PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Maddow covers Maine vote debacle 3rd night in a row

jct74
02-16-2012, 10:33 PM
also interviews chairman of Washington County GOP Chris Gardner during the segment
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#46422536

robertwerden
02-16-2012, 10:43 PM
WOW, Washington will "likely" be counted, and there are GOTV on a massive scale in Washington by Paul organizers.

affa
02-16-2012, 10:43 PM
this link is taking me to debate footage...

NM... reloaded page and it worked. odd.

Adam West
02-16-2012, 10:48 PM
this link is taking me to debate footage...

NM... reloaded page and it worked. odd.

I clicked the link, wated a bit, then watched a Toyota commercial. After that, the show came on.

jay_dub
02-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I haven't seen it said whether there will be a public vote count or not. Had it not been for Belfast counting publicly, no telling what might have happened in Waldo County.

WIwarrior
02-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I hope we dominate Washington county! It would be such a morale boost to get a win. We just need that spark to set of the explosion of liberty! I know we can do it.

cilution
02-16-2012, 10:59 PM
I hope the GOP doesn't scramble together enough support to offset our efforts in the late caucuses since they know they're facing an embarrassing situation if they don't. We must out-organize them.

VictorB
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope the GOP doesn't scramble together enough support to offset our efforts in the late caucuses since they know they're facing an embarrassing situation if they don't. We must out-organize them.

The GOP establishment has no support. They create artificial support by just making up the numbers. They couldn't get enough REAL people out to the caucus if they tried.

economics102
02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
One other thing we have going for us now: supporters of Gingrich and Santorum have a strong incentive to vote for Ron Paul in order to weaken Romney.

rp2012win
02-16-2012, 11:04 PM
We're going to find out the exact number of ron paul supporters in washington county on Sat. If you live in that county and do not show up to caucus for ron paul, you're really just part of the problem.

pauliticalfan
02-16-2012, 11:14 PM
A couple things...

1) We really need to dominate in Washington County. GOTV!!!!!!!!!

2) What time is the caucus on Saturday? I wanna make sure I'm up for it.

3) Doug Wead needs to get his stuff together. He's a great spokesman, but he needs to have the facts.

Another solid piece by Rachel.

Publicani
02-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Doug told her that Ron Paul won Washington county in 2008, the single county in Maine. She said that actually McCain won it. Who is right?

WIwarrior
02-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Doug told her that Ron Paul won Washington county in 2008, the single county in Maine. She said that actually McCain won it. Who is right?

Maddow is right. A bunch of people where saying it here before the interview took place because Ron said the same thing. There needs to be some connection of the grassroots and the campaign to avoid these errors.

economics102
02-16-2012, 11:21 PM

According to the sources cited on Wikipedia (including here: http://mysite.verizon.net/mark.j.ellis/Caucus%20Tally%20Report.pdf), Ron Paul DID win one county in 2008, but that county was Aroostook, not Washington.

So, what is the evidence that makes the RP crowd so confident that Washington will be our stronghold this time around? Just curious.

MrGoose
02-16-2012, 11:26 PM
I can see it now... Ron Paul's victory speech in Washington State:

"The flames of liberty are burning all the way from Washington State to Washington County!"

pauliticalfan
02-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Another way to look at Washington is that is was one of only two counties that Romney DID NOT WIN in 2008. Therefore, logic says he won't win it again this time and we have a real opportunity there.

RonPaulwillWin
02-16-2012, 11:27 PM
She should at least give a shoutout to ben swann

justatrey
02-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I hated Rachel Maddow before she started covering this. Now I almost think we should be sending her thank you emails??

freneticentropy
02-16-2012, 11:30 PM
I hated Rachel Maddow before she started covering this. Now I almost think we should be sending her thank you emails??

She's not doing it out of love, trust me. She just wants to stir trouble in the GOP. But thankfully, it works to our advantage.

parocks
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
WOW, Washington will "likely" be counted, and there are GOTV on a massive scale in Washington by Paul organizers.

Is there? The official campaign is solid. They're fully staffed and the instructions are to contact Eric if you think you might come to Washington Co. You might fill me in on the GOTV on a massive scale.

Shemdogg's calling registered Rs and Is project is coming along. There's another project also involving calling which might or might not be happening. The official campaign needs callers in Falmouth. To call ID'd voters for GOTV. That should be taken care of easily but they do want callers there. I tried to get money from here to someone on the ground in Maine (I'm in Maine, but I wanted someone who had been in contact with Violet, so that the grassroots and the official can do their own things without conflict). So I found someone who I thought would be good, some people here sent her some money, and now she just doesn't seem to like that idea.

