PDA

View Full Version : Wha'? Apparently Ron Paul approached Romney about ATL debate?

wgadget
02-16-2012, 11:02 PM
So Tweeted Jamie Dupree.

????

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 11:04 PM
That is one rumor. I doubt either Romney or Ron started it, so I wonder how accurate it is. But Ron isn't likely to win Georgia against Newt, and two days off a northernmore trip..... for two minutes of speaking time, if history is any guide....

There is another debate on the 27th or something.

The Gold Standard
02-16-2012, 11:04 PM
What did he say?

wgadget
02-16-2012, 11:16 PM
He said:

jamiedupree (@jamiedupree)
2/16/12 8:09 PM
Evidently Ron Paul's campaign first approached the Romney camp about not doing the March 1 debate in Atlanta

wgadget
02-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Shameless.

rp2012win
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
This was a good move. It was in gingrich's backyard of GA, the crowd would have been blood thirsty for iran and islamic extremist talk

eleganz
02-16-2012, 11:48 PM
why is gingrich still in this race......

wgadget
02-16-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm gonna go wIth self adulation?

ryanmkeisling
02-17-2012, 12:00 AM
The doughboy will be done soon enough.

Rev9

anaconda
02-17-2012, 12:20 AM

Rev9

Isn't he predicted to win several southern states? Why would he quit?

ryanmkeisling
02-17-2012, 12:27 AM

IDK, my Dad died today and I'm drunk. He isn't even on the ballot in all of the states?

Blue
02-17-2012, 12:32 AM

Only one I know he will for sure win is Georgia.

tommyzDad
02-17-2012, 12:35 AM

Rev9

His promise of a Moon Base really won some people over. :D

ericthethe
02-17-2012, 12:43 AM
He really has not reason to quit as long as he keeps getting funded. And I'm sure he's having fun shitting all over Romney in the debates.

Looks like he's in it till the end. Like Dr. Paul, this is probably his last political attempt at anything.

JJ2
02-17-2012, 12:50 AM
As I posted in the other thread, I think it was a huge mistake, if it's true. We need Newt to "surge" again and take votes away from Santorum! A 4-way race is the best way for Paul to win the caucus states such as WA, ID, ND, etc.

Otherwise, Santorum could win again like he did in MN and CO!

fatjohn
02-17-2012, 12:55 AM
IDK, my Dad died today

Sorry to hear, my condolences.

patriot2008
02-17-2012, 01:01 AM
IDK, my Dad died today and I'm drunk. He isn't even on the ballot in all of the states?

Yes. May God Bless you and your Dad!

Paul Or Nothing II
02-17-2012, 01:03 AM

My condolences :(

Tod
02-17-2012, 01:07 AM

My condolences to you for your loss....

speciallyblend
02-17-2012, 01:12 AM
As I posted in the other thread, I think it was a huge mistake, if it's true. We need Newt to "surge" again and take votes away from Santorum! A 4-way race is the best way for Paul to win the caucus states such as WA, ID, ND, etc.

o you mean the straw poll vote? , delegates is where we won in colorado.

Rede
02-17-2012, 01:18 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. All the best...

Sullivan*
02-17-2012, 01:19 AM
He'll quit because he won't win any more states.

Adam West
02-17-2012, 01:23 AM

Rev9

Haha Michelin Man cometh!

SCOTUSman
02-17-2012, 01:30 AM
Why would Newt quit or should quit? This race has been extremely volatile. After winning Iowa, he did horrible in New Hampshire, barely beat Paul in SC and Florida and finished last in Nevada. A lot of people here said he should get out...he stayed in and swept the next three contests. Nobody should get out of the race...such a back and forth, extremely volatile race. I seriously question people's political analysis here.

Adam West
02-17-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. All the best...

This is terrible news. I think I will get drunk in sympathy.

ryanmkeisling
02-17-2012, 01:56 AM
I thank you good folk for your sympathies. It is alright, despite being a neocon he was good father and a good man, he taught me a lot about the world. He chose his fate, and could never go against the establishment in anything, and despite my pleading with him to not continue the chemo therapy he let the dr. murder him, but stage 4 pancreatic adenocarcinoma is bad even without the chemo. Most patients get 3 months.

I will miss him, RIP Dad.

anaconda
02-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Why would Newt quit or should quit? This race has been extremely volatile. After winning Iowa, he did horrible in New Hampshire, barely beat Paul in SC and Florida and finished last in Nevada. A lot of people here said he should get out...he stayed in and swept the next three contests. Nobody should get out of the race...such a back and forth, extremely volatile race. I seriously question people's political analysis here.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking. Romney should unleash hard-hitting Santorum attacks which will help Newt.

bluesc
02-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Cool.

brenton
02-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I thank you good folk for your sympathies. It is alright, despite being a neocon he was good father and a good man, he taught me a lot about the world. He chose his fate, and could never go against the establishment in anything, and despite my pleading with him to not continue the chemo therapy he let the dr. murder him, but stage 4 pancreatic adenocarcinoma is bad even without the chemo. Most patients get 3 months.

wishing you and your family the best man, sorry for your loss.

bluesc
02-18-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm sorry for your loss :(

GeorgiaAvenger
02-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Tuesday:
Alaska
Georgia
Idaho
Massachusetts
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Vermont
Virginia

crh88
02-18-2012, 04:14 PM
His promise of a Moon Base really won some people over. :D

Hell yeah! The lack of Moon bases is the number 1 problem facing this country today. If we just had a Moon base, our economy would suddenly jump into high gear, the problems over seas would end (space nukes FTW), and ammmerka would be back on top of the dung heap!

