PDA

View Full Version : LIVEBLOG: Ron Paul To Address Hundreds of Supporters in SeaTac

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
http://universityplace.patch.com/articles/live-ron-paul-to-address-hundreds-of-supporters-in-seatac

The blog is just starting. The author seems to think it is noisy in there.

PatriotOne
02-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Breathing room only in the grand ballroom there would be around 1500 people...not counting the ones who couldn't get in. I'll look forward to his next article (if his ears are still functional...lol).

http://universityplace.patch.com/articles/live-ron-paul-to-address-hundreds-of-supporters-in-seatac

You would think Ron Paul was more rock star than politician.

Judging by the hundreds of supporters who crammed themselves into the breathing room-only Grand Ballroom at the DoubleTree Inn in SeaTac, his appearance could register CenturyLink Field-like noise tonight.

I'll check back later tonight if my ears are still functional.

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 11:34 PM
post on this from the dailypaul:

Back from Seattle(King County) Rally!
Submitted by adampeart on Fri, 02/17/2012 - 00:28.
Just got back! The Grand Ballroom and all overflows packed to capacity(I think the capacity is 2500! Standing room only, and STILL there were another 500 of us in the hotel foyer outside the ballroom that couldn't get in due to fire codes! It was quite awesome, despite the initial disappointment of not being able to get in, or even get a visual of Dr. Paul, but it was exciting to see so much support! The "we want Ron!" chants would start in the ballroom (which is all we could hear) and we'd continue the chant out in the hotel foyer, filling the lobby, restaurants, bars and halls! Let's do this Washington! Caucus March 3rd! Let's get RP the win!

http://www.dailypaul.com/214555/seattles-q13-fox-report-on-paul-1000-in-attendance-800-turned-away-in-vancouver-wa

PatriotOne
02-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Tweets51m U Place Patch @UPlacePatch
Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details
@derekmyoung @patchpolitics Based on 2nite's crowd, you would probably win. Insane enthusiasm.
1h U Place Patch @UPlacePatch
#ronpaul electrifies crowd tonight. Leaves 'em chanting his name after 30 min speech @patchpolitics
#ronpaul "The purpose of govt is to protect unas an Individual" @patchpolitics

#ronpaul "We have hyphenated our liberties" @patchpolitics

#ronpaul "The richest countries in the world have always been the free-est countries in the world" @patchpolitics

#Ronpaul supporters still on their feet as he speaks about money @patchpolitics
@patchpolitics #ronpaul "My modest proposal for the first year is to cut the budget by a billion dollars"

2h U Place Patch @UPlacePatch
#ronpaul Crowd is getting restless awaiting Mr. Paul. Chants of "Ron Paul! Ron Paul!" ...This is more rock concert than political rally.
#ronpaul Michael Sweaney, 11, of Kirkland: Country is at the edge of a debt waterfall, and Ron Paul is the only one to save it.

Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details #ronpaul #election #GOP People of all ages filing into the Grand Ballroom at the Doubletree in SeaTac to see Ron Paul.

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Here is a councilman's tweet your stream responded to:

Derek Young @derekmyoung Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
@UPlacePatch @patchpolitics Were I Mitt Romney, I'd bet you $10,000 that Ron Paul wins the Washington caucus.

PatriotOne
02-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Here is a councilman's tweet your stream responded to:

Derek Young @derekmyoung Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
@UPlacePatch @patchpolitics Were I Mitt Romney, I'd bet you $10,000 that Ron Paul wins the Washington caucus.

This showing in WA is exciting :D. Sounds like he needed the stadium instead of a ballroom!

Xelaetaks
02-17-2012, 12:04 AM
It sounds like without voter fraud Ron Paul should do solid there on voting day if all those people vote. :)

RabbitMan
02-17-2012, 12:12 AM
I was in the front-row. There were A LOT of people. You know what excited me most though?

My fiance is in a wheelchair due to a shooting incident at work, and when we went to see Colbert at the Vancouver Olympics, people were rude and we had to shove our way near the front. Eventually we ended up with this couple in front of us who wouldn't budge, and so she had to sit there not able to see anything, not able to move, not able to escape(she had to go to the bathroom, doh!). It was awful and Colbert didn't even sign our elaborate 'Cripples for Colbert' American flag sign we made.

While we didn't get an autograph for my Calvin & Hobbes comic(below), the people there were the nicest folks I've ever seen. We didn't even have to ask, people volunteered to move, and we got to an area where others were sitting down. Even when Paul arrived and they did eventually stand up, as people noticed we were behind them they volunteered again to step aside and ushering us forward. Before we knew it we were in the front row and were 20 feet away from the man! A night to remember. For the supporters, not the star. ;)

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/1403/war2m.jpg

A man can dream! I want this framed with his autograph.

PatriotOne
02-17-2012, 12:18 AM
I was in the front-row. There were A LOT of people. You know what excited me most though?

My fiance is in a wheelchair due to a shooting incident at work, and when we went to see Colbert at the Vancouver Olympics, people were rude and we had to shove our way near the front. Eventually we ended up with this couple in front of us who wouldn't budge, and so she had to sit there not able to see anything, not able to move, not able to escape(she had to go to the bathroom, doh!). It was awful and Colbert didn't even sign our elaborate 'Cripples for Colbert' American flag sign we made.

While we didn't get an autograph for my Calvin & Hobbes comic(below), the people there were the nicest folks I've ever seen. We didn't even have to ask, people volunteered to move, and we got to an area where others were sitting down. Even when Paul arrived and they did eventually stand up, as people noticed we were behind them they volunteered again to step aside and ushering us forward. Before we knew it we were in the front row and were 20 feet away from the man! A night to remember. For the supporters, not the star. ;)

Nice story. RP supporters ARE the best!

PatriotOne
02-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Clint Didier endorsed RP today also! Sure can't hurt. Didier is a Washington hero and much loved!

Ron Paul Endorsed By NFL Player, Farmer and Former U.S. Senate Candidate Clint Didier

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/16/ron-paul-endorsed-by-nfl-player-farmer-and-former-u-s-senate-candidate-clint-didier/

francisco
02-17-2012, 12:22 AM
I wonder if it is occurring to Ron Paul and his close aides that they have a tiger by the tail.

What I haven't seen pointed out yet:

The events today weren't even made public until Tuesday afternoon!

PatriotOne
02-17-2012, 12:28 AM
I wonder if it is occurring to Ron Paul and his close aides that they have a tiger by the tail.

What I haven't seen pointed out yet:

The events today weren't even made public until Tuesday afternoon!

That is amazing. Maybe the Seahawk stadium wasn't avaliable so they had to downplay it ;).

sailingaway
02-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Well, Boise has a rink with 6000 seats if they need it. They can expand as necessary. I wish they'd had that in Washington....

jcarcinogen
02-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Well, Boise has a rink with 6000 seats if they need it. They can expand as necessary. I wish they'd had that in Washington....

Well it was by the airport obviously for convenience since he was pretty busy today and will be tomorrow. The parking really sucks there and I really was impressed by how many were there.

speciallyblend
02-17-2012, 01:17 AM

awesome,samething happened to us in 2008 .People would help so my wife could be upfront! When she was in a wheelchair!