How does this sound to you? When the "rogue supporters" show up, Valerie hands them the money and tells them to "go get votes". How does that sound to people? The campaign is worried about rogue supporters. That money could be useful to take care of the "rogue supporter" problem and provides extra GOTV. Win all around. It would be nice if someone hit the Maine For Ron Paul facebook group and encourage her, if it matters (and on balance the amount of money isn't exactly make or break), to spend the money she got, from people here, on what we sent it for. Heck, even if it didn't get spent right, the money will have gotten to Washington County. Maybe Valerie can be embraced as a hero. I bet she'd like that.

ryanmkeisling
02-16-2012, 11:43 PM
She is loving this, and Doug Wead is a master, because this is now getting mainstream coverage.

The GOP is doing all sorts of corrupt shit, in every state I can assume. This is one historical presidential race if nothing else. I hate the GOP, and everything they currently stand for. I shot one of the pigs tonight (I was out of pork but still, the pig was not the GOP) and I feel like I took some of my aggression out on the poor girl, she was the nicest one.

The pigs in zen. NOBP.

eleganz
02-16-2012, 11:44 PM
She's not doing it out of love, trust me. She just wants to stir trouble in the GOP. But thankfully, it works to our advantage.

Exactly..she is HAPPY to make the GOP look like a circus show and it has nothing to do with Ron Paul and 'fairness'

parocks
02-16-2012, 11:51 PM
According to the sources cited on Wikipedia (including here: http://mysite.verizon.net/mark.j.ellis/Caucus%20Tally%20Report.pdf), Ron Paul DID win one county in 2008, but that county was Aroostook, not Washington.

So, what is the evidence that makes the RP crowd so confident that Washington will be our stronghold this time around? Just curious.

2 things pop into mind. Benton was confident that Washington was our best county and that we would definitely would've won if there wasn't a snowstorm. Another was based on a confusing mistake, where a Washington County Minnesota was confused with Maine. Something about Cottage Grove? Something like that.

I think we'll win. In 2008 there were 131 votes cast in Washington County. Ron Paul got 8. And in order to win the state we need to win by about 1.5 times as many as the total of 2008. That doesn't seem particularly easy. I really thought that special GOTV would be necessary to win. Now, this could easily be happening, and I just don't know about it. That is definitely a very real possibility. I'm just saying that 194 is a lot. A lot of people really want to win, and we just hope that something more than just the standard phone from home voter id / gotv / stand around with signs is taking place.

anaconda
02-16-2012, 11:59 PM
So Doug Wead was flagrantly incorrect about Washington County results in 2008, on Maddow's nationally televised program?

francisco
02-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Only a wistful dream...but just possibly maybe it happens: we need a "It's a Wonderful Life" moment, where the whole town turns out for the forces of good.

anaconda
02-17-2012, 12:06 AM

She has always been very, very friendly to Ron when he's been on her program. It was Rand that she went for the jugular with.

socal
02-17-2012, 12:16 AM
After listening to Chris Gardner, it makes me think there was no conspiracy in delaying the Wash and Hancock County caucuses, and even less likely Romney had any part in it. Announcing the results Sat night, and not counting votes in Waldo County, the city of Waterville, etc., is a different matter.

noxnoctum
02-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Man these are exciting times people!

Good on Maddow, even if I'm sure her intentions are to hurt the GOP rather than help Ron Paul.

danda
02-17-2012, 12:21 AM
toob?

BlakeB
02-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Lol @ Maddow and the GOP, it takes a staunch hater of everything Republican to make a report on possible fraud in the Republican field. I guess in some ways this is good but the intentions are not.

If you ever want to read the most ignorant and hateful blog, go to maddows, I'm sure you will find a good laugh :)

Student Of Paulism
02-17-2012, 01:34 AM
So Doug Wead was flagrantly incorrect about Washington County results in 2008, on Maddow's nationally televised program?

Seems to be the case, but i guess he was just wasnt informed on the specifics of it all. He also said the Washington Cty chairman was the one who conspired to shut down the caucus due to snow, and he said tonight that the caucus goers decided that. Kind of a he said/she said type deal there though.

