PDA

View Full Version : How Many New Supporters Will You Make by Monday Nov 19th?

ronpaulfan
11-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Weekly goals = good :D

If you voted for 1 or more, please post how you're planning to

:rolleyes:

goRPaul
11-13-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm close to convincing some coworkers. I haven't convinced anyone yet, but I know one guy who was really impressed by the Leno interview and another guy who said the Federal Reserve is illegal before I could. My manager also really dislikes the UN and other international organizations.

Today I just went to school with my "Students for Ron Paul" slim jims and talked to everyone in the chess club about him. I think I can get one or two from this group. It usually takes time though until it sinks into people that he's the best candidate.

Both of my parents are voting for RP :)

castor
11-13-2007, 12:30 AM
I think it's important to tread carefully when trying to get someone to listen.

-If you tell them why they are wrong they will go on the defensive and they will stop listening to you.

-If you tell them why they should like Ron Paul, they will selectively listen for things they disagree with.

If you want someone to really understand and be a supporter they must make part of the discovery. I would think the best way to do this is to let a person know how excited you are about Ron Paul. Don't say specifically why. Feel free to insert some general reason like "hes a real american hero" or "hes the only candidate that will fix this country". Let them be curious. If they ask, direct them to an informational website or give them a slim jim or something.

If they are curious about a specific position, that can be sensitive. Give a brief recap of some very basic things that are wrong with the current policy and things that could be done to fix them. If you tell someone what Ron Paul's stance is on an issue, it will click that switch in their mind that tells them this position is wrong because "insert MSM propaganda here". You want them to know there is another idea on how to fix "x" problem and its very different than how the news shows it. And it just so happens that Ron Paul supports it.

my 2 cents

ronpaulfan
11-13-2007, 12:53 AM
This was another one of my "Luntzy" polls. The intent was to make us realize how low our targets are and to SHAME us into wanting to reach more people. The "Hopefully 5 or more" should be maxed out! :cool: