PDA

View Full Version : Internet a threat, says new UN anti-terror chief

Texan4Life
11-12-2007, 11:03 PM
"The threat of global terrorism is starting to roll back in some areas, but the Internet is a potent weapon being used to rally militants and must be better monitored, the new UN counter-terrorism chief said on Tuesday."

"People need to be aware, communities need to be aware, people who are running Internet cafes, youth groups and so on, they need to take some measures, or be alert, and prepared to talk to the authorities when they see something happening that they are worried about," he said."

For the full story:

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSSYD21241520071113

Midnight77
11-12-2007, 11:26 PM
The Internet is a threat because the lies and corruption within our Government and Media are being exposed. That's why it's a threat. The American People are waking up.

Who knew Life could be so similar to the Matrix?

OptionsTrader
11-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Unless we change the course toward all out tyranny, my as of yet unborn kids will one day say, "Daddy, what was the internet like?"

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Who knew Life could be so similar to the Matrix?
The Wachowski Brothers knew what they were doing with that movie... The Matrix is meant to be taken literally, just like the movie "They Live" was meant to wake people up to the fact that they live in a dream world. Some people just don't want to wake up, and others will fight to protect the matrix because they are so dependent upon it.

Midnight77
11-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Unless we change the course toward all out tyranny, my as of yet unborn kids will one day say, "Daddy, what was the internet like?"

If they would try something like that, or would pass Government Regulation for control of the Internet, I predict this country would revolt. There would be anarchy.

The Wachowski Brothers knew what they were doing with that movie... The Matrix is meant to be taken literally, just like the movie "They Live" was meant to wake people up to the fact that they live in a dream world. Some people just don't want to wake up, and others will fight to protect the matrix because they are so dependent upon it.

Yep. I definitely think they knew what they were doing, too. And it was a parody with our very own lives. It's an illusion with everything. Our Media. Religion. Everything.