PDA

View Full Version : Virginia House Passes NDAA Nullification 96-4

JJ2
02-18-2012, 02:11 AM
http://www.infowars.com/virginia-house-passes-ndaa-nullification-96-4/

Dr. Paul should campaign on this in VA.

Lindsey
02-18-2012, 04:57 AM
Let's get this information to our own state congresspeople. Maybe more states will pass similar legislation.

Today, I am proud of those 96 legislators who voted for this.

freedomforever!
02-18-2012, 09:02 AM
This is just awesome! Hopefully it will start a trend.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Dang!! And Romney said he'd vote for NDAA!!! We need a video contrasting their views on this! Virginia is an OPEN primary!

jsem
02-18-2012, 09:36 AM
Awww yeah!!!

kojirodensetsu
02-18-2012, 09:41 AM
It'd be nice if other states do this. I don't think the people in general like NDAA so the fact that it got overwhelming support by congressmen/women is a bit odd.

No1butPaul
02-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Dang!! And Romney said he'd vote for NDAA!!! We need a video contrasting their views on this! Virginia is an OPEN primary!

I think that is such a great idea for an ad in Viriginia! That moment in the debate really sticks out in my mind, i.e., when Romney said he would have done the same thing as Obama and signed the NDAA and further, that we should just trust our President. We should just "trust" our president!!! He wasn't only referring to himself, obviously, but to Obama also. That is one of the main apprehensions people have w/Romney, that he would be too much like Obama, or Obama light, and this would REALLY highlight that fact. Couple this with the fact that the NDAA provision was obviously important to Virginians ... there you go.

At the very least, I hope someone does a web ad highlighting this for the all-important, head-to-head match-up in Virgina. I sure would if I could. Wonder if anyone can think of other Obama/Romney similarities ... oh yeah, health care mandates! I'm sure there are countless others! Since Ron Paul is the "underdog" I think people would actually really enjoy seeing him go after Romney -- especially after all the coverage saying what good friends they are. Also, I think there are many who, unfortunatley, view Dr. Paul's foreign policy as weak instead of sound and my guess is an attack ad on Romney wouldn't hurt, but would HELP.

It will be interesting to see what strategy they ultimately deploy against Romney in VA. Maybe they won't go after each other at all. Hmmmm

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 10:17 AM
I think that is such a great idea for an ad in Viriginia! That moment in the debate really sticks out in my mind, i.e., when Romney said he would have done the same thing as Obama and signed the NDAA and further, that we should just trust our President. We should just "trust" our president!!! He wasn't only referring to himself, obviously, but to Obama also. That is one of the main apprehensions people have w/Romney, that he would be too much like Obama, or Obama light, and this would REALLY highlight that fact. Couple this with the fact that the NDAA provision was obviously important to Virginians ... there you go.

At the very least, I hope someone does a web ad highlighting this for the all-important, head-to-head match-up in Virgina. I sure would if I could. Wonder if anyone can think of other Obama/Romney similarities ... oh yeah, health care mandates! I'm sure there are countless others! Since Ron Paul is the "underdog" I think people would actually really enjoy seeing him go after Romney -- especially after all the coverage saying what good friends they are. Also, I think there are many who, unfortunatley, view Dr. Paul's foreign policy as weak instead of sound and my guess is an attack ad on Romney wouldn't hurt, but would HELP.

It will be interesting to see what strategy they ultimately deploy against Romney in VA. Maybe they won't go after each other at all. Hmmmm

that's a good one for conservatives, but I'd like to just see one on civil liberties which don't HURT us with other conservatives but really help us with civil libertarians whether conservative or not. A lot of the cross over voters we want may not have a problem with Obamacare.

No1butPaul
02-18-2012, 10:28 AM
that's a good one for conservatives, but I'd like to just see one on civil liberties which don't HURT us with other conservatives but really help us with civil libertarians whether conservative or not. A lot of the cross over voters we want may not have a problem with Obamacare.

I think the NDAA indefinite detention provision is a civil liberties issue that crosses over. I can't really think of any other civil liberties issue where Romney has taken a similar/same position as Obama in that regard.

tommyzDad
02-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks for heads-up.

I sent some love to my elected rep.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-18-2012, 11:14 AM
I think the NDAA indefinite detention provision is a civil liberties issue that crosses over. I can't really think of any other civil liberties issue where Romney has taken a similar/same position as Obama in that regard.

I'm pretty sure they're both heavily in favor of a drug war that has been destroying countries and american families for years. There is really no bigger civil liberties issue for them to agree on.