PDA

View Full Version : New Money Bomb Ideas

iGGz
02-16-2012, 07:40 PM
[}{]

hammy
02-16-2012, 07:45 PM
I like this idea. Maybe have a more "palpable" goal, IE, put a ticker up something like this:

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/8861/examplez.png

Only with more things or whatever. Just a concept idea.

Okie RP fan
02-16-2012, 07:48 PM
We need to quit extending them.

It seems that when we extend them they flatline. At least, that's my opinion.

NOBP should have been a one day MB.

IterTemporis
02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
We need to quit extending them.

It seems that when we extend them they flatline. At least, that's my opinion.

NOBP should have been a one day MB.

They extend them because they need money. Even if today's total wasn't close to near as high as Feb. 14th, when the moneybomb started, they still manage to raise a lot more than they do daily.

At paul.depositwiz.com it shows that $135 k was raised so far today. I have noticed that usually the campaign raises around 25 to 30k on non-moneybomb days. Extending it does produce more money, even if it is not as much as we would like.

Okie RP fan
02-16-2012, 08:16 PM
They extend them because they need money. Even if today's total wasn't close to near as high as Feb. 14th, when the moneybomb started, they still manage to raise a lot more than they do daily.

At paul.depositwiz.com it shows that $135 k was raised so far today. I have noticed that usually the campaign raises around 25 to 30k on non-moneybomb days. Extending it does produce more money, even if it is not as much as we would like.

I didn't think it received that much more money. So, I stand corrected.

carterm
02-16-2012, 08:17 PM
like i've stated before, if we want a successful moneybomb, we need a taped message from the doctor himself on youtube. he is viewed as a rockstar. his advocation of the moneybomb in video form will send donations through the roof.

iGGz
02-16-2012, 08:22 PM
[}{]

No Free Beer
02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
I think an APRIL FOOLS DAY one would be good.

In this moneybomb we could expose the lies on every other candidate. The theme could be centered around how when you vote for any of the other candidates, you will get the same thing. aka dont be fooled.

I think we could have a lot of fun with this.

Also, this allows us, grassroots, enough time to actually promote this, unlike NOBP.

BTO should be the standard.

I can even create a picture and avatars for people to get going, if we were to decide on this.

iGGz
02-16-2012, 08:25 PM
[}{]

Okie RP fan
02-16-2012, 08:26 PM
I think an APRIL FOOLS DAY one would be good.

In this moneybomb we could expose the lies on every other candidate. The theme could be centered around how when you vote for any of the other candidates, you will get the same thing. aka dont be fooled.

I think we could have a lot of fun with this.

Also, this allows us, grassroots, enough time to actually promote this, unlike NOBP.

BTO should be the standard.

I can even create a picture and avatars for people to get going, if we were to decide on this.

I think that's a good idea. However, we are wanting one for March as well, correct? So that pinches time, and most of us are trying to avoid that this time.

The Binghamton Patriot
02-16-2012, 08:27 PM
AMERICAN SPRING

iGGz
02-16-2012, 08:28 PM
[}{]

No Free Beer
02-16-2012, 08:28 PM
I think that's a good idea. However, we are wanting one for March as well, correct? So that pinches time, and most of us are trying to avoid that this time.

I think we need more time, to be honest. I would love to get one as quickly as possible, but I think it unrealistic to expect us to get a solid promotion going within a month. By the time it circulates, it will almost be the date. I think we can afford to push it back to April 1st and have a big day. I think we should ask the campaign if they would be down with this...

hammy
02-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Well, remember when Ron said "we need this money to run ads in Iowa," or at least in an email statement or whatever, I can't remember exactly which moneybomb it was, but I remember donations skyrocketing after they gave a specific "goal" that the money would be used for. Remember from all our tedxtalks we post, "People buy why, not what."

seawolf
02-16-2012, 09:23 PM
We need a Money Bomb the first week of March. Time is critical now as the Primaries and Caucus's will be coming fast and furious.

Plus, Ron himself has to do far more fund raisers. I see only two scheduled this month in Arizona.

Newt just raised $2 Million with a ton of fund raiser events in the past two weeks.

Even if he hates them (which I understand he does) the Money Bombs and for that fact the Grassroots are flat running out of steam and money.

RipperNT
02-16-2012, 09:25 PM
We need a Money Bomb the first week of March. Time is critical now as the Primaries and Caucus's will be coming fast and furious.

Plus, Ron himself has to do far more fund raisers. I see only two scheduled this month in Arizona.

Newt just raised $2 Million with a ton of fund raiser events in the past two weeks.

Even if he hates them (which I understand he does) the Money Bombs and for that fact the Grassroots are flat running out of steam and money.

Hit 2500 with this last one! :(

Okie RP fan
02-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I think we need more time, to be honest. I would love to get one as quickly as possible, but I think it unrealistic to expect us to get a solid promotion going within a month. By the time it circulates, it will almost be the date. I think we can afford to push it back to April 1st and have a big day. I think we should ask the campaign if they would be down with this...

