PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs to raise his quarter goal publicly (the sooner the better)

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:08 PM
Digg
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_needs_to_raise_his_quarter_goal_publicly
or read here
http://www.politicallore.com/?p=80

Support the site

Do you think the campaign should raise goal now or after the 12 million is reached?

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I love the feeling of hitting a goal early. Let us reach the goal THEN make a new one.

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Raising the goal now = Dangling a carrot on a stick in front of us

Midnight77
11-12-2007, 11:13 PM
I think he should raise the goal now. It may get some press and our attention our way, thus putting pressure on us.

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:14 PM

They cannot just raise it, they need to show us they need it.... Then they need to raise it.

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I think he should raise the goal now. It may get some press and our attention our way, thus putting pressure on us.

agreed 100%

Ron Paul Fan
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
At least reach the original goal before you raise it! Then we can say we got the goal and did so well that we had to bump it up!

ronpaulyourmom
11-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Interesting thought... hmm..

BiPolarBear
This has been discussed before...raising the goal is a BAD idea. The positive image created by far surpassing an original goal versus barely reaching or not achieving an adjusted goal looks far worse. I would much rather have the media report that we reached $15M or $20M above the stated goal of $12M.

dspectre
No, we need to first hit 12 million. It may just frustrate and annoy supporters in the long run. If we don't hit the second goal, we may just end up disappointed too.

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
The campaign really needs to show us that the money is being used super wisely, then ask for more.

rpfreedom08
11-12-2007, 11:19 PM
No, we need to first hit 12 million. It may just frustrate and annoy supporters in the long run. If we don't hit the second goal, we may just end up disappointed too.

^^^ agreed! Meet the goal first and keep it there while we hopefully raise more than the original goal. The main thing is that when the 4th quarter earnings comes out and ron paul is at anywhere near 12 million people will really take notice!!!!

Also remember that an obtainable goal is just that. We don't want some crazy amount that just discourages people.

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:21 PM
^^^ agreed! Meet the goal first and keep it there while we hopefully raise more than the original goal. The main thing is that when the 4th quarter earnings comes out and ron paul is at anywhere near 12 million people will begin to take notice!!!!

Maybe he should raise it... During the middle of Dec 16, to encourage second donations???

rpfreedom08
11-12-2007, 11:25 PM
I think right now a lot of people have A) already donated b) will be largely discouraged from spending due to the holidays and c) we are only at 8.1 million with a little less that 4 million to go. That is a very large number. Let’s see what actually happens on the 16th of December and make a calculated decision based on the outcome of that donation day.

jrich4rpaul
11-12-2007, 11:27 PM
passing goals is always far better than making newer ones we can't reach.

austin356
11-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Humm this is a hard one for me since are definitely going to make it. I voted yes, but now dont really know, since it is impossible to properly raise the goal. You dont want to have to raise it a second time, and you dont want to set it too high.

But just thinkin' what if we could raise $25 million? How could we continue to be ignored?

UtahApocalypse
11-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I rather beat the goal then change it and risk failing.

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I seem to be in the minority... I do not disagree with all of your points... For long time supporters it could be disheartening, but for new ones it might be motivating???
Hmmm...

Bobby Johnson
11-12-2007, 11:30 PM
No, don't raise it until the goal is met. Don't you remember when we reached the previous goals in September? The excitement of reaching each goal seemed to spur on additional donations.

Moving it now would demoralize people right at a time when the 12 million dollar goal seems tantilizingly with reach. Don't you remember when the 12 million dollar goal was first announced, it seemed so far off?

I say don't do it.

ksuguy
11-12-2007, 11:31 PM
They can raise it after we meet the 12 million.

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Don't you remember when the 12 million dollar goal was first announced, it seemed so far off?

I forgot all about that! What a difference a week makes! WOW!! :eek:

rpfreedom08
11-12-2007, 11:32 PM
It's already going to be impossible to ignore ron paul at 8 or 12 million let alone anything above this. I'm not an expert but with all the other candidates going down in polls and with the huckster gaining momentum from somewhere but has no money to back it up I think we will be just fine :) I would love to see him hit 12 and I would be flabbergasted (is that a word, lol) If I saw him anywhere near 20 million. If it's possible I say absolutely! However if it's just delusions of grandeur then I say lets stick with an obtainable goal. Let’s remember, these people that are pulling in huge amounts of money are doing so by the very corporations that are funding and running this government (big money donors).

