PDA

View Full Version : Next Possible Money Bomb Ideas/Theme

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Hello fellow RPF members,

There has been discussion on this forum between some people about what our next money bomb's theme should be.

A lot of ideas have been shouted out and in my opinion, some good, some not so good.

I think we need a strong theme, something that excites people and will circulate around the internet with power and influence.

That's where the themes up above come in.

Something's Happening; Something's Happening Here (SHH): This theme can be read two ways - something positive where the R3VOLution movement is gaining steam and people are jumping on board. People are waking up. Or, that Congressman Paul is being ignored again by the mainstream media. There is no doubt that we could make quite an effective ad campaign with this theme. The only drawback for me personally is that it overlaps with Black This Out. If anyone's reason for this theme is to expose the media angle, I would just say to them, "we might as well make BTO 2." Possible Date: TBD

American Spring: Have you been watching/reading any news for the the last 1 1/2 years? I don't need to get too in depth here. We all know what the Arab Spring is, so we know what is meant by the "American Spring" money bomb. Again, we can make this into a positive theme, similar to what Something's Happening could do, but without any confusion. The only drawback could be that a lot of GOPers could take this the wrong, as if we are pandering to the Middle East, which would be pathetic on their part. "Any idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by anyone, or any government." Possible Date: TBD

We Are Ron Paul: This theme/title is self-explanatory, Ron Paul is in all of us. Ron Paul isn't alone. We are all one, we (along with the idea) are a movement. There are quite a few YouTube videos out there where people are declaring this very theme, which would make it easier for all you video buffs to tweak and make into a promotional video. This would also be very easy to promote on Facebook, Twitter, and as I said, YouTube. Not to mention, we could use the Judge's quote of "He is one of us!" I think this is a solid theme, due to the title. My favorite part of it is that it's a positive theme. Possible Date: TBD

April Fools: This theme is a bit more complicated and is somewhat negative compared to the other ideas. This would be done on April 1, 2012 and would be based around the idea that the other candidates are all the same and Ron Paul is different. The centerpiece to this theme would be 'don't be fooled again.' This is a theme that a lot of people, I believe, could have a lot of fun with. The one part that is good about this is the potential for major media outlets to pick up on this, just like they did with BTO because it's about dissing the other candidates. The media loves drama. Drawback - again, it's more negative, although we could spin it to the positive. Date: Sunday, April 1st, 2012.

In my opinion, I would love for this money bomb to go positive. The fact is Ron Paul is gaining traction. If you haven't seen the Washington video on the front page of the forum, I suggest you do. Look at Dr. Paul's numbers in every state, he is doubling and tripling his support. He has become a phenomenon. This is why I would like to go positive. I think positive gets people excited and attracts new people. The economy is in the dump, we are involved in multiple wars, and we are extremely divided as a country. People want a person who brings something to the table. People want positivity. This is what we should focus on.

Also, I am not in favor of having a money bomb in March. To be honest, there isn't enough time. Someone wrote to me in another thread, talking about having a mini bomb before a money bomb. To put it differently, have a mini bomb in March that could reach between 250,000 - 500,000 dollars, followed up by a big one in early April. The truth is, if we were to have on in March, we wouldn't have enough time. If we agree on a theme within a couple of days, we really only have roughly 3 weeks to promote a money bomb, one that needs to be huge. "NOBP" was a fantastic theme, we just didn't have enough time to promote it. I say we take more time and get an awesome ad campaign out there and have a great day in April.

I feel as though I am leaving out one of the other ideas that have been floating around on the interwebs. If I remember it, I will surely put it up.

Let me know what you guys think.

dante
02-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Instead of a money bomb we need to focus on a donor bomb. We need $25-50 from as many people as possible. We also need to do it asap. We can't wait, we need to go for broke in time for the money to be spent for Super Tuesday.

10k donors each day at $25. Yesterday I got an email from the campaign saying if I was one of 39 people in my town to give $25 they would get to $2million for this money bomb. We need many many more of those types of emails.