As for Rachel, well even though she had dogged Ron several times, she is kind of like a Cenk in some ways, where one minute she will give him credit, and the next she will take cheap shots. But after all, she is a hard left leaning moderate type, so really, what can you expect. Plus she works for a network who is on the left as well. But hell, i can tolerate her and MSNBC 100x more than CNN or FoX. It's not like Rachel or others stand up for Obama or anything either, she has crapped all over him a lot as well, and rightfully so. It's more justified in her case, unlike Oreilly, Douchebaugh, Beck and Levin who pretend to be champions of liberty and republican values, when they are really NWO acolytes from hell. But yea, anyone on the left is gonna be loving this mess the GOP created, so she is surely having a field day with it lol. But MSNBC being one of the big msm networks, this is great exposure for us no matter how you slice it.

JJ2
02-17-2012, 02:13 AM

Yes. They kept getting this wrong. It was just a matter of time before someone would finally call them out on it.

ryanmkeisling
02-17-2012, 02:37 AM
Yes. They kept getting this wrong. It was just a matter of time before someone would finally call them out on it.

That is what they wanted. You honestly don't think they know how well RP did there last time?

This is not Doug Wead's first time at the horses, nor is it Ron Paul's.

Mark37snj
02-17-2012, 02:38 AM

I wonder if Doug is following the "There is no such thing as bad press" mantra. I mean because of that we are getting alot of extra publicity.

BenIsForRon
02-17-2012, 02:46 AM

The "Romney's guys cancelled the caucus" thing is even worse. Wead needs to avoid stating hearsay as fact. Not professional, not fair.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-17-2012, 05:12 AM
The vote we need is actually less than 194 due to the outstanding results from Waldo County and other assorted towns in ME that have ZERO showing up, but went decidedly to Paul (by quite a margin). I'd say we probably need 125 to 150 or so (if that much).

Student Of Paulism
02-17-2012, 05:43 AM
The vote we need is actually less than 194 due to the outstanding results from Waldo County and other assorted towns in ME that have ZERO showing up, but went decidedly to Paul (by quite a margin). I'd say we probably need 125 to 150 or so (if that much).

Well that is definitely doable. The Waldo Cty Chairman said he expects 300-350 people to come out, and Washington Cty has over 6000 registered republicans. That is pretty insane too, wtf!? 6000 repubs in the county alone, yet only that same amount vote overall in the whole state!? Why are all these registered voters not f'ing voting? Jeeez.

Natural Citizen
02-17-2012, 06:11 AM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8109829/ron_paul_revolution_2012/

tbone717
02-17-2012, 06:28 AM
Now we just need to get her, and other anchors investigating the possibility of Paul being in the delegate lead (or at least a very close second) for the entire contest. We need that story to get out there within the next 2 weeks, and we need to get multiple media outlets picking up on it.

unknown
02-17-2012, 06:34 AM
I wonder what her agenda is. I dont know if shes a bad person, but terribly misguided.

Maybe she is starting to see the injustice of the system, the blatant bias against Ron Paul.

rprprs
02-17-2012, 06:52 AM

Exactly..she is HAPPY to make the GOP look like a circus show and it has nothing to do with Ron Paul and 'fairness'

Lol @ Maddow and the GOP, it takes a staunch hater of everything Republican to make a report on possible fraud in the Republican field. I guess in some ways this is good but the intentions are not.

If you ever want to read the most ignorant and hateful blog, go to maddows, I'm sure you will find a good laugh :)QFT.
By all means, use what we can here for our advantage but NEVER forget this.
This has little, if anything, to do with "fainess", or even good investigative journalism. It is agenda driven, and that agenda is to besmirch the Rebublican party to the ultimate benefit of the Democrats. If Maddow has to expose information seemingly to Paul's benefit, she will happily do so in pursuit of her overall goal. Rest assured, should this particular issue no longer serve her purpose, she will turn in the blink of an eye.

Narmical
02-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Seems to be the case, but i guess he was just wasnt informed on the specifics of it all. He also said the Washington Cty chairman was the one who conspired to shut down the caucus due to snow, and he said tonight that the caucus goers decided that. Kind of a he said/she said type deal there though.

Of course he is going to say some version of "Nothing to see here" in an TV Interview. What he said on that show proves nothing.

KingNothing
02-17-2012, 07:23 AM
I wonder what her agenda is. I dont know if shes a bad person, but terribly misguided.

