PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Attracts Over 1,800 Voters at King County Rally (Picture)

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 11:57 PM
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/9b8827e2d9e8f8bf88bfe6fcb/files/SEATAC_500x298_.jpg

Ron Paul Attracts Over 1,800 Voters
at King County Rally
Energizes greater Seattle-area voters in run-up
to the Evergreen State’s Saturday, March 3rd Caucus

BELLEVUE, Washington – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul drew another staggering crowd today, this time attracting more than 1,800 supporters to his King County Rally. The event was held at 7:30 p.m. PST in the Grand Ballroom of the Double Tree by Hilton Seattle Airport, located at 18740 International Blvd., Seattle, WA 98188.

kill the banks
02-17-2012, 12:02 AM
history is watching a hero

noxnoctum
02-17-2012, 12:03 AM
lol, no one else gets crowds like that. No one!

fearthereaperx
02-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Definitely beats those Nevada headlines: "300 come out for Ron Paul"...when the pictures clearly show at least 3x that amount

Edward
02-17-2012, 12:09 AM
He's catchin' on. I'm tellin' ya.

walt
02-17-2012, 12:16 AM
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/9b8827e2d9e8f8bf88bfe6fcb/files/SEATAC_500x298_.jpg

Calling them voters isn't accurate.

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 12:17 AM

How do you know?

socal
02-17-2012, 12:27 AM
check out this 10 sec video apparently taken outside the event lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc2ArrbqHx8

walt
02-17-2012, 12:37 AM
How do you know?

because we've seen crowds of this size that didn't translate to the vote totals - tons of out of state people in NH and Maine - more people showing up to his events in Maine than he got votes etc.

They are people - or as Mitt Romney would prefer to say they are "corporations". :)

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 12:38 AM
because we've seen crowds of this size that didn't translate to the vote totals - tons of out of state people in NH and Maine - more people showing up to his events in Maine than he got votes etc.

They are people - or as Mitt Romney would prefer to say they are "corporations". :)

you don't know a single person in that picture then, you are just saying that.

walt
02-17-2012, 12:44 AM

I'm saying there is no way that every person that showed up to that event will caucus based on history. Hence calling them voters is not accurate.

Just saying.

MrGoose
02-17-2012, 12:45 AM
It's a 3 hour drive from the closest state to that rally, I highly doubt that there are a significant amount of out of staters there. NH and Maine are small and it's a relatively shorter drive in comparison.

walt
02-17-2012, 12:48 AM
It's a 3 hour drive from the closest state to that rally, I highly doubt that there are a significant amount of out of staters there. NH and Maine are small and it's a relatively shorter drive in comparison.

Believe as you wish kind patriot.

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 12:58 AM

I just don't get why you'd want to rain on something cool.

speciallyblend
02-17-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm saying there is no way that every person that showed up to that event will caucus based on history. Hence calling them voters is not accurate.

Just saying.

just curious seeing denver crowds ,how are you verifying your info? you have a complete list of county delegates? if not there is no way to confirm anything your trying to imply in caucus states unless you believe the lying media!

walt is making his stuff up unless he can verify every person in that room and when they got their delegate position. He is not prevy? to this info period! He is trying to relate previous crowds to actual votes and seeing vote totals in many states. There is nothing to what he is saying until many state caucuses are over which will not be for months in iowa,colorado,nevada and many more!

vote totals compared to last election show walt is totally off base since totals have expanded by amazing numbers.

affa
02-17-2012, 01:08 AM
he made really good time getting from Vancouver to Seattle.

hardest working man in politics.

amonasro
02-17-2012, 01:16 AM

Well some of them may be undecided. Or out of state. Or what have you. At Rally for the Republic I brought a hardcore Democrat friend who hasn't converted yet. It's not our fault that Faux News doesn't cover our rallies like Jesus feeding the 5,000, or that the majority of voters are brain dead MSM zombies. See it for what it is, but don't hate on the enthusiasm.

Adam West
02-17-2012, 01:17 AM

Kinda makes me wonder about election fraud... The #'s the GOP are reporting look questionable. I have no direct proof, but looks like it's materializing in Maine.

Lord Xar
02-17-2012, 01:19 AM
I HOPE he mentioned that they MUST, for the sake of liberty, go and vote!!

ssjevot
02-17-2012, 01:24 AM
Based on what I saw volunteering there tonight a good majority are people who will vote. They were passionate and were taking signs and signing up to be precinct leaders. They were also largely older, not young people.

