PDA

View Full Version : Use townhalls/rallies to promote campaign website, & appeal for donations/votes/delegates

jemuf
02-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I was at the Tri-Cities (Richland) townhall today (now called a rally).

Ron Paul spoke very well, but both he and the campaign seem to be missing opportunities:

Campaign website URL not on display (RonPaul2012.com)
No appeal for small donations
No repetitive info was put out about the Washington state caucus or the need for delegates (a flyer was handed out in the beginning).

My friend and I arrived 45 minutes early, and the room was already packed. There was a man on stage. He was affiliated with the local campaign, but I don't know who he was (initially I thought he was the fire marshall).

All he did was try to get people to leave the room and stand in the hallway because of over-crowding, and he coached us for about 5 minutes on cheering during Ron Paul's speech.

He should have been up there putting out relevant information: how to donate, campaign website URL, the importance of delegates, and the importance of expressing support for Ron Paul to counter the unelectable nonsense.

Ron Paul did not directly engage the audience or promote his campaign website. I wish he would say, "Who are the undecideds here?" and then have a couple of undecideds ask a question or voice a concern.

He also didn't properly end his speech with a thank you or anything. My friend and I weren't aware that he was finished speaking.

I'm impressed that he gave a condensed version of his speech outside, but my friend and I didn't know he was going to do that so we left.

Ron Paul + YouTube= Free
02-18-2012, 03:15 AM
Yup. Campaign information should ALWAYS be simple to access. They need to work on it.

slacker921
02-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Yes! They really need to work on this. When they have 2,000+ people together they need to use that opportunity to the fullest.

They should have a way to make donations right there on the spot.

They should have a brochure printed up for each state that lists out important dates, who to get in touch with, important web sites, etc... and hand them out to everyone there.

Attendees of the rally are already likely Paul supporters so there should be yard signs, bumper stickers, etc there for them. The other campaigns make sure people leave with a bumper sticker so that it's clear that Paul has lots of supporters. I went to a McCain rally and they had a group of young guys and girls at the exit of the parking lot putting bumper stickers on cars.... and after that there were HUNDREDS of McCain stickered cars around my town. It was massively successful.

They could do a "donate a dollar" (and provide contact info...) and you get a shot at winning an autographed book. Because other candidates use a similar tactic (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/discount-only-1-win-dinner-barack/386556)to get the number of small donations up and the average donation size down.

jemuf
02-21-2012, 11:06 PM
I'm all about the donate a $1 thing. I post things like Send the GOP & Obama a clear message...Donate $1 to RonPaul2012 D 0T C 0M

The crazy D 0T C 0M part contains zeroes and is able to pass through website filters.

I've emailed my concerns about the rallies to the Paul campaign.

jacmicwag
02-21-2012, 11:38 PM
My thoughts also - waiting for old dogs to learn new tricks. They're comes a time when you have to change things up if for no other reason than to keep people's attention.