Maybe she is starting to see the injustice of the system, the blatant bias against Ron Paul.

She doesn't care about that.

She cares about a story, and this is one. And, even more, she cares about a story that makes the Republican establishment look stupid and crooked. This certainly fits that description.

But it's an important thing to keep in mind - we should be aware of what motivates people and work together when our interests intersect, and be respectful when they don't. Really, that's what I get out of Ron Paul's "let's build coalitions" mantra. It's all about understanding what motivates people, and taking advantage of it to reach and end that you find desirable.

splanky
02-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Also, just having a Rachel Maddow seemingly on our side about something turns a lot of the establishment-voting Republicans off. She knows this too. It's like the person who either believes everything he reads in the paper, or nothing he reads in the paper. The truth, the road to success, lies in between. The truth often comes from unexpected sources, just as it's stupid to expect a trusted source to always be right.

Captain Shays
02-17-2012, 07:28 AM

Uh, don't get yer hopes up. Haven't you seen by now what we're up against? We don't even have to say "remember the Maine". Our short memories can have us reciting "remember Iowa" or "remember Nevada"

mosquitobite
02-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Also, just having a Rachel Maddow seemingly on our side about something turns a lot of the establishment-voting Republicans off. She knows this too. It's like the person who either believes everything he reads in the paper, or nothing he reads in the paper. The truth, the road to success, lies in between. The truth often comes from unexpected sources, just as it's stupid to expect a trusted source to always be right.

This is SOOOO true.

jacmicwag
02-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Since Dems and Indy's can register at the caucus, using this to our advantage would be getting some of those folks to come out and vote for Ron. Not sure what the motivation is for them - maybe help Obama by keeping out Mitt.

Travlyr
02-17-2012, 08:42 AM
The "Romney's guys cancelled the caucus" thing is even worse. Wead needs to avoid stating hearsay as fact. Not professional, not fair.

:rolleyes:

BenIsForAnybodyButRon

MsDoodahs
02-17-2012, 08:52 AM
:rolleyes:

BenIsForAnybodyButRon

yep.

Tod
02-17-2012, 08:56 AM
A couple things...

1) We really need to dominate in Washington County. GOTV!!!!!!!!!

2) What time is the caucus on Saturday? I wanna make sure I'm up for it.

3) Doug Wead needs to get his stuff together. He's a great spokesman, but he needs to have the facts.

Another solid piece by Rachel.

Ben Swann put out some bad information too: he said that the STATE made both the decision to postpone the WA CO vote AND not count it. According to Chris Gardner, each town decided unanimously to postpone, but that they did not know at the time that their votes would not be counted.

I'm VERY glad they will now be counted.

Kudos and thanks to EVERYONE who took the time to call the state gop and/or the A.G.'s office. ::high fives::

jrskblx125
02-17-2012, 09:05 AM
He needs a hell of a lot more than 194 votes. Hes knocked it down to 154 ish with waldo county. The two caucuses tomorrow need to go at the very least 50% to ron paul. All we can hope for is no gotv for rmoney. If 500 vote tomorrow night we need 50% (250) and romney has to get less than 20% (100) lol. It wont be easy.

vechorik
02-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Maddow is just bashing Republicans as corrupt and it's a coincidence RP benefits from that. Don't think she is doing us any favors in the long run.

green73
02-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Why do all these GOP lackeys look like douchebags?

low preference guy
02-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Why do all these GOP lackeys look like douchebags?

cause they are?

Rev9

mosquitobite
02-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Ben Swann put out some bad information too: he said that the STATE made both the decision to postpone the WA CO vote AND not count it. According to Chris Gardner, each town decided unanimously to postpone, but that they did not know at the time that their votes would not be counted.

The Hancock Co GOP chair said the same thing though, and Hancock was already scheduled for Feb 18th. He said until Sunday the 12th he had NO IDEA that their votes weren't going to count for the straw poll total.

bcreps85
02-17-2012, 10:14 AM
The Hancock Co GOP chair said the same thing though, and Hancock was already scheduled for Feb 18th. He said until Sunday the 12th he had NO IDEA that their votes weren't going to count for the straw poll total.

Another point of interest is that Gardner has been saying it was not his decision to cancel the Washington County caucus, that people were involved at the state level, etc etc. Someone from the state said it was his decision alone...

Not sure what involvement there was at the state level, but it is clear to me that this Gardner guy is a corrupt lying POS.