The campaign should try to raise 250k daily via the please be one of 10 donors from xxxx location to give $25 today. Do that every day between now and Super Tuesday. Each day say what the 250k will be spent on. Day 1, Idaho radio ads. Day 2, North Dakota radio ads... etc...

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Instead of a money bomb we need to focus on a donor bomb. We need $25-50 from as many people as possible. We also need to do it asap. We can't wait, we need to go for broke in time for the money to be spent for Super Tuesday.

10k donors each day at $25. Yesterday I got an email from the campaign saying if I was one of 39 people in my town to give $25 they would get to $2million for this money bomb. We need many many more of those types of emails.

The campaign should try to raise 250k daily via the please be one of 10 donors from xxxx location to give $25 today. Do that every day between now and Super Tuesday. Each day say what the 250k will be spent on. Day 1, Idaho radio ads. Day 2, North Dakota radio ads... etc...

Yeah, The Binghamton Patriot told me about an idea. He said that we should try to do something similar to what you said, but with businesses. We need to get local on this. See if people would be willing to promote in stores/restaurants/etc.

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 09:25 AM
bump

wgadget
02-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Discover Ron Paul donor bomb

www.ronpaul2012.com

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 09:40 AM

www.ronpaul2012.com

I don't know what this means...

freeforall
02-18-2012, 09:44 AM

www.ronpaul2012.com

Kind of like Google Ron Paul or YouTube Ron Paul? I could see that being a good marketing tool for bomb.

Hands down though, I like WE ARE RON PAUL!

wgadget
02-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Well, lots of people think he has dropped out of the race. Lots of people don't know anything about him.

Thanks to the media. Bleh.

wgadget
02-18-2012, 09:54 AM
I like We Are Ron Paul, too...ESPECIALLY if we can show his "demographic" is NOT all potheads under the age of thirty living in their mom's basements.

LOL

Drex
02-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Maybe " This isn't over yet "

IterTemporis
02-18-2012, 09:57 AM
I thought Bailout Freedom was next?

wgadget
02-18-2012, 09:59 AM
How about OCCUPY FREEDOM?

freeforall
02-18-2012, 09:59 AM

meh

Mark37snj
02-18-2012, 10:00 AM
OUR VOTES WILL BE COUNTED Moneybomb

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 10:05 AM

I don't even know what that saying means.

I think we should ignore that one.

IterTemporis
02-18-2012, 10:08 AM
I am only asking because I know Mckarnin and others were working on it, and already had a webpage set up and things ready to go until the campaign decided to go with NOBP.

Barrex
02-18-2012, 10:09 AM
My position that didnt changed:

I will be blunt because I want moneybombs to reach full potential. I know that some might interpret this as trolling but it is simple truth and it is written with best intentions:
Name is not that important.
I am member of RPF and didnt get email about moneybomb= FAIL
I am member of dailypaul and didnt get email about moneybomb= FAIL
I am member of Ron Paul facebook group and didnt get email about moneybomb= FAIL
There are more than a million people who are not contacted about moneybomb=FAIL.

Only 13000 people were/are going to be e-mailed about 12 February NOBP moneybomb (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353274-No-One-But-Paul-Money-Bomb-Planning-amp-Promotion-Goal-20-000-Facebook-Event-Pledges%21&highlight=moneybomb) (posted on this forum) and this forum alone have 36,834 members (emails) if you add dailypaul, ronpaulcountry.com, facebook groups and other web pages that are pro-Ron Paul real number would be probably over 1 million) Why is no one organizing database of contacts that can be used for every moneybomb... 13000 compared to 1 million?

In politics you need to kiss peoples asses and do all the work for them. Dont expect that potential donors just do all the work for them selfs. They need to be contacted, asked, complimented and pushed into donating.
For me it is not about name it is about execution and organization.

P.s.
To OP: I really dont like your nick.

