PDA

View Full Version : Washington County Caucuses

kathy88
02-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Does anyone up there on the ground know how many districts we should have at least one person in who can record votes before they get reported? I would hope that even non RP supporters by this time realize how important this is going to be.

RonPaul101.com
02-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Washington County is a super caucus and even if it breaks into several separate voting rooms, there should be able RP folks there this time. Likely goes the same for any remaining contests in Hancock, Kennebec, and Oxford counties.

digitaldean
02-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Does anyone know the odds of getting at least 300 people out for Ron Paul are?

parocks
02-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Washington County is a super caucus and even if it breaks into several separate voting rooms, there should be able RP folks there this time. Likely goes the same for any remaining contests in Hancock, Kennebec, and Oxford counties.

oxford?

parocks
02-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know the odds of getting at least 300 people out for Ron Paul are?

It depends on whether extra GOTV is done. I've been trying to get extra GOTV done there. Money, from us, has been sent to a person on the ground in Maine. If they do what they're supposed to, they'll do extra GOTV with it. 113 total votes in Washington Co in 2008. Ron Paul got 8.

In order to win the number of votes we need, we really need a lot of people there. If someone told me there were 200 people in a room, I'd say with total certainty that we wouldn't win by 240.

We won't lose to Romney in Washington County. But enough votes to take the lead?

seawolf
02-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Steve Martin, radio talkshow host and Ron Paul Supporter in Maine, has authored a robo-call message for 6,000 potential identified RP Supporters in Washington, Co. Obviously, the Maine RP Grassroots is hard at work on this!!!

He states the the critical caucus's to watch tomorrow are the Super Caucus in E. Machias and the town of Danforth Caucus. Steve believes that if we can get 600 actual RP Voters to the Washington Co. Caucus's Saturday Ron will come from behind and win.

His post is over on the Daily Paul.

RonPaul101.com
02-17-2012, 08:56 PM
oxford?

Sorry I must be getting confused by votes not counted and votes not cast.

marcirvine
02-17-2012, 09:08 PM
I believe most of Aroostook county is voting tomorrow too

kill the banks
02-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Steve Martin, radio talkshow host and Ron Paul Supporter in Maine, has authored a robo-call message for 6,000 potential identified RP Supporters in Washington, Co. Obviously, the Maine RP Grassroots is hard at work on this!!!

He states the the critical caucus's to watch tomorrow are the Super Caucus in E. Machias and the town of Danforth Caucus. Steve believes that if we can get 600 actual RP Voters to the Washington Co. Caucus's Saturday Ron will come from behind and win.

... this is v encouraging !

parocks
02-17-2012, 09:15 PM
I believe most of Aroostook county is voting tomorrow too

to the best of my knowledge here's the votes tomorrow

Washington co
Big caucus in E. Machias
small caucus in Danforth

Hancock co
2 different super caucuses

Kennebec co
Town of Clinton

parocks
02-17-2012, 09:17 PM

Well, yeah. If we get 600 actual RP voters to the Washington Co. caucuses, we'll win.

In 2008, there were 113 total votes, and Ron Paul got 8.

I'm running facebook ads right now. We need huge turnout.

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 09:19 PM

He may not know the college is out of session starting today.

seawolf
02-17-2012, 09:46 PM
The Bangor Daily News tonight in their on-line edition has an interesting article that states that even the local party officials in Washington Co. and Hancock Co. do not have a clue on what the turnout will be Saturday.

I guess anger at the process can work in two way, either it propels you to the caucus or it repels you to just say the hell with it and stay home.

Tomorrow we will know....