Seriously though, what the hell is wrong with that man... Build a freaking Moon base while the economy is in the gutter...

wgadget
02-18-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm thinking Newt is a classic Keynesian. Spend our way to prosperity...

crh88
02-18-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm thinking Newt is a classic Keynesian. Spend our way to prosperity on the moon...

Fixed. :P

craezie
02-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Hell yeah! The lack of Moon bases is the number 1 problem facing this country today. If we just had a Moon base, our economy would suddenly jump into high gear, the problems over seas would end (space nukes FTW), and ammmerka would be back on top of the dung heap!

Seriously though, what the hell is wrong with that man... Build a freaking Moon base while the economy is in the gutter...

Well as dumb as the moon base sounds, I would sure rather be building technology to send to the moon than building technology to blow up in Afghanistan!

crh88
02-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Well as dumb as the moon base sounds, I would sure rather be building technology to send to the moon than building technology to blow up in Afghanistan!

I'm definitely with you there! But I have the feeling that Gingrich would just loooove to weaponize space technology. I keep picturing something akin to the Death Star...

I can't even imagine how much a moon base would cost though. I think it would be awesome to have a moon base (I think space exploration is critical to the future), but it needs to be handled by the private sector.

MsDoodahs
02-18-2012, 08:49 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

DRFilms
02-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Hold on now... Not so fast! I was at the Gwinnett mass meeting this morning and Dr Paul had a HUGE showing, beating Newt in the straw poll by a decent margin, and we didn't leave. We stayed behind to be sure our names were counted as delegates. Oh... Newt.. he was even THERE and he didn't win. This is one of the biggest counties in GA, so yes... I'd say we have a good shot at taking GA.

Watch the video here: http://www.11alive.com/news/article/228458/40/Gingrich-pins-hopes-on-Georgia-victory

And this is the video I made when I got home this morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS1euZgCRgE&feature=youtu.be

wgadget
02-19-2012, 12:20 AM
LOL

I was WONDERING where all those Newt rallies were being held.

The media likes to say it was standing room only...HAHA...at a GOP precinct meeting! I figured that or it was an Adulterers Anonymous meeting. Herman Cain introduced him somewhere..

ghengis86
02-19-2012, 01:06 AM

My condolences. Life is for the living; mourn your loss and be resolute in your life on this planet. You can only do the best that you can.

Be strong, take care and know you've got a shitload of liberty lovers who wish to see you prosper in your endeavors.

God speed his grace, my friend.

DRFilms
02-19-2012, 11:43 AM
LOL

I was WONDERING where all those Newt rallies were being held.

The media likes to say it was standing room only...HAHA...at a GOP precinct meeting! I figured that or it was an Adulterers Anonymous meeting. Herman Cain introduced him somewhere..

Yes.. in the video above from 11 alive they said "a packed HS auditorium"... I believe that was the auditorium where the precinct meeting took place! It was a "Collins Hill HS" so of course it was packed... we all came to become delegates. Notice how they cut off the Ron Paul supporters cheering after the vote was announced? It was a HUGE cheer much larger than any other candidates. I was standing in line to turn in my paperwork to become a delegate and the cheers were from across the hall.

No Free Beer
02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
why is gingrich still in this race......

Because his master donated another 10 million to his superpac.

It is good, believe me.

I hope they all stay in so there is a better chance of a brokered convention.

RickyJ
02-19-2012, 11:51 AM

I pray God will comfort you at this time. Just remember that death is not the end of life, just this life in the flesh on Earth, it is just the beginning of eternal life.

No Free Beer
02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Shameless.

What is shameless?

skytoucher
02-19-2012, 11:59 AM

This debate is Gingrich's last chance to get resurrected. Now that the 2 debates (CNN - Mar 1st and NBC - Mar 5th) before Super Tuesday are cancelled -he isn't needed by those who want to make sure Paul isn't allowed into a 3 person debate.

specsaregood
02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
What is shameless?

A darn good weekly show on the showtime channel, now in season 2. It is a remake of a UK series.

wgadget
02-19-2012, 12:11 PM
What is shameless?

The bump. :o

wgadget
02-19-2012, 12:11 PM
This debate is Gingrich's last chance to get resurrected. Now that the 2 debates (CNN - Mar 1st and NBC - Mar 5th) before Super Tuesday are cancelled -he isn't needed by those who want to make sure Paul isn't allowed into a 3 person debate.

But the February 22 one is still on.

wgadget
02-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Yes.. in the video above from 11 alive they said "a packed HS auditorium"... I believe that was the auditorium where the precinct meeting took place! It was a "Collins Hill HS" so of course it was packed... we all came to become delegates. Notice how they cut off the Ron Paul supporters cheering after the vote was announced? It was a HUGE cheer much larger than any other candidates. I was standing in line to turn in my paperwork to become a delegate and the cheers were from across the hall.

That is SO funny. I heard all over the news and on Twitter about all Newt's "standing room only" crowds, but none said anything about them being at precinct meetings. I guess that would take away some of the effect...It would be weird if the SRO crowds for Newt were mostly made up of Ron Paul supporters, now, wouldn't it? Someone on Twitter was bragging and I asked them if it was an AA (Adulterers Anonymous) meeting or just a GOP precinct meeting. It was the latter...HAHAHAHA!