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 10:25 AM
I am only asking because I know Mckarnin and others were working on it, and already had a webpage set up and things ready to go until the campaign decided to go with NOBP.

No, I know...I have been talking to McK as well. I just think it is too confusing. That is just my opinion. Obviously, if people like it...then we roll with it.

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 10:27 AM
P.s.
To OP: I really dont like your nick.

nick? What does that mean?

FreedomRings
02-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Any theme that needs a paragraph-long explanation is a bad theme.

"Fire Obama" - subtitle "...before he fires us" or "...before he fires America"

"Ron Paul Revolution" - oldie but goodie, could coincide with the release of a new Ron Paul Revolution logo

"This Is America" - speaks for itself, everyone likes this for their own reasons

dante
02-18-2012, 10:37 AM
We must have money in time to spend it for Super Tuesday.

vechorik
02-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Save the Constitution

Restore the Constitution

Restore the Republic

Save the Republic

The Constitution Champion money bomb

carterm
02-18-2012, 10:49 AM
moneybomb for peace.

Barrex
02-18-2012, 10:58 AM
nick? What does that mean?

Lol...short of nickname ;).. It is depressing.

wgadget
02-18-2012, 11:01 AM
How about a RON PAUL'S STILL IN THE RACE moneybomb?

MelissaWV
02-18-2012, 11:05 AM
People should already have been in touch with local businesses to see whether or not they mind displaying a Ron sign or two. Some local coffee shops display art; if you are so inclined, you could get a painting or photo up in one of those. You should have signs where groups of political signs often sprout up, where they are not likely to be removed or defaced or damaged. You should already be donating. You should already be aware of how important it is for the campaign to be well-funded (this is now the chief bonus to Romney's campaign; he is no longer called the far and away frontrunner, but is often cited as being so much better-funded that he's the only one that can go the distance). You should already understand your state's rules and be attempting to become a delegate. You should be making plans to attend your state's great GOP events, and maybe even starting to look at attending the GOP National Convention in Florida this summer.

It never fails to dishearten me that people need a gimmick to do any of these things. It does not send a statement, as this time's MBs are smaller (with good reason) and simply will not make the news. It does not draw a whole lot of new blood to the movement. It generates a bit of excitement, but there are diminishing returns with that as well. The time to discuss new fundraising methods was a year ago, and it was done, and it was soundly rejected in favor of going with the old faithful MBs.

Name it whatever you'd like, but I think it is working at cross-purposes.

wgadget
02-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Eh. How about a RON PAUL SIGN BOMB, where you purchase RON PAUL yard signs NOW and have a day where we PLANT THEM all across the nation?

JK/SEA
02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Look guys, this is it. We are in the final stretch. I say we just keep NO ONE BUT PAUL till the end. It would be fitting.

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 11:53 AM
People should already have been in touch with local businesses to see whether or not they mind displaying a Ron sign or two. Some local coffee shops display art; if you are so inclined, you could get a painting or photo up in one of those. You should have signs where groups of political signs often sprout up, where they are not likely to be removed or defaced or damaged. You should already be donating. You should already be aware of how important it is for the campaign to be well-funded (this is now the chief bonus to Romney's campaign; he is no longer called the far and away frontrunner, but is often cited as being so much better-funded that he's the only one that can go the distance). You should already understand your state's rules and be attempting to become a delegate. You should be making plans to attend your state's great GOP events, and maybe even starting to look at attending the GOP National Convention in Florida this summer.

It never fails to dishearten me that people need a gimmick to do any of these things. It does not send a statement, as this time's MBs are smaller (with good reason) and simply will not make the news. It does not draw a whole lot of new blood to the movement. It generates a bit of excitement, but there are diminishing returns with that as well. The time to discuss new fundraising methods was a year ago, and it was done, and it was soundly rejected in favor of going with the old faithful MBs.

Name it whatever you'd like, but I think it is working at cross-purposes.

