PDA

View Full Version : Phone from Home plea from Ron Paul.

unknown
02-18-2012, 12:58 AM
Mod: http://ronpaul2012.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6c2e7357a30243d9194f10158&id=54912dbe44&e=1f6f8c4450

Got this e-mail:

Super Tuesday is just over two weeks away. Voters in a whopping TEN states will go the polls to select the next Republican nominee.

Running full-scale massive campaigns in so many states is really stretching my campaign. So won’t you PLEASE lend a hand during this absolutely CRITICAL time?

The most important thing you can do is login into my campaign’s state of the art Phone From Home System and start making calls right away.

Right now, Washington, North Dakota, and Alaska are the top priorities.

Without your help, key staff and volunteers will be pulled away from other crucial tasks – tasks only campaign staff on the ground can accomplish – to make these calls.

Either that, or I’ll have to bite the bullet and use paid phone banks – which could cost literally hundreds-of-thousands of dollars!

There’s no getting around it. If you and I want to WIN, these calls MUST be made.

Phone From Home is one major reason for my campaign’s strong finishes in Iowa, New Hampshire, Minnesota, and Maine.

And with your help, I believe we’re going to have several more up our sleeve before it’s all said done.

The great news, my campaign’s state-of-the-art Phone From Home System makes calling incredibly easy.

But it takes folks like you who will devote even just a couple of hours of your free time to FIGHT for the cause of liberty.

Bobby Can I count on you to login into my campaign’s Phone From Home System and start making calls right away?

This is incredibly important. Please don’t expect someone else to carry the load.

So please login into my campaign’s Phone From Home System and start making calls right away

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. Voters in ten states go to the polls on Super Tuesday, so my campaign is really being stretched.

Right now, Washington, North Dakota, and Alaska are the top priorities for making calls.

Without your help, key staff and volunteers will be pulled away from other crucial tasks – tasks only campaign staff on the ground can accomplish – to make these calls.

Please lend my campaign a hand during this crucial time by logging into my campaign’s Phone From Home System and start making calls right away

Mckarnin
02-18-2012, 01:14 AM
will do

Ron Paul + YouTube= Free
02-18-2012, 01:48 AM
does anyone know if you have to actually have a home phone? I only use mobile

dante
02-18-2012, 08:40 AM
You can use your mobile - just make sure you have minutes.

wstrucke
02-18-2012, 08:44 AM
is there a single person on here who isn't subscribed to Ron Paul's mailing list?

kathy88
02-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Can someone who has done PFH give those of us who have not some idea of what the script is like. I want to do this, but I'm kind of nerved up and would like to know what to expect?

vechorik
02-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Can someone who has done PFH give those of us who have not some idea of what the script is like. I want to do this, but I'm kind of nerved up and would like to know what to expect?

The script varies with the time, situation, etc. I don't like the long-winded persuasive calls. I suck big-time at them.

I love the ones where it's voter ID (information gathering). It's a very easy script to read, click the answers and that's it. No going off script.
I'm shy and it was hard for me to sign up to make calls, but I pushed myself. I've made over 11,000 and believe me -- the first 100-200 are the hardest and after that -- it's a breeze.

Please give it a shot! I believe phone-from-home is the most important volunteer effort available to help Dr. Paul.

wgadget
02-18-2012, 09:11 AM
One thing I learned from this thread: unknown's name is Bobby. :p

kathy88
02-18-2012, 09:13 AM
One thing I learned from this thread: unknown's name is Bobby. :p

Super sleuth. LMAO.

kathy88
02-18-2012, 09:14 AM
The script varies with the time, situation, etc. I don't like the long-winded persuasive calls. I suck big-time at them.

I love the ones where it's voter ID (information gathering). It's a very easy script to read, click the answers and that's it. No going off script.
I'm shy and it was hard for me to sign up to make calls, but I pushed myself. I've made over 11,000 and believe me -- the first 100-200 are the hardest and after that -- it's a breeze.

Please give it a shot! I believe phone-from-home is the most important volunteer effort available to help Dr. Paul.

I'm definately going to try it. Just working up my nerve.

ross11988
02-18-2012, 09:14 AM
is there a single person on here who isn't subscribed to Ron Paul's mailing list?

The people that don't donate.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 09:18 AM

It takes about 45 seconds to sign up, here: http://ronpaul2012.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6c2e7357a30243d9194f10158&id=54912dbe44&e=1f6f8c4450

the only confusing part is after you give them your number, and they have you call in to make sure you are calling from that number, and you log in, the script comes up while the phone is already dialing the first person. I would have found it helpful, each time they changed it, to see it first because the fact is after two or three calls you are going to modify it to 'get to the point' and appeal to people, but you can't just 'go off script' because you have to make sure you ask the questions they need and respond appropriately to fill out their survey they need for voter ID. If you get an answering machine you click to leave a message at the beep, and you don't listen through it, you are sent to the next number. However, since they are doing Idaho and Washington and Alaska right now, I figure it will be voter ID which is really simple (South Carolina was harder, since we were cold calling Democrats hoping they would cross over, and trying to persuade them. The phone bank wasn't set up there long enough to do it the conventional way. Some revel in that, though.)