SpicyTurkey
02-17-2012, 01:28 AM

There are kids in that picture, and they obviously cant vote.

jcarcinogen
02-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Here's the introduction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZV2l9WbexA

JK/SEA
02-17-2012, 01:40 AM
check out this 10 sec video apparently taken outside the event lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc2ArrbqHx8

i think i saw collins.....

CAdelegate
02-17-2012, 01:57 AM

They are voters. Look at whats happening in Maine. Same thing happened in Iowa btw. Theres been numerous reports of election fraud/cheating.

Paulatized
02-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Here's the introduction:

Thanks so much for posting that video, it makes for a great start to my day. I love it when Ron walks out to such a huge overflow, enthusiastic crowd that helps validate his tireless work for the cause of freedom. What a great man!!!

+rep for you!

neverseen
02-17-2012, 06:36 AM
They are voters. Look at whats happening in Maine. Same thing happened in Iowa btw. Theres been numerous reports of election fraud/cheating.

Supporters and voters are not the same thing. Mitt/Newt/Sant have voters, not supporters (that's why newt draws crowds of 6 but has won a state...). Ron has supporters, not voters. Sadly... supporters do not ALWAYS vote.

eduardo89
02-17-2012, 06:51 AM
i think i saw collins.....

100x zoom?

walt
02-17-2012, 07:33 AM
just curious seeing denver crowds ,how are you verifying your info? you have a complete list of county delegates? if not there is no way to confirm anything your trying to imply in caucus states unless you believe the lying media!

walt is making his stuff up unless he can verify every person in that room and when they got their delegate position. He is not prevy? to this info period! He is trying to relate previous crowds to actual votes and seeing vote totals in many states. There is nothing to what he is saying until many state caucuses are over which will not be for months in iowa,colorado,nevada and many more!

vote totals compared to last election show walt is totally off base since totals have expanded by amazing numbers.

The burden of proof is on the campaign. Call them attendees, people, fans, whatever you like but to blanket call them voters is inaccurate - some are also under 18, those people aren't voters. If you want the media to take the campaign seriously, I'm just encouraging the use of accurate nouns to describe the situation.

walt
02-17-2012, 07:37 AM
I HOPE he mentioned that they MUST, for the sake of liberty, go and vote!!

Yep. I hope they become voters. :)

ApathyCured
02-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah I hate to be negative but in Maine he was drawing large crowds. The total of which probably eclipsed the total number of voters in the caucus. Its great he gets crowds but thaey have to go fricken vote for it to count....

KingNothing
02-17-2012, 08:51 AM

How do you know they don't translate to votes?

Has Ron EVER had more people at one event than he had vote in a state? No. Might it just be that folks who intend to vote for Paul are also interested in listening to him speak, so that a higher percentage of his supporters actually turn out for his events?

KingNothing
02-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Supporters and voters are not the same thing. Mitt/Newt/Sant have voters, not supporters (that's why newt draws crowds of 6 but has won a state...). Ron has supporters, not voters. Sadly... supporters do not ALWAYS vote.

If 100-percent of the people in the room were both supporters and voters who lived in the state, Ron Paul would still not win. I think people fail to understand the orders of magnitude involved here. Outside of the tiny caucus states, one thousand or two thousand voters is not enough to win an election, and that's all we see at our largest rallies. Don't get me wrong - it is PHENOMENAL to see that many people turn out. I love it. And it shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that in the longterm we've already won.

WD-NY
02-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Well some of them may be undecided. Or out of state. Or what have you. At Rally for the Republic I brought a hardcore Democrat friend who hasn't converted yet. It's not our fault that Faux News doesn't cover our rallies like Jesus feeding the 5,000, or that the majority of voters are brain dead MSM zombies. See it for what it is, but don't hate on the enthusiasm.

Did Obama (who is one of the greatest orators/public-speakers in history) give the same old meandering stump speech at each of those 5,000+ people events or did he use them as an opportunity to deliver formal, well constructed speeches that made whatever point he was trying to get across in the most eloquent and persuasive way possible??

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think Ron little rallies deserve any mainstream coverage because they've covered it before. I garuantee you that if Ron came out with something new or specific, theyd be writing more positively about these rallies.