Although I agree with your idea of going to local businesses and finding other ways to promote Dr. Paul, money bombs still excite people (as you stated) and it has the possibility to draw more people. Sometimes, our morale is low and money bombs help reinvigorate some people. We can do more things than just one.

lakerssuck92
02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Save the Constitution

Restore the Constitution

Restore the Republic

Save the Republic

The Constitution Champion money bomb

This. Do it on March 4 (it was on this day in 1789 that Government began under the US Constitution). This date is great as it is before Super Tuesday....

Mckarnin
02-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Thanks for keeping us in mind. We're not so wedded to Bailout Freedom that we'll push a theme that folks don't want to get behind. I also think some of the work that was done could be transferable to a new theme.

I mentioned this in another thread but really think we need to do something that focuses on the donating itself rather than education and has built in things to take it viral that will help get us NEW donors. March 2nd or 3rd to help fund everything they'll need to do in March.

MelissaWV
02-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Although I agree with your idea of going to local businesses and finding other ways to promote Dr. Paul, money bombs still excite people (as you stated) and it has the possibility to draw more people. Sometimes, our morale is low and money bombs help reinvigorate some people. We can do more things than just one.

Off the top of your head, name the last four money bombs and how much they raised.

Hell, name ten money bombs in total and how much they raised.

When I talk to someone and they start liking Ron, I ask for their support right then, and it's usually good for a little money that night. If I told them Ron needed the money to compete against Romney, but they need to hold it for a few more weeks to be part of a gimmick... I'm not as sure I'd have their support.

Go for it, but I don't want to see whining threads afterwards (even though I can assure you I will) about how little it raised, how people didn't participate, and so on.

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Off the top of your head, name the last four money bombs and how much they raised.

Hell, name ten money bombs in total and how much they raised.

When I talk to someone and they start liking Ron, I ask for their support right then, and it's usually good for a little money that night. If I told them Ron needed the money to compete against Romney, but they need to hold it for a few more weeks to be part of a gimmick... I'm not as sure I'd have their support.

Go for it, but I don't want to see whining threads afterwards (even though I can assure you I will) about how little it raised, how people didn't participate, and so on.

It is a rather consistent 1 million a month.

But who said to tell people to hold off from donating their money? No one said that.

If someone wants to donate money at any time, let them. What does that have to do with having a money bomb?

If anything, it excites new Ron Paul people because they can see their money at work: see the display, see their name. I don't get why that is such a problem?

Anytime there isn't a lot of money raised or things don't go as well as originally planned, people whine. So, what is your point?

As I stated in response to your first post, I agree that we need to broaden our approach. That being said, why does that equate to quitting money bombs? Why does that mean not having other means to raise money?

truthspeaker
02-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Personally, I'm sticking with the

"BAILOUT LIBERTY"

idea. It reminds others about the economy and why Ron Paul's important for it.

WE need to lead the discussion now and not let stupid misinterpreted one-issues define our movement. What do I mean: "Ron Paul's for weed etc."

orenbus
02-18-2012, 01:37 PM
I am member of RPF and didnt get email about moneybomb= FAIL
I am member of dailypaul and didnt get email about moneybomb= FAIL
I am member of Ron Paul facebook group and didnt get email about moneybomb= FAIL
There are more than a million people who are not contacted about moneybomb=FAIL.

Only 13000 people were/are going to be e-mailed about 12 February NOBP moneybomb (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353274-No-One-But-Paul-Money-Bomb-Planning-amp-Promotion-Goal-20-000-Facebook-Event-Pledges%21&highlight=moneybomb) (posted on this forum) and this forum alone have 36,834 members (emails) if you add dailypaul, ronpaulcountry.com, facebook groups and other web pages that are pro-Ron Paul real number would be probably over 1 million) Why is no one organizing database of contacts that can be used for every moneybomb... 13000 compared to 1 million?

Some information that helps to answer the questions or statements above, I'm not justifying any of these actions or non actions below these are just how things are for the most part:

1. Some Ron Paul Sites don't send out emails about every money bomb because either; The Admin or Moderator is lazy, doesn't communicate back through PMs cause they are "too busy", justifies not sending out email to not "spam" Ron Paul supporters, disagrees with the theme being promoted, questions the integrity of the people organizing it, other unknown reasons.
2. Facebook Emails: As far as I know you cannot send out an email through a Facebook event, not sure about groups if users have notification emails turned off, facebook seems limited in this regard of sending out coordinated emails.
3. Database of Contacts: It is easier said then done not because of the technical implementation that part is easy, but because most sites would not be so willing to share their list of emails, for example RPF and DP and other RP related sites I don't think the owners would likely jump at the chances of sharing email lists based on a number of concerns. The decentralized approach also to having lists that have been cultivated by the respective sites seems reasonable the problem wouldn't be as big of a deal if the respective sites were proactive in sending out emails concerning major events such as money bombs. In the end you cannot force them to hand over their lists lol, therefore it is up to each individual site to decide how best to help Ron Paul, and unfortunately at times that means communications can fail to a number of factors.

P.S. You mentioned RonPaulCountry.com, in fact emails were sent out about this past money bomb to subscribers of the site.

orenbus
02-18-2012, 01:55 PM
//

orenbus
02-18-2012, 03:08 PM

You shouldn't be asking someone that is a new supporter of Ron Paul to hold their donation, if you've convinced them early on to support Ron Paul and they are willing to donate they should do it on the spot. Money bombs serve a different purpose, not to ask people that are new supporters to hold their money until a specific date.

The ideal scenario would be you get the person to donate right away and then a couple days pass and you tell them about the money bomb that way they donate twice potentially instead of just once or not at all.

wgadget
02-18-2012, 03:17 PM
How about the MillionAMonthMoneybomb or the MoneybombOfTheMonthClub?

Heheh. Just havin' fun with yuz.

carterm
02-18-2012, 03:21 PM
i'm telling you "a bomb for peace"

who wouldn't give to a peace bomb!!!?!!?1

hb6102
02-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Revolution vs. Romneycare - Round 2

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 03:37 PM
i'm telling you "a bomb for peace"

who wouldn't give to a peace bomb!!!?!!?1

I will try and add that.

Liberty74
02-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I think we should have a title that is issue oriented toward the masses:

Bring The Troops Home

What percentage of people want the troops to come home? 60% plus? I think such issue could easily be spread on the internet grabbing people's attention and getting more people aware of who Ron Paul is for those that don't know. People are sick of wars and really don't want another according to a recent poll. Previous 2008 Obama supporters showed up in this week's rally supporting Ron Paul because of his anti-war stance. Heck, about half the Republicans don't want another war. "Bring The Troops Home" money bomb has mass appeal.

carterm
02-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I will try and add that.

thanks, the play on words is good AND here we could stress that paul truly is the only peace candidate this election cycle!!!

pcgame
02-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Revolution vs. Romneycare - Round 2

this is good

IterTemporis
02-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I think we should have a title that is issue oriented toward the masses:

Bring The Troops Home

What percentage of people want the troops to come home? 60% plus? I think such issue could easily be spread on the internet grabbing people's attention and getting more people aware of who Ron Paul is for those that don't know. People are sick of wars and really don't want another according to a recent poll. Previous 2008 Obama supporters showed up in this week's rally supporting Ron Paul because of his anti-war stance. Heck, about half the Republicans don't want another war. "Bring The Troops Home" money bomb has mass appeal.

Except that we already had a support the troops moneybomb.

wgadget
02-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Um. Is this an OFFICIAL poll?

CanadiansForLiberty
02-18-2012, 03:44 PM
GOOGLE RON PAUL MONEY BOMB

IterTemporis
02-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Hmm.. Since I voted for it, I might as well explain why I like it.

