the crowd was? Majority die-hard Paul fans? Libertarians/Freedom lovers showing support? Any undecideds?

I think even soft supporters and GOP regulars want to find out 'what this Paul guy is all about'. I know there's limited ineraction, but you get the gist.

ghengis86
02-19-2012, 12:46 AM
serious question; what are the numbers for the Romney/Frothy/Calista-bangers? I'm sure they get their fair share of neocon/social-con/religous-con supporters, but curious to their overall numbers.

millercards
02-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Like most events, the majority was pro-Paul.

I did speak to someone working with the campaign outside having a cigarette.... he said they were hoping/planning on some Republicans trickling over from the "Lincoln Days" event that was next door.

I know for a fact that there was at least ONE Neo-Con there. I drug my father to the rally!

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 12:51 AM
Like most events, the majority was pro-Paul.

I did speak to someone working with the campaign outside having a cigarette.... he said they were hoping/planning on some Republicans trickling over from the "Lincoln Days" event that was next door.

I know for a fact that there was at least ONE Neo-Con there. I drug my father to the rally!

what did he think? Besides 'loud', I mean....

Roxi
02-19-2012, 12:53 AM
The ones from my husbands phone... this was about 45 minutes before it was scheduled to start.

http://roxstarkc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/IMG_20120218_190617_1024x768.jpg

http://roxstarkc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/IMG_20120218_191945_1024x768.jpg

millercards
02-19-2012, 01:10 AM
He agreed with a decent amount of what Paul said.

He also said he was surprised at the number of people there.

My fiancee sat between us, so I haven't talked to him much.

We're eating lunch at his house tomorrow, and I'll hear plenty more then.

I looked over and actually saw him clapping at one point!

Roxi
02-19-2012, 02:53 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/420323_10150690761628487_547903486_11254536_108054 9855_n.jpg

from jennys cam

Roxi
02-19-2012, 03:03 AM
K these are from Micah's cam:

setting up

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/425967_10150690669863487_547903486_11253984_207890 7055_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/402063_10150690670748487_547903486_11253990_616408 230_n.jpg

Erin, the awesome girl who really made this happen, who is also doing a LOT of work getting delegates. Just a regular girl, sweet as pie and working her butt off to get our man in office

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/406376_10150690673793487_547903486_11254017_985068 637_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/398602_10150690676538487_712709883_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/430058_10150690678158487_547903486_11254056_858369 566_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/397098_10150690682848487_547903486_11254098_138599 3612_n.jpg

Roxi
02-19-2012, 03:06 AM
also forgot, the big 8 foot RP sign fell down and hit the two flags standing on stage, some guy ended up tripping trying to help. A nice guy named Curtis who talked to us later helped put it back up. Kinda funny, hoping someone caught it all on camera.

alucard13mmfmj
02-19-2012, 03:06 AM
When Ron is President, I hope he and Carol adopt a dog from the ASPCA.

Yeah I wonder what dog they will get. THe media sure likes to report on little things like white house pet... Maybe they should get like an alligator or a skunk lol.

Roxi
02-19-2012, 03:09 AM
Also just found out a few of those pics above may have actually been taken by Dwain Crispell, I'll ask Micah tomorrow but just wanted to give credit to him if so. It's also possible they both just have a few of the same pics.

Roxi
02-19-2012, 03:15 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/407131_379100308784380_100000532418685_1382613_351 010859_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/431084_379099222117822_100000532418685_1382609_225 352218_n.jpg

Roxi
02-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Ron Paul drinks Fiji water :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/424525_3237541055560_1177763492_33319718_562461105 _n.jpg

Roxi
02-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Also just found out a guy named Monte was there with an actual nice camera, the shot above is his. He said he will upload more tomorrow and I'll post them when he does. :D

Tinnuhana
02-19-2012, 03:35 AM
As a young married couple, the Pauls had collies.

Mckarnin
02-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Cool! More pics! I googled and saw a few mainstream articles about it. They're saying 2k and the other great thing is they are picking up on his saying we are slipping into facism and calling it a "bold" claim. That's good.

Justinfrom1776
02-19-2012, 06:02 AM

Not necessarily.. Dogs have been for Ron Paul a lot longer than they've hated Mitt for strapping them to the roof of his car.

GrahamUK
02-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Those pics are just awesome! Paul looked really relaxed on stage and its good to see him smile, he looks like hes breaking out into a 'Doug Wead' style chuckle.

Liberty74
02-19-2012, 06:31 AM
I'm confused on this one. Why Kansas City Missouri?

Didn't they already vote the other week?

Liberty74
02-19-2012, 06:37 AM
Cool! More pics! I googled and saw a few mainstream articles about it. They're saying 2k and the other great thing is they are picking up on his saying we are slipping into facism and calling it a "bold" claim. That's good.

Yes, and we need Ron to start making more bold claims to make the news - truth bombs! We are slowing slipping into fascism if not Hitler's socialism. Yep, the Nazis were SOCIALISTS. Haters of the free markets. Haters of a free people. Haters of capitalism. Sounds exactly like someone we have in the WH.

25 Signs That America Is Rapidly Becoming More Like Nazi Germany (http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/20-signs-that-the-nazification-of-america-is-almost-complete)

neverseen
02-19-2012, 07:02 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/431084_379099222117822_100000532418685_1382609_225 352218_n.jpg

We got this on lock for sure after 20 more years :P

trey4sports
02-19-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm confused on this one. Why Kansas City Missouri?

Didn't they already vote the other week?

MO has a primary and caucus. The primary (which already occurred) has no relevance to how we award our delegates. Essentially, it is a straw poll. The Caucus is coming up on March 17th which will determine where our delegates go.

georgiaboy
02-19-2012, 08:04 AM
beautiful venue, great looking event!!

PatriotOne
02-19-2012, 08:43 AM
I really like that they are using Aimee Allens Ron Paul song. It's a perfect mood setter for this type of event IMO. That event looked AWESOME.

Liberty74
02-19-2012, 09:00 AM
MO has a primary and caucus. The primary (which already occurred) has no relevance to how we award our delegates. Essentially, it is a straw poll. The Caucus is coming up on March 17th which will determine where our delegates go.

I knew that the delegates would be chosen about a month later but I thought that was at a state convention. You mean Missouri has another voting day (caucus) that is separate from the state convention? UGH

How many states operate with a primary and caucus?

cheapseats
02-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Techno-Retards like me routinely imagine that processes WE could never accomplish are EASY for them what have Skillz.

Cannot these well-populated rallies be LIVE-STREAMED to other venues? Are not Ron Paul Supporters sufficiently committed that they would suit up for a BIG SCREEN version of the man, PLUS real-time camaraderie with like-minded people?

Bruno
02-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Ron Paul drinks Fiji water :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/424525_3237541055560_1177763492_33319718_562461105 _n.jpg

"you must spread some reputation around before giving if to roxic27 again."

Excellent pic! That's my favorite yet, even though Ron isn't in it. Great crowd shot, flag in the middle, prepping for a great speech, Fiji water? C'mon! It's got it all. :D

rp713
02-19-2012, 09:37 AM
i've seen ron drink that cheap nestle water as well, he needs to stick with fiji, smart or vas(i think thats what its called).

Captain Shays
02-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Well, Mark Levin says there's only a couple thousand of us, spamming polls from our mothers' basements. I guess he thinks now that we're following him around city to city, Greatful-Dead style. LOL

We must be rich, too, to get those money bomb results with just a couple thousand supporters.

There are a lot of similarities between Deadheads and Ron Paul supporters. In fact there should be a Deadheads for Ron Paul group.

millercards
02-19-2012, 10:28 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/407131_379100308784380_100000532418685_1382613_351 010859_n.jpg

Up close and personal... that's me in the black "Got Ron Paul?" hoodie.

sirachman
02-19-2012, 10:33 AM
removed

nayjevin
02-19-2012, 10:43 AM
what do you think the break down of the crowd was? Majority die-hard Paul fans? Libertarians/Freedom lovers showing support? Any undecideds?

I think even soft supporters and GOP regulars want to find out 'what this Paul guy is all about'. I know there's limited ineraction, but you get the gist.