KingNothing
02-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Did Obama (who is one of the greatest orators/public-speakers in history) give the same old meandering stump speech at each of those 5,000+ people events or did he use them as an opportunity to deliver formal, well constructed speeches that made whatever point he was trying to get across in the most eloquent and persuasive way possible??

I'm sorry, but I honestly don't think Ron little rallies deserve any mainstream coverage because they've covered it before. I garuantee you that if Ron came out with something new or specific, theyd be writing more positively about these rallies.

Agreed. Personally, I love Ron's speeches but Joe Average has grown tired of hearing the same lecture of liberties and economics. I'm not faulting Ron. He is who he is, and he's done more for humanity than I ever will, but it's easy to see why the media and most people who are not us don't want to hear the speeches.

LibertyEagle
02-17-2012, 09:10 AM
I just don't get why you'd want to rain on something cool.

Because it is what Walt does. Standard operating procedure, really.

LibertyEagle
02-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Did Obama (who is one of the greatest orators/public-speakers in history)

Let's call it what it is, ok? Obama is very practiced at using teleprompters to read speeches that someone else wrote for him.

Great orator? Not so much. Have you ever heard him when the teleprompters go out? It ain't pretty.

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 09:16 AM

Bull, he came out with a BUNCH of in depth stuff yesterday on NDAA etc and the AP story was that he 'decried the drug war', one sensationalistic 'nutty' (or spinnable) comment out of 45 minutes of speech without notes.

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Let's call it what it is, ok? Obama is very practiced at using teleprompters to read speeches that someone else wrote for him.

Great orator? Not so much. Have you ever heard him when the teleprompters go out? It ain't pretty.

this

walt
02-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Because it is what Walt does. Standard operating procedure, really.

Certain members of this board and the campaign itself are completely incapable of leaving "liberty education mode" and moving into "national election winning mode". Liberty education mode will not balance the budgets, release shackles from the economy or receive implementation from a new President with different policy.

Instead of saying other people are the problem, I'd suggest you look in a mirror.

Schiff_FTW
02-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Certain members of this board and the campaign itself are completely incapable of leaving "liberty education mode" and moving into "national election winning mode". Liberty education mode is will not balance the budgets, release shackles from the economy or receive implementation from a new President with different policy.

Instead of saying other people are the problem, I'd suggest you look in a mirror.

I think you're being a little unfair; the campaign is not only in "liberty education mode", there is also "kiss Romney's butt" mode, in which they have been doing exemplary.

KingNothing
02-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Certain members of this board and the campaign itself are completely incapable of leaving "liberty education mode" and moving into "national election winning mode". Liberty education mode is will not balance the budgets, release shackles from the economy or receive implementation from a new President with different policy.

I do not endorse this post, and I'm not really sure what you're driving at.

Educating is THE most important thing we can do and it does not imply a lack of motivation to win now. Suggesting that anyone involved in the campaign does not want to win this election is just silly, and implying that they cannot do so while preaching the tenants of Liberty is not true. We have to educate to win, and to educate we have to be better versed in economics, history, and philosophy than everyone else. We have to be more courteous than everyone else. We have to be more optimistic than everyone else, we have to be more presentable than everyone else, and we have to be more empathetic than everyone else. And we also have to politic better than everyone else. That means we have to reach new minds while staying true to our principles. Has the campaign not done that as well as, or better than, anyone could expect? If there is blame to be shared, it is only that Paul and the rest of us are not eloquent enough to win support immediately after relaying our message to new listeners. And that just isn't feasible. It takes time to convince each individual of the value of the paradigm shift that we are proposing, and a lot of people are doing their best, and we've made AMAZING advances for our cause. In April, did you ever imagine that we'd be here? This is tremendous stuff! Appreciate everything that Paul, you, me, all of us, have accomplished so far! We haven't won a battle yet, but we are winning the war.

bobburn
02-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Whine, whine, bitch, bitch, repeat.

LibertyEagle
02-17-2012, 09:34 AM

What a fantastic crowd.

What can we do to help GOTV?

seawolf
02-17-2012, 09:39 AM
I hope someone is going to be able to do a professional type filming tomorrow at the Century Line Arena in Boise, Idaho that seats 6,000. Check out the Arena on the Events Portion of the Official Website.

I believe that event may rival the Rally for the Republic Event in Minnesota. If so, it would be great for commercials, you tube etc.

