PDA

View Full Version : I signed the pledge for Dec 16. Will you?

Sematary
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I quit buying beer a week ago (about a $40 a week habit). I'm putting aside half of the savings ($20 a week) for the Dec 16 money bomb! What will YOU sacrifice?

ronpaulyourmom
11-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I've been eating the cheapest stuff off the Mcdonalds menu all month. :)

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I did not sign it or the November 5th.

but I donated and got many others to as well.

None of us signed up and I didnt even tell them about the website.
We picked up slack for signer uppers that didnt donate ;)

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-12-2007, 11:26 PM
I've been eating the cheapest stuff off the Mcdonalds menu all month. :)

HAHAHAH

I live on some Double Cheeseburgers for a dollar on the regular
3 at a time!

bbachtung
11-12-2007, 11:27 PM
I've already signed up.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I did not sign it or the November 5th.

but I donated and got many others to as well.

None of us signed up and I didnt even tell them about the website.
We picked up slack for signer uppers that didnt donate ;)

I didn't sign up for Nov 5 but I did for this one. I feel I need to make the commitment.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-12-2007, 11:36 PM
I didn't sign up for Nov 5 but I did for this one. I feel I need to make the commitment.

oh I was committed and did more then my job.
but I was hidden reserves. lol

Sematary
11-12-2007, 11:40 PM
oh I was committed and did more then my job.
but I was hidden reserves. lol

I donated on the 5th as well but I feel that because the press is watching this one that we need to make as public a statement as possible.

Sol
11-12-2007, 11:57 PM
I did not sign up for the nov 5th donation either nor do I like signing up for things. However, I did sign up for the Teaparty moneybomb because I think that signing up makes the event look much more supported. People like to be a part of something big. If we can get the signup numbers really high, then i think that will persuade people to want to be a part of it. We need to keep making those pundits that say Ron Paul doesn't have the support to win, eat their words.

Signing up will create hype and anticipation potentially driving the numbers even higher. The only downside comes if people do not follow through with the pledge. The answer to that is to make sure you are going to be faithful and donate. We have nothing to lose and much to gain from faithful signups. Leverage the herd mentality :) . If you really want to cover those that sign up but don't donate, give $200 if you can afford it.

Right now its Nov. 13th and I can't wait for Dec 16th to roll around. Going to be very exciting.

jake
11-13-2007, 12:05 AM
don't worry about follow though - Ron Paul supporters make a pledge, they mean it!

ksuguy
11-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Ok I did it. Didn't bother signing up for the 5th, but I kicked in $200. I don't know how much I'll do for the Tea Party, but it will be more than I did last time.

AggieforPaul
11-13-2007, 12:15 AM
Just signed up! Im donating $50 at the outset for sure. I may give another $50 that evening depending on how things are going, and where my finances are at the time.

Mark Rushmore
11-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Although the idea of asking pro-privacy people to sign up for things is a bit funny, I think that in this case it might have an even more important practical effect. If the campaign is convinced that these pledges come through, they might be more generous in their expenditures at a critical time, having confidence that they can roughly estimate at least a bare minimum of replacement funds coming their way at a certain date.

Ron Paul Fan
11-13-2007, 12:26 AM
I didn't sign up because I am pro-privacy and I don't want anyone snooping into my personal life. Why do you think we only had 18,000 sign up for November 5th yet raised $4 million? Because these people want to remain hidden. They want to remain in their mother's basements and I don't blame them. It's a scary world out there.

Sematary
11-13-2007, 07:17 AM
I didn't sign up because I am pro-privacy and I don't want anyone snooping into my personal life. Why do you think we only had 18,000 sign up for November 5th yet raised $4 million? Because these people want to remain hidden. They want to remain in their mother's basements and I don't blame them. It's a scary world out there.

use that hush.com account for email. We need to show our support BEFORE this bomb goes off

Eric21ND
11-13-2007, 07:22 AM
use that hush.com account for email. We need to show our support BEFORE this bomb goes off
I agree...this might even make the news if we have 50,000 people signed up.

Sematary
11-13-2007, 07:25 AM
I agree...this might even make the news if we have 50,000 people signed up.

This is already making news. Now, we need to make a splash.

CelestialRender
11-13-2007, 07:44 AM
The MSM reads this site, so I'm not going to say what I gave up.

Nonetheless, I'm putting all spending projects on hold and saving up for the biggest donation I can come up with.

GHoeberX
11-13-2007, 07:46 AM
I signed the pledge also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kll9-nR4uVs

disciple
11-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Signed.

Sematary
11-13-2007, 08:15 AM
I signed the pledge also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kll9-nR4uVs

Dude, I'm speechless after that video. I really am. I think it's the first video for RP that ever made me tear up. I loved the crowd shots from Independence Mall and other rallies, by the way. AWESOME! Thankyou.