I suggested in the "Something's Happening..." thread, was to have that MB on March 15th because it gives time to promote that one, and is a Thursday so it will drag into the weekend. What we can do is immediately after that one, start promoting your idea and have kind of a mini MB. We can set a goal on April Fool's to get $500,000 and set a goal of $1.5 million for the March 15th one (setting realistic goals, donations are really slowing down).

What do you think about that?

The Binghamton Patriot
02-17-2012, 11:14 PM
BING! You're a damn GENIUS!

thx iggz

No Free Beer
02-17-2012, 11:20 PM
I suggested in the "Something's Happening..." thread, was to have that MB on March 15th because it gives time to promote that one, and is a Thursday so it will drag into the weekend. What we can do is immediately after that one, start promoting your idea and have kind of a mini MB. We can set a goal on April Fool's to get $500,000 and set a goal of $1.5 million for the March 15th one (setting realistic goals, donations are really slowing down).

What do you think about that?

So, you are saying a minibomb before a superbomb?

D.A.S.
02-17-2012, 11:34 PM

I agree 100% with everything you said ^^^^

We must have the next moneybomb in the beginning of March. I personally think that the reason Ron was laying low before and after Maine is because his campaign ran dry financially, or was saving its remaining money for CRITICAL ground operations. Notice how Ron started to travel around upcoming states as soon as this moneybomb brought in some cash? We gotta plan the next moneybomb SOON, keep em flush with cash, give them the money to actually WIN.

Mckarnin
02-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I'm poor and even giving $25 hurts a bit but bi-weekly donations are a possibility for me because of how paychecks are timed. I think that's likely to be the case for a lot of supporters who aren't broke. Ron Paul does need more money. I was hoping that NOBP would get him to $2m so he would have a bit to work with for Super Tuesday. Feb 14th was cute but I still think he lost some of the momentum he would have had if the big push had been on a Friday. Early March is a little late but if we have a good sized day on March 2nd that still gives them a boost before Super Tuesday to help with flying him to speaking engagements and running ads for the rest of March.

Since he REALLY needs money I am wondering if the theme for early March should perhaps steer clear of education and be more focused on the the idea of sacrificing for freedom, a little bit when multiplied times thousands going a long way, etc...like a freedom snowball effect. Something clear and strong. Especially considering how much of his $$ comes from small individual donations, perhaps really educating folks on that fact, making it clear that he doesn't have a bunch of fat cats lined up to pump money into his campaign but that he has something better, true supporters who sacrifice and save. We could even have little testimonials or make something FML like about situations supporters have found themselves in to save money for a moneybomb...giving up coffee or cigs or beer or unsubscribing from Netflix or whatever.

I was already brainstorming a YouTube ad about a similar theme for this month but it fell through.

joshnorris14
02-18-2012, 01:44 AM
If we get a win on Super Tuesday or March 3rd, we need a moneybomb AS SOON AS THE RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED.

dante
02-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Instead of a money bomb we need to focus on a donor bomb. We need $25-50 from as many people as possible. We also need to do it asap. We can't wait, we need to go for broke in time for the money to be spent for Super Tuesday.

10k donors each day at $25. Yesterday I got an email from the campaign saying if I was one of 39 people in my town to give $25 they would get to $2million for this money bomb. We need many many more of those types of emails.

The campaign should try to raise 250k daily via the please be one of 10 donors from xxxx location to give $25 today. Do that every day between now and Super Tuesday. Each day say what the 250k will be spent on. Day 1, Idaho radio ads. Day 2, North Dakota radio ads... etc...

Okie RP fan
02-18-2012, 08:28 AM
So, you are saying a minibomb before a superbomb?

Other way around. Assuming we have one in March, that leaves a very short time frame for one on April first, but it is doable. Your idea could be used on April Fool's, and we can set a smaller goal for it (say, $500,000) than the one in March ($1-2 million). The April Fool's one could be used to also round up the ones who didn't donate or couldn't donate for the one in March.

Mckarnin
02-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Instead of a money bomb we need to focus on a donor bomb. We need $25-50 from as many people as possible. We also need to do it asap. We can't wait, we need to go for broke in time for the money to be spent for Super Tuesday.

10k donors each day at $25. Yesterday I got an email from the campaign saying if I was one of 39 people in my town to give $25 they would get to $2million for this money bomb. We need many many more of those types of emails.

The campaign should try to raise 250k daily via the please be one of 10 donors from xxxx location to give $25 today. Do that every day between now and Super Tuesday. Each day say what the 250k will be spent on. Day 1, Idaho radio ads. Day 2, North Dakota radio ads... etc...

I agree, we need more people and new people to give. There is actually a YouTube script that I was working on with some folks that will be perfect for a bomb focused on getting more people to give.