PDA

View Full Version : Recount keeps Romney on top, but new results likely to prolong controversy

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Webster said they've now added up all the votes from Maine except from Washington County, but the new numbers will likely only increase suspicion among Paul's supporters and Webster's detractors.

It turns out Paul won many of the communities that hadn't previously been counted. Paul beat Romney 21 to 5 in Waterville, according to the new GOP data. Paul also beat Romney 72 to 59 in Waldo County.

But the vote tallies were revised enough in other towns to add to Romney's lead, according to the new data.

In Limington, Paul originally received 20 votes. But after the recount, Paul received zero votes.

In Portland, Paul originally beat Romney 106-91. But after the recount, Romney beat Paul 106-91.

In Bar Harbor, the GOP originally said 22 people voted. But after the recount, it said 27 voted and the five extra votes went to Romney.

In Trenton, the GOP originally said 15 people voted. But after the recount, it said 20 voted and all five extra votes went to Romney.

Likely adding fuel to the flames, Webster said Friday night some towns votes still weren't included in the recount, if they voted after 5 p.m. on Feb. 11 or if he couldn't get in touch with them.

Late Friday, a town-by-town tally of the recount still showed some towns with zero votes.

http://www.pressherald.com/Recount-doesnt-change-vote-totals-Maine-GOP-says.html

:cool:

Epic
02-18-2012, 04:42 PM
In Limington, Paul originally received 20 votes. But after the recount, Paul received zero votes.

Yeah right!!!

Salvial
02-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Press on! This isn't through.

SCOTUSman
02-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah so odd, two places 5 votes were added, 100% for Willard Romney. The switch in Portland. Going from 20 votes to 0 in Limington (by the way...can't we just try and identify one or two voters for RP in limington to show what happened??? if not then maybe we did get zero.....but if we can just identify one, then we can point that out on the Maine GOP).

I thought when Swann did his count, we went down to 157 votes (instead of it going up to 239 from the 196). After the count from the official one with today's votes we are down 111. That is a gain of 121 votes. If we got 121 votes on the 157....we only trail by 36.

affa
02-18-2012, 04:50 PM
What a cluster****.

The good news is that the takeaway is that it was close race, it's debatable who the winner is, and the Maine GOP was in the tank for Romney... and did their best to obfuscate honest results.

MozoVote
02-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I won't say I sympathize with Webster - he made this bed by making vote fraud *SUCH* an issue leading up to becoming chairman.

But it is probably true some of what we're seeing is the disorganization and confusion that comes with running a statewide organization, without controls in place to check for errors to begin with.

If Webster is up to the task of getting to the bottom of the problems and making sure they are not repeated, maybe he'll keep his job. But if he just spins and stonewalls, I expect he's going to be hounded out of the chairman's seat.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 04:57 PM
What a cluster****.

The good news is that the takeaway is that it was close race, it's debatable who the winner is, and the Maine GOP was in the tank for Romney... and did their best to obfuscate honest results.

Yes, short of a win, it is a good result.

SCOTUSman
02-18-2012, 05:00 PM
with today's numbers and if swann's numbers were right we are down 36, but then if it is true that s. paris was a copy of pairs, we gain four more votes, so we would be down 32...in the best case scenario at this point.

Drex
02-18-2012, 05:01 PM
How do you give someone 20 votes then ZERO?

rp2012win
02-18-2012, 05:03 PM
They article keeps saying "after the recount" when there was no recount. It boggles the mind how vote totals could change so drastically when no recount ever took place because the ballots were immediately destroyed.

sailingaway

Ask Webster. Apparently someone delivered a black hole to his spam filter and when he opened the message it ate Ron's votes....

bcreps85
with today's numbers and if swann's numbers were right we are down 36, but then if it is true that s. paris was a copy of pairs, we gain four more votes, so we would be down 32...in the best case scenario at this point.

Exactly why I hope we get some answers on some of the more "strange" changes that occurred in the "new spreadsheet. We are not only within striking distance of a win, but within striking distance of proving an organized effort against us.

kathy88
02-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Ask Webster. Apparently someone delivered a black hole to his spam filter and when he opened the message it ate Ron's votes....