Not sure I can accurately guess much at the breakdown. I would say it seemed there were a good number of soft support and undecideds. Reason I say that is that many people walking in were not super-friendly/excited/ready to meet any like mind that exists in the universe. In other words, it was more like a regular crowd at a concert than other Ron Paul events I've attended have been. A meetup at Murphys is a different crowd than this was. Lots of suits and families. Moms and Dads with teenage supporters. And apparently a Lincoln event next door? Didn't know about that until this thread, and perhaps that's the explanation for the groups of disgruntled kids leaving right when Ron went to speak.

specsaregood
02-19-2012, 11:57 AM
I knew that the delegates would be chosen about a month later but I thought that was at a state convention. You mean Missouri has another voting day (caucus) that is separate from the state convention? UGH

It is brand new arrangement this year. the primary was completely meaningless, it was a head fake to peal off every single uninformed voter. there is no reason we shouldn't be able to rule the caucus.

socal
02-19-2012, 12:05 PM
full speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc3rvUTJz9o

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 12:07 PM

How many states operate with a primary and caucus?

Georgia and North Dakota pick delegates BEFORE their straw poll.

Ron knows what he is doing. People talk about there not having been a brokered convention since forever, but you forget that the last time there was one RON led the Texas delegation for Ronald Reagan in 1976. They didn't win, but it was touch and go, and I am sure he knows exactly what he wished he had had to bolster their position at the time.

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
It is brand new arrangement this year. the primary was completely meaningless, it was a head fake to peal off every single uninformed voter. there is no reason we shouldn't be able to rule the caucus.

which will of course get zero media or momentum, but yeah. I don't know our strength in the cities is all, which worries me a bit since you can dominate a heap of rural areas and be completely outvoted when you get to state if the cities all went the other way. But I hope Ron's visits there will have the desired effect.

Roxi
02-19-2012, 01:19 PM
full speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc3rvUTJz9o

Haha that is my friends teens directly in front of the camera, both 15 years old. She is a life time home schooler but decided to try public school this year and quit after one trimester because of how messed up it is. Partially because of this too: http://www.examiner.com/republican-in-kansas-city/raytown-student-holds-silent-protest-over-comment-misunderstanding

Also, Monte is converting 2 hours of HD video now and then pics are next so I'll get them posted soon.

Roxi
02-19-2012, 01:58 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/423177_10150575333891864_617896863_9271812_1098747 520_n.jpg

No Free Beer
02-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Wouldn't it be funny, by the time the general comes around, people wake up and refuse to vote for either Obama or Romney...everyone writes in Ron Paul

sirachman
02-19-2012, 07:09 PM
removed

Roxi
02-20-2012, 03:28 AM
which will of course get zero media or momentum, but yeah. I don't know our strength in the cities is all, which worries me a bit since you can dominate a heap of rural areas and be completely outvoted when you get to state if the cities all went the other way. But I hope Ron's visits there will have the desired effect.

That's kind of good for us though right? I mean if it's a quiet caucus then it's going to be party players and Ron Paul supporters who know about it and the general public who obviously don't know what the hell they are doing can just stay home.

Big Jim
03-22-2012, 01:25 PM

That's our sign! Dogs for Ron Paul! Please Like, Share, and post pictures of your pooch ready to get out the vote for Ron Paul!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dogs-for-Ron-Paul/334840023203097

KC Caucus is this Saturday!

sailingaway
03-22-2012, 01:26 PM
That's our sign! Dogs for Ron Paul! Please Like, Share, and post pictures of your pooch ready to get out the vote for Ron Paul!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dogs-for-Ron-Paul/334840023203097

Wow! Lost track!

specsaregood
03-22-2012, 01:34 PM

Got a link to info? I got some otherwise not politically involved peeps I might convince to go.

ichirix
03-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Got a link to info? I got some otherwise not politically involved peeps I might convince to go.

I think he's talking about Jackson County (Missouri Caucus).
It's on this page. http://www.mogop.org/2012stateconvention/caucuses/

Location: The Bernard Campbell Performing Arts Center, 400 SE Blue Parkway, Lee’s Summit , MO 64063