PDA

View Full Version : To those concerned that Webster will hold the "new" result until March 10...

economics102
02-16-2012, 10:21 PM
The idea that he will actually be able to get away with this seems so inconceivable to me that I'm not even worried about it.

Think about it. They're releasing the new, corrected numbers for all the other counties NOW.

Obviously the Washington County caucuses are going to be extra-vigilant now about making sure they publicly count and publicly record the votes, given everything that's happened so far.

So let's say after Saturday, the public counts show RP picking up enough new votes to be the statewide winner. And Charlie Webster sticks to his line that he's not going to announce the new winner -- even though he knows who it is -- until March 10.

Can you imagine the hellstorm that would rain down upon him? Not just from us, from the whole MSM. The story will be WAY too big to ignore by then. Especially after we've all seen this play out before in Iowa and Matt Strawn was forced to resign in disgrace subsequently.

The only way Webster might be able to avoid this is if the publicly known tallies for Washington County leave some question as to whether Ron Paul has won.

Restore America Now
02-16-2012, 10:21 PM
I think he said he will release them tomorrow.

dancjm
02-16-2012, 10:25 PM
The idea that he will actually be able to get away with this seems so inconceivable to me that I'm not even worried about it.

Think about it. They're releasing the new, corrected numbers for all the other counties NOW.

Obviously the Washington County caucuses are going to be extra-vigilant now about making sure they publicly count and publicly record the votes, given everything that's happened so far.

So let's say after Saturday, the public counts show RP picking up enough new votes to be the statewide winner. And Charlie Webster sticks to his line that he's not going to announce the new winner -- even though he knows who it is -- until March 10.

Can you imagine the hellstorm that would rain down upon him? Not just from us, from the whole MSM. The story will be WAY too big to ignore by then. Especially after we've all seen this play out before in Iowa and Matt Strawn was forced to resign in disgrace subsequently.

The only way Webster might be able to avoid this is if the publicly known tallies for Washington County leave some question as to whether Ron Paul has won.

This.

tennman
02-16-2012, 10:31 PM
I like it!

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 10:33 PM
my worry is that they will get every party person in Hancock and Washington county to caucus one way or another to cover their reputation and with the colleges now going to be out of session, we won't beat them. I'll worry about them releasing the numbers when I know we won those....

I know nothing about Hancock County. Is it good for us?

kathy88
02-16-2012, 11:40 PM
I think he said he will release them tomorrow. hopefully right before he resigns.

twomp
02-16-2012, 11:47 PM
What colleges get out in the middle of February? Is it spring break or something? Out here in California, we only get spring break, winter break and summer break off school with the occasional semester/trimester break but that is never in February, do people in Maine go to school on a different schedule?

sailingaway
02-16-2012, 11:51 PM
What colleges get out in the middle of February? Is it spring break or something? Out here in California, we only get spring break, winter break and summer break off school with the occasional semester/trimester break but that is never in February, do people in Maine go to school on a different schedule?

winter break starts tomorrow for the two colleges in Washington County. It may be a semester break. It is a week long.

parocks
02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
my worry is that they will get every party person in Hancock and Washington county to caucus one way or another to cover their reputation and with the colleges now going to be out of session, we won't beat them. I'll worry about them releasing the numbers when I know we won those....

The less favorable parts (Bar Harbor, Blue Hill) have already voted. Good question, I'll look that up.

2008 Hancock towns that are caucusing tomorrow.

Mccain 12
Romney 7
Paul 4

Aurora/Amherst, 1 mcc 5 und
Eastbrook, 2 mcc
Franklin, ??? none
Mariaville, ??? none
Osborn ??? none
Gouldsboro, ??? none

Hancock,
7 romney
5 mccain
3 paul
2 undec
1 huck
1 writein
19 total

Lamoine, ??? none
Waltham, ??? none
Sorrento, 4 mcc 1 paul
Sullivan, ??? none
Winter Harbor, ??? none
Fletcher’s Landing ??? none

rp2012win
02-16-2012, 11:58 PM
I doubt we'll need to call about it. Rachael Maddow, every democrat alive, every Paul supporter alive, ron paul himself, santorum, gingrich, and everyone who hates mitt romney will make it a massive controversy and Romney himself will beg and plead with Webster to get it over with because it will become a national liability for romney going into michigan

parocks
02-17-2012, 12:55 AM
winter break starts tomorrow for the two colleges in Washington County. It may be a semester break. It is a week long.

I still think we should figure out what's going on at U M Machias (the other college is a community college and hour away, it's less relevant that it's on break). UMM is 5 miles away. Some students might just still be there the next day. I don't know the habits or customs up there. I would argue that if and when rogue supporters show up, they should be sent to that college to try to round up the students. 5 miles, 8 minutes away by car.

Tod
02-17-2012, 01:01 AM

Really, I would think some Santorum (ya happy, Jeffster, giver of negative rep for the F____y word?) and Gingrich voters would be happy to help deny Romney a victory and vote for Paul towards that end. I hope so anyway.

Tod
02-17-2012, 01:05 AM

I must confess, I don't understand this thing about whether colleges are in session or not. When I was in college (which happened to be in Michigan) I voted absentee for my place of legal residence, Ohio.

If anything, if a college were not in session, it should make it easier for students to vote, no?

ryanmkeisling
02-17-2012, 01:35 AM
I would thin most out of state students are registered in their home resident states, those that are registered. I think in most places you have to show residency to register to vote.

Student Of Paulism
02-17-2012, 01:49 AM
I must confess, I don't understand this thing about whether colleges are in session or not. When I was in college (which happened to be in Michigan) I voted absentee for my place of legal residence, Ohio.

If anything, if a college were not in session, it should make it easier for students to vote, no?

Lol yea, i dont why this is made out to be an issue. If people are off, hell, it should make it all the more easier. And if they really take their voting serious, then it is irrelevant.

As for Webster, no way he is going to wait til the 10th. He is under immense pressure and scrutiny right now. He already changed his mind about releasing the updating numbers, and counting the votes in those 2 counties. He is obviously a major puppet for some big fish though, no doubt about that. Someone is giving him orders for all of these decisions, reminds me of that other lap dog, Bill Gardner in NH. He was told to cancel those caucuses and let them know it would count, as to not cause any issues with the county gop chairman, all the while knowing to go back on his word soon after saying they wouldn't be counted, AFTER he announced it. But they probably didn't expect the media to be all over it and all the outrage even from some gop county chairs. So he comes out saying 'fuck this, it's not being released, my staffer is in tears, ive gotten deahtheats, the votes wont matter anyway to be enough to beat Mitt, if it were Mitt who lost by 20 votes no one would care, blah blah blah'. The guy is obvious distraught as all hell and stressing big time. The ones pulling his strings are seeing this, and trying to do damage control now, so he keeps changing his mind.

And soon, he will change his mind once 100% of ME has reported, because there is no way the people and the county gop is gonna put up with waiting til after ST, not to mention he is already close to being fired. If he tries stalling more, he will definitely be kicked out.

And from what Maddow was showing, this is considered to be a 'RECOUNT', so there is techically NO WINNER for ME right now lol. They said they were going to be recounting all the votes supposedly.