Orgoonian
02-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Based on what I saw volunteering there tonight a good majority are people who will vote. They were passionate and were taking signs and signing up to be precinct leaders. They were also largely older, not young people.
^^^
This.
I was sitting next to an elderly couple,who claimed they supported Hillary last election.
They came because they wanted to see why people liked him so much.
When Dr.Paul started talking about private property,and how you are responsible for your property(liability)but must get permission from the government to do what you wish with it,they started nodding at what he was saying.
When Dr.Paul started talking about the war on drugs,and stating that if the fed gov can tell you what you can,and cannot put into your body,then you don't even own your own body,the woman said,i never thought of it that way.

Long story short,by the end of the speech,they were both sporting Ron Paul buttons,and i made two new friends.

nasaal
02-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Voters is such a strong word. They could all be voters. But history tells us that most of them aren't. When it comes time to vote, they do other things. Glad to see a crowd that size though.

ctiger2
02-17-2012, 10:44 AM
history is watching a hero

Yep and I predict a Ron Paul movie within 10yrs.

roversaurus
02-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Certain members of this board and the campaign itself are completely incapable of leaving "liberty education mode" and moving into "national election winning mode". Liberty education mode will not balance the budgets, release shackles from the economy or receive implementation from a new President with different policy.

Calling those people "voters" IS campaign mode.

The Free Hornet
02-17-2012, 11:02 AM
The burden of proof is on the campaign. Call them attendees, people, fans, whatever you like but to blanket call them voters is inaccurate - some are also under 18, those people aren't voters. If you want the media to take the campaign seriously, I'm just encouraging the use of accurate nouns to describe the situation.

What a pedantic ass you are. The term "voters" is both a generalization and accurate. All of those people will either vote or be eligible vote for something. Even the young ones likely get a vote for who wins 'Father of the Year' or something. It would be like calling concert attendees "fans", nobody believes everyone is a fan as some are likely just there with a friend. It's not unlike describing the home crowd as supporting the home team or being a fan of the game. Some are neither.

Voters is such a strong word. They could all be voters. But history tells us that most of them aren't. When it comes time to vote, they do other things. Glad to see a crowd that size though.

You're clueless. Do you not expect Ron Paul to get at least 1800 votes in WA? Will 100% make it to the polls? That is a near impossibility and only a troll like Walt would interpret the campaign as implying such. This is what I predict about the crowd:

1) they are far more likely to vote in the Republican primary than the average King County resident
2) they are far more likely to vote for Ron Paul

Where is the evidence of people attending a rally and not voting? You must have some great info your witholding that shows people who go to a candidate's rally don't actually vote ("history tells us that most"). That was a specific and quantifiable statement you made. "Most" is more than 50% and "history" implies you actually have some source for this.

That would be gold! Can you share it or are you just talking trash?

Barrex
02-17-2012, 11:30 AM
You are all wrong and you are all right.

It is awesome that so many people showed up.
Ron packs events but there is a problem transferring those numbers in votes.

Both sides are right and both sides are wrong ...So stop name calling and fighting or I will start flaming you because I am only one who is right here :D...pih some people...

How many votes were cast last time in Washington?

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Ron got something like 21% last time in the caucuses, the primary was held after Super Tuesday when Ron didn't do well, and media falsely said he had dropped out. He got 8% then. Huckabee and McCain, not Romney, beat Ron last time.

JK/SEA
02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Here's the introduction:

i think i saw walt...

Barrex
02-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Ron got something like 21% last time in the caucuses, the primary was held after Super Tuesday when Ron didn't do well, and media falsely said he had dropped out. He got 8% then. Huckabee and McCain, not Romney, beat Ron last time.

I dont mean percentage I mean number of all voters that voted. Was it 1000 or 10000 or closer to 100000?

WD-NY
02-17-2012, 12:30 PM

First, Obama writes the drafts of his speeches (he's not a total idiot/empty suit like Bush) - second, even if he didn't write his speeches and was just really good at reading from a teleprompter, so what? How does that make any of what he says less persuasive, well constructed, and/or eloquently composed? There's a reason why ~99.9% of all 'historic' speeches were written down before being delivered... serious words demand serious thought/effort to compose. And third, have you seen Obama deliver a stump speech (which, btw change depending upon what issue he wants to 'push' to the voters/local-media of whatever state he's speaking to)? Obama = 100x better at off the cuff stumping than Ron. To claim otherwise is silly...