Even after RP is gone, which hopefully will be far from today, his message will live on within all of us, the message is immortal. It cannot be extinguished.

alucard13mmfmj
02-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Maybe we can have a money bomb to donate to a good, respectable charity? Raising 1 million for a charity should get some news coverage eh? =P

goldpants
02-18-2012, 04:24 PM
It is time once and for all for Americans to know what their money is backed with, where it comes from and how the fed is destroying our country. Those that already know how things work with the fed system will be eager to donate, spread message and those that don't know need to be informed now. Sure the topic would scare off some members and of course many others but the ones it connects with will give a lot of money, spread the message organically and would add depth to our grassroot brigades.

I fear some here will say things like this subject is too exotic or conspiratorial but it is neither. When people approach me about Ron Paul (because of blue ball cap or bumperstickers) the first subject the jump to discuss is gold or end the fed or sound money or income tax or national debt. I don't have people approaching me about marijuana or guns or civil liberties or even the wars. Perhaps I attract the oddballs or perhaps this federal reserve system and unsound money is a lot bigger issue than our MSM tells us it is.

No Free Beer
02-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Um. Is this an OFFICIAL poll?

I am not that pretentious

orenbus
02-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Whichever theme is next I just hope everyone that is so excited about the "planning phase" of picking a theme and date actually does the promotion efforts not just the day or two before the MB but the weeks before the MB date (which seems to be the biggest disconnect ever since BTO, TP07, 11/5), that includes many of the people that will most likely will be posting in this thread.

orenbus
02-18-2012, 04:35 PM
"NOBP" was a fantastic theme, we just didn't have enough time to promote it.

This isn't entirely correct, as others pointed out in previous threads there was a full three weeks that the grassroots had to promote NOBP, in 2007 grassroots had about the same length of time to promote those money bombs, the issue wasn't that there was not enough time to promote it. The NOBP site was originallly completed with the core functionality, ready to be used to promote the MB on Jan 23rd.

Why do Moneybombs Take So Long? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?360601-Why-do-Moneybombs-Take-So-Long&p=4175809&viewfull=1#post4175809)

My post in the Promo thread on Jan 23rd (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353274-No-One-But-Paul-Money-Bomb-Planning-amp-Promotion-Goal-20-000-Facebook-Event-Pledges!&p=4082717&viewfull=1#post4082717)

This point needs to be stressed because if you want to identify what the reason is for not reaching the intended money bomb goal targets you need to understand the cause.

The truth is, is that both members in the grassroots as well as leaders, moderators, admins, etc. did not care enough to promote the event until the last couple of days before the money bomb date. I'm not going to sugar coat this point, because whichever theme or date is chosen this issue will creep up again even if you have six months to promote the money bomb if people only start to promote it three or four days prior to the date, regardless of how much lead up time there is, the ramp up time won't matter much.

In your previous thread asking "why do money bombs take so long (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?360601-Why-do-Moneybombs-Take-So-Long)", I'm assuming you had not heard about the money bomb until the week prior to the date, if I'm not correct about this then I apologize. But it does seem to me that if we do not have enough promotion and backing from some of the major Ron Paul sites weeks leading up to the date the word of the money bomb would not reach potentially those that would otherwise spend some time in promoting it or generate creative assets; videos, printed materials, widgets, images, etc. Although I agree some time is needed in order to generate these the more important point is that individuals and those in the position to get the word out quickly whether through email lists or through a website do so early on in the process so that a snowball effect can occur, the longer people wait until a few days before the money bomb date the more likely not as much money will have been raised as could have been.