Next he'll blame a computer virus.

JJ2
02-18-2012, 05:05 PM

Then we just have to get 33+ people to caucus in Castine on March 3. ;)

bcreps85
They article keeps saying "after the recount" when there was no recount. It boggles the mind how vote totals could change so drastically when no recount ever took place because the ballots were immediately destroyed.

Exactly. If things were "missing" in spam, we'd expect vote totals ADDED. There is very little explanation for some of the other "clerical" errors being reported. Let's see...20 votes to 0? Doubtful. Now...20 votes to 2? Ok, maybe there was a type-o. One where Romney went from 1 to 6, everyone else remained the same. Santorum went from 6 to 33 in one area...how does that happen? Those aren't even close to each other on the keyboard! Their changes just don't make sense.

Do they have bigfoot typing this shit...with his feet?

sailingaway
Next he'll blame a computer virus.

No problem. He can have the chairs all deliver the votes to us, we'll do the math.

PaulConventionWV
02-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Exactly why I hope we get some answers on some of the more "strange" changes that occurred in the "new spreadsheet. We are not only within striking distance of a win, but within striking distance of proving an organized effort against us.

We'll never formally get the former from the Maine GOP. They are hell bent on obfuscating the results so that we can't possibly get it right. We can and I think will, reveal the widespread corruption of the GOP in Maine against Ron Paul, however. That is enough for me. I just want people to know what happened.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 05:18 PM
We'll never formally get the former from the Maine GOP. They are hell bent on obfuscating the results so that we can't possibly get it right. We can and I think will, reveal the widespread corruption of the GOP in Maine against Ron Paul, however. That is enough for me. I just want people to know what happened.

Yeah. I also hope we do well in the remaining caucuses because the gap being 'within the fudge factor' of odd numbers makes for a good narrative along those lines.

SCOTUSman
02-18-2012, 05:20 PM

Exactly. You know Webster is sweating his butt off right now...we just got to get a few pieces of evidence.....

bluesc
02-18-2012, 05:20 PM
So... How do we elect our people into the Maine GOP? At the state convention?

I'd like to dethrone every last one of them.

freeforall
02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
What a cluster****.

^this

SCOTUSman
02-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Then we just have to get 33+ people to caucus in Castine on March 3. ;)

Exactly!! And I actually redoing my math. We were down 239, now down 111. That is 128 votes, not 121.

So say using Swann's count -157 + 128 = -29 votes + 4 (double Pairs count correction)= -25. So we are that much closer :). Only 25 votes may really separate us. And by all accounts there can be more discrepancies out there...

Krtek
02-18-2012, 05:26 PM
It looks to me like Webster lied about the spam thing, and that he is a very bad liar.

SCOTUSman
02-18-2012, 05:28 PM
It looks to me like Webster lied about the spam thing, and that he is a very bad liar.

Hey, hey now. When writing a term paper, when you e-mail the professor, just say it went to their spam filter and auto deleted :). Seriously Webster has the worst excuses. Charlie needs to man up and said he done messed up.

JJ2
02-18-2012, 05:48 PM
It would be great if Paul could win both Maine and Washington State on March 3, heading into Super Tuesday. :)

kathy88
02-18-2012, 05:54 PM
It would be great if Paul could win both Maine and Washington State on March 3, heading into Super Tuesday. :)

They wouldn't have time to reset the machines, though.

RickyJ
02-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Press on! This isn't through.

There is only one way to keep it going. That is filing a suit against the Maine GOP for voter fraud. It is clear they cheated to give Romney a narrow win over Paul, but unless something legal is done about it then they will get away with it.

RickyJ
02-18-2012, 06:03 PM

They must of "lost" all 20 of Paul's votes there. :D

They cheated, no doubt about it. The question is what is going to be done about it?

SCOTUSman
02-18-2012, 06:08 PM
They must of "lost" all 20 of Paul's votes there. :D

They cheated, no doubt about it. The question is what is going to be done about it?