You can do it. I'll tell you what, sign up and pm me, and we can pledge 10 call cycles to eachother ! :p

beezle
02-18-2012, 09:18 AM
I don't understand why VA is not on their list of important states too. Besides the fact that Mittens is wounded and may unravel more before that vote, the campaign can't allow RP to lose a head to head with Romney by 50 points.

jene277
02-18-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm definately going to try it. Just working up my nerve.

You will be ok, I promise! I am super shy and hate talking on the phone, and after the first few calls (and hangups, etc), it gets much easier. I just kept telling myself that it was the least I could do for Ron and for liberty. He's been standing alone for 30 years, a few phone calls are nothing compared to that.

sailingaway
02-18-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't understand why VA is not on their list of important states too. Besides the fact that Mittens is wounded and may unravel more before that vote, the campaign can't allow RP to lose a head to head with Romney by 50 points.

presumably they are taking them by date of vote, but sometimes they move them by time zone, for example when NH was ongoing but Nevada was upcoming in the morning NH started earlier, and when it was too late to call NH the system switched to Nevada.

unknown
02-18-2012, 10:38 AM
///

unknown
02-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Lots of people picking up today. Simple script. Nice thing if youre on the East coast, WA is 3 hours behind. :)

sailingaway
02-19-2012, 07:55 PM
bump

Travlyr
02-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Back to the Phones!

Phone From Home (http://phone.ronpaul2012.com)

Let's Win This Thing!

sailingaway
02-20-2012, 05:25 PM
bump!

Aratus
02-21-2012, 03:29 AM
bump

Tinnuhana
02-21-2012, 04:11 AM
One thing I found helped me with phone banking and PfH: I kept a tally up of the # of calls (even thought the system tells you what call you're on). I can see patterns develop, like who else they may be voting for. I set up columns, two or three per page, and set a goal of say, 100 calls, before taking a break for a piece of phone call pizza LOL. Since I am near phobic about making phone calls, this extra helps me keep pushing.

unknown
02-21-2012, 07:26 PM
One thing I found helped me with phone banking and PfH: I kept a tally up of the # of calls (even thought the system tells you what call you're on). I can see patterns develop, like who else they may be voting for. I set up columns, two or three per page, and set a goal of say, 100 calls, before taking a break for a piece of phone call pizza LOL. Since I am near phobic about making phone calls, this extra helps me keep pushing.

I keep my own tally as well. :)

Getting a good amount of pick ups atm.

hillertexas
02-22-2012, 08:56 AM
bump

tuggy24g
02-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I personally hate when ever I call it has to be one state they choose. Why can't I choose to call Arizona or Ohio or even somewhere close? I called WA the other day and every call was a voice mail. I wish I could call a closer state so I can talk to people and not there voice mail!

freedomforever!
02-22-2012, 09:45 AM
They picked just that one state for now because RP has a change of winning Washington, and not really Arizona and Ohio!

sailingaway
02-22-2012, 11:42 AM
I personally hate when ever I call it has to be one state they choose. Why can't I choose to call Arizona or Ohio or even somewhere close? I called WA the other day and every call was a voice mail. I wish I could call a closer state so I can talk to people and not there voice mail!

I got a lot of people and not voicemail, in Washington, but I didn't call yesterday, so it wasn't a work day. If you call in the evening you are more likely to get people. I do wish they had a category of 'undecided' which was 'definitely worth following up with'. Some were definitely interested, whereas others were more just 'undecided - go away'.

PolicyReader
02-22-2012, 07:58 PM
bump

TheCaliforniaLife
02-22-2012, 08:15 PM
It is nerve racking at first. But don't worry about it. Your first 100 calls won't be perfect. At least you aren't going door to door. These people will never hear from you again and you will never meet them. Just have fun and think of Ron Paul! I do it at the Los Angeles Ron Paul head quarters.

RonPaul101.com
02-22-2012, 09:13 PM
bump

Danke
02-22-2012, 11:21 PM
I got a call today. MN is done with the delegate selection, and the guy was calling from LA. WTF?

I'm a delegate. Why are they wasting their time calling me? I'm on the list.

sailingaway
02-23-2012, 05:38 PM
bump

sailingaway
02-24-2012, 02:38 PM
bump!

gerryb
02-24-2012, 02:46 PM
It is nerve racking at first. But don't worry about it. Your first 100 calls won't be perfect. At least you aren't going door to door. These people will never hear from you again and you will never meet them. Just have fun and think of Ron Paul! I do it at the Los Angeles Ron Paul head quarters.

door knocking is so much more fun. If I could knock on as many doors per hour as phone calls, there would be no reason to do phone calls.