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Humm this is a hard one for me since are definitely going to make it. I voted yes, but now dont really know, since it is impossible to properly raise the goal. You dont want to have to raise it a second time, and you dont want to set it too high.

But just thinkin' what if we could raise $25 million? How could we continue to be ignored?

Agreed, I just think that the chances of raising 25 million would be better if the Campaign stated that they underestimated how much they could get/ needed by raising the goal now... or at least at 10 mill or so. If national polls continue to go up, it needs to be raised sooner than later.

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:33 PM

It really does... make a huge difference.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-12-2007, 11:33 PM
The campaign really needs to show us that the money is being used super wisely, then ask for more.

If the campaign has to justify everything they do BEFORE we donate, funds will never come in. They have been buying both radio and tv ads in NH as well as direct mail ads and that IS working in NH. So what if they don't pour money into a huge staff. Having a huge staff that can return calls faster does eat up the dollars quite quickly and leaves less time for ads. IMO the campaign is doing things pretty well for the most part. WE are the true spreaders of his message. Let us not fail Ron Paul or his message.

We probably have one of the most uphill battles to fight for Ron Paul to win the nomination as we have to EDUCATE many many people and that takes time. We are a campaign of ideas that force people to think and many people would rather just hear the next sound bite.

I say donate what we can on the 16th of December, blow past the goal, then receive free media over another huge amount raised plus going well over the stated goal. Just leave the goal alone IMO.

Original_Intent
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I've said to wait to reach a goal before raising the goal.

If anything let's have a goal to reach 12 million before the Tea Party (would take roughly 100K/day to do this) and then destroy the goal on Dec 16th!

This would leave the goal amount the same (good) but push to meet the goal at an earlier date (also good)

If donations dry up for the next month because people are saving up for the bomb, that's not so good - so a goal to get to x amount by the Tea party I think would be really good.

Even if we set a goal to hit 10 million by the end of November (again, just a shade over 100K per day would do this) then people could save up for the bomb the first half of December.

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I am not saying anybody is wrong, just stating my side, please feel free to comment on my site... so people from digg and google and stumble, and just people not associated with this forum will see your side.
Valid points indeed

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:36 PM
I've said to wait to reach a goal before raising the goal.

If anything let's have a goal to reach 12 million before the Tea Party (would take roughly 100K/day to do this) and then destroy the goal on Dec 16th!

This would leave the goal amount the same (good) but push to meet the goal at an earlier date (also good)

If donations dry up for the next month because people are saving up for the bomb, that's not so good - so a goal to get to x amount by the Tea party I think would be really good.

Even if we set a goal to hit 10 million by the end of November (again, just a shade over 100K per day would do this) then people could save up for the bomb the first half of December.

Yes, I really would hate to see a drop off like the one before nov 5th, no matter how big the dec 16 moneybomb is... Let's set a goal... 2 million???

Bobby Johnson
11-12-2007, 11:42 PM

You're right. Not only in money but also in name recognition. While many people in my area are still not sure what he stands for, this past weekend I've lost count of the people I have talked to who say,"Isn't he the guy that raised 4 mil in one day?" Aaahhhhhhh! These are heady days to be a Ron Paul supporter!:D

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:45 PM
You're right. Not only in money but also in name recognition. While many people in my area are still not sure what he stands for, this past weekend I've lost count of the people I have talked to who say,"Isn't he the guy that raised 4 mil in one day?" Aaahhhhhhh! These are heady days to be a Ron Paul supporter!:D

Supporting Ron Paul will indeed get better and better each day.... Outcast, to most welcome.

Travis
11-12-2007, 11:47 PM
I think the campaign should set up a goal of $10 Mil on Dec 16th and have a meter just for that day with the goal being $10 Mil.

ronpaulfan
11-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I think the campaign should set up a goal of $10 Mil on Dec 16th and have a meter just for that day with the goal being $10 Mil.

I think the campaign should hire people to keep tabs on the forums. They would jot down all the good ideas they see then present them to someone higher up at the end of the day. I love your idea! :)

Politicallore
11-12-2007, 11:50 PM

That really is a great idea... And would be truly amazing to watch! GET THIS IDEA TO THE CAMPAIGN !. Would involvement from the campaign taint the results?
What do you guys think?

amakris
11-12-2007, 11:56 PM
You hit the goal early, make a press release about it. Next, you set a new goal which will be meaningful and something like an amount equivalent to Giuliani's Q3 fundraising.

saahmed
11-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Why would you raise it? It is most effective when you set a goal and beat it. Especially when you beat it by a lot. At first, I was highly doubtful that we would reach $12 million. But, now we are going to exceed it by quite a bit.