Ron's stack of votes is stored in the trash container for extra security.

freeforall
02-18-2012, 06:12 PM
It seems as if they are creating enough discrepancies in the next state so you move on from the fraud that occured in the previous states. By the time we get to Super Tuesday the vote checkers will be spread so thin it will be difficult to keep up. Is this becoming part of Romney's nefarious strategy? I ask the question due the disheartening that comes with paying attention.

RPit
02-18-2012, 06:19 PM
If we can get a paulite to be the state gop chairman that's another superdelegate, press on!!!

SCOTUSman
02-18-2012, 06:22 PM
-113 votes under the second GOP count.
-68 votes under the first GOP count.
-31 votes under Swann's reality check count.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 06:25 PM
-113 votes under the second GOP count.
-68 votes under the first GOP count.
-31 votes under Swann's reality check count.

thank you!

TheTexan
02-18-2012, 06:51 PM
We need to develop a transparent decentralized online voting method. Like bitcoin. Just imo.

jointhefightforfreedom
02-18-2012, 06:58 PM
What a cluster****.

agreed!

SaulPaulinsky
02-18-2012, 06:58 PM
There is only one way to keep it going. That is filing a suit against the Maine GOP for voter fraud. It is clear they cheated to give Romney a narrow win over Paul, but unless something legal is done about it then they will get away with it.

Can an individual citizen do this or does it have to be the campaign?

Salvial
02-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Are the results of the caucuses that happened before Feb 4th available? They're not included right?

Ronulus
02-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Paul went from 20 to 0? You have to be fucking kidding me. These cheats/liars need to go live under a dictatorship....... oh wait.........

William R
02-18-2012, 07:46 PM
bump

DerailingDaTrain
02-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah, and we get called conspiracy theorists for saying the results aren't accurate. Also, what recount? Webster said there wouldn't be a recount because the ballots were thrown away.

bcreps85
02-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Yeah, and we get called conspiracy theorists for saying the results aren't accurate. Also, what recount? Webster said there wouldn't be a recount because the ballots were thrown away.

The media called it a "recount", but nothing was "recounted". Rather, they supposedly went through and "corrected" clerical errors and added in some missing data. Of course they added an entirely new precinct of South Paris, which voted exactly the same as Paris in Romney's favor too...who knows what else is lurking in there. With all the gaming they have done with these numbers, the only thing I am sure of is that they were doing everything they could to help Romney.

Some things to note: Every candidate had votes "added" to them in clerical corrections - except Paul, who lost votes that way. Undecided/Other gained TONS of votes compared to everyone else. I suspect this is how the majority were siphoned off of Ron. Of course they were told not to make results public, so we'll probably never know for sure.

RickyJ
02-18-2012, 11:53 PM
Can an individual citizen do this or does it have to be the campaign?

I don't know I am not a lawyer. If this can't be resolved legally then there is nothing to stop them from fixing all the votes in every state. If our votes aren't counted and we can't do anything about it peacefully within the law then our choices are limited to leaving the USA, accepting it, or fighting them. I think fighting them should be the last option and not worth it if we don't have a lot of support. One thing I won't do is accept it.

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Yeah, the article made me feel better that media weren't really accepting the count either, it is just so untransparent it is hard to dispute concretely.

pauliticalfan
02-19-2012, 01:28 AM
This whole thing was set up from the beginning. Just think back to the night Webster announced the results from the envelope to the GOP cocktail party. They all cheered and chanted "Mitt, Mitt!" Can you imagine the hell that would have broke loose if he had announced that Ron Paul had actually won? Lots of big $ donors in that room that would have been upset with Webster.

TIMB0B
02-19-2012, 02:18 AM

Not to mention the 30 vote swing with RP being stripped of 20 in Limington and Romney picking up 10 extra votes mysteriously.

Michael1928
02-19-2012, 02:36 AM
I think it's obvious we won the state. If this keeps up, and Paul doesn't gain the nomination due to this, it would make my day to see the GOP's plans go to hell and back, by watching them lose to Obama because Ron Paul supporters refused to support their nominee. ;)