But that's not my point. My point is simply that if Ron speaking off-the-cuff does a disservice to us all. History doesn't remember off-the-cuff stump speeches. History remembers speeches like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2pbp0hur9RU

Has Ron given a formal speech yet this entire campaign? The answer is no. Doesn't this bother you a little? Don't you want Ron to make the most of this final opportunity and present his message in the best light possible?

Personally, I think it's absolute folly given how great a writer/thinker Ron is... I mean, the man has books of previously written speeches to draw from.

Bull, he came out with a BUNCH of in depth stuff yesterday on NDAA etc and the AP story was that he 'decried the drug war', one sensationalistic 'nutty' (or spinnable) comment out of 45 minutes of speech without notes.

Youtube? I'll be very surprised if what he said about the NDAA yesterday surpassed the eloquence of his 5 min speech on the floor of congress a few weeks back.

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 12:33 PM
First, Obama writes the drafts of his speeches (he's not a total idiot/empty suit like Bush) - second, even if he didn't write his speeches and was just really good at reading from a teleprompter, so what? How does that make any of what he says less persuasive, well constructed, and/or eloquently composed? There's a reason why ~99.9% of all 'historic' speeches were written down before being delivered... serious words demand serious thought/effort to compose. And third, have you seen Obama deliver a stump speech (which, btw change depending upon what issue he wants to 'push' to the voters/local-media of whatever state he's speaking to)? Obama = 100x better at off the cuff stumping than Ron. To claim otherwise is silly...

But that's not my point. My point is simply that if Ron speaking off-the-cuff does a disservice to us all. History doesn't remember off-the-cuff stump speeches. History remembers speeches like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2pbp0hur9RU

Has Ron given a formal speech yet this entire campaign? The answer is no. Doesn't this bother you a little? Don't you want Ron to make the most of this final opportunity and present his message in the best light possible?

Personally, I think it's absolute folly given how great a writer/thinker Ron is... I mean, the man has books of previously written speeches to draw from.

Youtube? I'll be very surprised if what he said about the NDAA yesterday surpassed the eloquence of his 5 min speech on the floor of congress a few weeks back.

You completely made that up about Obama writing the drafts of his speeches. Until he died JFK's old speechwriter was one of the ones writing his soaring rhetoric, and ind debates with Clinton he couldn't find arguments.

And about NDAA, it isn't new about NDAA it is new material in his speeches that the reporters who did NOT cover his floor speech hadn't heard whereas the drug war stuff is NOT new, so if you are right and they will write about new material, they sure didn't show that yesterday.

and no, it doesn't bother me that Ron doesn't give staged preachy speaches I would never go to hear and don't watch on TV. They are fake. His 'genuineness' and actual information is what draws me to him.

Beyond that, it isn't what he does well. Obama speaks well. He may do nothing else at all, so he uses what he has. Ron has principles, philosophy, integrity, understanding of economics, and is genuinely on the side of the people, but doesn't deliver canned speeches as Reagan did. I really like Reagan, as a speaker, but Ron has different strengths I would choose over Reagan's any day of the week. Except during an election week, if I could still have Paul at the end of it. But you go with your strenghts. That isn't his.

surf
02-17-2012, 01:43 PM
for what it's worth, i didn't attend last night and nor did any of the dozen or more delegates i have lined up primarily because i thought it'd be better to allow others to see him. it is not unfair, imo, to assume that the vast majority of those in attendance last night will show up Saturday morning and do their thing.

Drex
02-17-2012, 01:56 PM
He's a superstar!

socal
02-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Videos of event,

(part 1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lww39qyZ7EE

(part 2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTRu7pM8GEg

(part 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPv21T-ttXY

jcannon98188
02-17-2012, 07:18 PM

I was there last night. It was INSANE! I was looking around inside the room and thought "WOW! There are TONS of people here!" But ended up having to leave early (I had to get up at 4am for work today) and stepped out and there was EVEN MORE OUTSIDE!

USAFCapt
02-17-2012, 08:06 PM
No cheesy music for his intro? Does not compute...

ryanmkeisling
02-17-2012, 11:25 PM

While I am feeling your cynicism regarding the crowds not translating into votes, it is still nice to see. Mr.goose is right that things are much more spread out here in the west than in the east, the whole demographic changes.