The amount of time past two to three weeks doesn't matter from a logistical point of view if people choose not to promote it because they would rather gossip about the latest news about the current primary/caucus or latest nugget of speculation about the horse race in other threads. There will always be competition for resources when it comes to grassroots projects and the pool of Ron Paul activists and volunteers is finite, no matter how much some want to believe that the total numbers spans hundreds of thousands that are willing to lay down on tracks to get him in the White House. And to be honest you don't need a huge number to have a very successful money bomb to get the snow ball effect rolling but you do need at least 50-100 individuals determined to do promotion every day for three weeks, with the backing of RPF, DP and some other sites in order to get things moving early on and the major sites need to be persistant in their support for the money bomb through visible communication that people will see every day over the course of three weeks. For sites such as RPF not to have a money bomb banner for the entire promotion time up until a couple of days before the event or for Daily Paul not to have the MB promo video stickied until one or two days before the event is just beyond the pale, and is an insult to those of us that worked hard in trying to raise money for Ron Paul to continue this campaign, in some ways honestly I feel certain people should be ashamed of themselves.

As was said in the movie V for Vendetta if you want to find someone to blame you need only look into a mirror. If people are not willing to at the very least change their Avatar, as recently mentioned blog post; Ron Paul supporters leave millions of dollars of free advertising on the table (http://www.dailypaul.com/212642/are-ron-paul-supporters-leaving-millions-of-dollars-in-free-advertising-on-the-table), this will be a recurring problem. Instead of spending so much time trying to figure out the perfect date or perfect theme we should be addressing the issue and getting to the root of the question why don't people proactively promote money bombs any more like they did in 2007? Why is it that people in positions to promote money bombs to literally tens of thousands decide to wait until the last possible second? And more importantly how can people be motivated to promote the money bomb regardless of theme? What types of techniques can be used so that a person with the least or very little time can do simple actions to promote the money bomb that influence the most people to do the same? Do we really need to spam 10 threads constantly bumped on the front page of grassroots central and have inflammatory titles in threads in order to get peoples attention to promote the money bomb?

Finally (and this is directed to everyone reading or writing in this thread) I wonder how many of you writing in this thread about specific themes will actually commit to spending an hour or so each day during the promotion time leading up to the money bomb? My guess is not many, if you are reading this thread you need to do more than just be involved in this brainstorm "planning" phase if you truly want a successful money bomb it is going to take more than words, you will need to take action. Even if we pick the best most perfect theme if there are not people to promote it the effectiveness is lost.

It's one thing to talk the talk, it's another thing entirely to walk the walk. How dedicated of a Ron Paul supporter are you? Just enough to B.S. on forums or will you actually take action to change the course of the campaign and help Ron Paul get the funding to spread the message? Some of you spend hours and hours on this forum, but I saw very little effort from all but maybe five or six people this past money bomb doing actual promotion work the weeks leading up to 2/14. Why is it you only involve yourself enough to talk about the direction of a money bomb through a theme or date but not actually do anything beyond that? For many of you the excuse of not having enough time can't be used because you post in other threads to gossip about other things going on, why do you not see the importance of raising money for the campaign but are willing to spend hours talking about it's impact after caucus and primaries are lost by only a couple hundred votes where the money would have been used for media buys that could have swayed enough voters to win? Why is it people are willing to travel hundreds of miles to see Ron Paul speak, but then not spend that same amount of time to do actual campaign volunteering work? Why do people feel it's more important to be entertained then to participate?

Why?

KMX
02-18-2012, 06:13 PM
"We Are The People" Money Bomb!

justatrey
02-24-2012, 12:45 PM
So far I like "Bailout Liberty" or "Bailout Freedom" the best.

Just bumping this because we still need to decide on something. The campaign is running on fumes, I'm sure...

gorgonzola
02-24-2012, 02:28 PM
something with a founder theme may be effective.

DonovanJames
02-24-2012, 03:17 PM
something with a founder theme may be effective.

Shot Heard Around the World

The line is originally from the opening stanza of Ralph Waldo Emerson's "Concord Hymn" (1837), and referred to the beginning of the American Revolutionary War. This 1775 proverbial first shot was fired during an armed stand-off between British forces and local militia in Lexington, escalating into engagements at the Old North Bridge in the battles of Lexington and Concord.

wgadget
02-24-2012, 03:21 PM
No One But Paul...*

*Note the ellipsis.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?362793-quot-No-One-But-Paul.....