TenDeseo
11-13-2007, 12:26 AM
It seems without allowing us to reach or potentially exceed our goal, there is no purpose of even setting a goal.

We need some point at which we can be proud of our tremendous effort and for exceeding even our own expectations... even if it is just a short period of time.

Don't raise it before it is reached even if we seem to be exceeding previous expectations. Certainly not until we Reach the goal. This is absolutely essential. Even if it is a growing campaign. A reasonable and very Optimistic goal was set for the quarter at the time, and should it exceed, fantastic. But should it look as though it will exceed the goal, that is no excuse to raise it. That just indicates that our efforts have been that much better received than anticipated.

It seems very silly to raise to goal before it is achieved. It really does defeat the entire purpose of goal setting in the first place.

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 12:53 AM
I say don't raise it. If we make $15 million, the media will say we shattered our goal by 20%. If we raise our goal to $16 million, however, then they'd say we fell short a million dollars and must be losing steam when we need it most... yadda yadda yadda.

Politicallore
11-13-2007, 01:23 AM
I say don't raise it. If we make $15 million, the media will say we shattered our goal by 20%. If we raise our goal to $16 million, however, then they'd say we fell short a million dollars and must be losing steam when we need it most... yadda yadda yadda.

I doubt that, they would include that the original goal was 12 mil

Politicallore
11-13-2007, 01:59 AM
bump

Goldwater Conservative
11-13-2007, 02:01 AM
I doubt that, they would include that the original goal was 12 mil

As if my trust in the media wasn't low enough already, it has sunk to unfathomable levels throughout Paul's campaign. I think most would spin it negatively, as always.

LizF
11-13-2007, 02:05 AM

Very true.

Politicallore
11-13-2007, 02:19 AM
As if my trust in the media wasn't low enough already, it has sunk to unfathomable levels throughout Paul's campaign. I think most would spin it negatively, as always.

If the media could not turn 12+ media into a bad thing... Even if we didn't reach the new goal... Saying that there was a goal of 20 mil, supporters raised 18, admits that the campaign is huge... There could be no negative spin.... Especially if RP was number 1 or number 2 in fund raising. It would be amazing, in anyway...

Eric21ND
11-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Let's get to 12 million first. any extra is all gravy baby!

Naraku
11-13-2007, 09:03 AM
If they do raise it before it reaches 12 million, they should raise it at $10 million. However, I think having the goal met and then raising it is also pretty good.

Politicallore
11-13-2007, 10:43 AM
If they do raise it before it reaches 12 million, they should raise it at $10 million. However, I think having the goal met and then raising it is also pretty good.

10 million might be the best bet...

Ron LOL
11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Raise it? Hell, no.

Underpromise, overdeliver. Why would you ever give someone the opportunity to say you didn't meet your goal? That's idiotic.

enjerth
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Changing the goal and never making it = failure.

Making the goal and raising it but not meeting the additional goal = success.

Shattering a goal and going for another one is so much more fun than reaching for a distant goal.

enjerth
11-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Goals = perceived expectations. Failure to meet expectations = overrated.

Show them we're underrated, not overrated!

If the media could not turn 12+ media into a bad thing... Even if we didn't reach the new goal... Saying that there was a goal of 20 mil, supporters raised 18, admits that the campaign is huge... There could be no negative spin.... Especially if RP was number 1 or number 2 in fund raising. It would be amazing, in anyway...

Lois
11-13-2007, 11:08 AM
No, don't jinx ourselves by raising it.

constituent
11-13-2007, 11:08 AM

yep.

i think they should stick w/ twelve [.]

then after the sixteenth destroys it, we can just blast away
and call it 'sky is the limit' or something....

or a race to the new year, you know, that sorta thing....

but i think pegging another number on it would just kinda be dangling carrots, even if they waited.

Politicallore
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
what about for new supporters who are thinking about donating but not active on forums? when they see that 12 million is reached, would they donate?

Politicallore
11-13-2007, 02:57 PM
bump

Politicallore
11-13-2007, 09:48 PM
bump

Politicallore
11-27-2007, 01:01 AM
What about raise it after it reaches 10 million???